Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

get that OUT of my face posted:

Do you actually though? Startropics 2 isn't terrible but it's a far cry from the original. Earthbound Beginnings is one of the best RPGs on the NES, which is a pretty damning indictment of that genre on that console.

ST2 is like an improvement in every way. They got rid of the weird movement system, the graphics and animation are far better, and the world is also a lot more interesting than just exploring islands and caves like in the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Why haven't we seen another Tactics Ogre game? I'm super into Three Houses but its got me thinking a lot about Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (which shares the branching narrative, and ability to rewind turns). Bring Tactics Ogre to the Switch. And you know what, I've seen and heard a heap of Persona comparisons, but I feel like Trail of Cold Steel's academy is a better comparison to the monastery and calendar. Bring Legend of Heroes to the Switch.

Bring all games to the Switch.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

E2M2 posted:

I wonder if Lites are gonna be able to be hacked to dock down the line.

They will and nintendo will follow them up with a newer model until the next big thing. History is a moebius strip.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So I'm waiting for the revised Switch to come out and I already picked out my sd card and case but was wondering which gamepad to get. Should I get one of the 8bitdo pads or the Pro controller? I heard some people say the dpad on the Pro sucks? Does the stick on that also get drift? The sn30 pro usb is way cheaper though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hocus Pocus posted:

Bring me your flash games, your shovelware, your aging ports yearning to be replayed. The wretched refuse of your free unity trial.

Send these, the demos, un-greenlit, to me. I lift my lamp beside the eshop pile.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 3, 2019

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Len posted:

Gonna be funny if it ends up hackable and this thread ends up with people posting "I hacked my switch lite and connected it to a tv and now it's melted what do I do?"

The Switch uses a custom chip for outputting to HDMI via USB-C, I doubt they would bother to include it on the Lite.

Social Animal posted:

So I'm waiting for the revised Switch to come out and I already picked out my sd card and case but was wondering which gamepad to get. Should I get one of the 8bitdo pads or the Pro controller? I heard some people say the dpad on the Pro sucks? Does the stick on that also get drift? The sn30 pro usb is way cheaper though.

Personally I like the pro controller, it's expensive but I like the long battery life(hear that Sony?!?) and the ability to wake the Switch with the home button, but I don't play many games that make extensive use of the D-pad, so depending on what you play the 8bitdo pad might be better. As far as I know drift is a joycon only thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Social Animal posted:

Apparently they're already out in Australia at JB Hi-Fi.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont think the text is too small. But that's usually something that complaints can get patched in.

the text in dqb2 is also crazy small and I think its maybe just some long running problem with games using a font designed for primarily displaying japanese characters???

or if not that, not changing text box sizes and limiting the replacement to being cramped

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hocus Pocus posted:

Why haven't we seen another Tactics Ogre game? I'm super into Three Houses but its got me thinking a lot about Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (which shares the branching narrative, and ability to rewind turns). Bring Tactics Ogre to the Switch. And you know what, I've seen and heard a heap of Persona comparisons, but I feel like Trail of Cold Steel's academy is a better comparison to the monastery and calendar. Bring Legend of Heroes to the Switch.

Man the PSP game was fantastic. It could be very dense though, if you’re a fan of tactics RPGs that stuff makes sense but it’s a lot more beginner friendly to just have “this guy touches this guy now he does damage”

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Social Animal posted:

the pro controller d pad design fundamentally stinks

but if you maybe can find a sale on it, it's great otherwise.

i'm still super tempted to get one of the 8bitdo things for the games where a d-pad is the best controls

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also out in Hong Kong and I think Taiwan as well.

https://twitter.com/chinesenintendo/status/1156113252318732288

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I'm confused and its more fun to post than just google answers:

is the battery bigger or is this a new hardware chip revision updated to a better semi process?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

is the battery bigger or is this a new hardware chip revision updated to a better semi process?
The latter.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
How is Moonlighter? It seems like a good game to play in short bursts.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Thanks for the replies I think I'll go with the 8bitdo usb pad just in case I want a decent dpad. Plus I need something for my PC and that should work alright as well.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

The Kins posted:

The latter.

nice. that was my hope.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bulgakov posted:

The Switch is 40% battery at this point, any bigger and we'd be looking at a Atari Lynx+ format.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

i played thru ogre battle 64 on my wii u, what a good system that was...

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Healbot posted:

The Switch is 40% battery at this point, any bigger and we'd be looking at a Atari Lynx+ format.

so a Nintendo Good Games Gear :getin:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If you're not in Australia and order from JB Hi Fi, email them and ask them to remove the GST charges from your order.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Switch is built for tactics games.

Bring them all!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Tactics Ogre team works on FF14, that's why

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tae posted:

I started FF14 a couple of months ago and I see why everyone says it’s the only good FF game In a long time

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It took nuking the world for it it get better.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

It took nuking the world for it it get better.

Same could be said about real life.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hocus Pocus posted:

That and FFT: WotL would be fantastic.

Bring all games to Switch... but those two in particular.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Social Animal posted:

Call your local game store because they’re shuffling in randomly and without fanfare

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

K8.0 posted:

I'm gonna tell you right now, 99% of switch users don't want to read any of that crap. Nintendo vomits unimaginable amounts of garbage at you, which trains you to completely ignore everything they say.

Also if you have ever visited the JP eshop, your news feed will be all in Japanese, which, as mentioned, has trained me to completely ignore it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also if you have ever visited the JP eshop, your news feed will be all in Japanese, which, as mentioned, has trained me to completely ignore it

Yeah I have a JP eShop account and the amount of news in that language in my feed is like a 3:1 ratio against English news so I ignore it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

boo

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I bought a new model regular Switch for the increased battery life. Is there a way to copy the downloaded games from one to the other? I already transferred save files but my internet connection is quite slow so re-downloading the games themselves would take forever and I would like to play something tomorrow.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do you not read them all to catch up on eShop releases anyway? Just a quick swipe over thumbnails lets me know what's usually on sale, when free Splatoon 2 items drop, or when, say, a new SEGA AGES game is coming.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

the ability to wake the Switch with the home button

This right here makes the Pro Controller the top choice if you're talking just Switch-compliant gear. It sounds like a small thing, but then you end up using it 99% of the time it's docked.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
If you use the d-pad a lot for some reason (and you probably won't), just do the fix.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Do you not read them all to catch up on eShop releases anyway? Just a quick swipe over thumbnails lets me know what's usually on sale, when free Splatoon 2 items drop, or when, say, a new SEGA AGES game is coming.

Why would I want to catch up on eshop releases? Almost all of it is garbage

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I just got a deal on the Raise app for a $50 eShop card and paid $36 for it - 8% off baseline and $10 off your first purchase. haven't seen it posted but figured someone might want to know

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This thread does a good enough job letting me know when anything of note pops up on the eShop.

Not that I have time to play those games with all the other awesome games I've still got to play!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Can the world just please shut up with how good three houses is? Every thing i turn on, Twitter whatever has something about how revelatory blah blah is in 3h. I only have one extra voucher, stop pressuring me in to using it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

bushisms.txt posted:

Can the world just please shut up with how good three houses is? Every thing i turn on, Twitter whatever has something about how revelatory blah blah is in 3h. I only have one extra voucher, stop pressuring me in to using it.

Hey everyone, look at this idiot who doesn’t have three houses yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bushisms.txt posted:

Have you heard the good news of the Trinity friend?