Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Just lmao if you don't think Americans are all mentally deranged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1158075261524619264?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I really hate this goomba gently caress

https://twitter.com/JohnDelaney/status/1158054934765539330

B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/NeurologyDoctor/status/1158055658538901505

Edit: The text in the tweet is incorrect; he's just "suspending" his campaign.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

lmao "if you're literally a terrorist we'll still let you have a gun, but it'll be expensive to keep it."

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Man, won't that hate criminal be red in the face when the tax prevents him from affording a gun for his second spree shooting after he's been convicted for the first one.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

B B posted:

At least he didn't yell

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

joepinetree posted:

Could it be because you started out by saying that it was "using mental health as a fig leaf to cover for not supporting gun control," which makes use of a false narrative regarding Bernie (that he doesn't support gun control), continued on to say that "Calling out mental health relieves all the other White Supremacists" and then, when it became clear that Bernie couldn't have known at that moment that it was a white supremacist shooting and later issue perhaps the strongest statement on white supremacy, found yet a third way to find the comments bothersome? While saying exactly nothing about the other 18 candidates at the same forum who didn't immediately condemn white supremacy before the identity of the shooter was known?
To clarify, I said regardless because the idea of mental health being used as a fig leaf to cover not covering gun control was already disproven. I meant regardless of that, I still found hat specific comment lovely. But I get that didn't come across, sorry.

I'm really not trying to talk in bad faith, man. I just didn't like the comment and I'm being honest about why I didn't like the comment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Peak Numbers Fuckstein.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I love the idea that if you have a history of hate crimes you should still be able to have a gun, but only if you are rich. Great job Delaney.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

At least he's finally admitted Medicare For All is the answer and is now just trying to find a safe landing spot for his insurance buddies.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

John "a history of hate crimes" Delaney

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1157497831806132224?s=20

quote:

"The chocolate disc represents all the wealth that has risen to the top 1%," the website said. "The backbone represents Bernie's steadfast determination to un-rig our economy. And the hot cinnamon is our political revolution holding politicians' feet to the fire to make America work for working people of all races and genders."

a.lo fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 4, 2019

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hahaha wow

Is there anything a neolib thinks an insurance mandate wouldn't solve

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Reverend Dr posted:

John "a history of hate crimes" Delaney

viggo mortensen playing a former 4chan mass shooter living in a rural town who's found out by antifa after he's interviewed by national news cause he called some passing black people slurs and now he has to fight against their supersoldiers to avoid being doxxed

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Bernie's support of mass shootings getting him in a lot of trouble with this CNN interview. Really bad optics

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yang's continued proud association with the dens of white nationalism will hopefully be brought up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Tim Ryan is out. Andrew Yang is in.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

Bernie's support of mass shootings getting him in a lot of trouble with this CNN interview. Really bad optics

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, and can't offer any specifics, but my gut says he really bungled this one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

B B posted:

They always ‘suspend’ their campaigns rather than outright say ‘I’m done’, but he’s done

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oh great, at least then we can pay, from an insurance fund, restitution for loss of loved ones... WHAT KIND OF hosed UP IDEA IS THIS poo poo!?!?!?!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

oh great, at least then we can pay, from an insurance fund, restitution for loss of loved ones... WHAT KIND OF hosed UP IDEA IS THIS poo poo!?!?!?!

It's a half-assed insurance when you think about it. Make gun owners all have insurance on their guns, it becomes cost prohibitive pretty quickly. Doing some 5 dollar tax is nothing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The only way to stop bad guys with guns is liability insurance

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

mayor pete polls like poo poo for having raised the second most money.

He's outpacing Sanders and Biden in my area in Florida, according to that map posted a ways back.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

It's what happens to your brain when you try neoliberalism.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ummel posted:

He's outpacing Sanders and Biden in my area in Florida, according to that map posted a ways back.

Palm Beach?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Calibanibal posted:

This is just like with his taxes. Bernie refused to release them, forcing all of us to assume the worst about him, and now he's refusing to say how he'll tax people who commit hate crimes? I hate to say it but I'm voting Delaney.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That map of blue is like giving Bernie spirit energy to succeed in his campaign

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Does John Delaney not know that it's already illegal under federal law for someone convicted of a felony to own a handgun? The only thing this would impact is misdemeanors. And if it's raising prices for people with misdemeanor charges on their criminal records, then that would allow the criminal justice system to revoke the right of gun ownership from non-whites even more efficiently and thoroughly than it already does.

Hell, why even stop at criminal records? Why wouldn't the insurance companies also look at gun owners' addresses and jack up the prices if they live in neighborhoods with high crime rates, high poverty rates, or high rates of "gang activity"? Props to Delaney for figuring out a legal way to easily put a gun ownership ban on the very few minorities who manage to evade the racist enforcement of our white supremacist police state.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think liability insurance would become prohibitively expensive the moment one of these companies has to pay infinity dollars for a mass shooting.
Then, like flood insurance, the government will step up to save second amendment rights and then we backdoor our way into a universal health Care plan, but only for gun violence.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

They always ‘suspend’ their campaigns rather than outright say ‘I’m done’, but he’s done

Suspending a campaign lets you still raise money, which, if your campaign has debts, and they all do, you probably want to do.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Epicurius posted:

Suspending a campaign lets you still raise money, which, if your campaign has debts, and they all do, you probably want to do.

But who would give them money after they suspend it?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

dark insurance-related joke

*applewatch automatically pings PROGRESSIVE your massive blood loss*

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

croaking hoarsely, my final words:] like a good... neighbor... state farm is...

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

Palm Beach?

St Pete. The large gay community is probably tipping the scales for buttigieg.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i think the average in MA is like 72k

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

What an embarrassment from Bernie

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Hence...at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Texas teachers make less than 55k a year.