Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

im on the net me boys posted:

I've been thinking about this for like two hours and I still don't understand why someone expressing leftist views would go shoot up a bar. what the gently caress could have happened

https://www.whio.com/news/local/bellbrook-police-conduct-investigation-home/74z9iRBtYqBqxOQ6kSsdzL/

he was a psychopath that displayed signs of mental instability but was still able to buy multiple guns.

The trigger has to be something with the sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

to be clear, i'm not disputing that this dude had leftist beliefs, liked sanders, etc. after all, i've met enough berniebros that are loving indistiguishable from the chuddiest of MAGAs.

i'm just saying that wanting to raise the minimum wage doesn't mean you don't also wish you could kill anita sarkeesian

He was a warrenbro

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol it's possible to have good politics and be a tremendous pos and/or crazy. especially if those politics are trendy, like leftism kinda is on Twitter tbh.
one problem you might notice around IRL left-wing stuff is that it attracts people who are broken in a lot of ways, because they've had the rug pulled out from under them in their lives.

this is also why i'm most interested in the study of organizations. how does an organization talk? how does it behave? the people doing the sparkle hands at DSA can be embarrassing to some but i think they probably do a decent enough job, considering the circumstances, of weeding out toxic people who just start dabbing all of a sudden and shouting slurs because they have bad brains (as opposed to weaponizing them like far right groups)

if you read history you could see some absolutely insanely murderous left-wing groups

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

I've been thinking about this for like two hours and I still don't understand why someone expressing leftist views would go shoot up a bar. what the gently caress could have happened
didnt beria go around abducting women and doing unspeakable things to them. idk about the sincerity of his ideological indoctrination or commitment though

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Has anyone considered he just thought being a Warren supporters would guarantee him some pussy?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i've also seen some left-wing anarchists do the sicko columbine thing in russia, but that may be more of a russian thing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

He was a warrenbro

a warrenwaffen

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you don't have to trust me but I dug into that Twitter account for the last few hours and it's legit and the shooter.
:same:
he interacted with a number of twitter leftists and even met one dude in person
https://twitter.com/mitchysuch/status/1158143772397641728
unlike the el paso killer he doesn't seem to have had a political motivation. maybe he'd been thinking about it for a while and decided after el paso that it was time for him to perform the traditional suicide ritual of the white american male.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

do i need to introduce you to a nice, rotund gentleman named SARGON OF AKKAD?]

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

He was a warrenbro

okay, but same principal applies

just cause you support good people doesn't mean you're a good person and Charlesthehammer pointed out

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

compare it to how the left is anti-patriarchy and anti-rape, but rapists and misogynists still have to be actively watched for and chased out of left spaces. because if they aren't, they will enter those spaces, say all the right stuff when needed, and prey on people if given the chance

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

he’s right supporting a politician doesn’t make you a good person automatically, especially for single issue voters

it's pretty clear that "berniebros and trump lovers are the same, actually" is a lie fronted by shithead liberals that has been debunked more enough times that we don't need to hash this poo poo out again.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

it's pretty clear that "berniebros and trump lovers are the same, actually" is a lie fronted by shithead liberals that has been debunked more enough times that we don't need to hash this poo poo out again.

Sure, but he's not a Berniebro

So really it's "Warren and Trump lovers are the same, actually"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
murdering your sister and shooting up a bar is not ~praaaxisssss~

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

MizPiz posted:

Sure, but he's not a Berniebro

War and Piss

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MizPiz posted:

can't argue with facts

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Simple, easy access to guns, history of violent fantasies/idolization, and something to set them off. We may never know what it was but the shooting involving the boyfriend and sister is obviously a clue. Could be anger at them and their friends for something as dumb as not including them to a party held at that night club.

If you’re worried about what family says who use this to criticize the left, simply say that the solution is gun control, mental healthcare for all citizens, and to take isolated white males killing people seriously. Unlike the right, you don’t try to excuse the acts of murderers because they happen to share some politics with you.

It’s never going to work because the right and center will use whatever they can to impugn is while excusing every behavior under the sun. But at least it’s a defense!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/mitchysuch/status/1158148848839266306
lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When was the last time a leftist killed a lot of people? Name one. :smug: *leans back in my swivel chair satisfactorily*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

It's called being an American

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

compare it to how the left is anti-patriarchy and anti-rape, but rapists and misogynists still have to be actively watched for and chased out of left spaces. because if they aren't, they will enter those spaces, say all the right stuff when needed, and prey on people if given the chance

people may have completely forgot about how a bunch of left twitter/DSA folks got outed as sex pests a few years ago and chased out of those circles

which was because the Harvey Weinstein expose got published a few weeks or months later and kind of blew everything that came before it away in terms of scale, sort of zeroed out everyone’s memory of sex pestery

also because in Hellworld a day is four months of news long so of course so much insane poo poo gets flushed down the memory hole

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
from what i understand the dayton shooting wasn't politically motivated? the dude had a highschool hit list & maybe was a misogynist

like, one of the people he killed was his sister

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

crime weed posted:

from what i understand the dayton shooting wasn't politically motivated? the dude had a highschool hit list & maybe was a misogynist

i mean yeah pretty much. like if elliot rodger shot his roommates and then some random people because he was angry at them or jealous of them, that'd just be murder. but it became political / terroristic (although he was a "hybrid" due to killing his roommates, whom he was jealous of and hated) because he wrote this manifesto declaring himself as the champion of the incels

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Taintrunner posted:

Bernie bros are the same thing.

it just turns out there where a lot less of them than libs would have you believe

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

crime weed posted:

This forum has heard "not politically motivated" for obviously politically motivated stuff for so long it's hard to accept that it can be true

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

MizPiz posted:

Has anyone considered he just thought being a Warren supporters would guarantee him some pussy?

it does all come across as a bit performative, like these were the ideals he was supposed to accept to be 'normal' or 'cool'... then his sister starts dating a black guy and that all poo poo just melts away.

she was probably the main target of his abuse all her life.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bernie bros are the same thing.

it just turns out there where a lot less of them than libs would have you believe

There are jerks that support every political candidate.

singling out Bernie supporters and giving them some dumb name is some liberal bullshit you shouldn’t be falling for.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Grondoth posted:

This forum has heard "not politically motivated" for obviously politically motivated stuff for so long it's hard to accept that it can be true
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

singling out Bernie supporters and giving them some dumb name is some liberal bullshit you shouldn’t be falling for.

I mean Bernie Bros was just the Hillary campaign trying the Obama Bros thing again and it stuck this time because it didn’t come off as racist when applying it to Bernie supporters

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Grondoth posted:

"everything is political" :v:

but yea id be interested to know what political ideology would compel you to kill your own sister

like, did he leave behind a manifesto about how he was trying to reduce his family's carbon footprint or something

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

one of the more hosed up parts of the Dayton shooters account is that just yesterday he was retweeting and favoriting posts calling out right wing pundits for encouraging mass shooters

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

i feel like you're getting needlessly upset about this. bernie is fine, and it's fine to support him. but there were some bad apples who helped muddy the waters

but if you're worried about the term, then feel free to provide an alternative name to the phenomena

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well let's see how leftypol is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l3g3m8Vrgs

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Aug 5, 2019

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

bernie is fine, and it's fine to support him. but there were some bad apples who helped muddy the waters

lol

:abuela:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Interweb posted:

i feel like you're getting needlessly upset about this. bernie is fine, and it's fine to support him. but there were some bad apples who helped muddy the waters

but if you're worried about the term, then feel free to provide an alternative name to the phenomena

still with her in 2019 lmao log off dude

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

crime weed posted:

"everything is political" :v:

but yea id be interested to know what political ideology would compel you to kill your own sister

like, did he leave behind a manifesto about how he was trying to reduce his family's carbon footprint or something

one child policy

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Grondoth posted:

8ch going down will do some great things for the Q people.

if lowtax wants to make some money he should offer them safe haven here and jack up new account registration to $100 then just make a new subforum and quarantine them there. bing bing bong

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Aug 5, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i mean he could probably even do a f2p model, or just the standard tenbuxx with DLC content

it's like Dangan Ronpa except instead of weeb whispering you have to pay a dollar to see every new numberwang post

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

still with her in 2019 lmao log off dude

lol, i was a bernie guy (and still am)

i supported hillary only insofar as i support whoever went against trump

this is a dumb conversation, let's get back to more pressing issues, pls

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

well let's see how leftypol is doing

Grandpa-Simpson-Revolving-Door.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Grondoth posted:

one child policy
Any policy that would leave me alive while robbing the world of my siblings is anti-praxis.