Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've had a blast coming back to this game after playing a bit last year, now that I have a better handle on the mechanics, but man...

There's an awfully weird correlation between advancing the star chart with "complete a spy mission with all 3 data captures" and my sudden disinterest in the game :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fenarisk posted:

I've had a blast coming back to this game after playing a bit last year, now that I have a better handle on the mechanics, but man...

There's an awfully weird correlation between advancing the star chart with "complete a spy mission with all 3 data captures" and my sudden disinterest in the game :smith:

Join the clan if you haven't and ask for someone to help you out

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

SSNeoman posted:

dude why do you do this to me

EDIT: Does anyone have this part of the codex completed or is DE trying to stealthily sneak in new enemies?

https://imgur.com/ipgHXZs

They are not secretly behind locked orange doors in jupiter tiles. They do not have passcodes locked behind shooting a beeping power conduit that opens shutters that have switches that have symbols on them that if you are fast enough pressing in the correct order, will open that orange door and they are not all in the same room, even if the room is really big, they are not in the same room as the orange door, which does not have another door behind that can only be opened via operators. They do not exist back there, and do not drop mods like Odomedic, Dive kick, and some other gimmick mods. :alad:

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Mimesweeper posted:

I picked up a Prisma Gorgon after unveiling a riven for it and it's my favorite gun now, it's pretty drat close to a minigun and it sounds amazing.

I have a +75% fire rate riven for it and it is about as ridiculous as it sounds

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fenarisk posted:

There are plenty of people who like Spy and will just do the mission for you. Ask in chat!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 3, 2019

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Fenarisk posted:

Almost all the spy vaults can be cheesed. Some can be completed in 2 jumps. Look up the shortcuts on YouTube if you need to.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yup, just ask in the clan or discord and someone will probs be down to rush you through it no sweat with a cheater frame.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I went from hating spy missions to just avoiding them for a really long time because I had no reason to do them, to somehow slowly and inadvertently building up the knowledge / execution to do them really quickly (probably due to sorties) and now I find it one of the most fun modes in the game.

I still get a reminder of how much it used to suck every time I try one of the new Jupiter maps, though. :v:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Beach fashion frame.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ssmagus posted:

They are not secretly behind locked orange doors in jupiter tiles. They do not have passcodes locked behind shooting a beeping power conduit that opens shutters that have switches that have symbols on them that if you are fast enough pressing in the correct order, will open that orange door and they are not all in the same room, even if the room is really big, they are not in the same room as the orange door, which does not have another door behind that can only be opened via operators. They do not exist back there, and do not drop mods like Odomedic, Dive kick, and some other gimmick mods. :alad:

drat I thought I found a new super spooky secret. Thanks though!

Fenarisk posted:

Ask NeomanSeraph in-game. I am the master of Spy.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 3, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The Sortie just gave me a 3 day credit booster, so 4X credit weekend here I come.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Soaktron should be a real weapon. With accurate water gun stats.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Make it Hydroids signature weapon so it does no damage unless you're using him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jack Trades posted:

Make sentients weak to water, entire game becomes a Signs joke.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I think I just rolled something amazing...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is very juicy. no minus sucks but whatever

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I hope we get the water guns but with acid like Kela originally intended

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

But they are loaded with acid. hydroxic acid, to be exact.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Water is an acid! It's just a very very very weak acid.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mesadoram posted:

So I think I just rolled something amazing...

really amazing zaw rivens have a negative and +reach, but that's like 300k kuva away, so grats

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

The biggest problem with water tag is that the ttk is awful for seasoned players who are used to having a primary that does ungodly dps.

I can imagine my operator bashing his water pistol against a rock screeching WHERE DO THE MODS GO

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
There's a color pallet and noggles in the market for plat for the event, just an FYI

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The biggest problem with water tag is that the ttk is awful for seasoned players who are used to having a primary that does ungodly dps.

I can imagine my operator bashing his water pistol against a rock screeching WHERE DO THE MODS GO

what do you mean I cant serrate a water pistol :colbert:

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I think I'm just going to buy one floof for the event and be done with it. Too much grind for me right now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The cat and roomba will still play with the one ball.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
You can go in solo and press escape for 5 minutes, a draw still gets you 50 pearls and timer keeps going even paused.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

deimos posted:

You can go in solo and press escape for 5 minutes, a draw still gets you 50 pearls and timer keeps going even paused.
I think though this is a reflection on how the scoring is messed up. If they'd made it +1 shell per kill on top of the 50 shells for a win, people would be engaging with it more instead of trying to work out ways of afking it.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Give us a Soaktron for sale from Nakak, let us mod it. Keep it at base damage 0.

Bonus points for Soaktron-specific augment mods.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Time to bust out my Kavat and let it play with the Ball!

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1157791074527485952

god dammit.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
If you mod it with toxic damage it becomes the Nox gun it originally was.

Also give us pool noodle whips for melee and water bomb Pox for secondaries

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Operator power is a cannonball into the nearest water.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

END ME SCOOB posted:

If you happen to want to cheese this event for pearls, there seems to be a slight bug: pausing the game when in Solo mode freezes the game world, as it does when you're in any non-open world stage, except the timer keeps counting down.

This is can only be described as 'so DE'. How is it that a game that they obviously don't spend much time playing or testing manages to be so weird and fun?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Some of them clearly spend time playing the game somewhat frequently. Just not the actual people doing the development.

whatever they're doing, shits working.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Without knowing anything about the man personally, I'm pretty sure Pablo plays the game.

I'm equally sure Steve doesn't. :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Without knowing anything about the man personally, I'm pretty sure Pablo plays the game.

I'm equally sure Steve doesn't. :v:

Steve is the "I don't care how good it is, I care how good it runs" guy, and frankly putting him in charge was a genius move.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tulip posted:

Steve is the "I don't care how good it is, I care how good it runs" guy, and frankly putting him in charge was a genius move.

Steve's a good graphics programmer.

I'm not sure I'd call him a great graphics programmer like Glen, but he's good.

... it's him doing design and especially balancing that may be a problem.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

endlessmonotony posted:

Steve's a good graphics programmer.

I'm not sure I'd call him a great graphics programmer like Glen, but he's good.

... it's him doing design and especially balancing that may be a problem.

Steve's not really graphics, he's a godlike engine programmer.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Steve is the undisputed king of 'well yeah guns, but have you seen this loving shader'

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Goa Tse-tung posted:

really amazing zaw rivens have a negative and +reach, but that's like 300k kuva away, so grats

Good to know. Time to re-roll when I get some Kuva :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Good to know. Time to re-roll when I get some Kuva :unsmith:

10k kuva for 50 emissary credits is still good isn't it?