Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So I have a friend who works for a large electric supply company in the orlando area who has known about this park for the past couple months and is about to start bidding on it. He says 007 land and most likely a lord of the rings land as well as the pretty much known Mario and Quidditch world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be so there for 007 land and LOtR land but if you look in that concept you can see Fantastic Beasts, How to train your dragons, classic monsters land and Nintendo land.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if they bring back or rejuvenate dueling dragons for the how to train your dragons land then drat!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hollywood Studios GE Walkthrough if you're into that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--Rwe2aKyA

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

WDW won't' get Paint the Night, or any variant of it. Logistically it's a pain to send the whole thing over here, and some of the floats are actually too heavy for the bridge from Liberty Square to Main Street (which had already been reinforced for Festival of Fantasy, so they don't want to do that again)

There was talk that a new exclusive night parade (probably taking inspiration from Spectro like PTN took from MSEP) for the 50th here, but it sounds like that's basically dead in the water, thanks to the popularity of Happily Ever After, and how much of a pain it would be to clear the streets after that show for a night parade.

Why would it be a pain to clear the streets after HEA? The parades have always gone before the fireworks.

I miss the night parades :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also that $15 a hour announcement by Universal seemed pretty massive and is being oddly ignored.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
007 land? Please tell me I get to go do a FPS ride because that would be insane.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Slappers only!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Anya posted:

007 land? Please tell me I get to go do a FPS ride because that would be insane.

Isn’t an FPS ride just Astro-Blasters/MIB Alien Attack/Battle for Metropolis?

Honestly, a car chase ride feel good. The Backlot Stunt Coaster At Kings Island/Dominion feels like a demo of what you can do with a relatively small budget.

What else is super classic 007? Promiscuity, but I’m not sure how to translate that into a ride.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If there’s a 007 land I’m going to be so obnoxious.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Odd question, since of course there is, but do the Disney parks sell merchandise of specifically the new Mickey Mouse shorts? Obviously there's merch everywhere of Mickey, but my partner and I really love that series and can't recall seeing any merch of it in the parks on our last few trips.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If not now then when Runaway Train opens they will. Hopefully.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Nanigans posted:

Odd question, since of course there is, but do the Disney parks sell merchandise of specifically the new Mickey Mouse shorts? Obviously there's merch everywhere of Mickey, but my partner and I really love that series and can't recall seeing any merch of it in the parks on our last few trips.

Check that Co-op shop in Disney Springs. It seems like they "test" some designs there before mass producing them. That said, I don't think I've seen much merch featuring the new shorts style.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

mattfl posted:

So I have a friend who works for a large electric supply company in the orlando area who has known about this park for the past couple months and is about to start bidding on it. He says 007 land and most likely a lord of the rings land as well as the pretty much known Mario and Quidditch world cup.

“007” sounds like the code name for a land IMO

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

couldcareless posted:

Check that Co-op shop in Disney Springs. It seems like they "test" some designs there before mass producing them. That said, I don't think I've seen much merch featuring the new shorts style.

Haha, that’s one of our favorite stores.

I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks!

And yeah, we cannot wait for Runaway Railway!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Boxman posted:

Isn’t an FPS ride just Astro-Blasters/MIB Alien Attack/Battle for Metropolis?

Honestly, a car chase ride feel good. The Backlot Stunt Coaster At Kings Island/Dominion feels like a demo of what you can do with a relatively small budget.

What else is super classic 007? Promiscuity, but I’m not sure how to translate that into a ride.

I want “real” guns, explosions, crazy weapons, disapproving Q, and a sexy someone at the end with inappropriate punny name please. And then Dame Judy Dench to yell at me because I hosed up something expensive or made a foreign government upset.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm kind of amazed at the excitement about 007 in this thread but I just looked at the box office. Skyfall made over a billion dollars worldwide and Spectre made $879MM. That's pretty good I guess. I'm not against an expensive theme park land about any IP at all, bring it on. I just didn't realize people were still excited about Bond.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Dren posted:

I'm kind of amazed at the excitement about 007 in this thread but I just looked at the box office. Skyfall made over a billion dollars worldwide and Spectre made $879MM. That's pretty good I guess. I'm not against an expensive theme park land about any IP at all, bring it on. I just didn't realize people were still excited about Bond.

I just can’t imagine many rides that won’t be more of Universals famous screens.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm currently looking at prices for Universal tickets and a pair of 2 day park to park tickets is hideously expensive. Is it possible to just add park hopper on to a 2 day 1 park per day ticket on the second day? IoA really isn't worth a full day's ticket on it's own when all we'd really want to do there is Harry Potter stuff, Spiderman and Hulk.

If so, how much is that likely to cost?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Icedude posted:

I'm currently looking at prices for Universal tickets and a pair of 2 day park to park tickets is hideously expensive.
That was my reaction. It’s an insane amount of money. I’m glad I went but I got to do everything I wanted and I wouldn’t do it again.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Icedude posted:

I'm currently looking at prices for Universal tickets and a pair of 2 day park to park tickets is hideously expensive. Is it possible to just add park hopper on to a 2 day 1 park per day ticket on the second day? IoA really isn't worth a full day's ticket on it's own when all we'd really want to do there is Harry Potter stuff, Spiderman and Hulk.

Yeah they frontload the cost hard. We looked at doing a day at universal during a disney trip and got some sticker shock.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
By comparison, Universal Osaka was something like ¥7000 for a one-day adult pass. The Express Pass that I bought, which was valid for a single use on each of seven different pre-selected rides, was ¥22000 (so nearly $30 per use, assuming you actually want to do all seven rides—and that was the best deal I saw). So entry is a lot cheaper, but the Express Pass is a lot worse.

I would be interested in hearing what fraction of income at both sites comes from regular tickets, Express Passes, and in-park stuff like food and shopping.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Grundulum posted:

I would be interested in hearing what fraction of income at both sites comes from regular tickets, Express Passes, and in-park stuff like food and shopping.

I'd love more insights into the finances of these places. It's obviously a different model of park in a number of ways, but Six Flags is very aggressive in giving away the gate. Timed right, season passes can be had for about $5 more than a normal one day entry, and a cost of less than 2 full price admissions is, I think, standard.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

Icedude posted:

If I remember correctly no. A day Park2Park and a 1 day single park could be your best option. However, their tickets are date based, and that method can potentially make it more, since you’re buying two separate days as opposed to combining and getting some discount. I’d just bite the bullet and buy the 2 day P2P.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Just keep in mind you have to have the park to park ticket if you want to ride Hogwarts Express.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Anya posted:

If I remember correctly no. A day Park2Park and a 1 day single park could be your best option. However, their tickets are date based, and that method can potentially make it more, since you’re buying two separate days as opposed to combining and getting some discount. I’d just bite the bullet and buy the 2 day P2P.

Yeah, I looked at buying two one-day tickets with park to park on the second day, but that was more expensive than just getting 2 day park to park.

I think we've just ruled out doing IoA this trip really

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Braksgirl posted:

Just keep in mind you have to have the park to park ticket if you want to ride Hogwarts Express.

That was part of the appeal for me when getting the park hopper pass— and don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it— but you can literally get the same experience from watching a YouTube video.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody with access to that stuff know when DL is officially switching Ogas and Savis reservations to 60 days from 14 days? I keep getting paranoid about it.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Hazo posted:

That was part of the appeal for me when getting the park hopper pass— and don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it— but you can literally get the same experience from watching a YouTube video.

Not if you get stuck on it!
Fun fact: when the hogwarts express goes down, so does the air conditioning in tbe cabins!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This just makes me hate that dumb "ride" even more.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Tim Whatley posted:

Anybody with access to that stuff know when DL is officially switching Ogas and Savis reservations to 60 days from 14 days? I keep getting paranoid about it.

I'm pretty sure they already changed it. I've been trying to make reservations for my trip at the end of Sept and it's booked up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

No I just don't think it's open yet. You can go into next week and there's plenty of times for both, and it still says 14 days on each page.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
edit: I'm stupid. I forgot Savis' is the saber shop.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 4, 2019

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well Universal is pretty disappointing, if they've changed anything in the last two years besides hiking prices, closing Terminator 3D, and getting even more petty about "loose articles" on rides, I couldn't see it.

On the bright side though, currently sat in Satu'li Canteen, and I'm first to admit I'm a really picky eater but this is really really good.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dren posted:

Why would it be a pain to clear the streets after HEA? The parades have always gone before the fireworks.

I miss the night parades :(

Most nights, it would run twice, once before the fireworks, and once after. Now on either end it would bump into crowds for HEA, which is still insanely popular two years after it's debut.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Icedude posted:

Well Universal is pretty disappointing, if they've changed anything in the last two years besides hiking prices, closing Terminator 3D, and getting even more petty about "loose articles" on rides, I couldn't see it.

On the bright side though, currently sat in Satu'li Canteen, and I'm first to admit I'm a really picky eater but this is really really good.

Satuli is my favorite quick service of all now. It's just so different and good. When you get tired of theme park food it's a great change of pace.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Satuli was my favorite place when I went. Super tasty and cheaper than most places.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Most nights, it would run twice, once before the fireworks, and once after. Now on either end it would bump into crowds for HEA, which is still insanely popular two years after it's debut.

googling “how to run a smear campaign against a theme park night spectacular” rn

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I hope the Illuminations replacement is half as good as HEA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

I hope the Illuminations replacement is half as good as HEA.

What is HEA?