Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Morpheus posted:

So what are the odds the system patch was to force players of that baseball game to patch up?

none, the patch exists because thefl0w published the trinity chain in explicit detail and sony would have had to have been literally asleep to avoid doing anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Speaking of.

https://mobile.twitter.com/St4rkDev/status/1153876778105987073

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Apparently they've been sitting on this since february for just this reason yeah. Things should be back to normal in a month or two.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That Konami baseball game is very popular. They probably did put it in place just for that.

1. [PS4] Professional Baseball Spirits – 175,189 / NEW
2. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 46,065 / 380,142
3. [PSV] Professional Baseball Spirits – 44,270 / NEW

The Switch version also had a boost in sales for the week.
[NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball – 9,074 / 114,672

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
It is a crime against humanity that they haven't released a Power Pros game outside of Japan in over a decade.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'd try it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all,

My micro usb cord isn't working with my PS Vita 2001, should I get more cords or is it possible this used vita has a busted charging port?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Try another cord. Sometimes things are a little out of spec and it’s a cheap fix, plus you probably have a bunch laying around anyway.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Herr Tog posted:

Hey y'all,

My micro usb cord isn't working with my PS Vita 2001, should I get more cords or is it possible this used vita has a busted charging port?

I had a cord I had been using for years that gave up charging the Vita. I changed to a different one and was back in business. Weird thing is the cord still charges other stuff:iiam:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
okay! I think it is the power rate of transfer. once I bypass the AC adapter and just plug the vita into a micro usb cord to a usb wall charger it charges. This is strange. I feel like I should be using the AC adapter

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is the wall charger also 2.4 amps?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Microusb is the worst usb. It’s fairly failure prone and I’ve had a bunch die on me (both cables and ports) over the years

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the microusb fit is also the most finicky

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I actually like the 1000's port better. Yeah I already have a million microusb cables but they're all poo poo.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Are 3rd party batteries reliable? My vita's battery dies after less than two days in sleep mode.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Is the wall charger also 2.4 amps?

I'll check later! Persona time now

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

https://vita.hacks.guide/

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vita2sd&crid=30KVMN4768O53&sprefix=vita2%2Caps%2C125&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5

If you have a 1000 model with no memory card for some reason, you'll need one. Oh, and a microSD card to put in the thingy. Otherwise, that's it!
I've got a 1000 but the memory stick is definitely dying (like 70% of my installed games just stopped showing up). Can I still use that to get the hack going, or would it not be recommended?

My main interest in homebrew is for the ability to use SD cards, so it'd be ironic if the only way to set that up was... to buy another memory stick. :mrgw:

Looks like I'm in good shape otherwise, as I'm on 3.70 and I have no need for the game card slot.

Also I had no idea that sd2vita was such a general product with different brands out there; any reasons to go for one over the other?

Either way thanks for the post and those links!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Minidust posted:

I've got a 1000 but the memory stick is definitely dying (like 70% of my installed games just stopped showing up). Can I still use that to get the hack going, or would it not be recommended?

My main interest in homebrew is for the ability to use SD cards, so it'd be ironic if the only way to set that up was... to buy another memory stick. :mrgw:

Looks like I'm in good shape otherwise, as I'm on 3.70 and I have no need for the game card slot.

Also I had no idea that sd2vita was such a general product with different brands out there; any reasons to go for one over the other?

Either way thanks for the post and those links!

Yeah you can hack it with that. Once you get it done with enso you can copy the necessary stuff to the 1000's internal memory that we weren't supposed to be able to access and then the memory card is pointless.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head but look for the homebrew that lets you replace system apps with a copy of vitashell so you've got a permanent backdoor.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

sd2vita is produced en masse - pick any highly rated seller on ebay and order 2 or 3 cards just in case. They're dirty cheap and if one fails you'll have a failsafe. The white ones are recommended because they have the better fit and they're shaped as a game card.

That said though, you should do the downgrade to 3.60 as soon as you can - 3.70 is expected to lose PSN access at any moment, and 3.71 cannot be hacked right now. The 3.70 exploit was not meant for prolonged use and you'll have issues with plugins and homebrew compatibility if you use it regularly.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ignis posted:

downgrade to 3.60

Don't you mean 3.65?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Quick question concerning this guide: https://vita.hacks.guide/

My vita is on 3.67, which the guide says will require me to update to 3.68 because that is what finalhe supports.

Do i still need to upgrade to 3.68 even though the latest finalhe release now supports 3.67?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

Don't you mean 3.65?

I believe you have to downgrade to 3.60 and then upgrade to 3.65 if you want 3.65

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

CRAYON posted:

Quick question concerning this guide: https://vita.hacks.guide/

My vita is on 3.67, which the guide says will require me to update to 3.68 because that is what finalhe supports.

Do i still need to upgrade to 3.68 even though the latest finalhe release now supports 3.67?

I think you should be fine, doesn't seem like they've updated that bit yet on the guide.

Mithaldu posted:

Don't you mean 3.65?

60/65 have few differences these days, the major ones being

-Vitacheat only runs on .65
-60 has by far the simpler install procedure
-60 is the last version officially supported by the vita dev kit, so it's the version plugins and other hb will run best at. This is probably more important wrt old software; the essential hb like storagemgr adrenaline etc runs fine on either.
-since the creation of ref00d, you can pretty much run any game regardless of fw requirements on either of them.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll be looking into that 3.60 downgrade.

Kina-crossposting from the Switch thread... saw this from CAG and wondering how good it would be for sd2vita:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1159074682978656262?s=20

What's the highest supported capacity for sd2vita anyway?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I use one in my PSVSD and it's great, so I can't see how it wouldn't be ok in an SD2VITA

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Bought a used Vita PCH 1103 today, it was a bit dirty but its cleaned up ok. Also got a 8GB Mem card.

Total was £90 for both, and yes I maybe could have gotten cheaper on eBay but the place I bought it from has a "legit" 18 month warranty (they are a big chain/franchise so unlikely to disappear overnight) on pretty much everything it sells and I had £70 in store credit anyway.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/TweetVitaReview/status/1160637725441179650

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I came across this cute homebrew puzzle game called Pingo, which was recently updated with new levels last week. It's a puzzle game where you control an orange ball to paint an entire level orange, in the smallest amount of steps you can take. The game is very well made, with cool graphics and aesthetics, and the puzzles are fun to solve and challenging. If you're looking for a puzzle game to add to your vita collection, it's free and requires a hacked Vita to run; it's also available on the Vita Homebrew Browser if you got it installed. https://github.com/Grzybojad/Pingo

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Found a helpful YouTube video and successfully downgraded to 3.60. Now just waiting for my sd2vitas to arrive and then I can dive into some of this homebrew stuff. :woop:

At this point can I still download PS Plus games and use cloud saves like I normally would? I'm on the same account as my PS4, PS Vue and all general PS-stuff. It's my understanding that there's no real risk of getting your account flagged or anything like that, unless you're hacking trophies or cheating in multiplayer (not that there's active Vita multiplayer these days). Is that pretty much accurate?

fwiw I've spoofed the current firmware and I can confirm that PS4 remote play works, and I can at least enter the PS Store (haven't downloaded any purchases yet since the hack).

e: vvvvv ohhhhhh that's gonna be a problem :/ Okay I'll have to mess around later!

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 15, 2019

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Supposedly you can’t download on 3.6. you’d have to be running 3.65 ensō i think.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is the Jak and Daxter port normally janky on the vita, or is it a bad port?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

star eater posted:

Supposedly you can’t download on 3.6. you’d have to be running 3.65 ensō i think.

I am running 3.60 Enso and PSN works perfectly fine.

Minidust posted:

At this point can I still download PS Plus games and use cloud saves like I normally would? I'm on the same account as my PS4, PS Vue and all general PS-stuff. It's my understanding that there's no real risk of getting your account flagged or anything like that, unless you're hacking trophies or cheating in multiplayer (not that there's active Vita multiplayer these days). Is that pretty much accurate?

fwiw I've spoofed the current firmware and I can confirm that PS4 remote play works, and I can at least enter the PS Store (haven't downloaded any purchases yet since the hack).

You can use Plus, download/upload saves, enter and download from the store, etc. I've been using it this way for a year and haven't heard a peep from Sony about it. Just stay clear of cheats and you're good to go.

Don't update to 3.65! The install is a bit more of a pain, you will need to associate it to a PSN account, and you're already at a good firmware anyways

Ignis fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 15, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anora posted:

Yeah it runs at like 20fps

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Minidust posted:

Found a helpful YouTube video and successfully downgraded to 3.60. Now just waiting for my sd2vitas to arrive and then I can dive into some of this homebrew stuff. :woop:

e: vvvvv ohhhhhh that's gonna be a problem :/ Okay I'll have to mess around later!

There's a homebrew called ReLink (I think, it's something like that) that forces remote play to work regardless of firmware version. Worth looking into if you use it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Relink isn't required for remote play, but it's still useful if you want to use it without logging in to an account

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Ignis posted:

I am running 3.60 Enso and PSN works perfectly fine.

You can use Plus, download/upload saves, enter and download from the store, etc. I've been using it this way for a year and haven't heard a peep from Sony about it. Just stay clear of cheats and you're good to go.

Don't update to 3.65! The install is a bit more of a pain, you will need to associate it to a PSN account, and you're already at a good firmware anyways
Ah that's awesome to hear. You got to me in time!! Thanks friend.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anora posted:

It's not a good port, as evidenced by Vibration still being in the options menu

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not a good port, as evidenced by Vibration still being in the options menu

wow

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think Jak 2 and 3 were a little better? Still not..great and I think the R&C ports were a lot better over all though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just hacked both of my Vitas and downgraded to 3.60! :toot: