Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ughhhh posted:

I see alot of very nice sff cases out now, but they all seem to use a sandwich layout. Is there any case that uses a traditional layout so that the following build can fit?

The reason i am posting here is that i finally finished the upgrades to my sff(ish) case and am very happy with the components. But building it made me realize that the case i have been using is getting long in the tooth and has been hacked, sawed and drilled so many times to fit parts in i dont think it can take anymore. The evga hadron case came with a specialized 500w psu, which after a year started sounding awful. So i ditched that opening up more airflow from the bottom and space for bigger gpus, but in return i needed to dremel out the hdd cage to use as psu cage for the sf600 psu i bought. Now the hdd and ssd are being held on the chassis by copious amounts of double sided tape. I know the wiring is terrible, but there is no place to route the wires so it is what it is.

I really like the size and aesthetics of the Hadron but i cant seem to find a replacement that is similar.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card
Case: EVGA - Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500 W Power Supply
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply )
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.19 CFM 120 mm Fan
Monitor: Dell - S2418NX 24.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Monitor: Pixio - PX275h 27.0" 2560x1440 95 Hz Monitor
Headphones: SteelSeries - Siberia 800 7.1 Channel Headset

Cougar QBX or Kaze? They aren't showing on partpivker so I can't check compatibility but a quick eyeball suggests they might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

NCase M1 v6 preorders are up if anyone is interested.
https://www.sfflab.com/products/ncase_m1?variant=32790226953

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'm looking for a small windows PC to plug into my TV so I can play games from steam on my couch without doing the streaming thing. I play a lot of indie games so having a super beefy PC is overkill. I also want to be able to use chrome with a wireless keyboard/trackpad.

Intel NUC has some gaming devices but I feel those are designed to completely replace my PC which I'm not looking to do. I'll always play the AAA games on my PC. Are there better options out there? A less beefy Intel NUC maybe?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
If you don't want to do streaming, you'll always need a pretty beefy PC - which means something way more powerful than a NUC. Even most indie games are going to be too demanding for most NUC models.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

What games in particular?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I have an i7 NUC with a 1080 Ti in an eGPU and it does just fine for me at 1440P at 21:9 over 100 FPS in Warframe at max details.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Like he said, what games?

Anything demanding is going to need a local GPU if you don't want to stream from your main PC.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

If you have your main pc on you could do a steam link to stream from main pc to tv.

Then you can look at intel compute sticks > intel nucs > gigabyte brix in that order for small form factor computers.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

necrobobsledder posted:

I have an i7 NUC with a 1080 Ti in an eGPU and it does just fine for me at 1440P at 21:9 over 100 FPS in Warframe at max details.

The comparatively slow CPU in a NUC is always going to be pretty limiting with an eGPU and Thunderbolt limits performance in general, but probably not so much for 1080p60 usage.

Building a SFF system or buying something like a Zotac Magnus often is more sensible, especially with the price of eGPU enclosures.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 26, 2019

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I really want to like the prebuilt mini systems but they obviously have their drawbacks mainly cost and upgrade ability. That said the Corsair One looks awesome and Corsair seems to be good about rolling out systems with new parts relatively soon after their launch.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Gigabyte X570-i Aorus pro vs Asus Strix X570-I Gaming?

Watercooled in a Nano S for reference.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I hadn't seen the ASUS rolled out yet. It was my go to, but after looking a bit harder, I think the gigabyte wins out. Buildzoid seemed to prefer the VRM of the gigabyte if that matters to you.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

What games in particular?

Enter the Gungeon
Nowhere Prophet
Slay the Spire
Caves of Qud
Dungreed
Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Terraria
Nidhogg
Spelunky
Jackbox Party Packs
Rocksmith

And any other quirky indie games I might come across that are good for the couch and controller.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nhd-15s in itx: off my bucket list.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

CopperHound posted:

Did somebody take a look at the fractal node and decide that it was too good?

I have a Fractal Node and it looks fine :colbert:

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 27, 2019

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

That's a brilliant sleeper build idea...

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
This may belong in the GPU thread, but what would be the next logical GPU upgrade for my "TV gaming PC"?
    Motherboard: MSI B450I Plus Gaming AC
    CPU: Ryzen R5 2600X (stock Wraith Spire cooler)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 (2x 8GB kit)
    GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 (4GB version)
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 650W
    Drive: Sabrent 1TB NVMe (generic Phison E12 drive - good performer)
    Case: NZXT H200i (the red trim version)
    Display: My LG 49SJ800V 4K Smart TV
I'm booting Windows at 4K and running Steam games at 1080p because I'm not willing to spend a significant amount of money on putting together a system that will play games at 4K but will generate a lot of noise and heat. I actually bought the RX570 when I could have afforded an RX580 because I understand that you take up to a 10% performance hit over the RX580 but it's still a decent mid-tier card that will run well without getting as hot. The angle I'm coming from here is that I want a capable system that's air-cooled, but I want to keep GPU noise to a minimum. The LG 49SJ800V TV was notable at the time I bought it (about a year ago?) for having a decent refresh rate for gaming and being an all-rounder good compromise for a dual purpose TV/gaming display.

I bought a Ryzen R5 3600X this week. I'm collecting it in a few hours and then I'm gonna flip the 2600X on eBay. The BIOS is updated to support Zen2 and I'm looking forward to the newer features of Zen2 while the upgrade path is only gonna cost me roughly £100. The 3600X should do me for a good while because when I'm currently gaming on the 2600X it can easily handle the games I'm playing at 1080p easily. Sometimes it's only running at 30% load with a game going..

I'm happy enough with the RX570. I can play a lot stuff like Rise Of The Tomb Raider, Doom, Witcher 3, PUBG, GTAV on high setting with a few things turned down but the general experience is very good for couch-potato gaming on slightly older titles.

So, the system is powerful and quiet with the exception of the graphics card. It's not that the Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ is a loud card. It isn't. But you do hear it and I know that it's the main bottleneck here.

What would be a natural upgrade? I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2 if it ever gets released and I would like to either cut down GPU fan noise even further at 1080p or have the equivalent fan noise with most of the post-processing enabled. I still want to maintain a nice cool case temp at the same time. It's just a balance, really: getting an ITX running reasonably cool whilst still delivering a stunning looking picture.

I'm thinking along the lines of a 1660ti. Would that use less power and is there a certain model that runs quiet whilst hitting good performance figures? Maybe a triple-fan model of the 1660ti that's runs quietly?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

1660ti would be a nice upgrade.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
If it's a noise thing, you can waste some money and clamp a water cooler on a graphics card and be very quiet.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

If you've switched it to a positive-pressure configuration, you might want to consider switching back to stock negative-pressure. GPU thermals are better and that should let you slow down the fans a bit.

You also might consider switching to an sfx psu to give the gpu more breathing room, but I'm not sure if the airflow improvement would be enough to counterbalance the extra psu noise. It'd be an expensive experiment so I probably wouldn't do it unless someone with experience weighs in one way or the other.

LRADIKAL posted:

If it's a noise thing, you can waste some money and clamp a water cooler on a graphics card and be very quiet.

The H200 only supports 120mm radiators - would that still be quieter than a double/triple fan card?

Stickman fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 3, 2019

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The TU150 has finally appeared on Lian Li's website but still no official release date that I can find.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Stickman posted:

The H200 only supports 120mm radiators - would that still be quieter than a double/triple fan card?

It supports a 240 in the front, and some 280s.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I don't wanna go down the water cooling route. I've still have a Kraken G12 (back before I sold my 1080ti on eBay) and it was great for keeping the die temp low: much better than air. What I did notice is that the rest of the PCB gets roasting hot. I had a Noctua 80mm fan on the Kraken ( still do, in a cupboard ) to help cool the PCB but I like the idea of keeping things simple.

I could either go out and get something that I know is gonna be hella warm and then mitigate that with my Kraken or just make a good choice on the GPU and be done with it and keep the system relatively simple. My heart is on the simple method at the moment, because I'm sitting 8 feet away from the 49 inch TV with an XBone controller in my hand (and keyboard and mouse on the coffee table so that I can lurch forward for greater accuracy when I get into a firefight).

So, because of the casual way I game I don't think I need all of my graphics settings to be maxxed. How does a plain 1660 compare to a 1660ti? I'm very intrigued by that model. It'll be a good year or two before I start thinking about gaming anything higher than 1080p, so I can imagine that something like a 1660/1160ti would be able to push 1080p easily and not produce much fan noise? I have the money to buy the titanium but I have no qualms about buying the non-titanuim version, if it means I can run games at 10pm on a Sunday night with the volume nice and low because the card is coping so well.

I live on the middle floor in a terraced house that's been converted into a small block of five flats and everyone in the adjoining/downstairs flats are respectful of each other's space, including the married couple who rent out the entire roof space, which has been converted into one large flat.

Between the 6 of us that live here (4 single flats and the couple living at the top), you get people with music on during the daytime and the 25 year-old guy below me games, because I've heard the explosions and gunfire of an FPS plenty times. But everyone knows that, after around 8pm, to turn any noisy stuff down. They're a respectful bunch and it's a chilled out apartment block to live in.

^I rambled and digress a bit, but you can see why it would be cool to have a card which barely makes any noise, so that I can turn my Logitech speakers right down and game until the early hours if I want to.

apropos man fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 3, 2019

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

This is it. This is the case to replace my broken down evga hadron.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It supports a 240 in the front, and some 280s.

Whoops, that's what 2x120mm means :cripes:

apropos man posted:

Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I don't wanna go down the water cooling route. I've still have a Kraken G12 (back before I sold my 1080ti on eBay) and it was great for keeping the die temp low: much better than air. What I did notice is that the rest of the PCB gets roasting hot. I had a Noctua 80mm fan on the Kraken ( still do, in a cupboard ) to help cool the PCB but I like the idea of keeping things simple.

I could either go out and get something that I know is gonna be hella warm and then mitigate that with my Kraken or just make a good choice on the GPU and be done with it and keep the system relatively simple. My heart is on the simple method at the moment, because I'm sitting 8 feet away from the 49 inch TV with an XBone controller in my hand (and keyboard and mouse on the coffee table so that I can lurch forward for greater accuracy when I get into a firefight).

So, because of the casual way I game I don't think I need all of my graphics settings to be maxxed. How does a plain 1660 compare to a 1660ti? I'm very intrigued by that model. It'll be a good year or two before I start thinking about gaming anything higher than 1080p, so I can imagine that something like a 1660/1160ti would be able to push 1080p easily and not produce much fan noise? I have the money to buy the titanium but I have no qualms about buying the non-titanuim version, if it means I can run games at 10pm on a Sunday night with the volume nice and low because the card is coping so well.

I live on the middle floor in a terraced house that's been converted into a small block of five flats and everyone in the adjoining/downstairs flats are respectful of each other's space, including the married couple who rent out the entire roof space, which has been converted into one large flat.

Between the 6 of us that live here (4 single flats and the couple living at the top), you get people with music on during the daytime and the 25 year-old guy below me games, because I've heard the explosions and gunfire of an FPS plenty times. But everyone knows that, after around 8pm, to turn any noisy stuff down. They're a respectful bunch and it's a chilled out apartment block to live in.

^I rambled and digress a bit, but you can see why it would be cool to have a card which barely makes any noise, so that I can turn my Logitech speakers right down and game until the early hours if I want to.

Babeltech has a pretty comprehensive benchmark comparing the 1660 to the 1660 Ti across a large number of games on Ultra/Very High settings. Either will get you solid >60fps in most games, and 60fps with some settings turned down the in remaining ones. The 1660 Ti is ~15% more powerful which will correspond to one or two graphics setting notches in the newer games that don't hit a solid 60.

If you're running significantly over 60 fps turning on vsync will reduce the load on the gpu and cpu and thus reduce heat and fan noise. In general, for the same model a 1660 will be a little quieter than a 1660 Ti when running unlimited, but that difference will disappear for games running over 60 fps with vsync enabled because the 1660 Ti will be running at a reduce processor load (basically the same core load as the 1660). I wouldn't worry about noise between the 1660 Ti or 1660 - the dual/triple fan model should be pretty even for most games.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 3, 2019

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

Stickman posted:

Whoops, that's what 2x120mm means :cripes:

Babeltech has a pretty comprehensive benchmark comparing the 1660 to the 1660 Ti across a large number of games on Ultra/Very High settings. Either will get you solid >60fps in most games, and 60fps with some settings turned down the in remaining ones. The 1660 Ti is ~15% more powerful which will correspond to one or two graphics setting notches in the newer games that don't hit a solid 60.

If you're running significantly over 60 fps turning on vsync will reduce the load on the gpu and cpu and thus reduce heat and fan noise. In general, for the same model a 1660 will be a little quieter than a 1660 Ti when running unlimited, but that difference will disappear for games running over 60 fps with vsync enabled because the 1660 Ti will be running at a reduce processor load (basically the same core load as the 1660). I wouldn't worry about noise between the 1660 Ti or 1660 - the dual/triple fan model should be pretty even for most games.

Cool. I think I'll just keep looking on eBay, Amazon and also the /r/buildapcsalesuk reddit. I think I'll end up buying whichever one I see that looks in good condition and price. It's definitely gonna be a 1660 but whether it's TI or not just depends upon where I see a bargain.

I switched the 2600X over to the 3600X this afternoon and, boy, the 2600X was no slouch but the new one just seems to be much snappier at everything. I'm sure I had my RAM configured for 3200MHz CL16, same as it is now but the whole machine just seems to have gone from sweet to sweeter. It may be the extra 16MB of L3 cache and/or it may be controlling the RAM more efficiently. Zen2 is very nice.

Since I had the whole afternoon to mess around, I put the latest BIOS on my MSI B450I Gaming Plus, installed Windows and checked that the activation still worked. It stayed activated due to it being linked to my Outlook account, so no problems there. Then I wiped and installed Ubuntu and when I did the initial full package manager update that I always do when I first install Linux it just tore through the updates. Honestly, I could just tell it was a faster machine just looking at the speed of the text flying up the terminal.

Anyway, I'm gonna reinstall Windows now and leave it downloading my games while I go to bed. I'm thus far impressed and will keep a look out for a 1660/TI.

e: Is there a particularly quiet model of 1660/ti to look out for? A mate that I work with got the Gigabyte Aorus 2080TI a few months back and when I went round to his place I was impressed by how quiet it was when he was benching it. He had a triple fan version, so I'm tempted to look for an Aorus 1660/TI.

apropos man fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 3, 2019

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

ooooooooooooooo

Wary about the price, I don't really care about AL panels/weight so would be fine with a steel frame to save $. But drat that has absolutely everything I would want if I moved back to ITX. Only curious aspect is the specs list 2 2 1/2" drive bays, but in the photo there appears to be a 3 1/2" drive at the top of the case...?

Edit: Looks to just be a typo in the spec sheet. You can indeed have a single 2.5 " SSD + 1 3.5" HD.

Edit2: Oh looked up the price, expected to be $109 US which is less than I thought. I'll wait for reviews (lack of top ventilation has me concerned) but I may jump back into mini ITX with this case.

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 3, 2019

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

apropos man posted:

e: Is there a particularly quiet model of 1660/ti to look out for? A mate that I work with got the Gigabyte Aorus 2080TI a few months back and when I went round to his place I was impressed by how quiet it was when he was benching it. He had a triple fan version, so I'm tempted to look for an Aorus 1660/TI.

The Aorus is a good card, but it's not really quieter enough to justify paying and extra $50 for. I'd just go for the cheapest full-size dual/triple-fan EVGA/MSi/Gigabyte/Asus card with a zero-rpm fan mode. That just rules out the single-fan cards, short dual-fan cards like the EVGA SC Gaming and Asus TUF, and entry-level cards like the Ventus.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

Stickman posted:

The Aorus is a good card, but it's not really quieter enough to justify paying and extra $50 for. I'd just go for the cheapest full-size dual/triple-fan EVGA/MSi/Gigabyte/Asus card with a zero-rpm fan mode. That just rules out the single-fan cards, short dual-fan cards like the EVGA SC Gaming and Asus TUF, and entry-level cards like the Ventus.

Noted. Thank you.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Finished up my Dan A4v4 buys yesterday and ended up with the list below.

Prices are different since PCpartpicker doesn't have info from all shops and it doesn't include the case which I already got a while ago. I'm down around €1100, including a €9 BIOS update so I don't have to look around for an AM4-compatible burner CPU. Still need to get a small, long magnetic screwdriver and see how much of a hassle those cables that come with the SF450 are though. Let's see if I need some custom ones.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€208.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler (€39.95 @ Paradigit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (€125.00 @ Megekko)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€188.90 @ Megekko)
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (€308.95 @ Megekko)
Case: DAN Cases A4-SFXv4 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply (€109.00 @ CD-ROM-LAND)
Total: €980.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-04 00:59 CEST+0200

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The cables of the platinum PSUs are a tad too long but I found them a lot easier to fit than the stiff plastic cables of the non-platinum SF-series PSU I had before. Without an AIO and SATA drives you have plenty of space under the PSU to hide them though.

orcane fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 4, 2019

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

I emailed Lian Li for info and they actually gave me a straight answer, which was a nice surprise. The TU150 should be released in the UK at the "beginning of October" and will be £105, which is a little more than i'd hoped but if it performs well could be a decent purchase.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Turned out to be a super easy and satisfying build with the biggest snag being some protective foil that’s still stuck on the mobo’s wifi receiver. A+++ would SFF again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Koesj posted:

Turned out to be a super easy and satisfying build with the biggest snag being some protective foil that’s still stuck on the mobo’s wifi receiver. A+++ would SFF again.

Yaya congrats!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

How big is the TU150? Looks like it’s around the size of the M1 but wider to fit a 120mm Mount on the back and no way to mount the 240mm rad on the side.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

VulgarandStupid posted:

How big is the TU150? Looks like it’s around the size of the M1 but wider to fit a 120mm Mount on the back and no way to mount the 240mm rad on the side.

375d X 203w X 312h.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I know it's an apples v oranges question, but am I crazy for considering the Sliger SM560 over the Node 202?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
If you don't need or want the Node 202 form factor and don't mind spending $200+ on a case, Sliger SM560/Ncase M1/Ghost S1/etc. are going to perform better liter for liter.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Don't forget about the Dan Case A4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It really depends on how much you value the size of the case. The Dan A4 is around 7 liters and it's basically the smallest volume that reasonably takes "normal" hardware (SFX PSU, mITX mainboard, full length 2-slot GPU). A Louqe Ghost S1 isn't much larger at 8 liters, with top hats you can get it much bigger though. A Node 202 has size restrictions for GPU and coolers that are closer to a Dan A4, but it's bigger (11 liters) but also much cheaper and uses a "desktop" form factor.

The other "common" SFF cases are much bigger (Ncase M1 is almost 13 liters, almost twice the Dan's volume) which makes a huge difference because many GPUs today are 2.5- or even 3-slot designs (so you can get cooler/quieter ones if your case doesn't have a 2-slot limit), and having room for 120 or 240 mm radiators or 100+ mm tower coolers is a huge game changer compared to the about 50 mm clearance in the Dan A4 or Node 202.