Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Mank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a shameful cheesy chips where the cheese isn't melted

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Jose posted:

It's a shameful cheesy chips without curry sauce!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cheesy chips go best with garlic sauce imo

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
cheesy chips is what my family calls nachos. what do they call nachos in the uk?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mycroft Holmes posted:

cheesy chips is what my family calls nachos. what do they call nachos in the uk?

cheeky nachos

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Nachos

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Are you using the correct definition of chips?

On that note, some grated cheddar mixed into a bag of salt and vinegar crisps is pretty good

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Lizzie Crunches

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jose posted:

Cheese on any dish that's hot should be melted.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

DesperateDan posted:

Are you using the correct definition of chips?

On that note, some grated cheddar mixed into a bag of salt and vinegar crisps is pretty good

Lol :wtf:

You are an animal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bryter posted:

Local chud discovers one weird trick to get the EU to give you whatever terms you want!

Barnier hates him!

https://twitter.com/FraserNelson/status/1157636911391039489?s=19

drat, you guys should demand that they also give you Spain.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

how long does insulin last in storage

because you have that long after no-deal to train as a gravedigger if you wanna be part of britains newest/only booming industry post-brexit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey now, there's also long pig sous-chef.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Gordon Ramsey: This long pig is so raw it could vote Leave again.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

long pig sous-chef.

excellent username

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SardonicTyrant posted:

Gordon Ramsey: This long pig is so raw it could vote Leave again.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Leo Varadkar, the Irish PM that Brexiters love to hate was at the Pride march in Belfast yesterday. Just walking along with the parade and posing for selfies and hugs with no visible security. And looking pretty buff as well.

I really can't imagine any British PM doing something equivalent to this in NI. BoJo was here last week and was flown in to a secure location cut off from the public.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Blue shirt eh?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

in the words of the poet:

hey blue shirt, how you doing blue shirt

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1157756722695614466

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Heptarchy, baby!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the saddest thing about Northern Irish unionists is that no one else really gives a gently caress about ni or remembers they exist half the time

and even then it's just the place with the terrorism and the 19th century abortion laws

if may hadn't hosed up the election and ended up in hock to the dup she could probably have sold them back to the Republic and no one would have noticed

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

XMNN posted:

the saddest thing about Northern Irish unionists is that no one else really gives a gently caress about ni or remembers they exist half the time

and even then it's just the place with the terrorism and the 19th century abortion laws

if may hadn't hosed up the election and ended up in hock to the dup she could probably have sold them back to the Republic and no one would have noticed

Not even a unionist and I've still found the indifference and ignorance of English people towards NI to be staggering. God only knows what it's like to be a flag waving prod and spend some time there only to realise that the people you imagined you had some sort of cultural unity with barely register your existence.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bryter posted:

Not even a unionist and I've still found the indifference and ignorance of English people towards NI to be staggering. God only knows what it's like to be a flag waving prod and spend some time there only to realise that the people you imagined you had some sort of cultural unity with barely register your existence.

Just goes to show how much they really aren't British.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

work has an office in Belfast and I wonder how that works. are they all catholic? all Protestant? very carefully ignorant of their coworkers’ religion/politics?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're all brexit

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I swear this country somehow has a nation-spanning carbon monoxide leak

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

I swear this country somehow has a nation-spanning carbon monoxide leak

The whole western world has a carbon monoxide leak then. Pretty soon the rich will decide it's more cost efficient to turn the poor into a nutrient rich oil to grease factory robots and politicians around the western world will just nod, smile and go 'They're jobcreators, we have to listen to their plans.'

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

An insane mind posted:

The whole western world has a carbon monoxide leak then. Pretty soon the rich will decide it's more cost efficient to turn the poor into a nutrient rich oil to grease factory robots and politicians around the western world will just nod, smile and go 'They're jobcreators, we have to listen to their plans.'

Sho nuff

Although actually I change my statement to better reflect my traditional stance which is that all of this is being caused by the endogenous lead in the brains of certain segments of the population.

And possibly iodine, I'm still confused about that one

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I can't tell if those are the thoughts of someone who's really dumb or really inclusive and accepting...

Help.

E: Wait, nm, I looked at the username.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
That's one hell of a username for anyone other than a mortician.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

ynohtna posted:

That's one hell of a username for anyone other than a mortician.

:golfclap: Genuinely impressed with that one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nomnom Cookie posted:

work has an office in Belfast and I wonder how that works. are they all catholic? all Protestant? very carefully ignorant of their coworkers’ religion/politics?
:chloe:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

not sure the recent turn from the pro-EU crowd towards unilateral revocation is a good move

in fact, it seems like a very bad one, only really good for keeping to the remain side of labour

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

V. Illych L. posted:

not sure the recent turn from the pro-EU crowd towards unilateral revocation is a good move

in fact, it seems like a very bad one, only really good for keeping to the remain side of labour

People's Vote was always worse though, it was remainers trying to force the public to view the first vote as illegitimate due to shaky reasoning and then just sort of hoping enough old people had died to mean the slight polling lead that remain has reflects reality unlike last time. They're also out of time to hold it anyway.

If you want to remain then it's better just to say so and argue the case as it now stands - no deal is now worse than no Brexit so don't do it.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

namesake posted:

People's Vote was always worse though, it was remainers trying to force the public to view the first vote as illegitimate due to shaky reasoning and then just sort of hoping enough old people had died to mean the slight polling lead that remain has reflects reality unlike last time. They're also out of time to hold it anyway.

If you want to remain then it's better just to say so and argue the case as it now stands - no deal is now worse than no Brexit so don't do it.

honestly labour's current position seems pretty sound to me, with at least a theoretical possibility of not sparking a fascist insurgency and also avoiding no-deal & possibly brexit altogether

the second referendum issue has been somewhat tainted by simply being a remain vehicle, but now that lot are all going for explicitly ignoring the referendum, and it's going to be hard for the parties to keep up

i would be *pissed* if my side won a contentious referendum and it was then just overturned; reasoning that 'we tried, here is what we actually can get' warrants another go seems rather more reasonable if it can be adequately communicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

https://youtu.be/8yXYAK757Oc

At 2:03