Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Looking at the list I really hope it goes all the way since I really want to see how Nostradamus and Simo Hayha fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

did you or did you not see Thor

Thor still looks like a Norse man and it didn't escape my attention that poseidon was lacking a beard. He still was a grown man with a trident and not a little girl with a grilling fork which is the quality I expect from Fate.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

jack the ripper exists and now all fate characters are 10 y/o girls

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Red Hare wasn't a talking horse in this manga 0/10

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fate Napoleon looks better than anyone in Valkyrie

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sindai posted:

Looking at the list I really hope it goes all the way since I really want to see how Nostradamus and Simo Hayha fight.

They weren’t Quatrains they were Quadtrains. He had the strongest legs in history and was known for his four kick combos.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I get this feeling that the Japanese warriors are going to win their fights.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

I get this feeling that the Japanese warriors are going to win their fights.

While that would be completely expected it would still be disappointing.

Oh yeah heres the remaining gods:

code:

Buddha 

Loki 

Apollo 

Susano'o no Mikoto 

Bishamonten 

Anubis 

Odin 

Beelzebub 

Shiva

Maybe Susanoo will get headshotted from a billion miles aeay by Simo in return for a little Japanese chauvinism.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
THIS MUST BE THE PLACE WHERE YAMATO TAKERU-NO-MIKOTO CAME DOWN FROM THE SKY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Sindai posted:

Yeah, I am really interested what will the story do with Nostradamus, Tesla, Rasputin and Simo Hayha, because their legends don't really fit the "man against god, one on one, single weapon, final destination" format. The mangaka did a pretty good job with Adam though, which makes me even more curious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rasputin's simple enough, since his most famous trait was not dying after being murdered repeatedly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Brunhildr's name also translates to armor if I'm not mistaken, so someone could get battle armor to help, my money is on tesla. There's also another valkyrie who is about predictions so rasputin seems a shoe-in foe her

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Godsdamn I love this series

AND THERES STILL A POSSIBLE 10 MORE BOUTS TO GO OHHHH YES

code:
Qin Shi Huang 

King Leonidas 

Nikola Tesla 

Raiden Tameemon 

Grigori Rasputin 

Okita Souji 

Michel Nostradamus 

Simo Hayha 

Sakata Kintoki 
A reminder of whos left to fight on the human side.

I feel confident in saying Qin Shi Huang is going to lose.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Only if the opponent has invincibility pierce.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
So Simo basically did half his kills with a rifle and half of them with a submachine, I wonder which one will be the surprise reveal that seems to turn the fight around. :v:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The SMG, because he's famous as a sniper.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ElBrak posted:

So Simo basically did half his kills with a rifle and half of them with a submachine, I wonder which one will be the surprise reveal that seems to turn the fight around. :v:

The dogs he raised after the war.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A friend told me to read a chapter of a series and I thought it was weirdly amusing. https://mangadex.org/chapter/679540
Could definitely make a meme out of it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mraagvpeine posted:

A friend told me to read a chapter of a series and I thought it was weirdly amusing. https://mangadex.org/chapter/679540

A comic strip is a very weird medium for a documentary on late-stage capitalism, but ok

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I get the point of the strip, but as far as monkey's paw stories go this one was pretty weak. Wouldn't he remember buying the pills, and notice that the number of pills in the container have decreased? Was that movie really that good you would ignore you've gained dozens of pounds?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The movie was Avengers: Endgame.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Man I know I shouldn't read comment sections but I did and of course the gods vs humans comic has people mad that the first human win came through a japanese person.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Like it's a manga, of course that hemisphere is gonna be highly represented.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Yeah, but TBF I can't help but feel that some of the more obscure Japanese heroes they picked are less interesting historical figures than some heroes from other countries.
(Not Kojiro though, he's loving awesome.)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chad basically gets off screened even in the epilogue

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The_White_Crane posted:

Yeah, but TBF I can't help but feel that some of the more obscure Japanese heroes they picked are less interesting historical figures than some heroes from other countries.
(Not Kojiro though, he's loving awesome.)

I guess the criteria was more "who is most interesting to me and can i make a cool rear end powerset and 'true history' for"

Like if you ask 1000 people whod theyd pick youd get a 1000 answers

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If I had to pick one, I would pick Vlad the Impaler.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chesty Puller vs Ares

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like the next 3-Gatsu arc is more Shogi, which is always fine but I really like the way this one in particular is going through Rei's mindset, and especially how you can contrast with where he was at the start of the series and how much happier and healthier he seems to be.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Hibiki in which a nefarious sociopath seeks to control our plucky protagonist also the anime guy has plans or something

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Binged Shuumatsu no Valkyrie and hot diggity. Shame that there's no Shaka Zulu on the humanity list though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
did MPD Psycho ever get finished/is it worth reading? i have vague memories from reading it a decade ago but not much else. Just started kurosagi corpse delivery service and know they have the same writer

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

New chapter of Dai Dark. It looks like the main plot is getting started now.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Yak of Wrath posted:

New Hibiki in which a nefarious sociopath seeks to control our plucky protagonist also the anime guy has plans or something

Anime guy is such a bad villain, I can’t wait to see Hibiki effortlessly clown him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

did MPD Psycho ever get finished/is it worth reading? i have vague memories from reading it a decade ago but not much else. Just started kurosagi corpse delivery service and know they have the same writer

All I remember of MPD Psycho is the television series. I gave the manga a read a couple years ago but it's still unfinished at 12 volumes translated and 24 in total.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Same with Kurosagi. :sigh:
GDI Dark Horse.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I've just discovered Girl That Can See It, a nice little horror-ish manga. Chapters are very short but it's quite cute and the horror imagery is well done. I get kind of a You Will Hear The Voices of the Dead vibe from it.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100320844

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Argue posted:

I've just discovered Girl That Can See It, a nice little horror-ish manga. Chapters are very short but it's quite cute and the horror imagery is well done. I get kind of a You Will Hear The Voices of the Dead vibe from it.

Its an interesting premise, but it is a very horny manga.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Argue posted:

Mieruko-chan is the other name most people post it under. It's OK for having random fanservice shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I just found a great psychological/body/alien horror manga called Wakusei Closet (https://mangadex.org/title/23932) that looks like it just started getting updated again