Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ah. It was, indeed, "Counter."

I will pass along the advice about rate - he is hitting about 3/4 of the expected rate, which is acceptable for a trainee. Thank you!

(edit) ugh. New page.

As I have not been a retail wage slave in way too many years, please gaze upon one of our office-favorite early efforts (pre-Simpsons) by Mr. Matt Groening, and consider tagging yourself: I have been several:

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I figured out why the front end people who are scheduled to pull online orders suck at it besides not knowing the layout of the store. The assman in charge of the front end hasn't actually had any of them trained on how to properly do that part of the job because "I don't have time to." No wonder our INF rate is hovering around 9% when the metric is less that 5%. He also told them to substitute "similar" items for the orders if you can't find the actual items to make the INF percent go down, which is now showing up as the main reason for low guest survey results. Lol. Sorry guy, people are going to notice the difference between wide-ruled and college-ruled notebooks!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

PainterofCrap posted:

Ah. It was, indeed, "Counter."

I will pass along the advice about rate - he is hitting about 3/4 of the expected rate, which is acceptable for a trainee. Thank you!

(edit) ugh. New page.

As I have not been a retail wage slave in way too many years, please gaze upon one of our office-favorite early efforts (pre-Simpsons) by Mr. Matt Groening, and consider tagging yourself: I have been several:

Literally The Bosses Nephew for my first job. It was why I basically ended up as his second in command at his lawncare service: he knew he could always lean on my mom to make me responsible. He'd generally leave me with the "not-so-secret" drunk (yeah you can't even fool your 17 year old manager for the day, rear end in a top hat) and then a good worker to balance it out and then leave us for 6 hours to cover another job as we cleared brush on some rich rear end in a top hat's hillside.

Anyways thought up some more Amazon advice. Keep in mind that each FC is different so take some of this advice with a grain of salt:
    RATE
    Yes Amazon does give what jobs it can an hourly rate. In a reasonably run FC they're not actually demanding provided you can put up with the physicality of the job. I'm going to repeat this phrase often but working at an FC is basically an 8/10/12 hour long low-impact workout depending on where and what shift you're working. They vary from department to department and vary from FC to FC. Last I checked/heard I worked in one of the highest rated buildings for the US network and if my fat 300+lb rear end can hit rate there, then anyone who isn't on a medical accommodation can. Here's a few secrets about rate, good and bad.
  • You're on the clock for 10 hours but you only "work" for 9, the rest is "stand up" announcements and an on-the-clock break. This is one of the big dick moves about rate that Amazon does. At the end of the day you want to hit your rate and then 10-15% more to be safe.
  • Your rate is not the "team" rate. A lot of managers like to set a "team" rate if they know their team can crush the rate. This is not the rate you have to hit. This is the rate your manager wants you to hit. Make sure you know your rate and not your team rate. One is the one you need to hit, the other is the one your manager needs you to hit to get noticed by Senior Operations Sempai. Seriously I didn't know the difference for months after I started and I spent them freaking out and wondering why I wasn't getting constantly nagged by trainers.
  • As long as it's obvious you are trying your manager will try to help you if you are struggling to hit rate. They will sick their Learning Ambassadors and PAs on you to help you. They will try to find alternate jobs you can do. If they do not do this and just continue to give you poo poo, go to HR and make some noise.
  • Amazon does not actually want to fire you for your rate. As long as you are trying they will bend the rules they go on about. As long as you are showing up to work, pitching in, not creating new issues and so on Amazon will just be happy they don't have to train a new person. HR knows very well how much money they lose by hiring thousands of people who burn out within a month, if you stick around they will try to find something for you to do just because you're one less position to fill.
  • Amazon will use your rate as an excuse to fire you for other reasons. As I said it's a management tool. If you're a poo poo (or if your manager's a poo poo, remember you get enough people some of them are gonna be asshats) and they have nothing else they will use rate to kick your rear end to the curb.

Safety
    Some of this seems obvious but you will not believe how much of this I see going wrong every loving day from people who should know better. You wanna go down to AMCARE? Go ahead, they really aren't gonna do much more than put some ice or heat on your boo-boo. If it's 911-worthy they'll come to you. Remember this is a physical job. It's basically a low-impact workout for 10 hours a day (or 12 if you're working on some part-time shifts or during holiday overtime). Respect it or you will end up in a world of pain. If you're not fit your first 1-2 months will be exhausting and leave you sore every night. If you think you're fit, Amazon will teach you that you weren't as fit as you thought.
  • LIFT WITH YOUR GODDAMN KNEES! No, seriously, save your back. Amazon (or at least the part of responsible for injury claims) wants you to go home more or less in the same shape you came in. More tired, perhaps a tiny bit more fit, definitely without any serious strains.
  • Parking Lot Safety is important! Like, seriously, you have a bunch of tired people filtering in and out of that parking lot, take it slow and let pedestrians go first. Doubly so in bad weather. Triply so during peak. Also you know how I said HR will use rate as a tool to fire you? It's a management tool but I've never actually seen it happen myself. In comparison I've seen 2 people who were already on thin ice fired because they ran a stop sign in the parking lot.
  • Dress for the job! Light or exercise clothes. Headband/hat to catch the sweat. Something you can move and your body can breathe in. It's a 10 hour low-impact workout.
  • Dress for the weather! Coming out of the building hot and sweaty into near (or below) freezing weather is going to wreck you. Especially if you didn't bring a jacket.
  • No, Seriously: Lift with your legs. I will repeat it, your managers will repeat it in the vain hope that you will learn it without hurting yourself but everyone realizes the hard way that their lazy muscle memory wants them bending at the waist when they go home with sore backs the first few months. Get used to doing squats, or if you're not comfy doing those do what I do: go down on one knee in a "power stance".
  • Ask for help! Shelf too high? Ask a tall person for help. Box too heavy to lift? Team lift!
  • Hydration is important! Get yourself a water bottle (ideally clear/translucent to make Security happy) and fill it up regularly. There's water fountains all over the buildings for a reason, but it's much more convenient to have that water at your side already.
  • Hydration is doubly important if you're caffeinated! The breakrooms sell every single energy drink known to man, coffee, caffeinated energy bars, etc. because Amazon knows what its employees need to get through the day. And what they need in double amounts to get through the night. However Caffeine dehydrates you, so if you're chugging down Monster/NOS/Red Bull/Bang/5 Hours then you should make sure you're also drinking water to go with it.

Random poo poo!
  • The buildings are dusty as can be just from the amount of people and cardboard moving around in them, which dries out your mouth. Hydration is important but running to the bathroom too often (especially in a huge warehouse) sucks. I suggest carrying some hard candy or gum in your pocket to keep your mouth from drying out.
  • Keep track of your time off! You get lots of time off to spend by the hour. Amazon knows some days you just hurt or are sick and tired of your job/boss and want or need to go home early. This is fine but you want to keep a good 20-30 hours in reserve because that is also your sick time. Way too many people spend the 20 unpaid time drop they get every 3 months within the first week and then start bitching up a storm when they have to show up and work a 40 hour work week while sick or get fired. Or they have car trouble on the way to work and have to beg and plead with HR to forgive an hour of UPT.
  • Manager giving you poo poo about you not doing a job right? Here's a trick: stand back and respectfully ask them "Okay, could you do it and show me how to do it right and what I'm doing wrong?" Either they have to put up (and maybe teach you something new!) or shut up. Honestly this works for just about any and every job.
  • Always remember the three most important letters of the Alphabet: C-Y-A. Do not do something if it's suspicious. Do not do something if you feel you're going to hurt yourself. And remember at the end of the day the most important thing is to make sure you make it home in a good enough shape mentally and physically you can come back and do it again the next shift.

That list kinda got out of hand but hopefully it will help your Neighbor's son Painter, or anyone else who gets a job at Amazon. I know there's at least 1-2 other Amazon Associates who skim this thread who could probably add some advice of their own.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I've gone from angry, mumbling janitor to cog. Hell yeah.

Speaking of, my department is turbo-hosed from all the late-month ordering and I'm sick and I can't take a day off or it'll get a thousand times worse by my next shift. On the upside, maybe the truck won't show up until an hour before I'm scheduled to leave again and this time I'll just shrug and go home and drink my way into a gatorade-induced coma.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

Stoned loading-dock worker baebayyyyyyy :420: :350:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I have 2 more shifts before my blessed annual vacation. I'm taking 5 weeks this time, and I have the most marvelous food and wine centric road trip planned for 2.5 of them. Every meal has been pre planned and scheduled, plus wine tours in 2 different wine regions.

I am however convinced that management and my customers are conspiring to turn my last week before vacation into a sort of Boss Rush.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

The Lord Bude posted:

I have 2 more shifts before my blessed annual vacation. I'm taking 5 weeks this time, and I have the most marvelous food and wine centric road trip planned for 2.5 of them. Every meal has been pre planned and scheduled, plus wine tours in 2 different wine regions.

I am however convinced that management and my customers are conspiring to turn my last week before vacation into a sort of Boss Rush.

Let us know how many days it takes for you and your body to forget about your vacation. I'm guessing 5 days.

Sorry I meant 0.5 days.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
What's amazing about a long enough vacation is how time seems to stretch. On my last vacation I got nine days off in a row. Nine. Without the routine of work every day seemed to hang in the air like an Einstein balloon. What day is it? What hour is it? hosed if I know. Time doesn't matter when you've nothing to do and nowhere to be.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rainbow Knight posted:

Let us know how many days it takes for you and your body to forget about your vacation. I'm guessing 5 days.

Sorry I meant 0.5 days.

You mean when I get back? Judging from past experience the first week or so back is tough physically until I settle back into the rythm; but mentally I stay refreshed and regenerated for months. Right now I feel exhausted on a deep emotional level, it’s been 14 months since my last vacation which is far too long but it’s how it needed to happen in order to align myself with the schedules of some friends I’ll be visiting.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

My last vacation was in 2015

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Got my first corrective action 2day

I think I was made an example of (it was for juuling in the back room, which EVERYONE DOES) but I knew I was wrong for doing it so I was like “whatever, mea culpa”. I’d rather it be my first CA than be someone’s final warning and they get fired for something I should have nipped in the bud long ago so I’ll deal with it

after I signed it they took a picture of the paper with their phone so that’s how I know someone made an example of me. Apparently ASM namedropped me at a manager meeting about it. It’s cool

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
If you do a quick puff out of sight of the customer, away from open foods, who gives a poo poo. I've seen store management do quick puffs here and there where I work.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Pentaghastly posted:

Got my first corrective action 2day

I think I was made an example of (it was for juuling in the back room, which EVERYONE DOES) but I knew I was wrong for doing it so I was like “whatever, mea culpa”. I’d rather it be my first CA than be someone’s final warning and they get fired for something I should have nipped in the bud long ago so I’ll deal with it

after I signed it they took a picture of the paper with their phone so that’s how I know someone made an example of me. Apparently ASM namedropped me at a manager meeting about it. It’s cool

They're building a case to fire you for making trouble. Find another job now.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Volmarias posted:

They're building a case to fire you for making trouble. Find another job now.

What is it, three strikes and you're out? I guarantee you'll get another strike within one or two weeks.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
God I wish

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

What the gently caress is juuling?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

What the gently caress is juuling?

Vaping.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hate young people

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Leal posted:

I hate young people

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Be the most awkwardly cheerful and overhelpful person whenever you think they're trying to set you up to be fired. Just screw with their minds.

Leal posted:

I hate young people

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So essentially smoking in a non smoking area then.

Sorry but in my perfect world that would be punished by summary execution.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

So essentially smoking in a non smoking area then.

Sorry but in my perfect world that would be punished by summary execution.

Again, she works in the United States. Vaping is not considered smoking, vaping in the break room would technically be ok.

No lie, I learned from a previous job where people vaped, just cut that poo poo early and ban it from the store. It’s a flash point, people who don’t vape start complaining. That being said, I don’t see Starbucks as smart enough to address that policy and probably just hosed her over on the back end.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Yeah, it’s something I’d do and not see anything bad with it bc “gently caress what starbucks thinks” but I knew in the back of my mind I was in the wrong for it

But let it be known I wasn’t the first to do it, I actually started in the first place because a coworker was vaping in the back and I was tired of sitting out in the cold and reeking of smoke. He’s an ASM now, too...huh

And I definitely feel like a loving grandma using a Juul at 24. It’s a teen thing

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What's amazing about a long enough vacation is how time seems to stretch. On my last vacation I got nine days off in a row. Nine. Without the routine of work every day seemed to hang in the air like an Einstein balloon. What day is it? What hour is it? hosed if I know. Time doesn't matter when you've nothing to do and nowhere to be.

Do what I did: drive in a direction and don't stop.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Duckman2008 posted:

Again, she works in the United States. Vaping is not considered smoking, vaping in the break room would technically be ok.

Varies by jurisdiction. A lot of places started off by moving the e-cig category wholly under cigarette regs.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Discendo Vox posted:

Varies by jurisdiction. A lot of places started off by moving the e-cig category wholly under cigarette regs.
Starbucks regs count vaping as smoking. She might as well have been smoking a cigarette in the back for their purposes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

CA is really specific, especially since weed became legal. If you want to puff/smoke anything and you aren't in a smoking area you can expect to be hassled.

Maybe it was just the valet company, but when I worked there you couldn't even smoke/vape if you had the uniform on.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 3, 2019

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Oh boy another mass shooting at a Walmart :negative:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

First day of my Vacation, and the first thing I do is go into my store to buy some groceries.

The store manager sees me walk in and she yells out ‘fucks sake Bude; you’re on holidays, gently caress off’

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The Lord Bude posted:

First day of my Vacation, and the first thing I do is go into my store to buy some groceries.

The store manager sees me walk in and she yells out ‘fucks sake Bude; you’re on holidays, gently caress off’

:lol: better than trying to wrangle you into working, at least?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
You ever had a day where... waking up was a mistake? I have. In fact, I've had a lot of them- but I'm talking about this one in particular.

The first hint that I should have stayed in bed was when I woke up hours past my normal wake-up, squinted at the clock, and couldn't tell if it was eleven, or one. 

The second hint was that my nose was packed like a mine sapped and charged by mucinoid engineers aiming to bunker-bust my nasal fortifications.

The third hint was when I remembered I work retail. 

But after a few minutes of being up and around, I didn't feel so bad. Not bad enough to risk being written-up for calling in on short notice, anyways. Just leaky. Sure, I'd had pneumonia before but it probably wouldn't happen again. Right? So I took an hour shower, sloughed myself into some clothes and dripped all the way to my car.

I parked all of sixty feet from the building and in the time it took to go from the car to the door sweat started to pour and a little voice in the back of my head said,

"Oh no."

Seven hours to go.

I managed to clock in and exist on the floor for two seconds before the store manager saw me. Recognition flashed in her eyes and she waved me over and I knew, then, that she'd say something that was going to make me... not mad, so much as regrettably conscious.

So I walked over to her, because it was either that or walking out the door, and said hello. She asked me how I was. I raised my brows as slightly as her question raised my spirits and said, "Sick," in that nasal tone you use when something not you is alive inside your head.

She cringed and recoiled, which actually did make me feel slightly better. Then she said, "I had you come in early today because you're working dairy, before your truck comes in. Another manager will be helping you, OK?"

Why was I working dairy? When would my department's truck arrive? When would I be getting help? All these questions and more, I didn't ask. You don't ask questions from someone who assumes them to be a knife aimed at the heart of her authority. So I made with the smile, nod and sniffle, then shuffled off to ask my department manager what in the gently caress.

He was busy in the meat market, turning parts of animals into pieces of food. I didn't wanna breathe nastiness onto anything, so I stayed back at the door with one hand up around my mouth-area and called, to his back, "Hey. What's up with the dairy truck?"

"Huh? Oh." He spoke without turning around. "Nerd's doing that when he comes in."

"I'm aware," I said, voice dry as the tiled floor wasn't. He looked over his shoulder and was genuinely surprised to find that I was me. 

He explained, apologetically, that the store manager had made the schedule before he could. He wasn't sure why she did this, but she did. He also explained that she forgot that it was also a truck day for my department. Forgot about the trucks that've been coming the same days, every week, for the past three months.

Welp.

I got cracking on the eggs, pulled the milk and cut through the cheese. I was tired and miserable and sweating, but too fatigued to think about boredom or self-loathing. I ascended to the ideal plain of no-brain zen, shuffling around with my mouth open. 

I'm aware now and was aware then I looked like six feet of stooped piss in boots. 

One thing people don't realize is that when you're leaning into a freezer or a fridge, it's very hard to hear anything outside of it. It's a big humming box and the only way sound gets in is directly behind me. That's on top of my store radio, the store music, the external screaming of unwanted children and the internal screaming of unwanted employment. Oh, and a stuffy, throbbing head.

No mystery at all then, why, when someone came up and said, "bread", not so much asking a question as pinching a verbal loaf across my back- I didn't notice.

So less than a minute later, I stood up, turned around and found a cross between Nancy Grace and Paula Dean looking at me with loathing in her eyes and butter in her pores. She had the look of an outrage that stumbled through life, looking for offense to throw herself on.

"I said bread." No hello, no excuse me. She squinted, maybe just then noticing how I looked- disheveled. Sweating. Sick. "Are you on something?" I'm not sure if she was serious or what, but she said it in the tone of 'are you stupid?' so it's anyone's guess.

What I said was, "Excuse me?" What I wanted to say was, "Sudafed, bitch."

I was 80% done with the trucks and 100% done with the day by the time my help showed up.

Called out the next day, fell into a semi-vegetative state and restively died. It was a lot like going to work, except I got to do it in front of my computer instead.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I loving HATE THIS PLACE!!! But am I wrong? I know I should have just said yes ofc :) - if I wanted to keep this job

Telephones fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 10, 2019

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
all I want is a job that pays at least $10 an hour is and let me listen to music during it Non-Stop about 30 to 40 hours a week. just such a thing exist?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Telephones posted:

all I want is a job that pays at least $10 an hour is and let me listen to music during it Non-Stop about 30 to 40 hours a week. just such a thing exist?

yeah, but you need computer-touching qualifications to get it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Telephones posted:

I'm a cashier at WF! Today, my manager asked me today what time I was leaving, and nothing more. I immediately knew that I was in trouble for something (managers always do discipline near the end of the work day). I was really nervous for about an hour and an half. Then I was called off my register and led into the back, a small cash office about the size of two bathroom stalls. My manager was standing, my other manager was sitting and offering donuts, I was sitting. Three complaints about my bagging in a month, that is people coming up to customer service desk and one person calling the store and giving them my employee ID from the receipt. I thought I was getting fired. They were really serious about it, accusing me of not doing things I do all the loving time. I kind of got my feelings hurt a little and I was angry. Visibly agitated for sure. I said no, I always am very conscious and focused and diligent. I like to use work to practice focus and discipline. And I was angry. Because my store is nonstop busy, and if I conservatively estimate that I serve 30 customers and hour - probably more like 50 an hour - for 20 hours a week, is 1/600 customers complaining really such a bad metric? And how do you know they aren't just trying to scam you? And how do you know it was me who bagged them and not a bagger? Then they also said they see me do a lot of bad stuff in the moment, like today I picked someone's flower's up from the top of the bouquet bag. I got angry that they just let me make the mistake until then. And then the same for another mistake that somebody anonymous tipped them off on.

I loving HATE THIS PLACE!!! But am I wrong? I know I should have just said yes ofc :) - if I wanted to keep this job.

Welcome to retail. 9/10 managers believe that keeping their workers in a state of constant stress, terror and anger gets better results. It's why I take Back of House jobs these days and Amazon is about as Back of House as you can get. Still gotta get poo poo out the door but there's no customers to get in the way (well except for that one idiot who orders nothing but cases of drinks and lightbulbs. Sorry pall, no matter how much dunnage I put in the box it'll still be a coin flip if you get all those lightbulbs). Management will still try to find ways to be assholes because that's just human nature but an Amazon FC is a high enough strain environment that I find any floor manager won't last long if they utterly piss off their crew. Eventually it gets to HR asking very pointed question why over half of your team used their time-off hours to walk out together mid-shift.

Anyways, it's official: I got the Ambassadorship, so I'll be training all the new white-badges come Peak season. Also I think management noticed how much it pissed everyone off that all of last Peak's seasonals got terminated: they're already starting to convert the Prime Day seasonals to blue badge full time employment.

Also got stuck on the smartpack machine (the machine that spits out the blue/white bags for small orders) with a hosed up cutting blade tonight. Would work fine half the time and then suddenly I'd end up with 20 packages just sitting stuck at the bottom of the machine's kick-out conveyer, or a long string of packages still stuck together at one spot going out the machine and down the takeaway line like a giant plastic tapworm.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 7, 2019

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Cryohazard posted:

yeah, but you need computer-touching qualifications to get it.

I have an associates and I have written a couple of Android apps and some desktop apps. Good enough? What kind of job are we talking here?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Telephones posted:

I have an associates and I have written a couple of Android apps and some desktop apps. Good enough? What kind of job are we talking here?

You should be trying to work for some kind of garbage code consulting firm instead to start with. It will still be garbage but it probably pays better than Retail, you don't have to stand all day, and there's a chance your career will move on to places where you actually can listen to music 40h/day

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 7, 2019

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
"Learn to code" is the Millennial version of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Star Man posted:

"Learn to code" is the Millennial version of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

Telephones posted:

I wash buses for $13/hr (In the Willamette Valley, so still not a livable wage, but better than Albertsons offered) and 40 a week. And I don't have to deal with customers like the drivers do. You could always look into if your city has a thing like MTM, who contract from the main bus for the area to run smaller buses for elderly/disabled riders.