Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

GoutPatrol posted:

I did not enjoy the Kevin and Yusong podcast because it was these people I've listened to for years get dunked on repeatable try and be main characters in their story. You people are plucky comic relief at best, stay in your lane.

Yeah this is why I'm not even going to bother listening. I sure as poo poo wouldn't listen to an Eliot Hochberg podcast. Some people are born to be punching bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
For the Threedom fans:

https://twitter.com/thegappod/status/1156969202084917249?s=21

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That is so much more awesome than what I thought it would be. I'm an instant Brushy One String fan.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone got the clip they used? It definitely wasn't that, but someone doing a goofy scatting version of it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone got the clip they used? It definitely wasn't that, but someone doing a goofy scatting version of it.

https://twitter.com/threedomusa/status/1157023549661409280?s=20

edit: it's the same artist, just a different video of it: Chicken in the Corn @ Into The Great Wide Open 2014)

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 1, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ah it is the same guy. I guess we just got "Chicken in the corn on a corn can" cause they were laughing by the point it's clear he's saying "corn can't grow".

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 1, 2019

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
All-time How Did This Get Made with Drop Dead Fred - try and watch it before you listen this time in particular.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DDF rules.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Sean did not get off on the right foot with Heather Anne Campbell.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Well that doesn't sound like him at all

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Piquai Souban posted:

All-time How Did This Get Made with Drop Dead Fred - try and watch it before you listen this time in particular.

Started listening to it last night, and it comes in so hot ha. I haven't watched the film since I was a kid so might have to recap it before finishing it.

One disappointment is hearing them talking about 'the actor' of DDF... do they not recognise Rik Mayall? I thought The Young Ones made a fairly decent cultural impact in the states, so not sure if they just don't know that show or didn't realise it was him. Out of every actor/celeb whose died, I think he had the most impact on my Facebook feed. Everyone in the UK loved Rik.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Started listening to it last night, and it comes in so hot ha. I haven't watched the film since I was a kid so might have to recap it before finishing it.

One disappointment is hearing them talking about 'the actor' of DDF... do they not recognise Rik Mayall? I thought The Young Ones made a fairly decent cultural impact in the states, so not sure if they just don't know that show or didn't realise it was him. Out of every actor/celeb whose died, I think he had the most impact on my Facebook feed. Everyone in the UK loved Rik.

yeahh no one in america knows who that is. literally not one person.

I really thought casey wilson was about to walk off the stage at one point. very heated ep.#teamsanity

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sean did not get off on the right foot with Heather Anne Campbell.

"Never seen it" :smuggo:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I haven't (re)watched DDF or listened to the ep yet (feel like I saw it many years/decades ago, or maybe just bits and pieces on TV), but I could have sworn the actor was Martin Short, lol. Was there a similar movie I'm thinking of with him in it?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

peepsalot posted:

I haven't (re)watched DDF or listened to the ep yet (feel like I saw it many years/decades ago, or maybe just bits and pieces on TV), but I could have sworn the actor was Martin Short, lol. Was there a similar movie I'm thinking of with him in it?

Clifford

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Good a reason as any to post this I guess, that movie is so good

https://youtu.be/UuFwIhKLsXM

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

EL BROMANCE posted:

I was a massive Young Ones fan as a disaffected US teen in the late 80s and I’ve seen all of Bottom, Dangerous Brothers, Comic Strip etc., but yeah, unless you were a punk-leaning type here at that specific moment, basically no one outside of your tiny social circle knew Rik or the rest. I remember really hoping DDF would be his US breakthrough and his massive talent would clearly lead to a string of successful anarchic comedies, but it obviously didn’t work out that way.

I think Adrian Edmondson is probably best known stateside for being Jennifer Saunders’ husband who popped up on AbFab a few times and sang the theme song, honestly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was about 12 when Bottom came out, so it was my favorite thing to watch. I saw one of those 'Americans Reacts' videos for it and boooooy did they not get the show at all. Anarchic slapstick that's not really comparable to anything, with 2 lead characters who are totally awful people. Lovely stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd_JNdv8esY

I thought given their ages and being professional comedians that someone on stage might have seen Young Ones, which I know did better at least. I know things like Are You Being Served were big over here, they should've aired it afterwards ha.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I was a big Young Ones fan, but that didn't stop DDF from being absolutely terrible.

Heather Anne Campbell does that "I don't know anything about [pop culture thing] and I'm proud of it" thing that annoys me to death. You can say you don't know about football or reality TV without acting like you're so loving above it all. Sometimes she and Wiger bounce off each other well, but other times I really struggle with her personality.

...then again, I struggle a lot more with Spoon's personality but I would never want a Doughboys without him, so maybe this chemistry just needs a little more time to click.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

gently caress Your Website posted:

I think Adrian Edmondson is probably best known stateside for being Jennifer Saunders’ husband who popped up on AbFab a few times and sang the theme song, honestly.

These days he's probably best known for The Last Jedi.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Today's episode of How Did This Get Played has been my favorite yet. It was very funny, and I hope they get Sean Clements to guest spot more.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Gargamel Gibson posted:

These days he's probably best known for The Last Jedi.

He was in that? Good on him, that's great! Glad to see he's still out there even if my capacity to care about new Star Wars movies withered awhile ago, you never know what might lead to someone discovering the wonders of Vyvyan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hm, she hates reality tv so she is wrong, but she does love Terrace House so she is right.
Human beings are complicated.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hm, she hates reality tv so she is wrong, but she does love Terrace House so she is right.
Human beings are complicated.

I agree with Heather Anne that watching shows with constant aggression and drama can negatively affect you with anxiety and frustration, but it’s not the same as watching a gory or scary movie, which is very very very different than watching actual snuff films.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh she is right there but Survivor is like some of the best tv when its good, I don't blame anyone for not watching it if it messes with their anxiety or anything tho.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it applies less to Survivor shows and more like a Housewives show where the arguments are the bread and butter and there’s no real game or competition. American cooking shows are also edited to the pace of a panic attack.

Survivor is fun, I just lost interest years ago when the format got too gimmicky and convoluted.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sean was also on a show called the wokest today?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I was genuinely shocked that at least Mantzoukas didn't know who Rik Mayall was.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

I was genuinely shocked that at least Mantzoukas didn't know who Rik Mayall was.

It sounded like he did. He mentioned the Young Ones. Or at least, backed up Paul when he said it. I can't remember exactly.
E: Yeah at 35:30 ish.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 6, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah there we go, I probably got to just under the 30 minute mark so they’d mentioned ‘the actor’ but just not any familiarity by that point. That makes me happy, everyone should know the joy of Rik (the P is silent).

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah there we go, I probably got to just under the 30 minute mark so they’d mentioned ‘the actor’ but just not any familiarity by that point. That makes me happy, everyone should know the joy of Rik (the P is silent).

lol same. Just hadn't gotten that far yet.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
By the way, this episode is absolutely amazing. Team Jason/June.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't think it's interesting to argue the logic so much in dumb, silly movies. The reason anyone would like them is in direction and performances, not because of airtight lore.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Laterite posted:

By the way, this episode is absolutely amazing. Team Jason/June.

Weren't they on different teams?

It was real weird to have Jason and June find themselves in agreement, and I like that it was weird for them too.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

FitFortDanga posted:

Heather Anne Campbell does that "I don't know anything about [pop culture thing] and I'm proud of it" thing that annoys me to death. You can say you don't know about football or reality TV without acting like you're so loving above it all. Sometimes she and Wiger bounce off each other well, but other times I really struggle with her personality.

What are these words? :smug:

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i like her because i don't know about those things too and i'm better than you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

really sublime HH this week

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

I was nervous going in, I love Jesse and Go Off Kings, but was worried because he's not a "pro". He absolutely killed it. Sean reading his old packets was an all time HH classic moment.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

I was nervous going in, I love Jesse and Go Off Kings, but was worried because he's not a "pro". He absolutely killed it. Sean reading his old packets was an all time HH classic moment.

I dunno. Feels like punching down.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Really inside baseball.

...Do y'all like Uncrustables?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Franchescanado posted:

I dunno. Feels like punching down.
HE'S THE BOSS!