Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lol the Great Dealmaker is back on his bullshit again

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158340095608610816

Unless he’s talking about Fox News fanning the flames of the Great Replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

He's right, they should stop showing his rallies.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1158346607542362112

drat he really got his rear end kicked

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

He's right, they should stop showing his rallies.

Yeah, and stop showing tape of Sander's press conferences.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

It already is, he's using a man shooting at people of Spanish decent as fodder to push anti-immigration bills.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

It already is, he's using a man shooting at people of Spanish decent as fodder to push anti-immigration bills.

Can’t target them if they’re not here!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

BigDave posted:

Yeah, and stop showing tape of Sander's press conferences.

She quit over a month ago, though your confusion is warranted since she hadn't given a press conference since March.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Eh, it ain't all bad.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1158346607542362112?s=19

Fuckin windbag has less bag to wind with

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

Eh, it ain't all bad.

Someone said it in D&D, but I refuse to believe he hung out with lung damage that long.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Eh, it ain't all bad.

lol guy's taking a full month off because (assuming here) he's getting some scar tissue removed from one lung.

strong as a bull moose he ain't

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

And that neighbors name, Philip Morris.

I honestly have no idea if he smoked or not, but scar tissue on his lung from an assault over 2 years ago seems odd.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Members of congress should have to use the VA.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

Members of congress should have to use the VA.

Do we really want Rand Paul back in office but with a painkiller addiction?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

He would be far more representative of his constituency.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

BigDave posted:

...yes?

He represents Kentucky. It would only be fair.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Be a shame if both Senators from Kentucky contracted pneumonia in the hospital.

Thoughts and prayers.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Why did the senator from Kentucky go to a Tennessee hospital? Sounds like treason to me

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Defenestrategy posted:

Be a shame if both Senators from Kentucky contracted pneumonia in the hospital.

Thoughts and prayers.

Or Hepatitis, or a good MRSA infection

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got a letter in the mail from the New Haven VA a few years ago about how anybody that had surgery there from 2010-2012 may have been exposed to CJD. Which yeah, I get it, it's very hard to kill and you have to specifically be aware of it. But why was I getting the letter in 2016 is a better question.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Why did the senator from Kentucky go to a Tennessee hospital? Sounds like treason to me

His original surgery was in Canada.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

He's getting his rear end kicked still

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I lived in the area I would make it a point to go to that doctor's practice. If people asked who my doctor was, I would say 'it was the guy that kicked Rand Paul's rear end' as a point of pride.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

His av is a kid, finishing his screen name which is NAPALM STICKS TO [picture of a kid].

It was probably made during the heyday of the CURE/S screen names.

my name was DRONES CURE HAJI last i recall, i dont remember why i changed it cause thats a fuckin great name

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i miss my old one of PLANES CURE TOWERS

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

my name was DRONES CURE HAJI last i recall, i dont remember why i changed it cause thats a fuckin great name

Is it?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I didn't see it but apparently President Cheesebrain got the wrong city when he gave his remarks. Said Toledo.

:psyduck:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All the really great names were wasted on Ironic War Criminal reregs

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Handsome Ralph posted:

I didn't see it but apparently President Cheesebrain got the wrong city when he gave his remarks. Said Toledo.

:psyduck:

That's an easy mistake to make tbf.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The bar is low enough that it's honestly impressive he even knows the name of one city in Ohio unprompted.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I wonder how him saying white supremacy and video games are bad are playing with his younger supporters.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

I wonder how him saying white supremacy and video games are bad are playing with his younger supporters.

They know he doesn't mean the first one and doesn't plan to do anything about the second so why would they care?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Outside of the US, It's the end of Article 370: India strips disputed Kashmir of special status

quote:

What is Article 370?
In 1949, a special provision was added to India's constitution providing autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir. Article 370 allows the state to have its own constitution, a separate flag and independence over all matters except foreign affairs, defense and communications. Another provision later added under Article 370 - 35A - gives special privileges to permanent residents, including state government jobs and the exclusive right to own property in the state.

So why is India's move controversial?
The move by the Hindu nationalist BJP government prompted outrage in parliament, and some legal experts have called it an attack on the constitution.
Critics fear the move is designed to change the demographic make-up of India-administered Kashmir - by giving people from the rest of the country to right to acquire property and settle there permanently.

How did the government make the change?
India's government announced a presidential order revoking all of Article 370 apart from one clause which says that the state is an integral part of India.
The order was met by massive protests from the opposition - but has now been signed into law by President Ram Nath Kovind. The government also proposed dividing the state into two regions ruled by the central government, and a bill to that effect passed the upper house on Monday and will now go to the lower house where the BJP has a majority.

What has been happening in Kashmir?
Indian-administered Kashmir is in a state of lockdown. Curfew-like conditions have been imposed, and orders preventing the assembly of more than four people have been introduced. Tens of thousands of Indian troops were deployed to the region ahead of Monday's announcement and tourists were told to leave under warnings of a terror threat. In the hours before Monday's announcement, two of the state's former chief ministers - Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti - were placed under house arrest, and internet and phone access has been cut across the region.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Great so Pakistan and India can finally bust the murder nut they've had since 1947.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This is totally not a prelude to genocide

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I doubt it. India somehow managed to ninja another 35k-150k soldiers into the region before major opposition noticed what was going on. Combined with the existing garrison, that's a lot of soldiers on high alert in Kashmir.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CommieGIR posted:

I'm not trying to start a huge derail in race, because I'm pretty sure you phrased it the way you did to try and be polite, but a lot of Central and South Americans in general, and Mexicans in particular, would probably be offended by being called "people of Spanish descent".

brains
May 12, 2004

the second 370 that went to pakistan and disappeared :tinfoil:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

brains posted:

the second 370 that went to pakistan and disappeared :tinfoil:

:thurman:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I'm not trying to start a huge derail in race, because I'm pretty sure you phrased it the way you did to try and be polite, but a lot of Central and South Americans in general, and Mexicans in particular, would probably be offended by being called "people of Spanish descent".

"Is there a term besides 'Mexican' that you prefer? Something less offensive?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I suppose in the good news category, the invisible hand of the free market just went so far up 8Chan's rear end they can...taste the ring? gently caress I'm not good at these things but they're getting rightly turbofucked. Apparently the anti-DDoS service that hosts such treasures as the Daily Stormer that 8Chan moved to just had their own access cut off at the backbone level or some poo poo. I don't know it's levels of levels of corporations going 'woah now, I guess hosting this stuff isn't cool after all' like some kind of hosed up game of hot potato.