Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Went to the Bay Area last week and made a friend who lives in the East Bay. He wants me to go to Hoodslam next time I'm in the city and I wanna know if Hoodslam is good

If you are going to Hoodslam for a good wrestling show, there's a decent chance you'll be disappointed. If you are going to Hoodslam for a good time, you will have a great loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hoodslam rules

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What's the most protected finisher of all time?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

here comes the spunk posted:

dirty deeds was incredibly protected in wwe, I dont remember dean ever using it without winning with it.

then in his first post wwe match it's the setup to his real finisher lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

One Winged Angel, probably?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Razor's Edge.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I'm going to go to Hoodslam

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Did anybody ever kick out of Nash's powerbomb?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

taker survived two but i think nash decided to just not go for the pin like a loving idiot

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Didn't 'Taker kick out at 'Mania?

just got the new Bryan "Super Chico" Alvarez book, off-topic.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Hogan's leg drop?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

von erich claw was super protected

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Piledriver in Memphis. That move is a sawed off shotgun there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My gut says the Overdrive, since I don't think anyone ever rose up enough on the cards to be in a position where someone might kick out of it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Goldberg's Jackhammer comes to mind, at least during his invincible WCW run.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Anybody ever kick out of Yokozuna's Banzai Drop? To me that was always one of the most devastating finishers because...well, it's believable.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

No one kicked out of the Burning Hammer right? The original Kobashi version I mean.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

falcon arrow

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From Chico's newest book

Bryan Alvarez posted:

Chris was very close friends with Eddie Guerrero, and when
Eddie died he was absolutely devastated. He told me that he kept
a journal and that every day he would write an entry to Eddie.
He said he knew Eddie couldn’t read it, but it helped him to get
through the trauma of his friend’s death. One day he asked me for
my address, and shortly thereafter he sent me a card from Eddie’s
funeral, a chair with Eddie’s likeness on it from the PPV where
Eddie beat Brock Lesnar to win the WWE title, and a handwritten
letter. I’ve never published this before, but this is what he wrote:
Life is the journey we perceive it to be. I got so much of
my perception from Eddie. Eddie shared so much of his
life and his life’s experiences with me. He was never too
proud or never too ashamed to open up and share with
me his experiences, at times revealing his deepest wounds.
I am so blessed, so fortunate to have had Eddie’s influence
in my life. I pray to God that each one of my children find
a friend in life, like I have in Eddie.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's the most protected finisher

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cavauro posted:

here's the most protected finisher

I kind of wanted this to be a loop of Brock just running around in a circle

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blast Fantasto posted:

I kind of wanted this to be a loop of Brock just running around in a circle

"Some days you just can't get rid of A-Train!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't remember anyone kicking out of Jake Roberts' DDT. Not even Undertaker in Jake's final WWF match, he just did the good old "Heel hits his finisher and decides to fart around gloating until the other guy finally gets up"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

I don't remember anyone kicking out of Jake Roberts' DDT. Not even Undertaker in Jake's final WWF match, he just did the good old "Heel hits his finisher and decides to fart around gloating until the other guy finally gets up"

Undertaker literally no sells the DDT. Actual kick outs happened in WCW. Believe Sting did and I am pretty sure one other person.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

no one in new japan kicks out of the gotch style piledriver, tho it happened during the suzuki gun invasion of noah. it just becomes increasingly unlikely he'll sucessfully hit it on a top level guy as he's gotten older and moved down the card

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He'll always hit it on BUSHI though

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The 3D was pretty protected

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

An Actual Bear posted:

No one kicked out of the Burning Hammer right? The original Kobashi version I mean.

Nope. Seven times, seven wins.

The real ripcord Rainmaker is really protected too, they haven’t done too many “too tired to go for the pin” spots with it and I don’t think anybody has kicked out of that real version.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Thauros posted:

no one in new japan kicks out of the gotch style piledriver, tho it happened during the suzuki gun invasion of noah. it just becomes increasingly unlikely he'll sucessfully hit it on a top level guy as he's gotten older and moved down the card

its funny, all this WK speculation is hitting and Suzuki is still cutting promos about how his vengeance is still going. I'm getting the sense that the lynchipin of the two day WK is Suzuki who has been protected and not at all exposed during this G1 and you can slot him in anywhere and it will rule.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Went to the Bay Area last week and made a friend who lives in the East Bay. He wants me to go to Hoodslam next time I'm in the city and I wanna know if Hoodslam is good

Hoodslam is a wrestling show for drunk people who don't give a poo poo about wrestling. It's fun.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

It's not overly protected in MMA unfortunately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcHUAWSHZRg

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

harperdc posted:

The real ripcord Rainmaker is really protected too, they haven’t done too many “too tired to go for the pin” spots with it and I don’t think anybody has kicked out of that real version.

i want to say omega did once in the 2/3 falls match but in general you can look at a NJPW finisher and, if it's hit with ALL of it's proper setup, people generally don't kick out. rope breaks, interference, too-tired-to-pin, etc., but actual kicking out is saved for the biggest matches. they just also do a bunch of almost-setup versions where you just think, wait, does that count??? is this gonna pin???

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Takuan posted:

Hoodslam is a wrestling show for drunk people who don't give a poo poo about wrestling. It's fun.

This is me.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

oldpainless posted:

The 3D was pretty protected

Apparently Public Enemy’s last night in ECW in 1999 had them no selling the 3D to cut a promo without permission. The Dudleyz legit beat the poo poo out of them in the ring afterwards.

Yeah, it was protected.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have a drink or two, smoke or vape some weed, and enjoy hoodslam. It's quite an experience!

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

so pancrase was a work, right?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Justin Godscock posted:

Apparently Public Enemy’s last night in ECW in 1999 had them no selling the 3D to cut a promo without permission. The Dudleyz legit beat the poo poo out of them in the ring afterwards.

Yeah, it was protected.

Low-rent Nasty Boys seemed to burn a lot of bridges wherever they went.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lost my old email posted:

so pancrase was a work, right?

No, for the most part it was a shoot. Sometimes they would do a planned winner if they wanted to get a title off someone, and some matches they'd not plan a winner but kind of try to have a good fight to give the crowd what they wanted but it was mostly a shoot.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm literally 3,000 posts behind, so apologies if my dumb question or any subsequent dumb questions have been asked.

Dumb question: Exactly how good/bad is Asuka's English? She was just on an episode of Miz and Mrs. and really seemed incapable of understanding Miz. That's no dig on her, if you asked me to have a conversation in Japanese it would sound like a Delirious promo both ways, I was just surprised because I thought her problem was the overly scripted WWE bullshit they demand you memorize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
English isn’t ready for Asuka.