Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I am hype, I hope this doesn't suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAJUvy4ibeA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im happy to try and get into gg again

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
guilty gear fighterz

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

id gently caress with that

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

guilty gear fighterz

nightmarish

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Looks like a 90 second long teaser trailer to me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Didn't Ishiwatari say he wanted to simply GG in it's next iteration? Pretty sure this is that game. What will be the fate of Zappa if he even makes it into the roster at this point?
The transition within the stage also did not escape me so they are putting all that work from DBZF to use.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Brought To You By posted:

Didn't Ishiwatari say he wanted to simply GG in it's next iteration? Pretty sure this is that game. What will be the fate of Zappa if he even makes it into the roster at this point?
The transition within the stage also did not escape me so they are putting all that work from DBZF to use.

he did say that: https://www.pcgamer.com/next-guilty-gear-game-will-be-less-complex-to-attract-wider-audience/

quote:

Speaking to Destructoid, Ishiwatari said that Guilty Gear games in the past have been "too complicated" for some players, and that Arc is keen to simplify them to "expand the userbase". Specifically, he wants to "reduce the number of systems" at play.

its hard to tell how much if this is PR speak garbage and how much is real honestly. its too early to know anything and believing anything they say about an unreleased project is hard (for me) after watching so many games through the announce->develop->release cycle.

quote:

"After releasing Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 it's clear what we need to improve on. The key is to win over more users because of the complex controls," he said. "But if we implement everything the game will no longer be Guilty Gear. It's hard to balance out all the improvements. One thing that we have to do in the next installment is to reduce the number of systems; it's too complicated for everyone. You can expect that in the next game."

this is annoying to think about, because the first thing he says in the other quote is talking about expanding the userbase, and the second thing is talking about making users happy. these are related but different. accessibility does little to get people in the door: ggxrd was pretty dead compared to big games like tekken, and yet had much more accessibility features like tutorials and poo poo. guilty gears reputation as a "hard game" is what keeps players at bay, not really much about the game itself. making users happy, if i had to speculate, has more to do with making combos less character specific/easier/bigger buffer on poo poo/all the typical garbage. some of the speculation ive seen around these quotes is about changing wakeup timings to be uniform and stuff like that, which seems mostly OK to me although kinda extra and not needed. it would be a shame if gg lost too much of its essence and turned into bland garbage like dbfz where all the characters are basically the same and arent allowed to be different and good at the same time.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm cautiously optimistic and to say it already has DBFZ auto combos and poo poo seems to be jumping the gun a little because honestly how do you know. The stage transition thing is...whatever. I've seen a lot of doom and gloom based on what is 40 seconds or so of what might not even be actual gameplay. I'm just happy to see they're working on something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

autocombos are the least of dbfz's problem

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I missed the Janemba thing, does he have the cool-looking cube teleport and does he have DMX - Party Up as his stage music a la every FMV

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The stage transitions seemed cool but idk if they'll end up being fun.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Kongming posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic and to say it already has DBFZ auto combos and poo poo seems to be jumping the gun a little because honestly how do you know.

1: the very first bit of the trailer that shows gameplay has sol punching while magically sliding forward in a way that looks very similar to autocombos in other arcsys games
2: the number of fighting games that came out in the last 4 years that don't have some kind of autocombo can be counted on one hand

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's kind of funny they added a RWBY villain to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and instead of the main antagonist it's a glorified mid-boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xrd has autocombos.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's good but I'm stil pissed at ArcSys for making Millia a useless turd in Rev2 and I need to climb the hype mountain one foot at a time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accessibility is only good if they give slayer bdc effects on his moves without making me bdc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

it's kind of funny they added a RWBY villain to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and instead of the main antagonist it's a glorified mid-boss

Thank god, she's a much more fun character than any of the actual villains

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she has a great design, cool moves, and doesn't have rwby writers trying to write dialogue for her. shes the best character in rwby

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
MKLeo is expressing his HANGRYNESS

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Guilty Gear having autocombos would probably be fine. Basically every combo-centric game has them now, including UNIST. Autocombos are not the source of DBFZ's many issues, though they do make the homogenized character design more immediately apparent.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Arc System Works made DBFZ, but they also made BBTAG, which is basically the opposite of DBFZ while still being an anime tag fighter - and DBFZ was always more about DB fanservice than anything else. There's a lot of room to streamline certain Guilty Gear mechanics without ruining the game (why the heck are jump installs still a thing?), and previous efforts to improve accessibility without really changing anything like stylish mode weren't very helpful in the long run.

That said, I really hope it's not a prequel like people are speculating, because introducing a Robo-Ky who is actually a great character with a significant story role and then going back in time before I get to play as him would be a dick move. I don't think they'll go that route, since it would mean a bunch of popular GG characters could never be added to the game, but Ky DOES look younger. Maybe there'll be segments that take place in the past, and characters like Ky will have two costumes? Or maybe it's just an art style shift? I suppose we will find out in a million years or so, when we find out more about the game and get some gameplay that isn't as probably-simulated as what we've seen.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zinkraptor posted:

That said, I really hope it's not a prequel like people are speculating, because introducing a Robo-Ky who is actually a great character with a significant story role and then going back in time before I get to play as him would be a dick move. I don't think they'll go that route, since it would mean a bunch of popular GG characters could never be added to the game, but Ky DOES look younger. Maybe there'll be segments that take place in the past, and characters like Ky will have two costumes? Or maybe it's just an art style shift? I suppose we will find out in a million years or so, when we find out more about the game and get some gameplay that isn't as probably-simulated as what we've seen.

pray for this reality

https://twitter.com/DatDaisy/status/1158199044763770881

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blockhouse posted:

The only Villain more fun than Neo is her partner, Roman Torchwick. Who I’m hoping against hope is going to be a second RWBY character in this set.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

'ky literally cannot cut his hair' is one of those special phrases that makes me want to pay attention to gg lore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's be clear. UNIST has autocombos but they are functionally useless. DBFZ has autocombos and they are a core design. There are normals in the game that do not exist outside of autocombo strings, combos are based around using autocombos. Like BBtag, which owns, bc everything around the autocombos is hard to do and exciting. So it doesn't mean anything for now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i have no idea how true anything is in that but sin getting a glowup and turning leo's weapons into a sword is a good future

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I want to play that Ky.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

'ky literally cannot cut his hair' is one of those special phrases that makes me want to pay attention to gg lore

While GG lore is fantastic and completely insane, that one isn't as cool as it sounds. He can cut his hair, it just grows back quickly because of some gear stuff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lord_Magmar posted:

The only Villain more fun than Neo is her partner, Roman Torchwick. Who I’m hoping against hope is going to be a second RWBY character in this set.

neo has roman's hat so don't bet on it

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Android 18 had 17's entire everything and he still became a thing so I say anything's possible. I don't know anything about RWBY, though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zinkraptor posted:

While GG lore is fantastic and completely insane, that one isn't as cool as it sounds. He can cut his hair, it just grows back quickly because of some gear stuff.

lol lame, i was expecting magic indestructible hair or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks for the tip on the ctb dlc sale.

Goons garden discord a good place to find matches for it and/or unist?

I played both games at launch for maybe 20-30 hrs but havent touched either since despite owning them both on two platforms so i really need to get back in

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are people in the goonsgarden discord who will play with you if you ask on either game. I still pretty actively play the game and a few others like Lant and croco do as well. If you need help you can ask and we'll answer what we can.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1158233960779882501

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

kirbysuperstar posted:

gently caress Evo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ah I see Wiz is comfortable making fake videos that could confuse people, but game leaks are a no go

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Let's be clear. UNIST has autocombos but they are functionally useless. DBFZ has autocombos and they are a core design. There are normals in the game that do not exist outside of autocombo strings, combos are based around using autocombos. Like BBtag, which owns, bc everything around the autocombos is hard to do and exciting. So it doesn't mean anything for now

Functionally useless my rear end, that one Phonon player took their pool match on stream with just autocombos :colbert:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the worst example of an auto combo has to be KoF XIV, where mashing 5LP will get you an auto combo ending in a super that does absolute trash damage. You can't combo off of it or exit the string to combo into anything else, it's effectively a trap for people who press 5LP more than once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

At least this Tweet didn't enthusiastically celebrate a domestic abuser!

Baby steps!