Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I like that Walker at least as much as you hate it, probably much more so.

Al long as this book doesn't squat a bunch of stuff I'm all in.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cooked Auto posted:

I totally want to get the Invictor a second normal arm and a giant cowboy hat.
"This planet aint big enough for the both of us pardner." :clint:

If you cover it up too it could almost look like a Titanfall mech.

I wish they had done that. Cover the guy up and give him two hands and I think it would be great. Plus it would kind of make sense as a sort of heavy power utilitarian mech.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if it will have a hand that's holding the bolter

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder if it will have a hand that's holding the bolter

That'd be neat too. But I almost want to have it be in a duel pose with the hand hovering its 'pistol'.
There are so many opportunities to make it into a robot cowboy and I can't help but to love it somewhat for that as the idea is ridiculous af.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish they had done that. Cover the guy up and give him two hands and I think it would be great. Plus it would kind of make sense as a sort of heavy power utilitarian mech.

Maybe you can combine the armor plating from the other one. I mean the first version looks awful with that face plate anyway so take that and slap it into the Invictus might look good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love it specifically because it's about is a ridiculous as anything can be. Way too much of the new stuff is done completely straight.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Looks like a play on Malcador's sigil, which makes sense since he laid down the roots of the Inquisition and he was a super psyker

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

richyp posted:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Adeptus_Astra_Telepathica

(Credit to Bonds on Discord)

You'll also see the same logo/similar logos on the staff of the Psyker Imperial Guard models.

The Imperium really loves their I

It's different enough that it wouldn't surprise me if it's some kinda new organization. A new adeptus for pyskers?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

Maybe you can combine the armor plating from the other one. I mean the first version looks awful with that face plate anyway so take that and slap it into the Invictus might look good.

The way the roll cage is constructed makes it trivially easy to mod an enclosed cockpit if you don't fancy slotting in a Redemptor sarcophagus. Either use the cage as a frame for plasticard, or as a template to construct a new cockpit like how people used to make Armoured Sentinels out of the regular ones.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So the new trait shock assault would be fairly nasty if I combined it with the lightning assault chapter tactic. In reality though I’m sure you’ll change the WS tactic to something like rerolling advances or something just as dumb.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Stephenls posted:

Alas, poor terminator armor. Striking visual design forever welded to a name that invites brand confusion.

Tactical Dreadnought Armour

boom solved.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

Time to prepare.

Love those bikes, this new codex stuff is cool and good

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So if the psychic awakening is supposed to hit all factions, what do people like Necrons and Tau get? Do Pariahs come back, or Tau field Nicassar psykers?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So if the psychic awakening is supposed to hit all factions, what do people like Necrons and Tau get? Do Pariahs come back, or Tau field Nicassar psykers?

We literally know nothing about it but likely? nothing. Malign sorcery and forbidden power in AoS were "for all factions" but if you didnt have a wizard it was a pretty sad selection.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Cross postin' from the mini painting thread.

I've just finished my five Skull Marines, and with them I nearly, for the first time in ~20years of this dumb hobby, have a fully painted 2000pt army. Just 5 Hellblasters, A Librarian, Apothecary, Chaplain, and a Repulsor Exterminator left to go!

The army so far:

And, yeah, I really need to get a proper photography setup.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cooked Auto posted:

That'd be neat too. But I almost want to have it be in a duel pose with the hand hovering its 'pistol'.
There are so many opportunities to make it into a robot cowboy and I can't help but to love it somewhat for that as the idea is ridiculous af.

I actually have a Redemptor I plan on saving the armor plates from.

Eifert Posting posted:

I love it specifically because it's about is a ridiculous as anything can be. Way too much of the new stuff is done completely straight.

I really wish they had gone all out and just given him two arms and two pistols.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
For Necrons all they need is cepytech powers that throw ligtning storms or something. C'tan could do it too.

T'au need anti psyker Kroot or Etheals. Or just nothing because that is what T'au are, they have no defense or power to the warp and it makes sense for them.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Tau will get their giant floating psychic bear auxiliaries.

Though seriously it wouldn't be hard to think up some sort of endless spell equivalent thing for the non-psyker factions.

Dwarves and *Khorne* have endless spell equivalents.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 4, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Necrons and Tau can have anti-psyker stuff, because Tau aren't already sufficiently un-fun to play against.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'll take a Dark Eldar wave with a Mega-Medusae suspended between catamaran hulls.

With more spikes, torture, and floating.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Heck yeah I called the chapter specific sub codexes and the upgrade sprues.

This freaking rules, give those salamanders the love they deserve!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
poo poo, I just realized it’s Codex: Space Marines and not Codex: Adeptus Astartes (II). I wonder if that means they’re giving up on trying to shift the brand recognition on Space Marines to Adeptus Astartes for trademarkability purposes.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Heck yeah I called the chapter specific sub codexes and the upgrade sprues.

This freaking rules, give those salamanders the love they deserve!

Ha, yeah, I was wrong about that. Wanted to say something earlier in the day but I don't have search and :effort: to ctrl-f for my old posts and see who brought it up. Looks like upgrade sprues and at least 1 biggified or potentially new character per chapter/supplement. Wonder if they'll release all the supplements at once alongside the new codex or stagger them out, potentially with the upcoming campaign books they mentioned with the release of Vigilus 2. It'd be odd if they released 7 hardbacks at once, but most players will just need the new codex and one supplement. Plus it'd also be weird if they had some armies using their sup-par old codex rules for a few months after .

It'll be a good way to create more distinct datasheets/abilities for the chapters, something like a White Scars-specific ability for BIKES and so on. Wouldn't be surprised if they also just move a few datasheets like centurions and the other codex-compliant only stuff entirely to the supplements in addition to the characters. They mentioned that the "full spectrum of units" in the new codex is for all nine first founding chapters and they'll justify it by saying the the basic datasheet is already in the kit's box. It'll cut down on main codex bloat as they continue to release primaris units (we'll probably get a third base codex within the next two years for the gravis marines release) and it'll look good for the chapter supplements that aren't Ultras or Fists because otherwise they'd have only 2 datasheets where it's [dude] and [dude w/ +1W and +1A].

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
I feel like you could every gun off of that transport apart from the cupola and end up with a better unit overall. I want to pay points for transport capability, not for yet more low strength shooting.

Robo-suit is a bit weird. I don't know what gap its trying to fill. Also aesthetically, I wish it was a dreadnought. Let the boxy boys have some sneaky fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just realised my blood claws are going to have 4 attacks each now when they charge. Nice. I've been finding them really good as character screening and blenders even if they die easily.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

The way the roll cage is constructed makes it trivially easy to mod an enclosed cockpit if you don't fancy slotting in a Redemptor sarcophagus. Either use the cage as a frame for plasticard, or as a template to construct a new cockpit like how people used to make Armoured Sentinels out of the regular ones.

Yeah Plasticard would've been my second suggestion in this case. Was just wondering if using the Redemptor 'face plate' would be an easier alternative to a full build.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really wish they had gone all out and just given him two arms and two pistols.

:same:

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Im not into the roll-cage at all but fluffwise I like the notion; Dreadnought sarcophacii are incredibly hard to maintain and require tons of technical resources so why not just... have a pilot? Seems very Primaris.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Im not into the roll-cage at all but fluffwise I like the notion; Dreadnought sarcophacii are incredibly hard to maintain and require tons of technical resources so why not just... have a pilot? Seems very Primaris.

I wonder if the arm sockets are compatible with the existing ones from the redemptor. The chassis itself looks similar ableit stripped down.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Stephenls posted:

poo poo, I just realized it’s Codex: Space Marines and not Codex: Adeptus Astartes (II). I wonder if that means they’re giving up on trying to shift the brand recognition on Space Marines to Adeptus Astartes for trademarkability purposes.

I may be wrong but the codexes have always had "Space Marines" featured prominently on the cover. The eighth ed says "Codex: Adeptus Astartes" in small font above "SPACE MARINES" in larger letters below. Even their webstore has the header as marines.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also uh... Primaris Baby Carrier?

Dear Lord what an offensively lovely model. Whewwwwwwwww

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, it's better than the Dreadknight?

I just don't know who looked and decided that what Marine armies really need is more S4 AP 0 shots?

:shrug:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Especially since the existing Primaris Dreadnaught uses sarcophagi as batteries and burns through one every 3-4 battles.

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really don't see the point of it. Will it somehow aid Phobos units? Has anyone been clamoring for more heavy stubbers or a heavy bolter pistol?

Mechanically it does offer something the list doesn't have right now: a big beefy infiltrating unit. Dreadnought power fists are no joke at flat 3 damage. I would expect it to be pretty close to a box dread profile but with toughness 6 and better movement. Infiltrating a model (or three) with that kind of durability and close combat threat makes both Reivers and Infiltrators better at what they need to do.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Hixson posted:

Dear Lord what an offensively lovely model. Whewwwwwwwww

The diaper seems even more pronounced on this model for some reason. Also, how the poo poo do they not give a model like that to GSC. Remove the guns and give it hydraulic grabbers instead.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

nite_moogle posted:

Mechanically it does offer something the list doesn't have right now: a big beefy infiltrating unit. Dreadnought power fists are no joke at flat 3 damage. I would expect it to be pretty close to a box dread profile but with toughness 6 and better movement. Infiltrating a model (or three) with that kind of durability and close combat threat makes both Reivers and Infiltrators better at what they need to do.

Redemptor dreads are d6 damage, which is both better and worse at the same time.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Guess who bought the space marine codex recently. :saddowns: The redemptor kit is top notch so I'm crossing my fingers for this version of it, I think it'll grow on me.

Chaos marines question, is there a compelling reason if you're taking berserkers playing black legion not to split them off into a world eaters detachment? Im torn between painting them all as black legion vs painting them as world eaters, I know I could just say they were WE regardless but still.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/ImperatorOfPuns/status/1158031345270108160

:perfect:

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I excited to expand my Salamanders, but I am waiting to see how the rules shake out and to see if they have an upgrade kit. I dont really feel the amount of free hand i was doing before, and will only order the forgeworld transfers if I have to.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

the marine also needs a cowboy hat

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

the marine also needs a cowboy hat

It's obviously already there but you can't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kore_Fero posted:

I feel like you could every gun off of that transport apart from the cupola and end up with a better unit overall. I want to pay points for transport capability, not for yet more low strength shooting.
I will have you know that GW employs an elite team of eight year-olds specifically to design primaris vehicles. They have yet to meet a component they couldn't cram another gun onto.