Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1157618160041910272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
"It's not a useless student debt program it's a useless black empowerment program."

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/revised30/status/1157703088574255104

quote:

Liberal Democrat acccount mostly for amplifying maginilized voices through retweeting and faving Occasionally I'll sprinkle my own personality in he/him/his

This is a cumtown psyop

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Chilling stuff.

https://twitter.com/Shaker_aphra/status/1157624165777772544?s=19

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
truly chilling stuff.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love this poo poo because of the disingenuous attitudes that libs consistently have when the left outmanoeuvres them. It reminds me of whenever centrist Labour MPs are even slightly threatened of being ousted from their seat by their own members and they freak the gently caress out and call it Stalinist. As if your local party going "we don't want you to represent us in the next election" is the same as Beria having his way with you and shipping you off a gulag. Just lol you loving child.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Gorn Myson posted:

I love this poo poo because of the disingenuous attitudes that libs consistently have when the left outmanoeuvres them. It reminds me of whenever centrist Labour MPs are even slightly threatened of being ousted from their seat by their own members and they freak the gently caress out and call it Stalinist. As if your local party going "we don't want you to represent us in the next election" is the same as Beria having his way with you and shipping you off a gulag. Just lol you loving child.

*some leftists on twitter make fun of my latest nyt column*
I HAVE BEEN BEHEADED BY JACOBINS

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

haha holy poo poo a Shakesville mod in the wild. I don't think a more damaged kind of lib feminist brain exists, even McEwan is second to the kind of person who would be her apostles

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

These replies feel extremely astroturfed
From what i have read it's mostly :qq: and I get the feeling it's also mostly anger tears because they are realizing their blue candidate is hosed.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Aug 3, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

haha holy poo poo a Shakesville mod in the wild. I don't think a more damaged kind of lib feminist brain exists, even McEwan is second to the kind of person who would be her apostles

well, that's a record, that means I can make her a TERF in precisely zero tweets

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://twitter.com/danielmenaker/status/1157720379663835136

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

the fandom is always so much worse than the person it has focused on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo this septuagenarian is a Poster

https://twitter.com/danielmenaker/status/1156741058899918848

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I want to trade dads with Will

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

is there a recent pod with matt and nick on it? i thought i saw that somewhere and cant find it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ptkfvk posted:

is there a recent pod with matt and nick on it? i thought i saw that somewhere and cant find it

grubstakers jeffrey epstein part 2 episode

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

Nick rules because he's basically chronically depressed all the time except when he gets to talk about pedos.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Doctor Jeep posted:

thanks

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
:ohdear:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1157847267065434112?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1158052002602950658?s=20

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

oh boy dollop live shows for 2.5 hours of hooting over a 2 paragraph wikipedia article.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I hope that Gareth has that Owain Glyndwr tat in real life

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!
Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for historical podcasts on:

1) The Muslim Conquests and/or the great Caliphates (Umayyad, Abbasid, etc)
2) The Indian Subcontinent anything from the classical period to early modern
3) Eastern Europe
4) The Korean peninsula

If you have any other recommendations for good historical podcasts that aren't about Classical Antiquity in the Mediterranean/America/China/Western Europe, feel free to recommend them too.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

This podcast is so, so boring

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

oh boy dollop live shows for 2.5 hours of hooting over a 2 paragraph wikipedia article.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

This podcast is so, so boring

their chemistry is good but they are in deathly need of new bits

they've been running the same poo poo since they started

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i listen to the dollop for the funny riffs

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Dollops got some goot poo poo but they tend to let their bits go on for too long before moving on with the narrative anyways that's my take namaste

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the huey long episode is really good

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
haven't listened to dollop in a while but I listened to the Lyndon larouche ep yesterday and it was pretty good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

whoa whoa the Kyle Kordsmeier interview on pod drat is seriously one of the best stories i've ever heard

this link has been up for over a year now so i assume it has tacit endorsements

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Elemennop posted:

3) Eastern Europe
4) The Korean peninsula

If you have any other recommendations for good historical podcasts that aren't about Classical Antiquity in the Mediterranean/America/China/Western Europe, feel free to recommend them too.

Are you looking for single episodes, entire series, or take whatever you can get?

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!

Soap Scum posted:

Are you looking for single episodes, entire series, or take whatever you can get?

Entire series preferably, but if there's like a run of episodes in some larger work, I'll take that. Single episodes I'm not terribly interested in, since I probably know whatever there is to be crammed into a single episode summary.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool dance moves posted:

Dollops got some goot poo poo but they tend to let their bits go on for too long before moving on with the narrative anyways that's my take namaste

id listen to an edited version without gareth

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Elemennop posted:

Entire series preferably, but if there's like a run of episodes in some larger work, I'll take that. Single episodes I'm not terribly interested in, since I probably know whatever there is to be crammed into a single episode summary.

Ah, sorry, nothing for me to offer then :( good luck!

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Elemennop posted:

Not a podcast but the Caspian report channel on Youtube did a history of early Islam series that I thought was pretty good.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Elemennop posted:

3) Eastern Europe
4) The Korean peninsula

"Topics in Korean History" used to be the Ask/Tell history thread's gold standard for Korean history podcasts, but it looks like like the creator moved on and now I can't find streamable episodes from it anywhere.

It's not quite history but the "History of philosophy without any gaps" did a great series on the origins and evolution of Islamic philosophy.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Discourse Collective just updated for the first time since February. It's a minute long clip of two of them testing out their mics with the theme music playing in the background. I guess they're coming back?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Yadoppsi posted:

It's not quite history but the "History of philosophy without any gaps" did a great series on the origins and evolution of Islamic philosophy.

was going to recommend this. its one of the best podcasts around, hands down -- accessible to interested laypeople while still being precise enough and interesting if you have a background in any of the fields he covers. does a long series of episodes on islamic philosophy, and spinoffs/alternate episodes for india, africa, and recently china

would be interested if you find a good history podcast since ive tried a few audiobooks from audible and they were cartoonishly either orientalist or otherwise Othering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The "philosophy in the Islamic world" section of hopwag is especially good because iirc that's the host's realm of expertise academically. And including the non-Muslim thinkers in the region was a great move since it gives a sense of how the ideas were crossing and translating between religions.