Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What are we brexiting for if not taking back control of are borders? Nobody gets out alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
+1 vote for IDLES for soundtracking for the podcast because as has been discussed in previous threads, if any band was this thread, IDLES are this thread

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Polls are all over the shop and this might just be as representative as a Yougov poll so don't get your hopes up.

Having said that, lol Johnson lasted a week before it all went to poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do I get to say I called it given the doom and gloom about the thousand year boris reich last week?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Fill your boots mate :v:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The only poll I trust is your dads

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

so what's the purpose of the pie's butthole

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno what's the purpose of your butthole? What is the purpose of any butthole? What is purpose? Should a butthole have a purpose or perhaps can it not simply be? Does a purpose not needlessly constraint the nature of the butthole? Embrace butthole anarchy imho.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

+1 vote for IDLES for soundtracking for the podcast because as has been discussed in previous threads, if any band was this thread, IDLES are this thread

Nah. As much as I like IDLES. This thread is more like Future of the Left. More than a little caustic, a little self referencing, a little too self loathing, hard to listen too, with vicious uncomproming and positively unfriendly lyrics.

Whichever forum is like IDLES is the one that come after us, copying the style to be more accessible, but not quite getting the sum total of hatred in the heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLoyj9EII2U

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dabir posted:

Makes it easier to get the cream in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

What is the purpose of any butthole?

We've fully established in these threads that it's for Brexit beans

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Rarity posted:

We've fully established in these threads that it's for Brexit beans

Ahem, Brexit Beans go up the Backside

:colbert:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
A guardian/observer column that isn't concentrated dogshit? How did the editor let that happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/03/jeremy-corbyn-brexit-remain-boris-johnson-election-victory

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OwlFancier posted:

https://libertarianism.fandom.com/wiki/Dispute_resolution_organization

I'm literally not even kidding, you might call it an army for hire, we call it a DRO.

The concept is that instead of having a "state" with "laws" you instead have a variety of DROs you can "subscribe" to which offer any variety of laws you like, and if you and another guy's DRO disagree on whether you did something wrong when you seized his land, they go and settle it via a form of arbitration that is amenable to both organizations, which definitely won't be a shooting match.

the Libertarian Thread had an ongoing joke (?) about Valhalla DRO, aka literally a Viking warband

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dabir posted:

Ratjaculation posted:

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I once had the odd fortune of passing #EUSupergirl on an escalator in St Pancras station. Told her to keep up the good work (shut up this was pre-GE 2017 and we were all losing our minds). Feel somewhat responsible for this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vlex posted:

I once had the odd fortune of passing #EUSupergirl on an escalator in St Pancras station. Told her to keep up the good work (shut up this was pre-GE 2017 and we were all losing our minds). Feel somewhat responsible for this.

Wait, she's been doing this for that long? I figured this was just a recent thing, ew

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

Do I get to say I called it given the doom and gloom about the thousand year boris reich last week?

A lot of my work colleagues are pretty Tory-leaning and THEY'VE all been: "wtf, why is this loving clown our PM now?!?"

The Boris Bounce is happening entirely in the heads of newspaper editors.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Pistol_Pete posted:

A lot of my work colleagues are pretty Tory-leaning and THEY'VE all been: "wtf, why is this loving clown our PM now?!?"

My boss has a gigantic authoritarian streak and it's hilarious seeing the conflict between his desire to worship Boris for being ~the prime minister~ and his distaste for most of his actual policies

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

StarkingBarfish posted:

A guardian/observer column that isn't concentrated dogshit? How did the editor let that happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/03/jeremy-corbyn-brexit-remain-boris-johnson-election-victory

He's the Deputy Opinion Editor, so maybe his boss is on holiday?

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Has anyone seen the galaxy-brained take on how Sinn Fein should give up their Westminster seats as part of a complex sequence of electoral steps to stop no-deal Brexit? Essentially, Sinn Fein step down -> all pro-Remain parties endorse a particular, popular, non-party candidate in the by-election -> those candidates take Westminster seats because they're not beholden to SF abstention policy -> ??? -> No Brexit!
Because calling for votes when you are certain the result will be what you want has worked so well in recent years.

Another highlight is the "short-term unity government" under "a less contentious figure [i.e. not Corbyn] such as Keir Starmer or Caroline Lucas."

I usually like reading Fintan O'Toole because his pieces usually just say "Here is another way in which the Brits are at it again" in flowery language, but I suppose Boris has broken him.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Saw them at Kendal Calling and it was a great loving time.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ratjaculation posted:

What, a poll of all of our dads?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Desiderata posted:

Nah. As much as I like IDLES. This thread is more like Future of the Left. More than a little caustic, a little self referencing, a little too self loathing, hard to listen too, with vicious uncomproming and positively unfriendly lyrics.

Whichever forum is like IDLES is the one that come after us, copying the style to be more accessible, but not quite getting the sum total of hatred in the heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLoyj9EII2U

Is gently caress The Countryside Alliance too on the nose?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Petitioning that Slaves be the official UKMT band.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I wish to put forward Alestorm as a consideration for the position.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Pistol_Pete posted:

p sure those fuckers will still vote Tory before they vote Labour tho

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Captain Fargle posted:

I wish to put forward Alestorm as a consideration for the position.

Motion veto'd, Alestorm are the worst crime in the history of Scottish metal.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Motion veto'd, Alestorm are the worst crime in the history of Scottish metal.

And yet they're entirely more on brand for this thread with "gently caress you! With a loving anchor! You're all cunts so gently caress you all!" than anyone else put forward.

I challenge anyone to find a better intro stinger for a UKMT podcast than that.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

"I want [criminals] to literally feel terror at the thought of committing offences”
- new home secretary Priti Patel, or Judge Dredd

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/chrismiller_uk/status/1157548819602653184?s=20

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Captain Fargle posted:

I challenge anyone to find a better intro stinger for a UKMT podcast than that.
Kelis, miwkshake

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Much appreciated.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So I have a £25ish headset I use for games, how good is that likely to be? Still open to getting a new mic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1157582351804882944?s=20

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
has anyone said i’ll make the wiki yet

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

Agree with this, I work with a lot of Tories and they are appalled by Boris being PM. They'll probably vote Tory anyway because that's what they do, but I don't believe he's popular outside the lunatic fringe that is actual Tory members.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Anyone on the anti-Tommy march in London today? Turn out looks smaller than the anti-DFLA march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

peanut- posted:

Agree with this, I work with a lot of Tories and they are appalled by Boris being PM. They'll probably vote Tory anyway because that's what they do, but I don't believe he's popular outside the lunatic fringe that is actual Tory members.

everyone said this about trump in the primary lol