Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

What is the alternative at this point

The I.W.W. but we all know that's not going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

This is one of about a dozen reasons why we stopped using the goats.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

I wonder how many multi-thousand dollar japanese maples were eaten, holy poo poo.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Solkanar512 posted:

I wonder how many multi-thousand dollar japanese maples were eaten, holy poo poo.

Chances are they don't know and won't care.

A former neighbor had no issues uprooting his japanese maple so he could fit a row of small arborvitae.

My previous house use to have three, but the new owners removed two of them and replaced them with rock gardens.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

It's good to remove non-native plant species.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Freakazoid_ posted:

Chances are they don't know and won't care.

A former neighbor had no issues uprooting his japanese maple so he could fit a row of small arborvitae.

My previous house use to have three, but the new owners removed two of them and replaced them with rock gardens.

Ugh, arborvitae loving suck.

Shifty Nipples posted:

It's good to remove non-native plant species.

Uh, maybe focus on the invasive poo poo over a few harmless trees.

And have a picture of a nativar.

Acer cincinatum, “Pacific Fire”

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 3, 2019

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
My dickwad neighbor planted yellow archangel and the poo poo is all over my yard now so I keep having to find it and pull it up. It's as bad as ivy.
https://www.nwcb.wa.gov/weeds/yellow-archangel

I'd love for some goats to come take care of it but i'm sure they'd go for my japanese lace leaf maple first

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I would pet the goats

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Reasons we got rid of the goats:

• They like to escape
  • They cost around 30-50k a year to clear stormwater facilities
  • They crap in said facilities which is bad for them
  • They can die at random and boy did the neighbors not like that
  • The remote mower you can get for 40K lasts for years and can go at steeper angles than the goats
  • Getting them where they need to be can be a chore
  • The prices keep going up.
  • They got out again
  • They eat everything even the stuff you kind of want to stay there for filtering
  • They damage the fencing and facilities more than machines do
  • Don't look into their demon eyes
  • People want to pet the goats and they belong to someone else oh god why are they out again

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Just let me pet them

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

im on the net me boys posted:

Just let me pet them

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Honestly I wish I knew someone who would let me borrow their goats for a week or two to clean my yard up. I don't give a drat about anything in my backyard and since my wife went back to work we have not been keeping it up. It'd be great to have some goats just loving destroy all the plant life back there.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

therobit posted:

Honestly I wish I knew someone who would let me borrow their goats for a week or two to clean my yard up. I don't give a drat about anything in my backyard and since my wife went back to work we have not been keeping it up. It'd be great to have some goats just loving destroy all the plant life back there.

https://rentagoat.com/

https://pro.com/blog/best-places-rent-goats-seattle/

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Just let me pet them

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Just let me eat them

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Goats are loving delicious.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

George posted:

Goats are loving delicious.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

George posted:

Goats are loving

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Replace all lawn goats with these ones.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Too tall and thereby too difficult to pet

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Yes but also there is more to pet.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes but also there is more to pet.

Holy poo poo

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

incorrect, snoot is conveniently at face level for booping

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes but also there is more to eat.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

My retirement plan (ahahahahahahahha) is to buy a breeding stock of those large goats and start breeding them for size and horn size.

Failures will be eaten.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Pygmy and fainting goats are cool but in general they are huge assholes. Pygmy goats are pretty manageable though.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

preliminary primary results are up, decent news overall i think:
- herbold with almost 50% in d1 (followed by tavel)
- morales with a big lead in d2 (and ari hoffman a pretty distant 3rd)
- kshama in 1st (egan orion 2nd, followed by murakami, and then surprisingly to me dewolf)
- pedersen up big in d4 (shaun scott comfortably in 2nd!)
- juarez and sattler in d5
- least-bad d6 candidate dan strauss in 1st (followed heidi wills, mustache meme cop sergio garcia)
- lewis and pugel far ahead of everyone else in d7

http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20190806/king/

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

preliminary primary results are up, decent news overall i think:
- herbold with almost 50% in d1 (followed by tavel)
- morales with a big lead in d2 (and ari hoffman a pretty distant 3rd)
- kshama in 1st (egan orion 2nd, followed by murakami, and then surprisingly to me dewolf)
- pedersen up big in d4 (shaun scott comfortably in 2nd!)
- juarez and sattler in d5
- least-bad d6 candidate dan strauss in 1st (followed heidi wills, mustache meme cop sergio garcia)
- lewis and pugel far ahead of everyone else in d7

http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20190806/king/
Daaaaaaaamn, DeWolf got stomped.

I seriously considered voting for Hoffman, just for the thought that he'd have a much worse chance at beating Morales than Solomon would, and I loving hate pigs. The flip side of that, though, is what if Hoffman were to actually win?

I think this is gonna be a poo poo-show for the progressives in the general, though. I sure as gently caress hope not, but there are a lot of forces pushing to make it happen.

seiferguy posted:

Egan Orion, the Amazon / CoC candidate for district 3 city council, who's been running his candidacy on Amazon PAC money, has been putting up these fliers:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Was DeWolf any good? I assumed he was trash based on the pro corporate dogwhistles in his leaflets and the fact that he was running against Kshama.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone in Jackson or Josephine county (OR) collecting signatures for the Psilocybin Services Act?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I live there but have no idea, I will sign the gently caress out of that tho

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The good faith requirement for canvasing materials is the assumption that you can get at least 200 signatures.

https://psi-2020.org/volunteer-soon/

Mr. Dick is reading through the Oregon state circulator stuff.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/circulatortraining.aspx

He next intends to figure out the laws, permits and fees involved in setting up a table.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I love the doggie who is running after the sea of goats thinking, "poo poo poo poo poo poo... I had one job!!"

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Boeing Status:

poo poo's still bad yo but with a different plane.

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/debris-from-boeing-787-rains-down-on-italian-city-12-homes-damaged

quote:

One person reported suffering minor burns, saying, “They were like bullets. My shirt was on fire.”

The debris apparently came from the jetliner's left engine, a Rolls-Royce Trent 1000, a model that has been plagued with problems.

A spokeswoman for Norwegian said simply that there had been “indications of a technical failure”, but added that the aircraft landed safely.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

That's more likely a Rolls Royce issue, not a Boeing issue.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Solkanar512 posted:

That's more likely a Rolls Royce issue, not a Boeing issue.

Sounds like they've known its been an issue for a while so you'd think Boeing would step up and say "hey lets just use the GE engines"

I interact with them on the regular (boeing) and this kinda poo poo is just systemic.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

silicone thrills posted:

Sounds like they've known its been an issue for a while so you'd think Boeing would step up and say "hey lets just use the GE engines"

I interact with them on the regular (boeing) and this kinda poo poo is just systemic.

Again, why is this on Boeing and not EASA? Why not blame Norwegian for not swapping out otherwise approved engines, it's trivial on a 787.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Glad to report that we're having a Normal One in Washington https://twitter.com/wspd2pio/status/1161666745536409600

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Is there some way to make money off Pokemon GO or is that person just a little too fixated on Pokemon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Is there some way to make money off Pokemon GO or is that person just a little too fixated on Pokemon?

Very much the latter. I guess you can trade stuff for $$ but if Niantic finds out, it's one of the few things they will actually ban you for.