Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Dr Strangepants posted:

So apparently an earlier post itt got Lowtax a message from the FBI.

They didn't notice that these posts are all from Reddit. Stay safe Pinecone Sample.

The post:

Yes, I received a call from this agent on the evening of Friday the 19th and I was very confused at first. I told him what I knew once I realized what he was talking about, which was very little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for breaking my friend’s phone after he took nonconsensual video?

Oh no, parties involving "excessive drinking" and "some illegal drug use" (pot) :jerkbag:

This guy is 19 years old and works for daddy's firm and his girlfriend is like an aide to a state senator or something

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yes, I received a call from this agent on the evening of Friday the 19th and I was very confused at first. I told him what I knew once I realized what he was talking about, which was very little.

Cant believe you're gonna destroy GBS the same way LF was erased in the past

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pinecone Sample posted:

:stare:

I mean, it has been for a while but I guess this kind of confirms that the canary is dead.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

[WI] My employer wants me to wear a wig

quote:

Can my employer require me to wear a wig?

I'm a woman with thinning hair. HR says my hair is "unprofessional", and wearing a hat or head cover was also rejected ("It's not normal to wear headwear indoors"). I work a desk job in an office environment and direct customer interaction is very rare. I have a number of bald/thinning male co-workers.

Is this gender discrimination? It seems that gender-based hair requirements are legal, so maybe not.

My thinning hair started during pregnancy, but I'm not currently pregnant. I don't have any other medical issues.

Wigs are expensive and uncomfortable, and my employer is not willing to reimburse me for the cost of a wig. They are expecting me to purchase a wig that is comparable in appearance to natural hair ($$$).

How hard can I push back? I can't lose this job, but I don't want to wear a wig every day for the indefinite future. I've been given two weeks to acquire a wig for daily wear.

(Wisconsin, US).

Wig flew

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shave your head

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

Good to know that the feds are so disinclined to check for context that is so readily loving apparent, but took enough time to give you a - hold on, someone’s at the door.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Did you at least try to convince the agent to register and then post an introductory thread in FYAD?

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for telling my vegan neighbor that their 'vegan' baby is only healthy because of animal products?

My next door neighbors are vegan. The man is obviously more into it than the woman is. They were raw vegan when the woman announced her pregnancy. She obviously wasn't doing well on it. Some months in, she was visiting me midday, talking about how much she was suffering, the weight loss, and that she was afraid of losing the baby. I offered her some food because I was making myself an egg sandwich.

She wasn't comfortable with eating meat, but agreed to an egg and lactose free cheese sandwich. I used butter also because I felt she needed more nutrients. She almost cried from happiness while eating it. She ate at least one egg and cheese at my house every day. Her pregnancy went from "high risk" to completely fine.

The father of the kid is bragging that his family is vegan and that raw vegan makes perfectly healthy children. WIBTA if I told him the truth and that the only reason things are fine is because of animal products?

These people are going to kill their kid if it makes it to birth.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Dr Strangepants posted:

They didn't notice that these posts are all from Reddit. Stay safe Pinecone Sample.

The post:

gently caress! Feds are on to us! Scram!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Sagebrush posted:

Oh no, parties involving "excessive drinking" and "some illegal drug use" (pot) :jerkbag:

This guy is 19 years old and works for daddy's firm and his girlfriend is like an aide to a state senator or something

Or she's just a teacher who can get superfired for been seen drink in hand at a party. No need to demonize the OP, not to mention that the need to catalogue everything online is things that most people grow out of.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Pinecone Sample posted:

That's terrible! I hope you're okay.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sagebrush posted:

....Stop doing this please

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pinecone Sample posted:

Now that your name is in the system, good luck with flying and the TSA. I'm sure they are able to consider the context of this.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Dude, there are tons of places which would flip their poo poo over any indication that you might be using illegal drugs including (but not limited to):
-Anything involving the educational system.
-Government workers
-Private companies who do lots of business with the federal government
-Anything requiring a security clearance
-Many, many private companies who have a “zero tolerance” policy

Remember, the US has little-to-no worker’s rights. And by the way, unless you’ve got a union backing you up, they don’t even need to drug test you to prove it - you’re in a photo where this was happening, we have “reasonable suspicions” based on that, you agreed to a zero tolerance policy, so get the gently caress out of here fired-with-cause.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sagebrush posted:

Lol, I love it when drugoons come out of the woodwork to show their asses over things like this.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

if your friends aren't smart enough to realize it's not a great idea to publicly post evidence of you committing/being an accessory to a federal crime maybe you shouldn't hang out with those people

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Drugs or no drugs, job or no job, the guy that agrees beforehand to no phones and then whoops straight to Snapchat needs his hands removed

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

i vomit kittens posted:

if your friends aren't smart enough to realize it's not a great idea to publicly post evidence of you committing/being an accessory to a federal crime maybe you shouldn't hang out with those people

It was in a quote box and I am not aware of the identity of the person planning the attack!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

Lol, I love it when drugoons come out of the woodwork to show their asses over things like this.

pearl-clutching over ~the devil weed~ is dumb as hell and makes you an idiot fucker, hth

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
How do I (f27) save my relationship with my boyfriend (25) after the mess I created?

quote:

My boyfriend "A" and I have been together for three years. Him and I were supposed to visit a few friends and family members of mine for my birthday/vacation to California. The trip had been planned months in advanced to avoid any complications. Everything was going smoothly until my friend "Holly" decided she would join our vacation for a few days because she also has family in California.

My boyfriend was always skeptical of Holly because she apperantly has a drug problem that she didn't care enough to get help for. Initially, I assumed that he didn't want her there simply because he thought she would be an inconvenience. Holly seemed like a good person and had never given me a reason not to trust her. My boyfriend thought otherwise.

My boyfriend would always tell me Holly was a bad influence and that it wasn't the best idea for either of us to be around her. He claimed she was only pretending to be nice. He said that something always felt off about her. My boyfriend can be cynical at times and I simply believed he was paranoid because he hasn't really gotten to know her.

The arguments between me and my boyfriend began the last couple of weeks leading up to the trip. He kept pressing on about how Holly was a bad influence and not a nice person. I got fed up with it and accused him of being controlling and manipulative (he's not). On the final argument before the trip he gave me an ultimatum; he said if Holly went on the trip, he would stay behind.

I was so angry with him that 2 days before the trip I went and stayed with Holly and didn't answer any of his calls. During our last argument I grabbed my stuff and stormed off. My boyfriend asked where I was going and I replied "to find somebody better and less controlling." He didn't know where I was and I ultimately ended up going on the trip with Holly (HUGE mistake).

Turns out the "family" Holly had in California were just drug dealers. I let Holly borrow a pair of jeans from me and when she returned them...you guessed it, drugs were in the pockets. She tried to get me to do drugs with her and even sell it.

I left home a day later and immediately tried to apologize to my boyfriend, but he didn't answer my texts or my calls. When I got home I could tell my boyfriend had been crying a lot because his eyes were so swollen. He packed a small backpack and left to stay at his brother's for a couple days. To make matters worse, he left a box with the most beautiful bracelet I have ever seen and a letter tittled "to the love of my life." I immediately started bawling because I chose a dumb friend over him.

I feel like a complete idiot for not trusting my boyfriend when he was only looking out for my well being. I regret what I said and what I did. I deserve to be told every insult under the sun.

Please help me. He hasn't broken up with me, but how do I apologize and win his love back? How can I make it up to him for my loving stupidity? I'll do anything not to loose him.

TL;DR: chose a stupid drug addict friend over my loving boyfriend.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

It was in a quote box and I am not aware of the identity of the person planning the attack!

Back in the cooler with you!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dr Strangepants posted:

The post:

So is the FBI watching SA but not Reddit, or are the unfortunate people who are stuck in a cubicle monitoring forums just not talking to each other?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

pearl-clutching over ~the devil weed~ is dumb as hell and makes you an idiot fucker, hth
:classiclol:
"It'S jUsT :420: :2bong: Ok GuYs!", you yell as your friend's security clearance/career veers into a brick wall due to a Facebook post.

ad090 posted:

How do I (f27) save my relationship with my boyfriend (25) after the mess I created?
Hah, what an idiot. How the gently caress does the boyfriend know her better than the friend does, though?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 4, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

FilthyImp posted:

Hah, what an idiot. How the gently caress does the boyfriend know her better than the friend does, though?

It can be easy to overlook flaws in a friend, especially if you knew them before the problems (though it's not clear if that's the case with Holly). I'm gonna guess that Holly encouraged things as well, "he's a jerk who just doesn't like sharing your time" sorts of narratives.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Kazy posted:

You've never had any experience with the US healthcare system, have you? It's very easy to have a $10,000 ER bill if you don't have insurance, especially for 3 different people.

(the woman is dumb but also the Airbnb is dumb for leaving their sex toys easily accessible)

That's not what she said. She said it was "well into the tens of thousands".

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FilthyImp posted:

If I had to guess: Because she's as naive as a newborn yellow lab puppy and he has had any interaction with users at all ever.

I hope he finds someone less stupid and I hope she has this held over her head for all eternity.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So is the FBI watching SA but not Reddit, or are the unfortunate people who are stuck in a cubicle monitoring forums just not talking to each other?

I imagine reddit has a division of the FBI looking at them instead of an email bot.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"turn on ur monitor lol"

-a deep cover fbi agent

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA For causing this guy to lose his civilian job and get a Letter of Reprimand from the military?

drat.

If this is true then its a good showcase as to why you keep your social media clean.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

HIJK posted:

drat.

If this is true then its a good showcase as to why you keep your social media clean don't be an intolerant, homophobic rear end in a top hat
FTFY.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Lol if you think anyone in the federal government shares intelligence with one another, or states and feds, etc.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I hear the Dept. of the Interior is keeping tabs on the Colonoscopy Megathread.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

HIJK posted:

drat.

If this is true then its a good showcase as to why you keep your social media clean.

A couple years ago I was in a Counter Strike match with someone who kept calling everyone in the game various racial slurs via voice/text. His username was his Twitch URL so I go to it and sure enough he's there streaming with a webcam and has his full name and military occupation in his About Me. I saved the VOD of the match but never actually went through with sending it anywhere that might get him in trouble.

AITA for drinking and getting drunk with my 18 year old son ?

quote:

My son started going to parties and since i my wife Are not stupid, we know that There Will be alkohol There. So my wife Said that i should drink with him at Home so he finds his "zone" and know how much he Can drink.

Well fine, why not, he wanted it too and i thought It would be a bonding thing. Well, the night is There and we Are playing some board games and taking shots. We laugh and get drunk, both of us... Suddenly my wife comes and sees us and she starts almost litterally snarlig at me that i wasnt supposed to get drunk... I was just supposed to drink with him. I asked her how was i supposed to do that. She told me that was something i har to figurer out myself. Noe she calls med an rear end in a top hat, an irresponsible person and is thinking about a divorce. So Reddit please tell me, was i in the wrong ?

Ps. It was ny first time drinking in 8 years

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm pretty happy with this whole FBI drama happening in the drama thread. That's a great gift from the internet.

Anyway can't we all agree that while drugs are great fun, idiots that can't help but post evidence online for said FBI agents (or rear end in a top hat bosses) to find are insufferable and probably shouldn't be invited to parties anyway? I live in a weed legal state and my employer doesn't give a poo poo, but at the same time I'm not posting that stuff online.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

:classiclol:
"It'S jUsT :420: :2bong: Ok GuYs!", you yell as your friend's security clearance/career veers into a brick wall due to a Facebook post.

nice meltdown

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

i vomit kittens posted:

A couple years ago I was in a Counter Strike match with someone who kept calling everyone in the game various racial slurs via voice/text. His username was his Twitch URL so I go to it and sure enough he's there streaming with a webcam and has his full name and military occupation in his About Me. I saved the VOD of the match but never actually went through with sending it anywhere that might get him in trouble.

AITA for drinking and getting drunk with my 18 year old son ?

it really adds to it that he was drunkposting

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I'm loving the mental image of him immediately jumping on Reddit after the argument, then drunkenly bellowing at his wife "Honey! I'm not an rear end in a top hat! Look, the internet says so!"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i mean i feel like he's kind of not wrong? like... drinking without getting drunk sounds fairly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
A teenager definitely can't gauge how many beers will get them sloshed but a grown-rear end man should be able to figure out what a good buzz maintenance pace should be.