Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

they got that from that mentally ill programmer who made templeOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

crime weed posted:

...the shooter was wearing hearing protection?

It's honestly more interesting that mass shooters typically don't wear ear protection.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's honestly more interesting that mass shooters typically don't wear ear protection.

They all imagine themselves looking like Keanu.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they don’t unless they planned in advance at the shooting range

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

they all want that blaze of glory, then settle for supermax since that's as close as they'll get to m4a and ubi

also, the cops stop at burger king on the way to the station and you can't hear the speaker if you've got tinnitus.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1158010917088632833
https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/1157864732704960513

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Aug 4, 2019

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

crime weed posted:

also today i learnt that channer nazis refer to the fbi as "glow in the dark" because ???

"The term was coined by paranoid-schizophrenic internet personality and Temple OS programmer Terry Davis in his livestream. "The CIA n****** glow in the dark, you can see them if you're driving. You just run them over " - Terry Davis, 2017.
The term was popularized around 2018-2019 on 4chan.org (specifically the /pol/ board) and 8chan."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Speaking of which. Remember when Obama got cucked and gutted the right wing terrorism department at the FBI because he was scared of Republicans?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

most of them aren't thinking they'll get taken alive is my guess

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lanza had earplugs i think.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
a bunch of these guys are extremely concerned with the aesthetics of their shooting and them having ears in is opposed to that aesthetic.

They are all absolutely terrified of this picture being taken of them:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

having high db cancelling headphones is now becoming the image of elite operators, so expect that to change real quick

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

having high db cancelling headphones is now becoming the image of elite operators, so expect that to change real quick

well since they can't grow facial hair, gotta do something

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I can barely remember when this was The Onions punchline

instead of this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the guy who wrote that onion story grew up near stoneman-douglas.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Necro'ing an old post:

Prester Jane posted:

I've been thinking the same thing for some time myself. I posited a theory sometime back about what I called a "popcorn kettle" wave of terrorism. The idea here is that individuals who can potentially become radicalized enough to engage in Terror attacks are like seeds of popcorn in a kettle, inert until sufficient heat and pressure is applied. (Heat and pressure in this metaphor represent the general level of radicalization and extremist rhetoric present in the population.) As the heat and pressure level increases in the kettle, at first you start to see random kernels pop off here and there by themselves, then things build into a staccato rapid fire of individual kernels popping off, and then as things really ramp up you start to see bunches of kernels popping simultaneously. Likewise I believe that in the wave of radicalization spreading through the American populace, we will see first Lone Wolf terrorist attacks as we have been seeing, followed by the emergence of small groups carrying out coordinated Terror campaigns.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prester Jane posted:

Necro'ing an old post:

thought of this post today actually lol

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
there's a factual error in the manifesto. he says that interbreeding between races will reduce genetic diversity, which isn't true. he seems to be basing the conclusion on the blending model of inheritance, which Mendel disproved and no one has believed in since the 19th century. in reality a population will always have the same set of genes no matter who breeds with who, they'll just be arranged differently

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Its Coke posted:

there's a factual error in the manifesto. he says that interbreeding between races will reduce genetic diversity, which isn't true. he seems to be basing the conclusion on the blending model of inheritance, which Mendel disproved and no one has believed in since the 19th century. in reality a population will always have the same set of genes no matter who breeds with who, they'll just be arranged differently

gottem!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Prester Jane posted:

Necro'ing an old post:

this is called stochastic terrorism and it’s been a known phenomenon for decades. mass media makes it so easy to create a mass shooter factory

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
wow that mass shooter's manifesto will never get past peer review at this rate!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Giga Gaia posted:

wow that mass shooter's manifesto will never get past peer review at this rate!

Quillete: now wait just one second

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Why won't any of these mass shooters use footnotes in their manifestos god

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

there's a factual error in the manifesto.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the only fash to include footnotes: teddy k

Dec 26, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

Necro'ing an old post:

yeah

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

master race

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Its Coke posted:

there's a factual error in the manifesto

Well when you look at it like that the whole thing falls apart!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

weird, i think i saw a very different pic of the dayton shooter

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

I know this is a very obscure cultural reference, but all these guys need is a leather duster and they would fit right in as a ~99 Angelkin.

What I'm saying is that these guys are exactly what the majority of the early Otherkin community looked like; and in particular scrawny little white guys like this often wore leather dusters and decided they were Angel kin- they also frequently had an obsession with accruing arsenals of weapons.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

sons of fragmaster.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Wrong Dayton. That's a random 15 year old on Twitter.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Man the Garlic and El Paso shooters could be the same person

Hey, I dont slouch my back :mad:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this is the dayton shooter, not the one in that pic

the one in the pic is this one:

https://twitter.com/realconnorbetts/status/1158041245048090624

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

so just a future mass shooter

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

“...unless another one of those stuck-up bitches turns me down.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Prester Jane posted:

I know this is a very obscure cultural reference, but all these guys need is a leather duster and they would fit right in as a ~99 Angelkin.

What I'm saying is that these guys are exactly what the majority of the early Otherkin community looked like; and in particular scrawny little white guys like this often wore leather dusters and decided they were Angel kin- they also frequently had an obsession with accruing arsenals of weapons.

not sure whether to be amused or depressed at the thought of some dude complaining about how the SJWs took over the otherkin community. #heavengate if you will