Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lost my old email posted:

i want a realistic career mode where picking the wrong type of wrestler takes you straight to the gameover screen

largo loop hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sorry you're under 5'9" you spend the rest of career doing game breaking moves, starting your own passive income schemes and becoming a zillionaire.

If you chose to make a 6'5" guy, you'd get hot shotted to RAW in an endless tag team feud with Baron Corbin, The Miz and a guy in a mask that swears he's Kane(voiced by Kanye West).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE 2K20 was temporarily listed on Walmart.com ahead of its official announcements. Launch day Oct 22, and there's a deluxe edition and a SD 20th Anniversary edition

If legit (trailer leaked, so probably), Anniversary edition includes:

Deluxe edition
Pre-order digital bonus content
Originals
Supercard bonus content
Exclusive acrylic piece with a piece of SD ring (2002-'08)
Collectible acrylic piece with a legend autograph (Edge, Kurt or Rey)
Digital bonus content; confirmed so far from the listing is Chyna (first WWE 2K appearance), Hogan (first since the racism went public), "$500 Shirt" Dwayne, and "Rock n Sock Connection" Mankind

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k20/wwe-2k20-game-features-details-everything-you-need-to-know

Women's MyCareer mode.

Haha. Revamped controls, again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Last year’s popular WWE Towers also returns with exciting new challenges, including a story-driven Tower centered around the career of Roman Reigns.

:laffo:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just make the movement controls QWOP style, Streamers will love it(the only people that buy this garbage other than gullible fools).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looking forward to getting beat by Brock Lesnar 53 times

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE 2K20
Hogan (first since the racism went public)

Mmm, racism and lovely games. Two tastes that go great together.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Mmm, racism and lovely games. Two tastes that go great together.

Custer's Revenge mode where you have to tiptoe your way through bad sushi to gently caress Bubba Clem's wife.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Hopefully you also get to cry after that time he was cashed in on

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

beggar posted:

Custer's Revenge mode where you have to tiptoe your way through bad sushi to gently caress Bubba Clem's wife.

Phoenix Wright mode where you and a Libertarian Billionaire Vampire try to successfully convince a jury that Terry Boella and Hulk Hogan are two different people.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

If MBS got his way, it would just be Crown El.

Edit oh no wrong thread oh well

Genericide fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 5, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

The Croc posted:

Hopefully you also get to cry after that time he was cashed in on

a career mode where you get to play as a guy who got cashed in on loving twice is gonna be hilarious. so many unwinnable matches. They should have just made it a Becky Lynch career but they didn't have the balls to.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I forget how the date cutoff for rosters works in these games. Like is Moxley gonna be all over this Roman Reigns mode or what

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Genericide posted:

If MBS got his way, it would just be Crown El.

:vince:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Minidust posted:

I forget how the date cutoff for rosters works in these games. Like is Moxley gonna be all over this Roman Reigns mode or what

In a strange twist it will be fully licensed Mike Tyson.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Minidust posted:

they should do what they did for No Mercy, wherein all storylines that mimicked real events had replaced Big Show with loving Steven Richards. So just replace Ambrose with Heath Slater.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

they should do what they did for No Mercy, wherein all storylines that mimicked real events had replaced Big Show with loving Steven Richards. So just replace Ambrose with Heath Slater.

Heath Slater "I GOT KIDS!" Career mode. Entire mode is just trying to get on TV and avoid being future endeavored.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

THAT FACE!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

THAT FACE!!

"Yep, it's me, you're probably wondering how I got into this situation."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they gave him a muffintop. Is that a new creation feature?

And holy poo poo that PSX hair.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

coconono posted:

they gave him a muffintop. Is that a new creation feature?

And holy poo poo that PSX hair.

Hair always seems to be the thing they struggle the most with visually. It has looked terrible in 2K games for at least a decade now. Probably always looked bad but the past decade everything else started to look better and the hair, to your point, basically stayed exactly the same.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They can’t win on the hair front, wrestling is really the only sport-adjacent thing that encourages long hair worn down. Hair is and always has been something that CG stumbles with.

Austin Creed is banging the GM Mode drum on twitter and has pledged to push it with Yukes, but it’s all very tongue in cheek

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They should make a WWE Dynasty Warriors game. Raw, SD, and NXT can be the 3 kingdoms.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Shave every wrestlers head. There are no stars. Just the brand. Make the brand look good on video games. Shave. Shave now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Shave every wrestlers head. There are no stars. Just the brand. Make the brand look good on video games. Shave. Shave now.

Perfection

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2K19 story mode was ok but having to play every match before being able to bring up the phone options during certain chapters loving sucked.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Perfection

Agreed, they never should have gotten rid of Danny Basham

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The pin minigame this year requires you to press the control stick in, then alternately rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise to make the blue doohicky overlap the red one for at least 2 seconds

To escape submissions, you have to stick the control stick up your butt

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Tato posted:

Don’t threaten me with a good time

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Tato posted:

Honestly that might be easier than the current submission mini game its been around for at least 2 years and its been about that long since i won a match by submission in a wwe game

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I don't expect there to ever be a decent submission minigame so long as they design around multiplayer

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The best way to handle submissions is just mash wildly and hope you’re not too beat up. It worked for no mercy and the PRIDE fighting game and those are my favorite wrestling and mma games respectively

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
No Mercy is amazing at how many things it can convey without a super complicated dipshit HUD or mini game bars. Just the animation of guys dragging body parts, the unique sound effects of the submission struggle, and that oh so satisfying *CRACK* just before the guy taps out. Not once did I ever feel I got cheated if my guy submitted in No Mercy, I got my rear end kicked and it's only natural my guy finally gave up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrBigShowOff/status/1158350645298171904

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

As far as submissions go all they have to do is use fire pro worlds method it doesnt have to be some kind of ufc style battle it just has to be "low health, low stamina, no more resiliency, tap out"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Brokenogre posted:

As far as submissions go all they have to do is use fire pro worlds method it doesnt have to be some kind of ufc style battle it just has to be "low health, low stamina, no more resiliency, tap out"

Also for as much as Fire Pro tries to simulate various aspects of wrestling the inputs for pin falls and submissions are very simple. Just mash medium/the directional.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also for as much as Fire Pro tries to simulate various aspects of wrestling the inputs for pin falls and submissions are very simple. Just mash medium/the directional.

It also has a neat feature that lets you "work" a match by willingly release your own pin/hold even if it would've got a 3 count. Great for getting a near fall to boost the match rating. IIRC when pinned you can even delay your own kicking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It also has a neat feature that lets you "work" a match by willingly release your own pin/hold even if it would've got a 3 count. Great for getting a near fall to boost the match rating. IIRC when pinned you can even delay your own kicking out.

I know it doesnt do anything to boost things in 2k19 but cant you release pins/subs by pressing r1/rb