Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh my god I read the OP and Roma’s badge is even worse than I thought. It’s kids sucking on wolf titty not wolf pups :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

It’s Romulus and Remus from Roman mythology.

I think you should follow Atalanta because they are the most like able team and they have Papu and their fans drive tanks. I can justify this with pics and videos tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I’m going to try and follow an Italian team this year since ESPN+ has Serie A. Who should I root for and why?

In my initial look at the table I was going to pick Roma because I thought their badge was was a rhino and that’s badass. But it turns out it’s a badly drawn wolf with baby wolves sucking her wolf tits.

Also if the team competes it not the champions league that would be dope because I’m a Liverpool fan.

I also follow Dortmund and the Riverhounds.

Teams that have no representation in this thread:

I suggest Torino who's got a great manager, good mid-high table team, they play the Europa League. You could also go for Atalanta who is playing in the Champions League but most likely not surviving group stage, they play really well.

Other option would be Cagliari who sold their star player this year (Barella) but are spending tons of money on replacements (Nainggolan, Nandez, Rog, probably Defrel) so should be entertaining too.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Don't do what I did and follow now bankrupt Palermo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

silvergoose posted:

Don't do what I did and follow now bankrupt Palermo

In 10 years you can say you were there when it was really bad though. Just like those guys 20 years ago.

Speaking of, the new ownership officially took control of the stadium and whatnot so it’s no longer in limbo.

As for new guy, yeah, Torino, Atalanta, one of the Genova teams is always good because you have a great derby and entertaining owners for the full Italians experience. Roma’s crest is insanely Roman so if you can’t stomach mythology then I guess sure, stay away from that.

Comedy Milan option.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

In 10 years you can say you were there when it was really bad though. Just like those guys 20 years ago.

Hells yeah

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Let’s make this guy cheer for Lazio

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Atalanta supporters drive a tank over cars representing Roma and Brescia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkojrNjgIo

And they have Papu Gomez, a tiny little Argentine who scores sick golazos and celebrates with meme dance moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB9j1Q2jwXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3h0FXVDFg

I had forgotten about Genoa or Sampdoria, they have a very fun derby and insane presidents. From those two I would choose Sampdoria because they always have the best kits and they have old man Quags playing for them

abuse culture. posted:

or Hellas

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

Lazio at least are a good football team that’s fun to watch unironically.

Hellas are just bad at everything.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The coppa Italia starts today by the way. Pro Vercelli vs Rende and Virtus Francavilla vs Novara.

Remember Novara? What a disaster.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Remember Novara? What a disaster.

Aaand they lost lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle are supposedly trying to get some 19 year old inter striker on a loan with an option to buy but he's never played for the first team so I assume nobody here has seen him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Newcastle are supposedly trying to get some 19 year old inter striker on a loan with an option to buy but he's never played for the first team so I assume nobody here has seen him

I was reading about him earlier, because apparently Leeds are in for him, and also the captain of Inter's primavera squad, who I was surprised to learn is Irish.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter were second place in last years primavera (Milan were relegated lol) so he must be decent enough at that level at least.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

canepazzo posted:

Teams that have no representation in this thread:

I suggest Torino who's got a great manager, good mid-high table team, they play the Europa League. You could also go for Atalanta who is playing in the Champions League but most likely not surviving group stage, they play really well.

Other option would be Cagliari who sold their star player this year (Barella) but are spending tons of money on replacements (Nainggolan, Nandez, Rog, probably Defrel) so should be entertaining too.

i'm going full on for the Atalantas, imagine if they got TWO (2) new supporters just cause they play balls to the wall and their owner(?) (or fans?) paraded around a tank and a jet through the town in the past

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Atalanta is this thread's default "cheer for unless playing against" team due to how awesome they are

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Ok sure, Atalanta it shall be!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Soulex posted:

Atalanta is this thread's default "cheer for unless playing against" team due to how awesome they are

nickname: the goddess

eat poo poo, old lady

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Karl Sharks posted:

nickname: the goddess

eat poo poo, old lady

vaffanculo & welcome to the thread

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Serie A 19/20: vaffanculo & welcome to the thread

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

vaffanculo & welcome to the thread

grazie mille & eat poo poo

on that sort of note, i actually took a couple semesters of italian for fun a while back and want to get that back + learn more, what are the best italian language sites/journos for stuff?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

on that sort of note, i actually took a couple semesters of italian for fun a while back and want to get that back + learn more, what are the best italian language sites/journos for stuff?

Gianluca di Marzio is probably your best bet here; he’s got his own site and he’s usually very accurate in the transfer marker. Fabrizio Romano is another though he often tweets in English. I like Antonio Vitiello but he’s all Milan all the time.

I find la gazzetta dello sport to be the simplest of the sports newspapers to read and also the best layout on their website. Corriere dello sport is good too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Tanc is the official Twitter follow for this thread

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

Tanc is the official Twitter follow for this thread

Agreed, if you want a fairly reliable news source who is also a huge weirdo a lot, Big Tanc is your guy

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1156281008368607233

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Did he tear the arms off that shirt lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Did he tear the arms off that shirt lol

His shoulder hair chafed enough on the shoulder seams that the sleeves just fell off

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Gianluca di Marzio is probably your best bet here; he’s got his own site and he’s usually very accurate in the transfer marker. Fabrizio Romano is another though he often tweets in English. I like Antonio Vitiello but he’s all Milan all the time.

I find la gazzetta dello sport to be the simplest of the sports newspapers to read and also the best layout on their website. Corriere dello sport is good too.

thanks, will check them out

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Badelj from Lazio back to Fiorentina on a loan with option to buy. Lotito masterclass: got him on a free transfer last year and is getting money to send him back.

All things considered, I'm happy about it. Badelj is one of the best midfielders we had in last few years.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

canepazzo posted:

Badelj from Lazio back to Fiorentina on a loan with option to buy. Lotito masterclass: got him on a free transfer last year and is getting money to send him back.

All things considered, I'm happy about it. Badelj is one of the best midfielders we had in last few years.

This is pretty good news.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Cancelo to City for Danilo + 30M euro

I don't like Paratici too much tbh

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Didn't see it posted but Kean to Everton is done for 27.5 with an additional 2.5 possible. I don't know what to say. Really going to miss watching him play for us.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve is gonna end up signing Icardi and Perisic to cover as a wingback at this rate. What the hell is going on there?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve is gonna end up signing Icardi and Perisic to cover as a wingback at this rate. What the hell is going on there?

"CR7's jerseys will repay the investment made for the player" :downs:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

the last 2 champions league seasons have completely broken everyone in management at the club

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

there must be some kinda FFP issue on the horizon that we can’t see, between de Ligt and Ronaldo, I don’t know. Doesn’t look like we are actually trying to win a CL anytime soon suddenly

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
Torino got drawn the hardest possible opponents in the EL qualifiers, if they get past the Belarusian potato farmers they'll face Wolves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

there must be some kinda FFP issue on the horizon that we can’t see, between de Ligt and Ronaldo, I don’t know. Doesn’t look like we are actually trying to win a CL anytime soon suddenly

buy the best player from whoever knocked you out last and you're sure to win :shepface:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

IIRC Juve do a lot better than other Italian clubs w/FFP because they own their stadium, and can count ticket, suite, etc sales as part of their income

also GD when you changing my gangtag to reference this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o like i asked

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I queued it already!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What’s the best way to follow Serie A? Specifically, Atalanta. ESPN and Onefootball are both lacking in coverage. I can’t seem to find an official team app or Serie A app either.

Also, how the gently caress do you say Atalanta? I’ve been saying At Atlanta, like the loving city, but uh I realized this morning that’s very wrong.