Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ruggan posted:

how are so many people into it? I just can’t wrap my head around how there are so many goddamn people that find anything in it that appeals to them? it’s alien to me and it makes me scared for my own kids

my theory is that its because american society rewards those without empathy and psychopathic tendencies, above those in society without them. That small business owner who steals from his workers, bullies the staff and fires anyone sick not only gets rich but becomes lauded as a savvy business man. His evil son now has millions in capital to invest and is able to buy political influence, or become a politician himself, and continue the cycle. Now instead of torturing some neighborhood cats, these guys can torture the neighborhood children in the knowledge that they are protected and if threatened are able to gang up on any journalist/worried parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jel Shaker posted:

my theory is that its because american society rewards those without empathy and psychopathic tendencies, above those in society without them. That small business owner who steals from his workers, bullies the staff and fires anyone sick not only gets rich but becomes lauded as a savvy business man. His evil son now has millions in capital to invest and is able to buy political influence, or become a politician himself, and continue the cycle. Now instead of torturing some neighborhood cats, these guys can torture the neighborhood children in the knowledge that they are protected and if threatened are able to gang up on any journalist/worried parents.

Yeah, this is the core of it, but there's more to it than just that.

Our capitalist, winner take all society is structured to reward successful sociopaths.

There aren't that many actual clinical pedophiles and most of them are caught fairly fast because they're relatively poor and don't have institutional protection.

But if you're a rich sociopath at some point you start swinging your dick around and trying to find out what you can get away with, and they have shitloads of victims because rich people can get away with a shitload of things. In the case of people like Epstein, it's not so much a drive to have sex with children as it is a drive to demonstrate power by getting away with rulebreaking.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, this is the core of it, but there's more to it than just that.

Our capitalist, winner take all society is structured to reward successful sociopaths.

There aren't that many actual clinical pedophiles and most of them are caught fairly fast because they're relatively poor and don't have institutional protection.

But if you're a rich sociopath at some point you start swinging your dick around and trying to find out what you can get away with, and they have shitloads of victims because rich people can get away with a shitload of things. In the case of people like Epstein, it's not so much a drive to have sex with children as it is a drive to demonstrate power by getting away with rulebreaking.

that's not a conclusion based on anything but wishful thinking .epstein, trump, and clinton are into rulebreaking, yes, but they also all really want to gently caress 13 year olds and your brain, irreparably damaged by d&d as it is, is still healthy enough to reject that possibility out of hand and try coming up with an alternative explanation. but that isn't necessary. they do it because they want to do it. they are very not good (bad!)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

that's not a conclusion based on anything but wishful thinking .epstein, trump, and clinton are into rulebreaking, yes, but they also all really want to gently caress 13 year olds and your brain, irreparably damaged by d&d as it is, is still healthy enough to reject that possibility out of hand and try coming up with an alternative explanation. but that isn't necessary. they do it because they want to do it. they are very not good (bad!)

paedophilia coming as a structural result of being rich and the entire ruling class being paedos are both completely insane things to believe, and also probably true

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So the only clinical paedophiles out there are the ones that a capitalist criminal justice system can easily detect and arrest without consequence? Really? You buy that?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Darth Walrus posted:

So the only clinical paedophiles out there are the ones that a capitalist criminal justice system can easily detect and arrest without consequence? Really? You buy that?

Not what I said at all

"most" != "all" or "the only"

crazy cloud posted:

Generally clinical, DSM-V type pedophiles only aggress against juveniles and don't try to perpetrate sexual assaults against adults (again, general rule, not iron law -- there are exceptions). Still, the fact that Epstein, Trump, etc. appear to be equal-opportunity rapists who will assault anything that moves regardless of age, seems to indicate there's something going on with them other than "standard" DSM-V pedophilia.

Hieronymous Alloy has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Aug 5, 2019

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
oh ok

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bad (or sick) guys!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

pet theory: the removal of all responsibility from the lives of these old men gives them a peter pan complex, except, y'know, they're old men. old men who are used to having every single whim catered to

so it's like a rapey version of peter pan instead of the fun-- oh god. i just remembered the name of michael jackson's ranch. it's all real. it's all so real :gonk:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ruggan posted:

it makes me extremely sad that there is apparently such a big pedophile / cp problem in the US... and even sadder that I’m not even shocked

i mean its an international problem. its an issue that transcends national borders with the internet and now darknet only exacerbating the problem.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
very fascinated by this discussion on how to properly classify the child rapists

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Feranon posted:

see all u silly boys down @ gitmo :wink:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how will we be able to separate the good child rapists out from the bad child rapists if we aren't properly qualifying and quantifying them

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Epstein apparently has blackmail on foreign leaders and politicians in addition to American ones and celebrities, which means the CIA also has it, and possibly Mossad. I read speculation this is possibly why American Lawmakers literally passed a bill criminalizing boycotts of Israel, and why American’s unfettering loyalty to Israel never changes. Since we’re on the hell timeline, I won’t rule out anything anymore.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

tylersayten posted:

Epstein apparently has blackmail on foreign leaders and politicians in addition to American ones and celebrities, which means the CIA also has it, and possibly Mossad. I read speculation this is possibly why American Lawmakers literally passed a bill criminalizing boycotts of Israel, and why American’s unfettering loyalty to Israel never changes. Since we’re on the hell timeline, I won’t rule out anything anymore.

I don't think we need a conspiratorial explanation for American support for Israel. Israel is a white colony, America is a white empire.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Al! posted:

how will we be able to separate the good child rapists out from the bad child rapists if we aren't properly qualifying and quantifying them

A Tale of Two Paedos

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tylersayten posted:

America is loyal to Israel because they are an integral part of American imperialist policy in the middle east and are necessary for the batshit evangelicals to build the Jesus Trap, plus it makes libs mad. That speculation is stupid garbage.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ruggan posted:

how are so many people into it? I just can’t wrap my head around how there are so many goddamn people that find anything in it that appeals to them? it’s alien to me and it makes me scared for my own kids

Rule of Law doesn't extend to the rich. Not the way it does to us. The rate at which they are 'filtered out' is lower than ours. So their rate of rape, bribing officials, child rape, etc. seems unusually high.

And when you're outside of rule of law, it's prison rules. You have to enforce your own deals. That means threat and control. Having dirt on other people is good. Them having dirt on you means they can trust you. Apparently a whole bunch of pedos have been swept up in this dynamic?

Rule of Law really should extend to the elites.

edit:

I just realized you meant the country writ large, not just the elite. gently caress if I know, man.

Accretionist has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Aug 5, 2019

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Admiral Ray posted:

America is loyal to Israel because they are an integral part of American imperialist policy in the middle east and are necessary for the batshit evangelicals to build the Jesus Trap, plus it makes libs mad.

It would make sense for Mossad to seek an insurance policy on the one country that is their literal existential lifeline, though - especially with the left openly questioning the dynamics of America’s relationship with Israel more belligerently in recent years.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tylersayten posted:

It would make sense for Mossad to seek an insurance policy on the one country that is their literal existential lifeline, though - especially with the left openly questioning the dynamics of America’s relationship with Israel more belligerently in recent years.

yeah but then it would make more sense to blackmail the leaders openly questioning that relationship, not people already on your side.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah but then it would make more sense to blackmail the leaders openly questioning that relationship, not people already on your side.

The Clintons and many other Democrats’ support for Israel has been unwavering despite objections by many in the Democrat Party’s base of voters. Blackmail on American CEOs, bankers, etc. would be incredibly valuable for obvious reasons as well.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the biggest misconception going on itt is that Israel and the US are in anyway adversarial or even coherent with regards to each other rather than both being fascist state organs collectively controlled by an overlapping group of international conglomerates ran by the ruling class, the CIA and Mossad are like different softball teams in the same police department league

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tylersayten posted:

The Clintons and many other Democrats’ support for Israel has been unwavering despite objections by many in the Democrat Party’s base of voters. Blackmail on American CEOs, bankers, etc. would be incredibly valuable for obvious reasons as well.

Yeah and they are also enormous imperialists that recognize Israel is a US client state. I just don't think we need to associate this with Mossad blackmailing anyone for it to make sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the blackmail thing is just a dumb way to try and absolve America of its guilt

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

bring back the KGB to uncover this decadent western pedoconspiracy

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I don't think the claim that the Israeli intelligence agency literally blackmailed the US government into supporting anti-BDS legislation using Jeffrey Epstein's secret pedo files is a particularly helpful one, in this case.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I don't think the claim that the Israeli intelligence agency literally blackmailed the US government into supporting anti-BDS legislation using Jeffrey Epstein's secret pedo files is a particularly helpful one, in this case.

yeah they'd just ask all the politicians who would jump at the chance to support israel lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

To what degree is billionaire philanthropy just international money laundering

I get the feeling that's a rich but mostly unexplored thread in Epstein world, what with the $2.4M "research" donation to Barak and all of the CGI stuff, etc

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

100%

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my theory (aside from the rich people going nuts thing, which is probably also true) is that since a lot of pedos have a kind of arrested development stemming from their own childhood sexual abuse there's a huuuuge ugly cycle of abuse going on that goes unaddressed and unspoken and there's basically a ton of untreated hosed up people running around creating more untreated hosed up people.

Please note that I am not saying that people who were abused as kids are pedophiles.

e: although it's probably also a lot of other poo poo too

\/\/\/ oh and hell yeah we do. "Why so many pedos" we ask as there are 14 year olds pimped out on stage for $$$

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Aug 5, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

re: why are there so many pedophiles? the uncomfortable fact of the matter is that we do have a culture which encourages ephebophilia. there's a long running cult of youth that equates youth with beauty, a preoccupation with adolescent sexuality that stems from one's own personal sexual experiences or lack thereof, and an obsessive cultural complex with virginity. the end result of all that is that teenagers are treated as prime objects of sexual desire because they've got all the good bits, they don't know enough to realize when they're being manipulated and taken advantage of, and even their virginity becomes its own commodity. enough of a hot commodity that you get in a big fight with your friend Jeffrey Epstein because he doesn't care if you paid for the right to claim this girl, because he wants her virginity for himself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or one that you literally sell off to the highest bidder on eBay.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

HerraS posted:

bring back the KGB to uncover this decadent western pedoconspiracy

Oh yeah, in Russia young girls are safe as houses!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

re: why are there so many pedophiles? the uncomfortable fact of the matter is that we do have a culture which encourages ephebophilia.

I was thinking about this just a few days ago. My wife was watching a video of an old pop song from the early 2000s that randomly popped into her head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgk2qM7kxU&t=169s

Watched for a minute or two, then decided to look up how old she was in this video. Let's do the math... born in December 1990, song released ballpark 2004 - that puts her at 13? :barf:

I guess it shouldn't be news to anyone that kids are hypersexualized in media (thanks hollywood) but still - major yuck.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I get the feeling that's a rich but mostly unexplored thread in Epstein world, what with the $2.4M "research" donation to Barak and all of the CGI stuff, etc

100% of it, op

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
even if there was a trump pedo blackmail tape it could never be released

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

100% of it, op

if billionaires were such philanthropists we would have seen some major societal transformations in their acts because people can't fathom that billions of dollars goes a long way and are stuck on paltry 1 - 2 millions to some defunct charity for kids.

for instance 45 million dollars would enough to end homelessness in america for 10 years, that barely breaks the banks of billionaires.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Lol at bill gates pissing his m$ money away on charter schools accomplishing literally nothing

I guess the malaria stuff is ok tho

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

old.flv posted:

even if there was a trump pedo blackmail tape it could never be released

It could at least get turned over to some newspaper, couldn't it? Would they get hosed for having it in that context?

E: like, obviously the government would never be able to do that, but if someone hacked Epstein's Google Drive or Apple Cloud and stole it or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

if billionaires were such philanthropists we would have seen some major societal transformations in their acts because people can't fathom that billions of dollars goes a long way and are stuck on paltry 1 - 2 millions to some defunct charity for kids.

for instance 45 million dollars would enough to end homelessness in america for 10 years, that barely breaks the banks of billionaires.

george carlin (one of my problematic faves)ishly]: the homeless are there to scare the poo poo out of the working class lmrbfo