Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my mom's dog has lymphoma and she's putting him to sleep tomorrow

hope y'all have good doggos that live to the age of ~12-14 (they don't know the exact age since he was a rescue) and eat chicken livers on the regular because she gave that pupper a good life and it's a rewarding thing to do even if you have to watch them die in the end namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I'm looking for a new job, so I gave up weed just in case. Not being high through all of this poo poo this weekend fuckin blows.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Will we make it to the primaries before the economy absolutely shits itself?

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Thank god for wine, though.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

:agreed: but doing that all of the time after work/on days off has taken a toll though

lots of housework backed up, lots of projects that need doing :(

Get off the internet completely, a zero screen time day or two will get you rested and also bored enough to be productive

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good lord what a lovely snipe

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

another one of Reigen's special moves

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Can anarchists and their ideology deal w climate change on a global scale

in theory:

yes!

in practice:

lol, nothing can deal with with climate change lmao

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1158234125528002560

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i am loving the keyboard guy on the lizzo tiny desk thing. doing a good job of capturing the mood

reminds me of my dad's and my aunt's piano guy from when they did second city improv.

one day he just showed up in Van Der Kamp fisherman's rainslicker and stuck with it. like he was a competent pianio man, it was just really funny that he dressed up in a yellow rainslicker and plastic hat to every show

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
people were still talkin about two shootings was this not posted or is it not mass enough?

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/04/7-wounded-in-douglas-park-shooting/

quote:

‘A lot of nights end up this way’: 7 shot in Lawndale’s Douglas Park

Though Chicago police officers and park visitors gathered at a crime scene in Douglas Park on Sunday clashed more than once, they seemed to agree on at least one thing: It shouldn’t be like this.

Seven people had just been shot. An officer was telling a group of people waiting outside the yellow crime scene tape that Chicago doesn’t have to tolerate this volume of gun violence.

“People are supposed to be having fun,” he said, to audible approval. “Half of those people (shot) were just enjoying a barbecue.”

The gunshot victims had been visiting the park when a shooter from a black Camaro fired at them around 1:20 a.m. in the 2900 block of West Roosevelt Road in the Lawndale neighborhood, according to Chicago police. Investigators could not disclose whether there was more than one person shooting or if that person was a man or a woman, a police spokesman said.

Those shot included three women, ages 19, 22 and 25, and four men, ages 20, 21, 21 and 23. One of the 21-year-old men was in critical condition with a gunshot wound to his groin, police said. Five people were taken to area hospitals via ambulance, and two people arrived at hospitals in private vehicles, officials said.

After the shooting, red tape hugged a blue playground at Douglas Park near Richmond Street. Officers gathered near that intersection, a couple of them shining flashlights around the park while circling the play structure. Music continued to play, blaring from a speaker left near the park.

Douglas Park closes to visitors at 11 p.m., according to the Chicago Park District.

West Roosevelt Road was blocked off from California Avenue to Sacramento Boulevard, which angered at least one family, some of whom were visiting from Wisconsin and wanted to retrieve a car from inside the crime scene. The vehicle’s back window was shot up and they were waiting for an evidence technician to photograph the criminal damage.

As they waited, what sounded like more gunshots — about a dozen or so pops — rang out close by. No one budged except for a few officers, who jumped into their squad cars, activated their emergency lights and sped off.

Around that time, two people were shot a few blocks over, in the 1300 block of South Troy Street. A female of unknown age and a 26-year-old woman were standing on the street when they were hit by gunfire about 2:30 a.m., police said.

At Douglas Park, a man, 32, waiting with his relative from Wisconsin said he didn’t duck earlier when about two dozen gunshots rang out half a block from him.

“It’s not ‘Oh my God, they shooting here,’” said the 32-year-old, who declined to give his name. “It’s ‘Oh my God, they shooting here again.’”

The 32-year-old said he ran toward the gunfire to check on friends and family, as others, startled, were running away. He said he was relieved when he confirmed they were on the other side of the street, safe.

The native of the Austin neighborhood now lives in west suburban Westchester, he said. He returned to the West Side with his family late Saturday to enjoy a warm night at the park, near where some of his family lives. Unlike his relative from Wisconsin whose car was stuck inside an active crime scene, he parked farther from Douglas Park — a smart choice, as it turned out.

“We were chilling by the park,” he said. “It should have been a great night. But a lot of nights end up this way.”

Hours later, more ambulances roared down Ogden Avenue before pulling into Mount Sinai and Stroger hospitals. A squad car already parked in the lot near Stroger’s emergency room switched on its blue lights; another shooting on the West Side surfaced on the police scanner.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

in a way, arent we all twenty-four-year-old gamers

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

pillsburysoldier posted:

here's the audio
https://twitter.com/ericbradner/status/1158216987908218882

anderson cooperishly: "how could you say that"

this is good poo poo

beto needs, NEEDS, to run for senate in Texas

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYDa3cqT90

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96VIuO5GnI

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

discoukulele posted:

Thank god for wine, though.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
that dude actually played for me when i did a few shows as a kid and it was really cool feeling that connection to my dad and aunt

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Doc Walrus posted:

Congrats and thanks for not self harming any more! :unsmith:

I quit long before therapy but a few years of solid therapy with a good counselor really did wonders.

It didn't necessarily help my drinking problem (because I love drinking) but it really helped me to deal with the emotional pain I was feeling.
Not having to carry around a refrigerator of pain and blame has been absolutely amazing.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

Get off the internet completely, a zero screen time day or two will get you rested and also bored enough to be productive

i went and hosed around in the boundary waters for 7 days without even a cell signal after high school. the idea you can be just gone to the extent close family could die and be buried before you even find out about it is such a foreign concept it was a god damned lightning bolt to the brain. good perspective for stupid teenagers. 8chan, not great perspective.

thank you for coming to my TED talk

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
fisherman piano guy died on a house boat which was like so loving appropriate

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the great replacement sounds pretty good how can i help replace all these chuds

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

cumshitter posted:

that dude actually played for me when i did a few shows as a kid and it was really cool feeling that connection to my dad and aunt

lol you have an aunt

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ayn Randi posted:

people were still talkin about two shootings was this not posted or is it not mass enough?

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/04/7-wounded-in-douglas-park-shooting/

5 shooters would be more or less unprecedented if the motive is rampage/political.

If it's related to other non terrorist crimes it doesn't "count", still horrible tho

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

FAUXTON posted:

my mom's dog has lymphoma and she's putting him to sleep tomorrow

hope y'all have good doggos that live to the age of ~12-14 (they don't know the exact age since he was a rescue) and eat chicken livers on the regular because she gave that pupper a good life and it's a rewarding thing to do even if you have to watch them die in the end namaste

you are gonna make me cry

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I'm pickle dick

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

tacodaemon posted:

i wish, maybe then my dad would give me the keys to that 1995 Honda Accord he keeps promising

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

tacodaemon posted:

Let me turn on my 240hz monitor.

drat, nothing changed.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

lol you have an aunt

my aunt is the lady who plays figueroa on orange the new black and yes shes hot in real life

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

FAUXTON posted:

Good lord what a lovely snipe

Yes, but also no. :unsmith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Horny is prohibited. You’re on thin ice

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

lol you have an aunt

do most cspammers say aunt or "ant"

i say both they both sound correct 2 me thats because language is fake the greys built it to keep us confined in the crystal prison

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

the greatest curse of neoliberalism is to view all problems as fundamentally solvable

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
outside of the overwhelming nihilism you all provide, cumshitter family stories are second only to Rah! schadengifs in the thread content i crave

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hate myself and just post

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
i just googled schadengif and that's new so i'm going to claim it here and forever more, bicnhes

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

beto should run for senate with that fire and he'd win

also lol at the very end of that audio clip when you hear just a half-second of every press person there falling over themselves with excitement

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

i hate myself and just post

I like myself, but also just post

*depending on availability, void where prohibited*

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He lost to cruz tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

5 shooters would be more or less unprecedented if the motive is rampage/political.

If it's related to other non terrorist crimes it doesn't "count", still horrible tho

dont worry about mass gun violence in america, yknow they overblow all these statistics by sneakily including "mass shootings" that arent even about trub