Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Elyv posted:

for when you need an incredibly limited Repulse that can remove hexproof guys, I guess

Wow this will go great against my Ramirez dePietro "Steal Everything" deck. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

for when you need an incredibly limited Repulse that can remove hexproof guys, I guess

I hate Narset, Enlightened Master more than anything, so being able to banish her to the shadow realm is nice.

And you can hit your own if you wanna bounce yours for whatever reason like it has a good etb or it's been stolen, like sanctum of eternity.

It's narrow but it's a good niche to fill, I think.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I hate Narset, Enlightened Master more than anything, so being able to banish her to the shadow realm is nice.

And you can hit your own if you wanna bounce yours for whatever reason like it has a good etb or it's been stolen, like sanctum of eternity.

It's narrow but it's a good niche to fill, I think.

We have a guy that occasionally shows up and plays Narset. Everyone knows to immediately go after him because his deck just straight out wins if he gets to attack with Narset once.
It's part of the reason why innocent blood has been fairly popular in our lgs. And it'll probably be why this will be too

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo that's Uril the Miststalker on the art isn't it? that's fitting

It is

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I just realized that Uril is a beast and not a yeti, fix that wizards

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kurtofan posted:

I just realized that Uril is a beast and not a yeti, fix that wizards

Can he at least be a Beast Yeti so he can still contest some cliffs?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Voyager I posted:

It's kind of a weird design to push in EDH, honestly - you've got a Commander that's kinda slow and doesn't do anything by itself, but also loudly announces "I'm going to gently caress the world" as soon as it resolves, which almost forces the table to hate you into the stone age and not let you do anything fun - the alternative, of course, being them letting themselves get hazed by you doing something completely unreasonable.

it's kind of impossible to have a fair deck with it in it unless literally every card is like, a vanilla beater since cost reduction is so powerful

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Have they announced a commander anthology yet for this year? Like is is it going to happen, or does it not sell enough?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Can he at least be a Beast Yeti so he can still contest some cliffs?

Oh yeah, for sure

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The American Dream posted:

Have they announced a commander anthology yet for this year? Like is is it going to happen, or does it not sell enough?
They've become allergic to announcements again so maybe but they're big on arbitrary yearly slots and that part of the year has passed

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

time to cast a phyrexian obliterator for 8 life

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's kind of impossible to have a fair deck with it in it unless literally every card is like, a vanilla beater since cost reduction is so powerful

Yeah it wins immediately with a doomsday so that's fun.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Skyl3lazer posted:

Feeling called out by this post so I'll play bant soulherder instead of UW tonight

Trip report?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

What a weird card, makes all board wipes one sided I guess? Good with Balance?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Eggs, surely.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

C-Euro posted:

Trip report?

The deck is fun, and is definitely powerful enough for a modern format without hogaak. I did happen to find two sideboard holes last night: amulet and druid combo, which are just not played online. Im swapping some sideboard stuff around and think that those will be fine now post board. Game 1 relies on finding a path very soon, which is a coinflip.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2152449#paper

This was the list last night, I'm going to change it like this:
MB -1 Noble Hierarch -1 Renegade Rallier +1 Deputy of Detention +1 Eternal Witness
SB -1 Disdainful Stroke -1 Deputy of Detention +1 Pithing Needle +1 Celestial Purge

e; Nasif also posted an article on it today https://www.channelfireball.com/art...ent=nassif-mciv

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 3, 2019

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Really dig the art, if nothing else.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Skyl3lazer posted:

The deck is fun, and is definitely powerful enough for a modern format without hogaak. I did happen to find two sideboard holes last night: amulet and druid combo, which are just not played online. Im swapping some sideboard stuff around and think that those will be fine now post board. Game 1 relies on finding a path very soon, which is a coinflip.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2152449#paper

This was the list last night, I'm going to change it like this:
MB -1 Noble Hierarch -1 Renegade Rallier +1 Deputy of Detention +1 Eternal Witness
SB -1 Disdainful Stroke -1 Deputy of Detention +1 Pithing Needle +1 Celestial Purge

e; Nasif also posted an article on it today https://www.channelfireball.com/art...ent=nassif-mciv

Seems like good changes to make. I'd love to build this deck but I need Forces first :(

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

https://twitter.com/hoennzollern/status/1157779405646827520

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I see that the Gerrard style guide has been updated from "skinny Riker" to "if Jon Snow and the main guy from the Expanse had a baby".

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

I know it's a precon so it doesn't matter, but this seems wild as a common.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

BizarroAzrael posted:

I know it's a precon so it doesn't matter, but this seems wild as a common.

It just means it’s in all 4. Uncommon means it’s in 2.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ilmucche posted:

Trotting out BW tokens again today. It's a fun deck that does well against out new jund overlords but eats poo poo against our other tron overlords. Would it be worth cutting a Sorin for a one of Elspeth knight errant or putting Kaya's guile in the main?

Even the bwtokens4life.com guy has given up on tokens :(

I would try Guile. Maindeckable GY hate could be good.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

For my friends birthday he had us all build a morophon deck so this is great.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

bonus content:

extremely :hai:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Should cost WUBRG but A+ otherwise

Bear planeswalker when

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

A big flaming stink posted:

bonus content:

extremely :hai:

:perfect:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pauper Tron could possibly fit this in.

Paging Hellsau

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Silhouette posted:

Pauper Tron could possibly fit this in.

Paging Hellsau

I really doubt it. Tron doesn't seem like a deck that is looking to make extra land drops in the mid to late game, it already gets 7 mana from 3 lands. I also don't think tron is looking to loop any lands from the graveyard, it already has inevitability against every pauper deck, and I don't think it's even running a land that sacrifices itself for an effect, like cave of temptation or haunted fengraf, anymore.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Turn 3 Scaretiller, tap it with Springleaf Drum for U, drop another Urza's land, play Mulldrifter, go.

edit: it's even fetchable with Stirrings

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
scarecrow tribal

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm not sure if that'd be playable in Tron if it cost 2, let alone 4

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Tron already doesn't play the stupid sloth from standard which I'm pretty sure is a common? An extra 3 mana to get a land back from your graveyard seems almost 100% irrelevant.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Elyv posted:

It’s essentially a kill spell that doesn’t trip death triggers, gets through their boots/greaves, doesn’t care about indestructible/protection, and forces them to pay another tax. It’s much better than repulse.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Retromancer posted:

It’s essentially a kill spell that doesn’t trip death triggers, gets through their boots/greaves, doesn’t care about indestructible/protection, and forces them to pay another tax.

Yes

Retromancer posted:

It’s much better than repulse.

No

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I know I'm a big fat stupid American babby but even I'm surprised that a modern MC only has 500 viewers right now on twitch, Italian coverage or not...

Agonize
Dec 24, 2007

PleasantDirge posted:

I know I'm a big fat stupid American babby but even I'm surprised that a modern MC only has 500 viewers right now on twitch, Italian coverage or not...

It’s a qualifier. The MC was last weekend.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Agonize posted:

Also, the non-English coverage hurts viewer numbers even more so when there are other tournaments going at the same time with English coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Agonize posted:

That sounds pretty on brand for me and makes sense. It was still cool to watch