Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Bret Favre is the reason is fell in love with football
enabling ben favre ova here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Same

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I love Brett Favre and I even share a birthday with him. He was one of those fun QBs to watch in the same category as Vick and Romo for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Favre is the goat even if he isn’t technically the best.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Favre is the goat even if he isn’t technically the best.

Gunslingiest of all time

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
18: Matt Ryan: As the goon who preserved this and has reposted it upon request, I'm legally required to do so again, because when Big Bob Pataki calls something a cry for help, it needs to be preserved for all time....

I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

You guys can't tell me that when you look into that picture of Matt Ryan you don't see a man who grew up in the shadow of an older brother. Jerry was the better athlete, Jerry had all the girlfriends, Jerry was the charmer who could roll around in pig poo poo, flash that million dollar smile, and come out smelling like roses. That’s not to say Matt wasn’t a decent athlete or didn’t have any girlfriends, but Jerry was the star player on the high school football team (although “star” is a relative term on a team that won 6 games in 2 years) and Jerry’s wife (then girlfriend) was the prom queen, and how exactly was Matt supposed to compete with that? Matt would say he had the last laugh now that Jerry is a balding, over-weight claims adjuster living in Overland Park Kansas, but Jerry and Cynthia found Jesus and have five kids and Matt is preparing to divorce his wife whom he hasn’t seen naked in over a year so it’s difficult to feel superior. Matt stopped being bitter at Jerry a long time ago anyways. Once they grew up and stopped competing with each other at everything Matt realized that his brother is just like everyone else, trying to do his best and get by day to day. Matt sometimes lies awake at night wondering if his financial success, which he considers moderate but which any sane person would consider substantial, has really bought him anything but heartburn and a failed marriage, but it’s the sort of crisis that doesn’t lead to any meaningful change and is forgotten by the time the alarm goes off and it’s time to hit the river trail. It’s a cold morning and Matt hopes the grad-student doesn’t decide to hit the snooze button.

You misunderstand. It’s not fan fiction. I’m just trying to describe what this picture looks like:

And what it looks like is a man who has been calling his lawyer’s office for the past week and a half and hanging up as soon as the receptionist answers because he feels guilty for beginning this process and blindsiding his wife with divorce papers. But it isn’t really blindsiding is it? Shannon has to know this is coming. She has to. She knows what has been going on for the past five years, or, more to the point, what has not been going on. Hell, she’s probably been seeing someone else behind his back. Who the gently caress knows what goes on all day when he’s at the office? But then again, this is a woman who spends forty-five minutes in the bathroom at a time and he can hear the sobbing through the door on occasion when she forgets to run the sink to drown it out. She still isn’t well and probably never will be, and if he were to serve her and she were to hurt herself he’s not sure he could forgive himself, not to mention the damage that would do to their daughter. So he continues to put it off, and most nights when he gets home from work he parks his Lexus in the driveway and rehearses what he’s going to say when he walks through the door. “Shannon, we both know this isn’t working. It’s not good for either of us to go on this way.” But what if she wants to work things out? He’s well past wanting to try and make it work, but what if she wants to? Could he actually say no to counseling? Wouldn’t that make him a bad person? And as soon as he’s ready to finally say it, he walks in the door and into the bedroom and the master bathroom door is closed and he can hear the sink running. So he changes into his running clothes and heads out to the river trail.

Sorry jefe, it’s June and the Halos are bottom feeders so I feel empty inside.

Matt looks like he feels pretty empty inside, sort of like a man who just had a two hour argument with his wife because she felt “Way too loving fat” to go to dinner at the club with the Applebaums. But he’s tired of making excuses for her, “Oh sorry, Shannon is a bit under the weather,” “Oh sorry, our baby sitter canceled at the last minute,” “Oh sorry, Shannon is feeling way too loving fat to come tonight.” So he begs and pleads and she slams the bathroom door so hard the windows shake. They ride to the club in total silence. He reaches for the radio, but she shifts in her seat and groans so he retracts his hand and curses to himself internally. At the club it’s all handshakes and smiles, though she does manage a subtle glare at him when he orders a double Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks. Janice Applebaum asks if she’d like to share a bottle of wine, and she says “No thank you, I think one of us should remain sober.” Other than that little dig things go smoothly enough, but before they’ve ordered dessert she excuses herself and doesn’t return for twenty or so minutes. She claims to have run into Emilia Parker in the ladies restroom and she just couldn’t get away any sooner, but he notices the hastily reapplied lipstick and he’s sure the Applebaum’s do as well. On the way home he catches a brief whiff of sour breath from her and he almost says something, but before he can she asks if he wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch tonight because he always wakes her up when he leaves early to head out for a run. As they walk through the door she heads straight into the master bath and shuts the door.

Okay, that taken care of, let's talk about Matty Ice. For all of TFF's jokes about him being bland, he's almost had a career that would be ideal in a vacuum. He joined a team that had a great running game, and wasn't asked to shoulder the whole load when he started out. This clearly helped him, and when Atlanta started loading up on weapons for him, he consistently has put up very good numbers. The down side of it was Ryan has generally had meh coaching and largely inconsistent defenses. While everyone here can name a number of offensive players the Falcons have had since 2008 (And very good ones for periods, like Michael Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez), how many defensive stars can you name? I had to look up some of their rosters to remember Keith Brooking existed, that Lawyer Malloy was still there with Ryan, Brent Grimes was there for a while, that John Abraham went to a Pro Bowl, and a bunch of other guys whose names I vaguely recall from the peak of my Madden playing days. I really hope he continues to have a lot of success, and hopefully wins a Super Bowl some day, because right now, it'd be a shame that he'll best be remembered for Kyle Shanahan bullshit play calling. gently caress the Patriots.

17: Russell Wilson: :schotty:

I don't really have much to add here. Everyone knows Wilson is an extremely good quarterback, and has clearly benefited most of his career so far from having great defenses and generally good running games. It was only a mild surprise that he was 3rd in terms of having good defenses. I'm curious where his career will go, and where he'll wind up statistically as he continues to play.

16: Tony Romo: :romo:

As a Giants fan, I loving loathed Tony Romo in 2006 and 2007. It took a few years before I would admit, yeah, he was a really, really good quarterback with often questionable coaching and supporting casts. The Broncos game in 2013 really symbolizes his career to me: Romo goes toe to toe with the highest scoring offense in NFL history, throwing for 500 yards and 5 TDs. Denver never punted and Dallas twice took the lead in the 4th. But, tied at 48 with two minutes left, Romo was picked by a diving Danny Trevathan at the Cowboy 24. The Broncos were able to run the clock down and kick the winning field goal as time ran out. In a 51-48 shootout where Romo did everything to keep them in the game, it seemed like everyone focused on the late interception, rather than their defense getting dragged up and down the field and fooled by a hilarious Peyton Manning bootleg. Romo was clearly an extremely talented passer and quarterback, but the teams around him faltered in the biggest games, either in the playoffs, or games that would have gotten them in.

It's a shame his playing career never went any better, but Cowboy fans don't really deserve happiness, so it's not that awful. Plus, he's the best color commentator since John Madden, so we all benefit from that. gently caress Jerry Jones.

15: Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben is a rapist. He's a diva in the style of Brett Favre, but without any of Favre's redneck redeeming qualities or batshit hilarious insanity anymore.

Early in his career, Ben had phenomenal defenses and great running games. I remember a statistic that came up a lot during his first few years about how the Steelers had a miserable record if he had to attempt 25 or more passes a game. He was a game manager, and a very effective one. He made plays when he had too, often shaking off defenders with his size (Except where it counts :quagmire:) and was by no means a terrible quarterback. Roethlisberger has also benefited from fantastic offensive supporting casts. He's always had at least one, usually two very good receivers at any single time (Guys like Burress, Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Randel El, Brown, Smith-Schuster, with Miller at TE for many of those years), and rarely have the Steelers had terrible running games. He took hits at times, as the offensive line had some lean years combined with Bruce Arians deep passing offense, but it's hard to be hyper critical as the franchise has been to three Super Bowls in the last 15 years, won two, and have only had four losing seasons in 30 years.

He, and the Steelers, have a wonderful inconsistency about them. They've had games where they go head to head with the best teams in the NFL, sometimes winning, sometimes not. And yet, they always seem to get their poo poo kicked in by craptacular Raiders teams, and always seem to play down to some 5-11 team they play each year. The 2005 team had maybe the luckiest playoff run in NFL history with the Bengals getting injured to hell, the Colts being rusty and Dungy being conservative (AND gently caress YOU MIKE VANDERJAGT!!!), and then the refs ruined Super Bowl XL. He's played well in other playoff runs, particularly 2008, but Ben has also totally hosed up at other times... and it never seems to come up.

I'm just sick of hearing about Roethlisberger. I hope he dies of herpes he gets from Trump's sloppy seconds.

36: Jim McMahon: Look at his numbers, and then vomit. In his best year, unsurprisingly 1985, he threw for career highs of 2,392 yards and 15 touchdowns, and he did run for 3 more. His career completion percentage is 58%, and twice got just over 60% ('91 with the Eagles, '93 with the Vikings). He threw for less yards and touchdowns in his career than Dan Pastorini, Chris Miller, or even loving Trent Dilfer. In a way, McMahon was the anti-Dilfer, a QB who wasn't really that great, but had a colorful personality that teammates loved and inspired confidence in fans. To McMahon's credit, he did make a few big plays for the Bears at times. But, how much it really matter when they had Sweetness and a defense that was 100% constructed to demolish standard 1980's offenses is quite debatable. His spot on this list is entirely due to the great defenses he played with, but has an overall quarterback, I'd have put him much closer to the bottom of this list.

14: Drew Brees: He's really good. We all know him, I don't need to add much.

13: Brett Favre: rofl 1st place Vikings QB. :laugh:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The best criticism of Romo's NFL career is that if he cared about winning a title he wouldn't have re-signed with the Cowboys knowing Jerry was GM and Garrett was HC for life. Don't be loyal to dipshits who don't deserve it kids, it never ends well.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Brett, I can't explain why, I'm nowhere near Green Bay, and he never played for the Jags.

I hope he's off the pills and doing well on his farm back in Mississippi :unsmith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a neat cape posted:

Gunslingiest of all time
:haibrow:

I still remember the 1996 NFC Championship game against the Panthers when Bort Freve was practically wrapped up in the backfield and did a two handed chest pass to the running back and the Packers got the first down to continue the drive and score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCZXaYzEFw

Go to 5:50 to see the play.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The only bad thing favre ever did was the wild sexual harassment.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Overrated IMO. Threw the ball up for grabs too much.

I fell in love with football mainly watching nasty defenses - 70's era Raiders and Steelers - along with hard running and flashy RB's like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BiggerBoat posted:

Overrated IMO. Threw the ball up for grabs too much.

I fell in love with football mainly watching nasty defenses - 70's era Raiders and Steelers - along with hard running and flashy RB's like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett.

That's way before my time, sir

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Threw the ball up for grabs too much.

we’ve already established Brett favre owns

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

BiggerBoat posted:

Threw the ball up for grabs too much.

The only problem with Bort Farva is that he didn’t Hail Mary every play so I could pretend I was watching a real life version of every game I played on nfl blitz.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
1995-1996-1997 was a legitimately amazing 3 season run by Favre.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Every time they put Brett Favre on MNF was a good MNF

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Brett Favre was great because there was always gonna be an amazing play. You just didn't know if it was gonna be for the offense or defense.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 5, 2019

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

seiferguy posted:

Brett Farve was great because there was always gonna be an amazing play. You just didn't know if it was gonna be for the offense or defense.

God this should be on his HoF Plaque, it's perfection in a description.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Any good memories I had of Favre have just been replaced by the seered-in image of his weird dick

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

latinotwink1997 posted:

The only problem with Bort Farva is that he didn’t Hail Mary every play so I could pretend I was watching a real life version of every game I played on nfl blitz.

What about now it's time to rock with the Bickedy Bort Forva
Bum to the bum to the bum to the bass to the bum to the Bort to the Forva

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DariusLikewise posted:

Any good memories I had of Favre have just been replaced by the seered-in image of his weird dick

Crocs

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Brett Faver was a lot of fun to watch as a kid but only from a distance. I always wanted him around the league, just not on my team

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Ok, I did an actual write-up on Bert Favor, so whatever.

13. Brett Favre

Drafted in 1991 by Jerry Glanville's Run and Shoot Falcons, Favre and Glanville got along like Clint Eastwood and Teenagers, an obvious disconnect between the front office and the head coach. Favre dropped back all of 5 times for the Falcons, was sacked once, threw two picks, and two incompletions. Packers GM Ron Wolf really coveted Favre coming out of the draft, but was snaked by the Falcons the year prior, so he was willing to trade a first rounder to secure Favre in Green Bay. And as they say, the rest is history. Favre replaced the injured Don Majkowski three games into the 1992 season, and his legacy was born as he lead a comeback after being down 17-3 against the Bengals to secure a 24-23 victory. Favre never gave up a start to any of his backups in his long time there, a list that includes Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, and most importantly of all, Craig Nall. Favre and the Packers spent the next couple of seasons compiling talent, while working around a QB who always wanted to make the big play happen, even if it would lead to a costly turnover otherwise. They would go 9-7 for three straight seasons, but in 1993 and 1994 they would break into the playoffs. Both trips were quite similar, they would beat the Lions in the wild-card round, and then get pounded by the Dallas Cowboys in the divisional round as they just couldn't match the talent those Cowboys teams had.

1995 would mark a turning point for the Packers, as Brett Favre won his first of three consecutive MVP's, on a streak of three straight years with 3800+ yards and 35+ TD passes. The Packers would go 11-5 in 1995, their best record since the Lombardi era, and win a date with Favre's old team the Falcons in the wild-card round. Favre threw 3 TD's and no picks in a 37-20 victory over them. Their next date was with the defending super bowl champion 49ers, and the Packers mauled them, came out to a 21-0 lead early, and sat on it on the way to a 27-17 victory. However, round 3 against the Cowboys would end the same as rounds 1 and 2, with Favre coming up short against the sheer talent on the Dallas team, losing 38-27 after being shut out in the 4th quarter. But 1996 was good, they didn't need to play the Cowboys in the playoffs, and they secured home field advantage in the playoffs with a 13-3 record. The 49ers were no challenge, and the surprising Panthers choked miserably in the NFC Championship game. The Super Bowl put them up against Drew Bledsoe's Patriots, and Favre threw for 2 touchdowns, ran for 1 and didn't win the MVP for the game, instead it went to kick returner Desmond Howard, who scored the last TD of the game in a 35-21 result. 1997 would mark another 13-3 season, and another season where neither the Bucs in the divisional round, nor the 49ers in the conference championship could hope to stop the Packers roll. But all dreams must die, and the Packers faced an opponent they could not beat, the surprising wild card Denver Broncos with an aging John Elway, and Terrell Davis who despite having a migraine took the ball 30 times for 157 yards and 3 TD's. The game was close throughout, but the Packers simply could not make any headway at the end of the game in a 31-24 loss.

Favre would never go to the super bowl again, despite his illustrious career, and he would never win the MVP again, though he had plenty of seasons where he was in the discussion for it. The Packers finally lost to the 49ers in the playoffs in 1998, in a game where Favre would throw two picks, and the game would be sealed by an incredible Terrell Owens catch from Steve Young with 8 seconds left on the clock. Favre would throw more interceptions than touchdowns in 1999 as the new head coach Ray Rhodes didn't work out too hot for them. 2000 would see the Pack go 9-7 and miss the playoffs despite going on a 4 game winning streak to end the season. It took until 2001 for the Packers to come back to form, as they retooled the team around Favre with young defensive players, and built chemistry with his new young weapons like Ahman Green, Bubba Franks, and Donald Driver. The Pack would go 12-4, Favre would break the 30 TD mark, and throw less than 20 interceptions for once. They even beat the crap out of the 49ers in the wild-card round, just like old times. Then the divisional round happened and the St. Louis Rams and the greatest show on turf put up 45 on the Packers, no doubt bolstered by Favre's 6 interceptions and two lost fumbles by skill position players. The Packers would again go 12-4 in 2002, and this time Favre would only throw 2 interceptions in his playoff loss, but also lose 2 fumbles as well. Michael Vick's Falcons would clear them out 27-7 in the wild card round. The Packers would make the playoffs in 2003 as well with Favre eclipsing 20 picks on the season again, and in a wild card game against the Seahawks, he was fortunate that Matt Hasslebeck was the one to throw the first interception in overtime and not him. Of course he would respond by throwing an interception to Brian Dawkins in overtime in the very next week, putting the Eagles in great position to kick a game winning field goal. 2004 would mark a repeat of Favre throwing too many interceptions in the playoffs, as he gave 4 to the Vikings on the way to a 31-17 loss in the wild card round. This would mark the start of the "will he, won't he retire talk" and prompt the Packers executives to make a decision. It was time to draft Favre's replacement, and they had the luxury of watching as Aaron Rodgers fell to their laps at the 24th overall pick.

2005 in turn, would be Favre worst season of his career. To this point in his long career he had never experienced a losing season, but there's a first time for everything as the Packers went 4-12. Favre threw 607 times, only made 20 TD passes, along with 29 interceptions, the highest mark in his career. If not for all the good will he had bought Packers fans, he would have been benched for Rodgers much earlier than he was. Favre waffled with retirement again, but decided to stay on. The struggles continued in 06' but Favre threw 10 less interceptions that season, and the Packers went on a roll in December, winning their last 4 to finish a respectable 8-8. There were calls to replace Favre with Rodgers, but he was still the starter come 2007, and for a brief wonderful period of time for Packers fans, they had felt like their faith in the old codger had been justly rewarded. Favre may have had his best season as a Packer with new head coach Mike McCarthy and him finally meshing. He would throw for 4155 yards, 28 TD's, only 15 INT's, and was second in MVP voting because some rear end in a top hat team decided to go undefeated that year. He took the Packers to a 13-3 record, and got them home field advantage in the NFC. They would put up 42 points on the outmatched Seattle Seahawks in the divisional round, and look deadly against the New York Giants in the conference championship. But all things must fail, and Brett Favre reminded the world exactly who he was that day in the NFC Championship. The Packers offense stumbled in the 4th quarter against the Giants, and the game was tied at 20 going into overtime, despite multiple opportunities for Lawrence Tynes to kick a game winning field goal. Favre would be certain to give them one more, throwing a pick to RW McQuarters in OT, and watching as Lawrence Tynes finally hit a field goal from 47 yards out. And this would mark the end of his time with the Packers, as they got sick of his waffling with retirement, his desire to be traded to Minnesota was not accepted nor was his release from his contract, and instead he was thrown to the Jets.

He would look really good for the Jets, at least for the first 11 games of the season or so, as the Jets would climb to an 8-3 record, including a game where they beat the Patriots in overtime in Gillette Stadium. However, Favre had torn the labrum in his shoulder and decided to keep playing despite the injury and the Jets suffered as a result, losing 4 of their last 5 as Favre threw only 2 TD's to 9 interceptions, as they averaged 16 points of offense down the stretch. The Jets went 9-7 and missed the postseason entirely. The Jets were also fined for not reporting that they had knowledge of Favre's injury. Favre retired... he was cut... and then he suddenly came back just in time to sign with the Minnesota Vikings, because if I have any indication of Favre's personality, dude is a petty and vindictive bitch, and he wanted to stick it to the Packers for taking him out on their terms and not his. Favre had by far his most efficient season of his career, and he had an incredible running mate in the backfield with Adrian Peterson to hand off to. Favre threw less than 10 interceptions for the first time in his career since his rookie season, when he only threw four passes. He also put up 33 TD passes, 4200 yards, and a passer rating over 100 for the first time in his career. The Vikings went 12-4 as a result, and had the second seed in the NFC. And of course, Favre became the first QB in NFL history to beat all 32 current teams. Favre would finally beat the Cowboys in the playoffs in a cathartic 34-3 throttling in the divisional round. But in the conference championship, the Saints defense had all the answers, and beat Favre black and blue as he would eventually throw a game sealing interception, as is par for the course. Favre's 2010 would be marked with injuries, as his starting streak came to an end at 321 games, he would throw 19 interceptions to just 11 TD's in his final season and he would finally retire for real.

As expected of a player this high on the list, Favre's splits are incredible. Though the end of his career is marked by many postseason failures, he was an incredible regular season quarterback, and despite how many interceptions he threw he would never get discouraged. Sometimes that was a great thing, nothing could dent his confidence. Sometimes he would just continue to throw interceptions, and no coach, player, or act of god could stop that man from slinging it. Many of his records that he held at his retirement have since been broken by Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, but when he retired, basically everything on the record book belonged to him. His consecutive starts including postseason has been threatened a few times by players, but for now it looks like a streak that will hold for a long, long time. Philip Rivers is the closest player to breaking it currently, and he's 102 starts behind the mark.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Is there any way to generate a nude Favre?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just text him, I guess?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ve made it this far in my life without seeing Brett Favre’s genitals, and I plan to continue living my mediocre life without seeing his allegedly weird schlong.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember in one of the games while he was with the Vikings, after throwing yet another INT, they cut to his wife in the crowd, and she did a beautiful facepalm. But I can't seem to find that gif / image in my google search. Felt apt because that was around the time his dick pic came out.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Bret Favre just has a disappointing weiner, like laughably small. That's the only thing I remember about it

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fartknocker posted:

I’ve made it this far in my life without seeing Brett Favre’s genitals, and I plan to continue living my mediocre life without seeing his allegedly weird schlong.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I remember Jerry Glanville being quoted to the effect that if the Falcons' TEs mothers wanted to see their boys catch passes then they should come to practice.

As a child who got by in Tecmo Super Bowl playoff runs by throwing safety valve passes to Brent Jones when Rice and Taylor were inevitably covered, this offended me.

This anecdote, and the color black, are the only things I think of when I hear the name Jerry Glanville.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
As a lifelong packer fan this is still the coolest throw Favre ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxSzxIxPrY

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hopkins FBI posted:

Is there any way to generate a nude Favre?

gently caress his mom? It worked once. :shrug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Bret Favre just has a disappointing weiner, like laughably small. That's the only thing I remember about it

It lived up to his number.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was it Brett with the grey dick or was that Ben?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Farve and Stafford are in the same category. Even if their on a division rival it's impossible to hate them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

Was it Brett with the grey dick or was that Ben?

Greydick was (is?) Ben. Brett just has the small one.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

the thrill of victory

the agony of defeat

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Logicblade posted:

His consecutive starts including postseason has been threatened a few times by players, but for now it looks like a streak that will hold for a long, long time. Philip Rivers is the closest player to breaking it currently, and he's 102 starts behind the mark.

The most realistic shot anyone had was probably dashed when the Giants benched Eli. Rivers would have to play until he's at least 44, and even then he'd need to get into the playoffs every year.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
12. Jim Kelly (Buffalo Bills 1986-1996)
1st Place Bills QB
Career Record 110-65-0 (62.86%) 17th out of 102

Record in Games with Good Defense 83-14-0 (85.57%) 15th out of 102
Record in Games with Bad Defense 27-51-0 (34.62%) 20th out of 102
Percentage of Games with Good Defense 97/175 (55.43%) 32nd out of 102 (+20)

Wins above Average in a 16 Game Season (1.841)

Jim Kelly is known as one of the three pillars of the 1983 QB Class, but it is often felt like the third wheel in comparison to Marino and Elway. He didn't come out of the league already crowned like Elway, and he wasn't putting up ridiculous passing numbers like Marino was. In fact, Jim Kelly didn't even start his career in the NFL. Because Kelly didn't want to play for a cold weather team, and considering the biggest name of the draft was adamant in not playing for the Colts, Kelly felt like he had a bit of leverage as well. He was thrilled Buffalo didn't take him with their first round pick... only to groan when they took him with their second first round pick that year. He was resigned to his fate, but when going to negotiate his contract, he was poached by the USFL. They offered him a choice, do you want to play in Buffalo... or Houston? Kelly made the decision to play for the Houston Gamblers, and so he made the USFL his bitch for a few seasons. However, the USFL would fold thanks to poor business decision from poor business people, and Kelly's right were still held by the Buffalo Bills. Showing he could dominate the USFL, the Bills were thrilled to get him, even if it took three seasons longer than they had originally planned.

The early years were rough for Kelly, as he struggled to get acclimated to the team, and they fired their coach midway through the season. Marv Levy was brought on as the interim and he stuck around, though it took until 1988 for things to really click for the Bills. While Kelly threw more interceptions than touchdowns that season, the emergence of Bruce Smith and that defense meant they could cruise to a 12-4 record. As they would make a habit of, they beat the Oilers in the divisional round, but would be beat by the Bengals in the AFC Championship that year, after Kelly threw 3 picks in the loss. 1989 would see the Bills make the playoffs again, but only barely as Kelly suffered a seperated shoulder midway through the season, and after only taking three weeks off, was back on the field to finish it. The Bills struggled to a 9-7 record in december, and were promptly beaten by the Browns in the wild-card round, despite Kelly throwing for 4 TDs and 400 yards that game.

But the reason everyone remembers Jim Kelly and the Bills is the run of 4 straight super bowl appearances, marked by 4 straight super bowl losses. 1990 would see Kelly break a 100 passer rating, and take the last two weeks of the regular season off as the Bills cruised to a 13-3 record and home field advantage in the AFC. The K-Gun offense put up 44 on the Dolphins, and then proceeded to put up 51 on the Los Angeles Raiders. They were looking unstoppable and in super bowl 25 came around, the best strategy was the never give Kelly the ball strategy. The Giants controlled the clock, kept Kelly contained, and despite only having a one point lead, they kept the Bills just far enough away for Scott Norwood to kick it wide right, and become the most miserable man in Buffalo for all time. The Bills didn't get a shot like that again, despite going to the dance three more times. Kelly was putting the league on notice, but he was throwing a lot more picks as the defense was slowly declining. In 91' they'd pound the Chiefs in the divisional round, and against the Broncos they would get into a defensive showdown, decided by a John Elway interception rather than an amazing play by either 1983 QB. But the Redskins would get out to an early 24-0 lead in the Super Bowl, and keep the pressure going long enough to secure a 37-24 victory. 1992 was a year where they didn't even get homefield, going 11-5, and losing their last game of the regular season to the Oilers thanks to a Kelly injury partway through the game. Frank Reich led the greatest comeback in history to beat the Oilers 41-38, after being down 35-3 at one point. Reich would keep them steady against the Steelers, doing enough not to blow a great defensive performance. Jim Kelly came back for the AFC Championship against the Dolphins, and while he was still shaking off the rust, Thurman Thomas did a lot of work in a 29-10 victory. However Kelly didn't last long in the super bowl, getting pulled midway through the second quarter because his knee was aggravated in the game. The Cowboys put up 52 on the Bills, and that was that.

Kelly appeared to be weakening in 1993, as he threw 18 TDs and 18 INT's, but the defense was strong, the schedule was weak, and the Bills went 12-4, gaining home field advantage once again. Kelly lead a game winning drive against the Raiders in the divisional round, winning 29-23. There was no need for heroics in the AFC Championship, as the Bills smothered Joe Montana and Marcus Allen on the way to a 30-13 victory. Jim Kelly played the entire rematch against the Cowboys, and even came out to a 13-6 lead at halftime. Then the Dallas defense buckled down, forced a fumble return touchdown, held Buffalo scoreless in the second half, and ending up winning 30-13. The Bills would end up losing their last three games of 94, and fail to make the playoffs entirely at 7-9. They came back in 95 and went 10-6, and even beat the Dolphins in the wild card round 37-22, but against the Pittsburgh Steelers and their defense, Kelly threw three picks in a 40-21 loss. 1996 would be Kelly's last season as he struggled with injuries, was sacked the most times he had ever been in his career, and only threw 14 TDs to 19 INT's. The Bills would lose in the wild card round to the surprising Jaguars, and that would be the first time they ended the career of a QB drafted in the 1983 draft class. They did the same to Marino a few years later, but at least the Bills were competitive in this loss, only falling 30-27.

Kelly's career wasn't the longest, but he had 11 strong years in the league, with 8 playoff appearances, and 4 AFC Championship victories to his credit. He could never get his teams over the NFC hump though, and that is something that will always stick with him despite the high level of success he had in the league. When it came to surrounding casts, Kelly had a great group to work with, a pair of hall of fame wide receivers for the majority of his run, a hall of fame running back, one of the greatest defensive ends to ever step onto the field, and a bunch of really talented role players, who all stuck together under the same head coach for 10.5 of those seasons. Once Kelly found his place in the league, he didn't give it up until his body gave up. Kelly ends up in the top 20 for both of his splits, and a defense just barely in the top third of the entire study, which shows that he had no issue performing to his best in any circumstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You left out an important fact: Jim Kelly is responsible for the Oklahoma City Bombing.