Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

also I rewatched the opening cutscene with Bahamut and it's so much more emotional and impactful now that I know the context. RIP old man who stood up to Bahamut and almost put him in a box. You were pretty badass.

The faint smile while he's enveloped in light as he takes satisfaction in atleast teleporting his friends to safety :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vylbrand's situation might even get further complicated by the fact (SCH80 quest spoilers) HUGE strides have been made in curing the Nymian Plague, a Tonberry has been restored to their original form. This means the City-State of Nym may eventually be restored

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Vylbrand's situation might even get further complicated by the fact (SCH80 quest spoilers) HUGE strides have been made in curing the Nymian Plague, a Tonberry has been restored to their original form. This means the City-State of Nym may eventually be restored

I figure Nym's survivors are just going to be assimilated by Limsa Lominsa. That's what happened to their regular Plainsfolk descendants who survived the flood. Merlwyb is smart enough to either directly assimilate the restored Nymians or immediately make a reborn Nym a vassal of Limsa.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

Don't even care its a few pages past, never stop posting images please.

Also, I havent gotten to the end of SB yet, but does the emperor's face look like a floppy vagina? It can't just be me.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Alloran posted:

Also, I havent gotten to the end of SB yet, but does the emperor's face look like a floppy vagina? It can't just be me.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a beagle.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
So I'm playing a lot of paladin and I'm running into a problem with the rotation. What's the best way to recover if I end up forced away from a boss a bit. Do I just continue my rotation when I get back and push back buffs or do I cut some atonements?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Veriun posted:

Oh, what the heck? Since when could Nidhogg telepathically control buildings? Since when is that a thing?! You aren't even a real dragon, you're just a shade, get out of here with this :argh:

I guess the excuse will be that since Hraesvelgr weakened him, I can still defeat him... er... wait, buddy, you seem to be missing an eye, where did it-

:magical:

:allears:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Nessus posted:

On the Limsa/Vylbrand thing, I would say that one of the things that kind of throws this is that there is not a lot of visible land pressure in the immediate area. Granted that the MMO map aesthetic means you are kind of seeing a summary of what the actual map must look like, it seems like there's Limsa and some of their established infrastructure to the south, a vacation resort space on Costa del Sol, a bunch of semi-occupied swamp and jungle, the aleport/wineport area, and then the Sahagin/Kobold zones.

Costa del Sol is specifically under Gegejuru which technically makes it an Ul'Dahn resort :v:
Regardless most of the conflict happens not just because of land but also because of resources/location of that land. The Sahagin need shallows for their life cycle and that also gives them access to poach Lominsan shipping (which the leviathan-thralled sahagin do a lot of and the beast tribe ones get flak for.) The Kobolds hold the majority of the mineral wealth in the region and if it's one thing boats need that isn't wood, it's metal for the nails, bracings, anchors, cannons etc.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I really tried to like this game but the gameplay was not my jam, the story wasn't interesting to me, and everything overall felt like a worse version of wow. I didn't get to shadowbringers or whatever. I got stuck right after ARR. I don't like that I have to play the story to level up and that's the only thing the game has going for it. I let my sub lapse and I don't feel bad. Rip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s more like Guild Wars / Rift than WoW imho. Going from WoW to this I don’t think most would have a good time. It’s verrrryyyyyyyyy sloooooowwwww and deliberate. But that’s okay and that’s what makes it unique and fun.

This reminds me so much of Rift 1.0 that I love it after initially hating it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Gladiator quest level 10: "hey there have been a bunch of murders and I think they were all done by LANCERS"

me, a lancer main: :monocle: really! lancers did it! lancers are murderers! so that's what we're doing now! okay!

e: was that a car driving past me in Central Thanalan??

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 4, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Gladiator quest level 10: "hey there have been a bunch of murders and I think they were all done by LANCERS"

me, a lancer main: :monocle: really! lancers did it! lancers are murderers! so that's what we're doing now! okay!

That was a car driving past you.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
A car with flying capabilities, yes.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

vandalism posted:

I really tried to like this game but the gameplay was not my jam, the story wasn't interesting to me, and everything overall felt like a worse version of wow. I didn't get to shadowbringers or whatever. I got stuck right after ARR. I don't like that I have to play the story to level up and that's the only thing the game has going for it. I let my sub lapse and I don't feel bad. Rip.

Lol

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

This will not be the strangest thing you see being ridden either

It may be the most out of place, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The car sucks and so does anyone who spent MGP on it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

I've been doing all the ARR EX Trials this week and haven't found them too bad. You do have to take charge and basically mark and tell everyone what to do or you won't get anywhere, even if you are just as new as they are to the encounter.

I'm talking about Shadowbringers EX trials, which are actually pretty hard when you're with a couple of idiots.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 4, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pffft who needs a car when you have one-catgirl racing airships?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pffft who needs a car when you have one-catgirl racing airships?

I do. It is me. Because whoever designed them didn't do it with Roes or Hrothgar in mind, and then I get a propeller blade in the skull whenever it flies.

Buns get their ears lopped off at the roots.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FactsAreUseless posted:

no u

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kenny the Crow's gonna kick your rear end, FAU!!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The magitek death claw is the only valid mount.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nessus posted:

Kenny the Crow's gonna kick your rear end, FAU!!
oh no not that guy

but seriously adding the Regalia was a huge mistake, it hurts the game aesthetically

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

oh no not that guy

but seriously adding the Regalia was a huge mistake, it hurts the game aesthetically

:wrong: it actually owns

S.J.
May 19, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

oh no not that guy

lol yeah ok

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have it on good authority (me) that the Regalia owns and it is in fact you who suck.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen it much in a while but it sucked when everyone was using it and parking it on NPCs

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Eox posted:

The magitek death claw is the only valid mount.

Not when you're wearing robes of any kind. Everybody can see your tighty whiteys!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Not when you're wearing robes of any kind. Everybody can see your tighty whiteys!

just wear thigh highs and a thong duh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tainen posted:

:wrong: it actually owns

I laughed, thank you

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Honestly even without fully understanding the context the Answers opening cinematic gave me chills the first time I saw it. Beautifully rendered and animated and the song owns. One of the best video game cinematics I've ever seen

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My bunny seems to approve of the behemoth mount. Never see them out in the world.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

FrostyPox posted:

Honestly even without fully understanding the context the Answers opening cinematic gave me chills the first time I saw it. Beautifully rendered and animated and the song owns. One of the best video game cinematics I've ever seen

Now go finish Binding Coil because the trailer isn't the whole video :getin:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Now go finish Binding Coil because the trailer isn't the whole video :getin:

Oh I looked it up once I realized I would never actually finish Coil and it owns real hard

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Eh, some basic research and a handful of people could probably do it at level 80 unsynched these days. (pretty sure I did it with some friends unsynched at 60 in the weeks before stormblood launched).

Context helps that scene a lot, but maybe you've looked that up too. And yes, it owns, lol.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

So I'm playing a lot of paladin and I'm running into a problem with the rotation. What's the best way to recover if I end up forced away from a boss a bit. Do I just continue my rotation when I get back and push back buffs or do I cut some atonements?

Cut atonements. Whatever you do, don't let your goring blade DOT drop.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Eh, some basic research and a handful of people could probably do it at level 80 unsynched these days. (pretty sure I did it with some friends unsynched at 60 in the weeks before stormblood launched).

Context helps that scene a lot, but maybe you've looked that up too. And yes, it owns, lol.

I've read at least the cliffnotes for events leading up to 2.0 and watched all the coil cutscenes so I'm pretty sure I get what's going on :P

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cythereal posted:

My bunny seems to approve of the behemoth mount. Never see them out in the world.

I really don't like their animations

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I've got mounts on random, so that one pops up ever now and then. It used to be a veteran reward, but can now be purchased from the achievement vendor in Old Gridania. I'm assuming most newer players don't even know there's a vendor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Just lol if you are some scrub who doesn't have this sweet ride like those losers in the back.