Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I wish I could sleep when I wanted. Instead I Trup.
Goodnight you princes of piss. You kings of guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeriel posted:

I wish I could sleep when I wanted. Instead I Trup.
Goodnight you princes of piss. You kings of guillotine.

i too wish i could sleep rn

instead i woke up at like 1 pm so im probably up til who the gently caress knows

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Why aren't you guys impressed I've cancelled Noam Chomsky

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Addamere posted:

im dumb as hell and i have opinions about politics

"dumb as hell" relative to what? Not this guy:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nurse Fanny posted:

it is unprecedented

the corrupt people were relatively competent and the masses were told to just keep on being lovely which they happily did

the United States pulled out of its major forever wars then but we are still in our two right now

dont smokescreen this bullshit its loving terrible and we are all going to die from antibiotic resistant gonorrhea

why did you read an old New York Times anyway
ya. it's also not like we have time to do ~incrementalism~ that someday we will have gay space communism just gotta let the racists corpofacists control for a little awhile longer but it's ok because.....

also while they were causing it, they weren't subject to catastrophic global societal and ecosystem collapse real-time and in the very near future with no end in sight to slow the problem.

top-soil takes thousands of years to develop and is all going away due to lovely industrial mono-cultural corn/soy/etc agriculture, our aquifers, which could have last human-use for many hundreds of years, will be completely depleted in in several decades, the entire aquatic ecosystem is failing and marine mammals are going extinct as are all insects and bees and fundamental blocks, theres shittons of endocrine-disrupting microplastics from the deepest depths to the highest mountain. we're seeing major rise in antibiotic resistant viruses and bacteria due to pouring tons of antibiotics in our food chain to make cow profits higher, major diseases coming back, and potentially crazy super flus and super zikas on poo poo on the horizon as mosquito population is the only thing rising with nothing to eat them. all this while republicans just want to see the world burn to own da browns/libs.

the political system has also completely failed which is now setup radical status quo-ism to ensure nothing ever changes except for the elite, which is not good because poo poo has to change and yet it cannot and will not

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

MadJackal posted:

Re: all of the above.

The world is ending. What should we stockpile to avert scavenging our neighbors' boneyards for basic supplies?

Please put your responses in the format of who you are voting for and why it makes a difference.

i have a nice little stockpile of bottled water and food for hurricane season including some of that powdered shake mix stuff that you just need to add water to to make a slurry that is supposed to be nutritionally balanced even if it'll make you fart a lot because it's basically ground up bean dust.

a loving mouse got into the utility closet where i keep it all and chewed through several water bottles and the powdered food mix packet and tracked that poo poo all over the place, then with the necessities of life taken care of it decided tearing up the carpet and nibbling on the drywall would be a fun thing to mix in along with making GBS threads/pissing all over every drat flat surface.

i'm voting for whoever has the best anti-mouse plan. single issue voter in that regard.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

"dumb as hell" relative to what? Not this guy:

i mean "dumb as hell" has a built in qualifier for comparison; i am as dumb as hell. average the intelligence of hell, and that is how dumb i am.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

PDP-1 posted:

i have a nice little stockpile of bottled water and food for hurricane season including some of that powdered shake mix stuff that you just need to add water to to make a slurry that is supposed to be nutritionally balanced even if it'll make you fart a lot because it's basically ground up bean dust.

a loving mouse got into the utility closet where i keep it all and chewed through several water bottles and the powdered food mix packet and tracked that poo poo all over the place, then with the necessities of life taken care of it decided tearing up the carpet and nibbling on the drywall would be a fun thing to mix in along with making GBS threads/pissing all over every drat flat surface.

i'm voting for whoever has the best anti-mouse plan. single issue voter in that regard.

catte

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably the candidate with the best mouser plan is Marianne, since as a witchy woman she will naturally attract cats

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

ya. it's also not like we have time to do ~incrementalism~ that someday we will have gay space communism just gotta let the racists corpofacists control for a little awhile longer but it's ok because.....

also while they were causing it, they weren't subject to catastrophic global societal and ecosystem collapse real-time and in the very near future with no end in sight to slow the problem.

top-soil takes thousands of years to develop and is all going away due to lovely industrial mono-cultural corn/soy/etc agriculture, our aquifers, which could have last human-use for many hundreds of years, will be completely depleted in in several decades, the entire aquatic ecosystem is failing and marine mammals are going extinct as are all insects and bees and fundamental blocks, theres shittons of endocrine-disrupting microplastics from the deepest depths to the highest mountain. we're seeing major rise in antibiotic resistant viruses and bacteria due to pouring tons of antibiotics in our food chain to make cow profits higher, major diseases coming back, and potentially crazy super flus and super zikas on poo poo on the horizon as mosquito population is the only thing rising with nothing to eat them. all this while republicans just want to see the world burn to own da browns/libs.

the political system has also completely failed which is now setup radical status quo-ism to ensure nothing ever changes except for the elite, which is not good because poo poo has to change and yet it cannot and will not

what i'm trying to say is that

if you took this post, removed some anachronisms

and placed it in the context of 1974

it would still make sense

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If given the title of IK i promise to hound my enemies to the ends of the world and to the limits of inner space

there will be no fairness only bile and the most petty revenge

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

If given the title of IK i promise to hound my enemies to the ends of the world and to the limits of inner space

you were given fair warning not to post horny in the debate thread :o:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Addamere posted:

you were given fair warning not to post horny in the debate thread :o:

Late night elhorny emission

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/GAtDSy3.mp4

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shageletic posted:

Probations for some.... miniature american flags for others!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

tep

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

make America gabagool again

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*fart-squint*

giii jooooeeeeeee

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

help I’m being shadowbanned by my constituents

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

If I were a professor of bad man school I would give trump an A.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Microplastic beads kinda freak me out since plastic becomes more toxic the smaller the pieces are but it doesn't break down all that fast so big pieces arent that toxic, but when you purposefully put millions/billions of already tiny pieces of plastic in stuff like toothpaste and makeup who fuckin knows

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Microplastic beads kinda freak me out since plastic becomes more toxic the smaller the pieces are but it doesn't break down all that fast so big pieces arent that toxic, but when you purposefully put millions/billions of already tiny pieces of plastic in stuff like toothpaste and makeup who fuckin knows

buddy thats the least of ur worries

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

buddy thats the least of ur worries

Im not worried about it for me but that's just a bunch of extra plastic flushed into the ecosystem

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

we're about to enter the worst decade of our lives, lmao

rofl :krad:

Addamere posted:

It is incumbent upon Nichael to use his newfound powers for good: Nichael, you must now abolish Delaware.
working on it

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
mr president sir please pull your pants up, these actions are HIGHLY unusual and beneath the office,and

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

we're about to enter the worst decade of our lives, lmao

and hopefully the last!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
tiufnp!

https://i.imgur.com/803LSU5.mp4

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

staticman posted:

Probably to NTC, but keeping updated to see if they go to ports.

E:
https://twitter.com/MikeyNog/status/1157165275181006848

The Marines have a logistics base (thousands of vehicles) in the desert east of Barstow.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

beto sex cramp posted:

sometimes there's really big trees that i think partially fall over and then get cut down by the city and then left by the road for a while

like huge fuckers, with clean cuts

i want that wood

https://twitter.com/Madonna/status/786105573364359168

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i decided to try cooking up some veggie burgers and drat these are pretty decent and like way less calories this owns

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest

"not spying on U.S. citizens, just an increasing expansive engineering test to spy on foreign citizens" is a clever loophole, but seeing through that is what judges are for

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

cumshitter posted:

i decided to try cooking up some veggie burgers and drat these are pretty decent and like way less calories this owns

BS, but I luv me a veggie burger. I just don't believe it's lower calories.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I just learned that Madonna is 60

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

BS, but I luv me a veggie burger. I just don't believe it's lower calories.

i only compared it to some frozen turkey patties i was getting but a Boca burger was 100 vs. 250 calories and theres no way beef is less than turkey

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

resting mnuchin face

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
at first glance i thought loomer was being dragged away from an event by the two dudes in front of her. shes got resting-resisting-arrest face'

oh wait she is lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A veggie patty is most definitely lower calories than a beef patty if only because it's much lower fat but higher carbs (like 6 compared to 0)

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
its been a minute since i

TRRRRRRWURMEPR

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

in a timeline without everything else (water shortage and water wars, all aquifers gone, top soil gone, all insects gone, climate change) yeah it'd probably be a pretty big environmentally diasterous deal, but it's mostly just a lol how quaint footnote.

anyways it's more important around fetal developmenent and very early childhood development with brain chemistry and hormonal fuckups, and inferility n hosed up who knows what, and more likely to influence earlier-induced cancer. but exposure like teen+ is probably fine and as an adult a probably negligible effect.

but i'm just spitballing from what we know of similar endocrine disrupters. who knows, no ones actually studying or cares lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Heath posted:

I just learned that Madonna is 60

Gwen Stefani turns 50 in October.

Money buys youth :shrug: