Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
After getting battalions which have the dance ability but for 4 units at once I stopped using the dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Terper posted:

Randolph introduces her (and himself, since he only met you one time five years ago) during the first Exploration in Edelgard's path post timeskip. You must have just missed them, I guess.

Ah probably - I didn't talk to him because I didn't see the point. It's strange that it always assumes you have, I'd have expected a bit of something somewhere else.

Miftan posted:

Holy poo poo post time skip BL maps do not gently caress around! Prior to the last pre-timeskip battle I was sleep walking though levels but these last 2 (last before timeskip and first after) are substantially harder than the first half of the game. Might actually need to put some thought into them!

Post timeskip there's a load of levels with infinite reinforcements for the baddies and at least for me that made them a boatload harder

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Taear posted:

Ah probably - I didn't talk to him because I didn't see the point. It's strange that it always assumes you have, I'd have expected a bit of something somewhere else.
well then I guess they should write assuming no one reads it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
pre timeskip is such an easy time that the battle just before little miss boss herself got crit to death by a random npc swordmaster

apparently bosses can't be killed by npcs tho she still have a hp left. took care of the entire center of the map practically by themselves though, you go swordie, lemme hire you

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
There’s been a fair few missions post timeskip on Golden Deer which telegraph that you’re in for reinforcement hell spawning near your back lines or where the boss is and it really pressures me to finish the maps ASAP

Like chapter 16 relied on a lot of pulse uses and stride to end the map before I suffered consequences for overextending with a stride strategy

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Terper posted:

well then I guess they should write assuming no one reads it

99% of the time the chats in explore are just nothing, it's pretty reasonable to think that'd stay the case!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I wasn’t down on Sylvain’s characterization (it’s great to have flawed characters after all) until he started hitting on Flayn in their B support.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How long does Part 2 last, hours-wise?

I somehow hosed up joining Edelgard, despite having her and Hubert's supports up and saying I would always follow her when asked, but here I am, still leading the church in Part 2, so I'm kinda looking forward to my second playthrough with a different house already.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Miftan posted:

Holy poo poo post time skip BL maps do not gently caress around! Prior to the last pre-timeskip battle I was sleep walking though levels but these last 2 (last before timeskip and first after) are substantially harder than the first half of the game. Might actually need to put some thought into them!

It’s the same way for GD and presumably BE. It evens out later on

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fighting a dagron in clauses paralaouge huh? Should be doable. Oh wait it breaks most of the rules that have been established by every other monster fight rad

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm doing Black Eagles and I'm in February and I have a question: I bumped into Edelgard and she wants me to go somewhere with her but says I'll be back before the end-of-month mission. I'm guessing I should wait til the last week in the month, but do I have to talk to her to take her route or can I wait till the end of month and make whatever choice then?

E: Also loving Hubert is missing. I'm sure it's going to turn out that he was away doing something sneaky this month but gently caress verisimilitude, I needed to give him some gifts and level him on battles this month.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 4, 2019

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I'm doing Black Eagles and I'm in February and I have a question: I bumped into Edelgard and she wants me to go somewhere with her but says I'll be back before the end-of-month mission. I'm guessing I should wait til the last week in the month, but do I have to talk to her to take her route or can I wait till the end of month and make whatever choice then?

You have to do it while Exploring, and yes, wait until later.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Phenotype posted:

You have to take her up on the offer to access her route at all. It'll end the explore period and skip your next lesson plan but next free day things are back to normal. I don't actually know what happens if you put if off though, if you even can.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

How long does Part 2 last, hours-wise?

I somehow hosed up joining Edelgard, despite having her and Hubert's supports up and saying I would always follow her when asked, but here I am, still leading the church in Part 2, so I'm kinda looking forward to my second playthrough with a different house already.

Phenotype posted:

I'm doing Black Eagles and I'm in February and I have a question: I bumped into Edelgard and she wants me to go with her but says I'll be back before the end-of-month mission. I'm guessing I should wait til the last week in the month, but do I have to talk to her to take her route or can I wait till the end of month and make whatever choice then?

It doesn't end the month. Just that particular explore.

Black eagles spoilers for the end of Part one.
both moments where you follow her are massive "THIS DECISION IS IMPORTANT" things and I'd say you can't possibly miss them, no idea how Soul Glo managed it. They must not have gone with her to be coronated, but it definitely doesn't end the month.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
anyone knows what's in the lower chest in the flayn chapter? I got the march ring.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

anyone knows what's in the lower chest in the flayn chapter? I got the march ring.

Levin Sword.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

McTimmy posted:

Levin Sword.

AAAAA I DONT WANT TO DO THAT lovely CHAPTER AGAIN

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

then don't, just buy one later

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

They're absolutely not worth it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

re: dancer chat
sometimes putting a good unit into dancer works out pretty well imo. Ingrid is one of my better units and being able to swap her between Pegasus Knight and sufficient-dancer for maps has been the most I've even used the reclass system outside of moving on from mastered classes. She already had a good sword rank so she benefits nicely from the extra sword skills and I can have her clean up an area if her dancing isnt immediately needed, or dance someone out of danger so she can handle it enemy phase

Tae posted:

The level cap is 99 and they have lines for it.

Why did they put so much voice acting
I can't imagine how much grinding on auxilary maps (so only on normal or with dlc) it would take to reach that especially as your levels soar above whatever end game levels are

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dedue.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

Ferdinand was a great dancer since his personal skill gives him extra avoid when at full HP which synergized well with the +20 Avo from the dancer skill.

:eyepop: I'm going to do this just because it also suits his character and I think he'd rock the outfit, and Sylvain's become OP as a lancer

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Did that guy really just post unmarked death knight spoilers

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Using Catherine in the sword tournament is basically cheating. Lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How high does a stat need to be to be able to recruit someone?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

Insanely high at no support, very high at C support, not very high at all at B support

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Using Catherine in the sword tournament is basically cheating. Lol

I mean, it's not even like you need to use a knight to basically be cheating - Felix in the sword tournament is effectively cheating too, what with his ludicrous stat growths and a Major Crest.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you have B-rank support with the character, then you need D-rank in the skills, or 10+ in the stats.
At C-rank support they, want ~C-rank in a skill, or 15~20 in a stat.

The requirements for the riding/flying/heavy armor skills may be slightly lower than others.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Insanely high at no support, very high at C support, not very high at all at B support

Ohhh, so that's how raising their support helps recruitment.

I'm gonna have to kill so many of the other students in the timeskip. :ohdear:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Edelgard destroyed nearly every physical tournament even with basically no weapon skill

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

Edelgard destroyed nearly every physical tournament even with basically no weapon skill

Yep. It was a little depressing how fast she dispatched Felix in the sword tournament, when he's been training his entire life for it and she's never picked up a sword...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
She uses swords and axes when she cooks, tho

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm throwing Raphael at every tournament because everyone else is disappointing, despite Raph being punch man. I threw Lorenz at a spear tournament and Ingrid doubled him and I lost the first round.

Raph's heart and muscles are big, which means he has big chances to win.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Raph is just Scott Steiner if he was a nice guy.

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT EDELGARD AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER ARMORED KNIGHT YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD DIMITRI TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm on month 12 is it too late to recruit everyone if I have been only pumping bonding bites and gifts into my own house?

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Probably too late to recruit everyone but you should still be able to get some people.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Raph is just Scott Steiner if he was a nice guy.

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT EDELGARD AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER ARMORED KNIGHT YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD DIMITRI TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN!

Between Dedue and Raph there are some great large friends in this game. Great in both senses of the word.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Is there a point to do the tournaments? The rewards feels kinda bad for the AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

One mechanical change I'm not crazy about in this game is the return of weapon weight without a stat that offsets it (the weight reduction skills don't count). It feels like I get doubled way more often in this game than in any other Fire Emblem, even with some of my speedier units.