Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

suck my woke dick posted:

Any form of hygiene is acceptable as long as it doesn't involve water and soap.

I dip myself in a vat of alcohol gel every few hours.

e/ 42 is the maximum number of hours it's acceptable to go without a shower if you're a horrible sweaty goon like me, and not a second longer.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1158381042744602626?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junior G-man posted:

Hang glider vaginas also ok. Also other forms of transport-efficient genital apparatus. Didn't mean to make it a patriarchal thing, apologies.

Brb gonna hook my vagina up to a monorail

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tarrifs on videogames and regulation of videogames. How much can the Pepe base endure?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rarity posted:

Brb gonna hook my vagina up to a monorail

I assume the rail is just a really really long dick

Seek medical assistance if your ride lasts more than four hours

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 5, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Renaissance Robot posted:

I dip myself in a vat of alcohol gel every few hours.
Same op. Except without the gel bit.

Can't wait for the same social media that censors WoC for saying "the shooter was a white man" to predictively detect mass shooters.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

Can't wait for the same social media that censors WoC for saying "the shooter was a white man" to predictively detect mass shooters.

Hmm, this person said all Nazis should die, clearly a shooter risk. Time to send the boys round.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Junior G-man posted:

DEFRA is an understaffed hellhole that hasn't been forcefully led in ten years because the Tories don't give a gently caress.

Last I heard the majority of staff were also on secondment to projects planning for brexit. So glad the ecological and climate catastrophes were willing to let us hold off for a few years

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Ratjaculation posted:

Last I heard the majority of staff were also on secondment to projects planning for brexit. So glad the ecological and climate catastrophes were willing to let us hold off for a few years

To be fair to DEFRA, if there's a hard Brexit the food and agri sectors are going to be turbo-hosed from day one, so I'm actually on board with them dealing with the immediate short term.

It would just be nice if they had the resources to properly plan a post-Brexit UK agri-envi-food system policy as well. Because you can't really have separate policies for food, the environment, and human health. They're extremely integrated.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Ratjaculation posted:

truly great that we're spending valuable time ignoring an existential threat in favour of a feel-good nostalgia project for people who won't be alive in 15 years

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

truly great that we're spending valuable time ignoring an existential threat in favour of a feel-good nostalgia project for people who won't be alive in 15 years
The good news is if they gently caress up spectacularly then that's all of us.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Junior G-man posted:

To be fair to DEFRA, if there's a hard Brexit the food and agri sectors are going to be turbo-hosed from day one, so I'm actually on board with them dealing with the immediate short term.

It would just be nice if they had the resources to properly plan a post-Brexit UK agri-envi-food system policy as well. Because you can't really have separate policies for food, the environment, and human health. They're extremely integrated.

I think the idea is that currently they're not dealing with the food and agri sectors' preparation for Brexit but being seconded to DEXEU where they fail to achieve anything because DEXEU is so poo poo.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

njsykora posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy calling the loving Co-Op a fast food chain?

Nish Kumar is one of the reliably good co-hosts on the current Bugle too, shame all that goodwill about The Bugle becoming a showcase for non-straight white dudes gets sapped away whenever they have Matt loving Forde on to do his "WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUST COMPROMISE?" routine.

His whole chart makes no sense. Counting supermarkets and a chemist as fast food because they sell meal deals but not including coffee shop chains like Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc. Then he's got restaurant chains where some branches facilitate takeaways but no all such as Pizza Express. He's just picked a bunch of brands he knows that sell food.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

njsykora posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy calling the loving Co-Op a fast food chain?

Nish Kumar is one of the reliably good co-hosts on the current Bugle too, shame all that goodwill about The Bugle becoming a showcase for non-straight white dudes gets sapped away whenever they have Matt loving Forde on to do his "WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUST COMPROMISE?" routine.

The Bugle has Forde on it? Jesus.

Anyway, I am glad that I just gave up on The Bugle when Oliver got a real job because they had good chemistry together and I'm fairly confident I'd have gotten super mad hearing them go on about Labour being antisemitic.

As an unrelated aside, power went out which sucks because I'd not saved my game. Booooo electricity.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

His whole chart makes no sense. Counting supermarkets and a chemist as fast food because they sell meal deals but not including coffee shop chains like Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc. Then he's got restaurant chains where some branches facilitate takeaways but no all such as Pizza Express. He's just picked a bunch of brands he knows that sell food.

it's also hilariously London-centric, like I'd guess a good third of those brands don't have more than one store outside London each

e: Shake Shack 9 London branches 1 non-London (Cardiff)
Pizza Pilgrims 10 London branches 1 non-London (Oxford)
Garfunkel's 7 London branches 1 non-London (Bath)
Angus Steakhouse 5 London branches 0 non-London

and I don't even know what that P&B logo is but gently caress listening to this guy for more than 5 seconds to find out

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 5, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

forkboy84 posted:

The Bugle has Forde on it? Jesus.

Anyway, I am glad that I just gave up on The Bugle when Oliver got a real job because they had good chemistry together and I'm fairly confident I'd have gotten super mad hearing them go on about Labour being antisemitic.

As an unrelated aside, power went out which sucks because I'd not saved my game. Booooo electricity.

There's good current episodes, like I said Nish Kumar is always great, Tom Ballard is great, Felicity Ward is great as well since her and Andy do a cricket podcast together. But then they do an episode with Al Murray and Matt Forde to fulfill the well off white centrist fuckwit quota.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

Which game

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Ah good, I'm sure more surveillance and more panic about violent media will work this time around. No further examination of motivation or introspection on societal problems required.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The Bugle has done maybe 2 podcasts with Forde in 5 years?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

big scary monsters posted:

Ah good, I'm sure more surveillance and more panic about violent media will work this time around. No further examination of motivation or introspection on societal problems required.

Weird how the same videogames are in the UK but we don't get mass shootings, i wonder what the difference is

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Some weird indie game where you are a Roman legionary during the Second Punic War. Be A Legionary or I'm A Legionary, I forget the title.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Weird how the same videogames are in the UK but we don't get mass shootings, i wonder what the difference is

weird how japan has two of the big games companies and yet their deadliest attack was an anime studio

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
TBF I bought the original Doom for Switch to sit down to a few enjoyable hours and think back to a calmer time when I was 12 but instead all it did was enrage me with the horrible login & password built into it by Bethesda for absolutely NO REASON and with that 2019 was ruined...then again I still didn't entertain the thought of buying a gun.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wales is nice but its time to go back to london :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

Don't put Trump in a position where he'll have to condemn violent white masculinity or literally anything else, because you'll get restrictions on the literally anything else.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

50/60Hz

Tesseraction posted:

weird how japan has two of the big games companies and yet their deadliest attack was an anime studio
:cryingAumShinrikyo:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Saw a bit of Trump giving a speech where he speaks out about white supremacy after the shooting and boy, I dunno if it was the body language or the tone of his voice but that was about the least sincere condemnation of racism in human history.

Rather surprised the BBC are explicitly calling it terrorism though. Seems overdue.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 5, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Very fine whites on both sides.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

:cryingAumShinrikyo:

I mean they still have the high score for (temporarily) blinding over 1000 people.

Which is only beaten by India permanently blinding hundreds of its own citizens to own the Mohammedeens https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/india-crackdown-in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Guavanaut posted:

Very fine whites on both sides.

yeah but one side has sainsbury's basics white while the other has a proper ice wine

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

I mean they still have the high score for (temporarily) blinding over 1000 people.

Which is only beaten by India permanently blinding hundreds of its own citizens to own the Mohammedeens https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/india-crackdown-in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding
It's not fair to allow states to play. None of the non-state terror attacks even get to the top 100.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

forkboy84 posted:

Saw a bit of Trump giving a speech where he speaks out about white supremacy after the shooting and boy, I dunno if it was the body language or the tone of his voice but that was about the least sincere condemnation of racism in human history.

Rather surprised the BBC are explicitly calling it terrorism though. Seems overdue.

He also referred to the tragedy in Toledo, which must have been news to them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Michigan's still bitter.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

Don't put Trump in a position where he'll have to condemn violent white masculinity or literally anything else, because you'll get restrictions on the literally anything else.
Fortunately he has already come up with an innovative new solution to mass shootings by US born citizens in the US: keeping out more foreigners.

quote:

"We cannot let those killed in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, die in vain."

"Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform," Trump continued. "We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well if there were no Hispanics in the US then there couldn't be any hate crimes

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I'm happy to see someone else had this exact thought.

Julio Cruz posted:

well if there were no Hispanics in the US then there couldn't be any hate crimes
Still plenty of African Americans to perpetrate hate crimes at white people.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A woman on the tube berated me for giving a fiver to a beggar and then hopped off the train at Farringdon to “make a report” to the one loving copper working the underground today. I thought you Londoners stayed out of other people’s business?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd bet a fiver she's from Buckinghamshire.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

tritsch posted:

TBF I bought the original Doom for Switch to sit down to a few enjoyable hours and think back to a calmer time when I was 12 but instead all it did was enrage me with the horrible login & password built into it by Bethesda for absolutely NO REASON and with that 2019 was ruined...then again I still didn't entertain the thought of buying a gun.

Did the same thing. Apparently they're going to patch it out once they've harvested enough data.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They said they were going to patch it out the day it came out so the fact that it's still there is completely unsurprising. They also boned up the music in that port for no reason since it's slowed down for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
e: nah

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 5, 2019