Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

If you enjoy watching defenders that are scared to physically challenge attacking players in any way, he's your guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West007
Apr 21, 2013

80 million for Maguire is insane.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

West007 posted:

80 million for Maguire is insane.

Yet another entry in footballisbroken.txt

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Have player wages increased by the same amount transfer fees have

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Have player wages increased by the same amount transfer fees have

Yes

Alexis Sanchez is on £350k a week I believe

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

trem_two posted:

If you enjoy watching defenders that are scared to physically challenge attacking players in any way, he's your guy.

(Yellow card machine + coward) ÷ 2 = Good defenders??

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Yes

Alexis Sanchez is on £350k a week I believe

Apparently Kevin the Brown is on the highest wages in the Premier League now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Der Shovel posted:

Some UK journos reporting United have made a £50m bid on Eriksen, and that Spurs might be willing to cash out so they can fund the purchase of that other midfielder guy.

This is going to turn hilarious when the minute the Eriksen deal's done Betis's asking price for Lo Celso suddenly shoots up

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
This bubble is a sturdy place to rest my collection of nails says man floating over a crocodile pit

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently Malcom might be leaving Zenit after one game because the fans done a racism

what a surprise, said no one

and in Tierney news: it looks like Celtic have already lined up a replacement (Rico Henry from Brentford), so that whole saga's back on again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Irl mad about the Maguire deal

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

£80m for Maguire loving hell lmao

Quote this when United win the league of course

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Irl mad about the Maguire deal

Why?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Probably something about having to pay more now instead of saving some cash and getting him last season when Mourinho targeted him. I remember you saying that Woodward had some grounds for doubting Mourinho and making Jose just work with the players he had already spent a fortune on and you had a good point, but I cam see why it rankles a bit that things have seemingly gone full circle.

Maguire will probably be a good buy for them. I’m curious what this means for United’s style of play because Maguire doesn’t seem naturally suited to a high defensive line. Sexy pressing that gets the hipsters hot and bothered might be a step too far for United this season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Wolves are in for Rugani now, €30m permanent deal. Juve want cash up front, which is why they didn't take Arsenal's 2 year loan offer, this might happen if Rugani wanted to accept the move.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently Malcom might be leaving Zenit after one game because the fans done a racism

maybe ya'll should stop loving reading Sun stories as actual journalism?

Troy Queef posted:

what a surprise, said no one

i'm disappointed in you bud

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 5, 2019

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

maybe ya'll should stop loving reading Sun stories as actual journalism?

i'm disappointed in you bud

It’s being reported in a bunch of major news outlets.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

trem_two posted:

Wolves are in for Rugani now, €30m permanent deal. Juve want cash up front, which is why they didn't take Arsenal's 2 year loan offer, this might happen if Rugani wanted to accept the move.

The Guardian is reporting that Juve want £50m for Rugani but that Arsenal are now interested in Dayot Upamecano from Leipzig, who would cost 70m.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

It’s being reported in a bunch of major news outlets.

the banner literally just says the name of the ultra group and in a small obviously hastily added on text it has the "Thank you leadership for believing in tradition" text

the only shocking thing about malcoms appearance for zenit where some of his decisions with the ball

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

the banner literally just says the name of the ultra group and in a small obviously hastily added on text it has the "Thank you leadership for believing in tradition" text

the only shocking thing about malcoms appearance for zenit where some of his decisions with the ball

Sorry, you're right. Guys there's nothing to see here, it was only a small racist banner not a big one.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1158414870980825089

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vivisectvnv posted:

The tradition they are referring to is not signing black players.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

I want to see this happen.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

The Guardian is reporting that Juve want £50m for Rugani but that Arsenal are now interested in Dayot Upamecano from Leipzig, who would cost 70m.

Where are they getting this money? Was the rumored budget of £40m at the beginning of the window just wrong?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

brasstassels posted:

Where are they getting this money? Was the rumored budget of £40m at the beginning of the window just wrong?

Paying in installments plus the sales of Ospina and Bielik.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Jose posted:

ashley would 100% sell Schar for £20m since it would be a huge profit

https://twitter.com/RobDorsettSky/status/1158319778139922433?s=20

I don’t care what he used for contraception!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
lmao

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1158405637921021963?s=19

It's already landed in Manchester

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Wayne Rooney's Frank Lampard's Derby County.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

This is a weird hill to die on

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brasstassels posted:

I’m suspecting that there’s been a cash injection or that Arsenal have been told to spend some of their cash reserves. Regardless of what you think of the 40m number, it seems pretty widely accepted that Arsenal were underperforming financially. And the “well it’s just staged payments” talk that has been going around strikes me as weird since staged payments are the norm in transfers, and you would think Arsenal would have to put a significant amount down for these transfers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I’m suspecting that there’s been a cash injection or that Arsenal have been told to spend some of their cash reserves. Regardless of what you think of the 40m number, it seems pretty widely accepted that Arsenal were underperforming financially. And the “well it’s just staged payments” talk that has been going around strikes me as weird since staged payments are the norm in transfers, and you would think Arsenal would have to put a significant amount down for these transfers.

Paying in installments is normal but I don't think it's normal to pay a 70m fee in five roughly equal installments. I thought it was more common for the first installment to be considerably larger than the rest. I also don't think we've actually spent more than 40m so far this summer, given the way all the deals are structured. You might be right about the cash injection though, Raul and Vinai met with Kroenke when the club was in LA, around the same time as the We Care, Do You? letter was published, and poo poo started happening not long after.

wicka fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 5, 2019

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Big Huski Boi posted:

Paying in installments is normal but I don't think it's normal to pay a 70m fee in five roughly equal installments. I thought it was more common for the first installment to be considerably larger than the rest. I also don't think we've actually spent more than 40m so far this summer, given the way all the deals are structured. You might be right about the cash injection though, Raul and Vinai might with Kroenke when the club was in LA, around the same time as the We Care, Do You? letter was published, and poo poo started happening not long after.

I’ve always been under the impression that it was normal to spread the payments over the length of the player’s contract, but tbh I don’t know why I’m under that impression. And you’re right that I don’t think they’ve spent more than 40m, but I would imagine that they would with Tierney and another big signing.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I know it’s irrelevant since nothing matters but it just seems like so much money. I hope I get proven wrong and he clowns over everyone.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/s...7592%2Fpage-102

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blue footed boobie posted:

I’ve always been under the impression that it was normal to spread the payments over the length of the player’s contract, but tbh I don’t know why I’m under that impression. And you’re right that I don’t think they’ve spent more than 40m, but I would imagine that they would with Tierney and another big signing.

It’s common to spread the cost over the duration of their contract in the clubs accounts but many deals are either cash or monthly or milestone instalments.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

vivisectvnv posted:

gently caress off racist

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The supporters group at issue literally explained themselves in great detail and it’s exactly what it looks like

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United had an off day today so he went back to his old club for a visit, that's the actual story.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

brasstassels posted:

Mind games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1158448221636759558?s=20