Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Steve is the undisputed king of 'well yeah guns, but have you seen this loving shader'

This game is chock to the brim with insane guns and it's because the rest of the team is trying to impress Steve and the only times he even notices are when like Simulor or Exergis gently caress things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fun dumb trick with the Exergis: when you summon Wukong's clone for the first ~3 seconds that it exists it has infinite mag size in whatever gun you've given it. Watching the clone melt stuff because it has a gun with that damage output and infinite ammo for a brief moment is hilarious. I don't know if this works on the Tigris Prime or not, as the trigger pull on that gun is the double-barrel instead of just the regular semi.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Living dangerously with Wukong is having the twin out and trying to aim down the Ogris' sights, helpful friend just loves stepping in front of you as you pull the trigger.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Are rivens weighted to get better with more rolls? Or is every roll the same odds on all the stats? If I was really dedicated to getting a goodass riven for a particular weapon would it maybe be worth cutting losses and just buying an unrolled for plat?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its all random

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sextro posted:

Are rivens weighted to get better with more rolls? Or is every roll the same odds on all the stats? If I was really dedicated to getting a goodass riven for a particular weapon would it maybe be worth cutting losses and just buying an unrolled for plat?

No, rivens don't get better the more you roll them. Every roll is the same as any other roll, although I'm not sure if there's a difference in weighting between some particular stats and others (and it would be insanely expensive and time-consuming to test that.)

High-disposition rivens for popular primary weapons are fairly safe to reroll until you get something good, if you're willing to grind a bit. If any of those three criteria aren't met (high-dispo, popular, primary) then things get a lot dicier. It's possible to sell a genuinely good roll* for just about any weapon, but it can take an extremely long time to find a buyer for a weird, unpopular, or low-dispo weapon -- it's a very low volume market.

* 90% of the rivens people excitedly post in this thread or the discord are trash for purposes of resale, they're just excited that it's better than a regular mod. You want 2-3 good stats that accentuate the weapon's existing strengths and a negative that does zero or nearly zero harm.

e: Sorry, this is way more seller-oriented than the question you asked. Buying a riven is a good idea since you know exactly what you're getting for your platinum. The downside is that for good guns, it's could potentially cost thousands of plat.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 4, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Looking for some amp advice, in case I'm about to make a huge mistake.

Got a 111 amp, and I need something better. (Among other things, a random guy in an Eidolon group explained to me how bad I was yesterday.) Here's what I'm thinking.

Prism: C4 is like an automatic rifle, so I'm thinking that would be good when I can locate a target and just hold the button down. I also have the plans for C2 (Shwaak), if that's a better thing to go with. I figure it's a broader, shorter shot, so it might balance out with the scaffold, instead of having two skinny lasers.
Scaffold: C3, because it has a homing beam, and that's what I need, because I can't hit those stupid vomvalysts.
Brace: C4, because it seems like it would be good for keeping my energy up, and I can't get any of the Fortuna stuff yet.

Thanks much in advance.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

after a 111 your next stop should be an x23. 223 is popular but the prism doesnt really matter for eidolons since you should always be shooting your secondary fire from the shraksun scaffold. primary fire is just for dumping excess vs stacks.

x23 will be fine until you can buy the certus brace from little duck

are we spoiling amp stuff? that doesnt seem necessary.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 4, 2019

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
x23 or x27 depending on your rep situation is the one-stop solution, though do whatever you want with a lot of these prisms because you don't need 7 eidolon-meta amps, but you do want mastery.

personally I'm a fan of the 627 because it does everything I need an amp to do. dolons, kuva siphons/floods, looking cool.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

627 is my amp of choice as well. the only thing i dont use it for is ropalyst since the 427 has better range and i had that made already anyway

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont normally repost art from reddit but this is too good
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/clzqkd/summerframe_beach_party/

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's adorable.

Who is that pumping the most iron in the lower left corner? Loki's decoy?

E: even better

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 4, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i thought main invis loki was pumping iron and decoy loki was buying the ice cream

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Lifting Loki is transparent with horizontal lines, therefore he is the decoy. An invisible Loki would not have clean horizontal lines but a more chaotic pattern of warframe energy. :goonsay:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Obviously the decoy was waiting in line for ice cream then got switch-teleported

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Awesome! posted:

after a 111 your next stop should be an x23. 223 is popular but the prism doesnt really matter for eidolons since you should always be shooting your secondary fire from the shraksun scaffold. primary fire is just for dumping excess vs stacks.

x23 will be fine until you can buy the certus brace from little duck

are we spoiling amp stuff? that doesnt seem necessary.

Psion posted:

x23 or x27 depending on your rep situation is the one-stop solution, though do whatever you want with a lot of these prisms because you don't need 7 eidolon-meta amps, but you do want mastery.

personally I'm a fan of the 627 because it does everything I need an amp to do. dolons, kuva siphons/floods, looking cool.

drat, I was focusing on the scaffold 3, because that would compensate for my terrible aim problems. I'll have to look into this. Thanks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eidolons are uh, pretty big and you should be standing right under them pretty much to shoot. basically your whole screen is eidolon when you look up.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a non-painful way to get ambulas keys?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretend that boss fight doesnt exist until you just build up a bunch of nav beacons from them showing up randomly for you

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it took me a long time to recognize chroma parasailing in the top left

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel kind of like a dumbass for this question, but when you guys are talking about 222 are you referring to the tier of vendor that you can buy the part?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mesadoram posted:

I feel kind of like a dumbass for this question, but when you guys are talking about 222 are you referring to the tier of vendor that you can buy the part?

Kinda yeah. The first parts you can buy from the Quills make up the 111 amp, then the 2-4 are the rest of the Quills stuff in order, and the 5-7 are the amp parts that come from Little Duck in Fortuna. So an x27 amp is whichever prism you like most, the 2nd brace from the Quills, and the top level scaffold from Little Duck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mesadoram posted:

F123 are also just called 5, 6, 7

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

Kinda yeah. The first parts you can buy from the Quills make up the 111 amp, then the 2-4 are the rest of the Quills stuff in order, and the 5-7 are the amp parts that come from Little Duck in Fortuna. So an x27 amp is whichever prism you like most, the 2nd brace from the Quills, and the top level scaffold from Little Duck.

Ah that makes sense. Thank ya.

Improbable Lobster posted:

F123 are also just called 5, 6, 7

poo poo, thank ya man that is awesome

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

i dont normally repost art from reddit but this is too good
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/clzqkd/summerframe_beach_party/

these are all default color and highly stylized and I still can't figure some out D:

who is dancing with octavia?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

E: it's Banshee

prefect posted:

drat, I was focusing on the scaffold 3, because that would compensate for my terrible aim problems. I'll have to look into this. Thanks.

You could instead go for the 2 prism, the shwaak. It's kind of a mini plasmor and makes hitting the vomvalysts incredibly easy at short and medium ranges.

For non eidolon stuff I also like whichever prism is the pulse laser, the rahn or the centric I think. And the Phahd scaffold is a bouncy disk that seeks people out, does a decent job taking out small packs of anything without armor.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

these are all default color and highly stylized and I still can't figure some out D:

who is dancing with octavia?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have slowly accustomed myself to the prime variants, helmets, and some skins, so that banshee was kinda hard to figure out.

Also Wisp is praising the sun.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Looks like darvo is selling a Vay Hek ice cream.

Also please hurry Trinity and save Atlas :ohdear:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thought Inaros was turning Nekros into a sand dickbutt.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
  • Weekly
    • Enhance!: Collect 8 Rare Mods
    • Jailer: Complete 3 Capture Missions
    • Now Boarding: Complete 3 Different K-Drive Races
    • Tusk Thumpin': Kill a Tusk Thumper on the Plains of Eidolon
    • Venus Bounty Hunter: Complete 5 Different Bounties in the Orb Vallis
  • Elite Weekly
    • Eximus Executioner: Kill 100 Eximus
    • Walk Without Rhythm: Kill a Tusk Thumper Doma in the Plains of Eidolon
I don't think I've ever seen a Tusk Thumper Doma and wiki makes no mention of how to find one. Do you just look around the most high-level place in the plains?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a map around (probably in the Discord pins) showing where the Thumpers spawn. Looks like a pretty easy week.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah this week is pretty drat lenient

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The race one is the hardest, followed by the vallis bounties, so yeah this one is really easy. Expecting a lot of full completes.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Everything but the races is fine, since the races require using a kdrive and no one should be subjected to that.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
To find high level thumpers you need to start up a high level bounty and then ignore the objectives. Thumpers rarely spawn when you're in archwing, so use your k-drive to search for them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spore ephemera gives you a glowy energy aura in addition to constantly spewing out spores

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Haha, I've been grinding so much in Sanctuary that I now have a set to make a second Khora.

...I can probably come up with 6 Khora builds.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
So I've gotten a bunch of rivens from sorties, but never really explored that system since I didn't understand it. For my first one, I decided to try rolling the Tombfinger riven I had since that's pretty high up on the tier list, and eventually got one that is (at max rank): +66.2% crit damage, + 162.3% damage, +58.1% toxin, and negative 69.1% puncture. The damage and crit damage look promising, but I wasn't sure about puncture since it looks like Tombfinger uses a good amount of puncture damage. Should I stick with this roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Mr. Met posted:

So I've gotten a bunch of rivens from sorties, but never really explored that system since I didn't understand it. For my first one, I decided to try rolling the Tombfinger riven I had since that's pretty high up on the tier list, and eventually got one that is (at max rank): +66.2% crit damage, + 162.3% damage, +58.1% toxin, and negative 69.1% puncture. The damage and crit damage look promising, but I wasn't sure about puncture since it looks like Tombfinger uses a good amount of puncture damage. Should I stick with this roll?

based on my gaze riven that gets about the same ranking from the bot your riven will also make the gun extremely good even if it isn't a godlike riven that will sell for 1k+ plat

keep rolling if you want but that's a good roll to fall back on