Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like forum snobbery was always dumb even before I'm pretty sure these days there's at least 80% poster overlap anywhere, I don't get how people become territorial about the two most vague and general purpose subforums on here

You see a PYF poster has the white side on the left. A GBS poster has the white side on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

corn in the bible posted:

Did you enjoy seeing Kaiden Alenko get killed by Neelix

God did I ever. gently caress that sweaty glistening headache havin rear end bitch

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Also Big Bang theory is stupid but every autistic person I know likes Sheldon. Seems vaguely offensive but whatever

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its funny because sheldon has all of the behavioural traits of autism, a condition which is diagnosed based on behavioural traits (because we still have no loving idea what causes it)

but you see its ok because sheldon is not autistic, so its ok to mock his clear distress and lack of understanding

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Also Big Bang theory is stupid but every autistic person I know likes Sheldon. Seems vaguely offensive but whatever

He's about as close to the autism stereotypes as you can get without outright stating it, I'm sure they love having a character who is unconditionally loved by his close group of friends despite being essentially a walking pop-culture-reference dispenser.

For a good depiction of high-functioning autism, the character of Dean from Claws gets my vote. Bonus because that show is just gleefully bonkers in every way.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

its funny because sheldon has all of the behavioural traits of autism, a condition which is diagnosed based on behavioural traits (because we still have no loving idea what causes it)

but you see its ok because sheldon is not autistic, so its ok to mock his clear distress and lack of understanding

Can we like not discuss this poo poo in the star trek thread, we already have a thread for this.

Alternate universe where wesley glues a dildo to the chair and riker does the riker manoeuvre and doesn't realise until it's too late

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

alexandriao posted:

Can we like not discuss this poo poo in the star trek thread, we already have a thread for this.
we do?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

alexandriao posted:

Alternate universe where wesley glues a dildo to the chair and riker does the riker manoeuvre and doesn't realise until it's too late

"doesn't realise"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EvilTaytoMan posted:

"doesn't realise"

"Haha oh nooo ;)"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have it on good authority not really that Rob Lowe's "blue alien who emits sex pheremones that make everyone around him want to bang him" character on The Orville was based on Riker

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I have it on good authority not really that Rob Lowe's "blue alien who emits sex pheremones that make everyone around him want to bang him" character on The Orville was based on Riker

Riker doesn't need alien pheromones to seduce everyone around him.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

*Beverly walks in with test results*

Beverly: Good news, everyone! It turns out youweren't experiencing the effects of alien super-pheromones!

Riker: You mean...

Beverly: That's right, Wil. The sexual charisma was inside you all along.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

wil riker: theyve nicked me mojo!

pakled: this makes us go

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

alexandriao posted:

was that before or after the time he tried to replicate a "giant rubber vagina" and "one end of the thing got wedged in the replicator slot and the other end ballooned out of the replicator and pinned him to the floor of his room"?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol that people will get lovely about old actors putting on a bit of weight

Brent Spiner is 70 years old. I'll be drat happy if I'm that spry at that age.
spiner is thinner at 70 than most star trek fans are ever

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I'm not sure Spiner is even really fat. A little husky maybe, but not significantly overweight. His face just seems to have gone a weird shape and the Picard team have tried to compensate by... padding his head out?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i love my curvy android wife

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

was that before or after the time he tried to replicate a "giant rubber vagina" and "one end of the thing got wedged in the replicator slot and the other end ballooned out of the replicator and pinned him to the floor of his room"?

Wasn't that Wesley?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

data sacrificed his life for us anyway here is the drawer I keep him in with my other geegaws Lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

we keep data in the drawer with the old padd chargers and spare powercells ENGAAAGE

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tactlessbastard posted:

data sacrificed his life for us anyway here is the drawer I keep him in with my other geegaws Lmao

It's far more likely B4's parts. Chances are he got shelved because he was only a simple prototype with basic processing abilities, and they could never fully reproduce Data's personality in him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

don't forget that data's head is 500 years older than the rest of him

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Maybe Picard is playing cards with a holodeck Data.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe Picard is playing cards with a holodeck Data.
The show will never be this subtle but what if it's...Picard playing cards inside B4's/Data's dismembered head?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
He hired a lookalike to pretend to be Data and go on a hot date with him.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*sings heart of oak while falling over drunk*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ok b4 set a reminder to call geordi on thursday

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Spiner is not remotely fat, not even his face. But whatever they did to him in that trailer makes it look like he's totally ballooned. I don't even know wtf but I do hope it was simply unfinished. Maybe they put on prosthetics or caked on a ton of makeup to erase all traces of wrinkles, and they're gonna cgi that to make him thinner. (Not an FX nerd, no idea how any of this poo poo works.)

None of this explains what the gently caress is going on with his eyes, though.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah it's emphatically not "lol Spiner fat" it's "lol Data round"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This Apple product placement is getting out of hand.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Kirk leaves the Rome planet safely knowing Christianity is about to break out and burn their empire to the ground

That's what I assume anyway since uhhhh boy howdy Rome and Christianity coming together did not lead to "a philosophy of total love and total brotherhood" on our planet

Also canonically that means there have been multiple Jesuses, or Jesi, throughout the galaxy

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Danaru posted:

Kirk leaves the Rome planet safely knowing Christianity is about to break out and burn their empire to the ground

That's what I assume anyway since uhhhh boy howdy Rome and Christianity coming together did not lead to "a philosophy of total love and total brotherhood" on our planet

Also canonically that means there have been multiple Jesuses, or Jesi, throughout the galaxy

They're called Organians

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Danaru posted:

Jesus is clearly established in canon as the one and only son of God, so it's the same one just traveling the galaxies getting himself killed.

A divine red shirt.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ghostlight posted:

Jesus is clearly established in canon as the one and only son of God, so it's the same one just traveling the galaxies getting himself killed.

A divine red shirt.

He's also made out of one single electron, the "god" particle, if you will.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ghostlight posted:

A divine red shirt.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jilad at tanagra, his arms wide open. Hhhhrrrrrrrnnnnmmmmppphhh. :thunk:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156506116028603&id=6318938602

sorry for the facebook link but i cannot be arsed to copy the images over

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Jilad at tanagra, his arms wide open. Hhhhrrrrrrrnnnnmmmmppphhh. :thunk:

Jalad at Tanagra's, His Arse Open

"Hhhhrrrrrrrnnnnmmmmppphhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I totally thought Scotty was wearing a midriff-bearing shirt but also had to wear an undershirt and I was like YEAH SCOTTY GET THAT