Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There has to be a legitimately hostile enemy at the end because it's a Shonen. We had a physical threat in Tsukasa for this first bit and now these originating villagers and their chiefs.

I'm betting on the petrifying ray being either invented for the purpose of resetting the earth safely with good intentions (i.e. maybe convince humanity to basically mothball everything and petrify in an organized manner with self-reviving mechanisms for several hundred years to fix the environment), or someone created it with the intent to be godking of a new world. I'd be willing to bet money we get a "Senkuu and the Science Nation vs. Enemy faction kitted out with old-world or better tech they actually understand" thing. Like they make it to South America and basically find a civilization that has been running the whole 3000 years as basically anime-wakanda or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Someone petrified the world to save us all from dying in climate change based disaster.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm not saying it's aliens... but it's aliens.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's a spirit bomb that didn't stop absorbing energy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Kohaku with a gun is going to be able to handle pretty much anything short of an alien invasion.

Doubly so if they go back to base to pick up Tsukasa. Which they kinda maybe should.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

Kohaku with a gun is going to be able to handle pretty much anything short of an alien invasion.

Doubly so if they go back to base to pick up Tsukasa. Which they kinda maybe should.

Suika is alreaady good at infiltration. just give her a gun

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Excited to see what kind of gun the master kaseki will make

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Suika is alreaady good at infiltration. just give her a gun

She has to procure her equipment on-site, to remain a deniable asset.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

Your next line is... "Thanks to you, I've acquired the achievement of the first human to be revived twice!"
This was a wonderful Ryusui moment, but Jesus. "Acquired the achievement?" Every time I read a line or see a page posted from the scans I am happier that I finally made the call to only read the official release.

Also re: the chapter- Hope they get Yuzuriha back quick or some of their team is gonna be washed away before they can be revived. I wonder if we'll ever see a character lose a limb because they couldn't get it back and had to revive them incomplete. Would the wound close up upon revival? I imagine it would, waking up to a bleeding stump would be horrific.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 8, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If we have nitric acid and sulfuric acid, couldn't we just make TNT or dynamite and wrap this arc up with a bang? I'm kinda unenthused at the idea of building a drone.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

They’d need the arrow guy to aim the TNT properly.

Episode 6 was pretty cool, I’m surprised this manga has such good pacing as an anime.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Billzasilver posted:

They’d need the arrow guy to aim the TNT properly.

If you feel the need to aim, you're not using enough TNT.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Vengarr posted:

If you feel the need to aim, you're not using enough TNT.

You can never have enough TNT. :smug:

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
If you have too much TNT then you go right back to needing to aim again.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I'm guessing the manga thread for this is the only thread right? Anime watcher here. Love this so far. I feel like there is going to be a lot of "Fish out of water" situations which is a big favorite of mine. Latest episode montage with Chrome going increasingly :aaa: was great. It feels like I'm watching "Civilization: the Anime"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

StarMinstrel posted:

I'm guessing the manga thread for this is the only thread right? Anime watcher here. Love this so far. I feel like there is going to be a lot of "Fish out of water" situations which is a big favorite of mine. Latest episode montage with Chrome going increasingly :aaa: was great. It feels like I'm watching "Civilization: the Anime"

My man, you’re in for a fun ride.

New chapter ought to drop soon, too.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Civ the anime: Senku encounters a goody hut and gets resources.

Next: Time to power through the tech tree to medicine, completely ignoring everything else.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Dr. Stone 117 Kingdom of Science's Counter-Attack!

It's out! Soyuz got that good good memory.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Raposa posted:

Dr. Stone 117 Kingdom of Science's Counter-Attack!

It's out! Soyuz got that good good memory.

I'm worried something's going to happen to Kaseki's arm that's being grabbed, or something's already happened to the arm off frame. :ohdear:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

StarMinstrel posted:

I'm surprised someone hasn't redone the opening with Baba Yetu yet.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm surprised someone hasn't redone the opening with Baba Yetu yet.

Much as I love Baba Yetu, and Civ 4, I gotta admit I like Civ 6's theme better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I love this show/manga for turning Chrome into a good boy ally. He could have been so one-note and disposable, but it made me happy to have him in Science Club by the end.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Clitch posted:

I love this show/manga for turning Chrome into a good boy ally. He could have been so one-note and disposable, but it made me happy to have him in Science Club by the end.

Uh I assume you mean Ryusui?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Oh my god, what if the depetrification rejuvenates Kaseki?!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

At the least, it might heal all his scars and wrinkles

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I am not ready for smooth Kaseki

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
this is just the anime version of harry potter and the methods of rationality

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I am not ready for smooth Kaseki

We can always use more Kaseki.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

RatHat posted:

Uh I assume you mean Ryusui?

He's talking aboot the latest ep of the anime, which introduced Chrome and the other villagers.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Socks4Hands posted:

this is just the anime version of harry potter and the methods of rationality

:getout:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I found one of the official translators for dr stone, and his Twitter is extremely cool

https://twitter.com/cdcubed/status/1158124011483623424?s=21
https://twitter.com/cdcubed/status/1158124129913991168?s=21

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Followed! Thanks for posting.

Dr Stone is so good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Caleb is cool, he's also the translator for My Hero Academia and a couple other series.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

it stings because you know it's true

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

No?
A protagonist with knowledge of actual science grounded in reality*, who sees the value in other human beings with different talents and skillsets is kind of the opposite of Rational Wizard Child.
Senku's only skill is basically being a human textbook, he's not a weird omnipotent little ubermensch. He relies on everyone else to actually achieve anything. Also he has TWO forehead scars instead of a measly one.

*i mean his science theory + knowledge is grounded in reality even though he exists in a world where people can kick trees in half and a space ray turned everyone into statues but that's just anime for you.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Libra posted:

Senku's only skill is basically being a human textbook, he's not a weird omnipotent little ubermensch. He relies on everyone else to actually achieve anything.

The supporting cast being so drat good is honestly why I love the series so much. Senku's fun, but it's SO much better when he's playing straight man to Taiju, or when Gen gets to play straight man to Senku, or when literally any of the other characters gets called in to put their talents to use in enjoyable ways.

Kinro and Ginro are two of my favorites in this regard, but also Suika and Kaseki and Ryusui and well okay if I keep going I'll pretty much name 80% of the cast.

Really the only ones who never get much chance to shine are Jasper, all the gemstone girls (Turquoise, Ruby, Garnet, etc) and Ruri. After the 100 stories were passed on to Senku, Ruri fell off the face of the earth. I was hoping with her monstrous strength she'd team up with her sister to be ridiculous gorilla girl battlers but that didn't happen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
After a decade of having a low grade pneumonia Ruri shouldn't be able to do hardly anything due to the scar tissue she'd have undoubtedly accumulated in her lungs.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Libra posted:

No?
A protagonist with knowledge of actual science grounded in reality*, who sees the value in other human beings with different talents and skillsets is kind of the opposite of Rational Wizard Child.
Senku's only skill is basically being a human textbook, he's not a weird omnipotent little ubermensch. He relies on everyone else to actually achieve anything. Also he has TWO forehead scars instead of a measly one.

*i mean his science theory + knowledge is grounded in reality even though he exists in a world where people can kick trees in half and a space ray turned everyone into statues but that's just anime for you.

That Senku isn't a one man army and needs other peoples skills is exactly why this manga is good.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Senku and chrome making that terrible poop shaped glass is still the funniest moment in this series. And then kaseki makes perfect glass beakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

That Senku isn't a one man army and needs other peoples skills is exactly why this manga is good.

New chapter. My quote is on the mark.

:perfect:

Also the artwork for this chapter was insanely good.