Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just ran into two different terrible names at once -

Cuckasaurus Rex

Come Dump

never change, MMOs. Never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cuckasaurus Rex

Come Dump

So what were the terrible ones?

I'm sure I'm years late on this but is the l55 (I think, the one on the boat) SAM quest supposed to be this drat hard? Most of the other role quests are dead simple and I can do with no effort even with way outdated gear, but this one keeps kicking my rear end. Everyone does so much friggin damage!

Fonjo
Jan 1, 2012

garfield hentai posted:

I'm sure I'm years late on this but is the l55 (I think, the one on the boat) SAM quest supposed to be this drat hard? Most of the other role quests are dead simple and I can do with no effort even with way outdated gear, but this one keeps kicking my rear end. Everyone does so much friggin damage!

It's harder than most. They do a ton of damage. I feel like those quests were tuned for higher quality gear than most people actually have equipped.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cuckasaurus Rex

Come Dump

I have an alt named "Finger Bang"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Yes, yes! Also you're basically at Stormblood now.

Though to this day I still don't understand why Yuyuhase is still hanging out with Ilberd and helping him by that point. At least Laurentius is a coward with nowhere else to turn so I can understand him hitching his wagon to the only strong personality that doesn't actively hate him. Yuyuhase always struck me as being purely mercenary though, and he had nothing at all to gain from *checks notes* murdering a bunch of Ala Mhigan refugee dupes to summon a god of rage and provoke a war where everyone on all sides wants him dead.

For some reason I suspect the guy who does a lot of backstabbing isn't entirely honest to his associates about his long-term plans

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

garfield hentai posted:

Yeah, I think I had to wait till I hit the max level cap and even get some better gear to push through it. The big trick is doing everything you can to not take damage I think while also murdering as fast as you can. It's doable though.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

HOLY MOLY I just did the Singularity Reactor, that fight was bloody amazing, and when all the other people got summoned in :vince: I'm just sad it was over so fast and was too easy, but I guess being multiple years late does that!

Also...Estinien :ohdear:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

RoboJoe posted:

HOLY MOLY I just did the Singularity Reactor, that fight was bloody amazing, and when all the other people got summoned in :vince: I'm just sad it was over so fast and was too easy, but I guess being multiple years late does that!

FWIW while it does end fast now, it was pretty easy at launch as well. The Stormblood and Shadowbringers end trials are considerably tougher.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Finally cleared E2S earlier. I am hoping getting the kill on it after reset won't be a total nightmare, because I no longer can extract any enjoyment from it. Should be better once everybody has new tome weapons. whew

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ever have one of those days where you're convinced you've pissed off some sort of higher being?

Got Vault for LDR, the other DPS is a BLM who openly admits he just crafts and doesn't do combat much, whatever. He's honest about it so I don't care if his dps is bad. But he also just doesn't cast spells half the time and runs around casting Scathe and poo poo, that's more problematic. Combined with an AST who was an honest healer who also shockingly, seemed to hate healing as well. Would just let the tank hit 30% before using a single nocturnal sect aoe, maybe an essential dignity too, and call it a day. I abandoned on the second boss because we sure as hell weren't clearing in a timely manner.

Requeue after my penalty is up, get Sirensong. I do literally double the damage of the BRD, and the tank uses Superbolide on pull whenever its up and also spins every boss around while jumping. BRD d/cs after second boss and the party refuses to kick him, won't give an explanation for why, and then proceeds to keep pulling including the last boss without hesitation, so it's not like they were waiting for him.

Can't wait to do Main Story and somehow get a Praetorium where we timeout because no one is hitting buttons or even auto attacking.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Check out how freaking cute my weaver's outfit is!

I love that I could handmake this outfit :kimchi:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Hey other MCHs - when are you using Flamethrower?

when the boss leaves the arena i stand where they come back and pre-cast flamethrower so if i'm lucky i get one whole tick of free damage :supaburn:

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cuckasaurus Rex

Come Dump

Best name I've found so far is LUCIFER UCHIHA.

Zack Lockheart is a close second because whew those implications.

Also there was a Dante Something-or-other I forget who was the most uptight tank I've ever met, yelling at everyone that they were in the wrong spot during Labyrinth of the Ancients when it really didn't matter. Then the healer told him he went to the wrong group before Phlegethon and he just yelled back "stfu and heal". Then died to Ancient Flare.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

-I almost never use Repelling Shot, Warden's Paen - can I just move them to hotkeys I'll almost never press, am I supposed to be using these more often
-Similarly I never use ANY of the graze Role Actions?

Hey, level 68 BRD here so ymmv but Repelling is a good way to get out of AOE zones in a hurry, that said I mostly use it during solo content. Warden's Paen is like your own personal Esuna, I don't use it too often unless I need to cleanse something or I know the enemy is going to cast something on me that I'm going to want cleansed off me. I have Repelling on a relatively easy to reach hotkey but WP I keep on my 3rd hotbar.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

and the tank uses Superbolide on pull

This is a good thing just FYI, especially if the healer is a WHM. If they're doing big enough pulls, then 8 seconds of invuln is worth way more than 100% of their HP. And if they're not doing big enough pulls it shouldn't matter.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

isk posted:

FWIW while it does end fast now, it was pretty easy at launch as well. The Stormblood and Shadowbringers end trials are considerably tougher.

I'd say in terms of challenge the Shadowbringers boss is easier than Stormblood but harder than Heavensward's

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

This is a good thing just FYI, especially if the healer is a WHM. If they're doing big enough pulls, then 8 seconds of invuln is worth way more than 100% of their HP. And if they're not doing big enough pulls it shouldn't matter.

i interpreted "on pull" as meaning "immediately flushing hundreds of thousands of HP down the drain" but i don't know if that's what they meant

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.

Fister Roboto posted:

If you want an extremely in-depth guide, here you go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/preview

Be warned though, it's almost 400 pages long, and it hasn't been updated for ShB yet. It has a really good section that goes into detail on every ability, and it basically guides you through building your own rotation as you level.

Thanks, I started dipping into this!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd say in terms of challenge the Shadowbringers boss is easier than Stormblood but harder than Heavensward's

Yep, same

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean they would hit it, then run up and face aggro a pack of mobs 2-3 seconds later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean they would hit it, then run up and face aggro a pack of mobs 2-3 seconds later.

well then lol

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

The stormblood boss was below extremes but above most of the normal raids in terms of difficulty and probably the hardest thing I have ever healed when I did it on release. Shadowbringers feels pretty perfect because a wipe is normal enough when you dont know whats happening, but its clearable in one lockout easily.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

The proper time to use flamethrower is when you want to eat some more of your dinner during a fight

this is the correct use of flamethrower

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really like the new $18 outfit for girls

But it's $18 and doesn't even dye well

Choices.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

isk posted:

Haven't gotten to ShB end myself but is SB's last trial as much of a ballbuster as it was at launch? That was a nasty, nasty fight to drop on fresh 70s on day 1

oh efb i guess

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Is the Stormblood boss still hard today? I think I am doing it tonight and I looked up the mechanics and it looks to be a level above anything else in the MSQ up to this point.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tainen posted:

Is the Stormblood boss still hard today? I think I am doing it tonight and I looked up the mechanics and it looks to be a level above anything else in the MSQ up to this point.

It'll be alot smoother cuz practically everyone will be in BIS for stormblood gear due to ilevel scaling, but a few mechanics are definitely going to kill people.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Tainen posted:

It's still hard but more folks know the mechanics now. Really it depends on how much of the party is new folks/veterans who forgot the mechanics.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The hardest part of the stormblood msq boss is that people will probably still drop party if they get it in trial roulette even though it is a joke to skip much of the fight if people are even remotely geared.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I love superbolide. I am never going to get tired of just popping that when a boss is at 2%. It's so dumb and probably bad on balance but gently caress it. Seeing how many cool downs I can lure out is a game unto itself.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What’s go to channel for watching the raid bosses with just the music? I thought I remembered there being one but haven’t been able to find videos with without half the sound being effects or talking.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I mean, that can't work because Ilberd's dead and his whole plan revolved around killing himself and all the allied Ala Mhigans at Baelsar's Wall. There was never going to be any further grifting at that point because no matter who won Yuyuhase would be viewed as an enemy by the victor. Maybe he really was in "gently caress everything, I'm just gonna watch the fireworks" mode at that point. I guess I just though it was weird that he didn't bail the instant the plan became "kill off the guy writing my paycheck before I get paid" is all.

I'm betting that Ilberd killing himself may not have part of the plan from the start or if it was he probably didn't tell Yuyuhase about that part to get him to go along with it.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

What’s go to channel for watching the raid bosses with just the music? I thought I remembered there being one but haven’t been able to find videos with without half the sound being effects or talking.

I just normally search for "FFXIV <boss name> music" and it usually works

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

mekkah dee or dudewhereismyspoon

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Veotax posted:

I just normally search for "FFXIV <boss name> music" and it usually works

as a rule this seems to be the only thing that works

SE really, really, really doesn't like seeing the music unvarnished on Youtube (presumably they make money on the OSTs), but AFAIK they lose to Fair Use on gameplay video

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

there’s a jp account that does HD vids of raids with no UI or sounds apart from music, and they do savage and ultimate raids too so you can the crazy poo poo in those fights while you’re listening

i dont remember the name but you can find it pretty easy if you search ultima or bahamut ultimate

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

when the boss leaves the arena i stand where they come back and pre-cast flamethrower so if i'm lucky i get one whole tick of free damage :supaburn:

This is madness, of course.

Unrelated: somehow knocking 5 seconds off my Reassemble CD has injected a shitload of drift into rotation, and switching to the fast opener seems to result in me munching 10 heat every ~2 minutes off Barrel Stabilizer. It's weird. The drift is probably just a result of me having used Reassemble to time out where I am in my CDs and getting confused, and apparently munching heat is to be expected, but drat-- I kind of wish they'd just left Reassemble at 60s.

That said, I do love opening fights with Drill.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
ninja tower's back for this event, someone please link that twitter where the japanese guy is jumping up it and it goes slow mo every time he messes up and the first few moments of the steppes day theme plays

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

How hard are the Extreme trials synched these days? Is it worth doing that if I want to get cool glamours or just do it unsynched?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the difficulty isn't the problem so much as getting a group together to do it. If you have friends to run it with you it'll probably be a fun time, but there's basically zero pubbies interested in doing synced old content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Squidtentacle posted:

How hard are the Extreme trials synched these days? Is it worth doing that if I want to get cool glamours or just do it unsynched?

If you want glamours, just rapid-fire them unsynced until you get what you want.

If you want to experience what the fights are like synced, by all means, go for it.