Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

will had a great take on the blob remake then follows it up with that trash smdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

first thing I thought of when I saw felix's movie title

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1158454726998052864

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

OxySnake posted:

drat just came here to post this.

Some absolute grade A roasting.

By claiming that the wind that shakes the barley, a film set in the 1910s-20s, is about the troubles which would start decades later, the only person Will roasted there is himself, the dunce

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Kunster posted:

https://soundcloud.com/critmedia/beyond-the-filter-24-the-old-vs-new-internet-with-felix-biederman

This one! It's one of the only things they have faved on their soundcloud account. This isn't to say Chapo or whatever caused it, but more that they managed to gather a large ideological umbrella that resembles a raindrop equation that more or less agrees on general, but you end with the occasional stuff that gets people talking about red-brown alliances and what not.

I used to think your incoherence was a language thing but I'm starting to think maybe you have kahinabrain.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What, acknowledging that their approach is "hey we happen to engage a lot of otherwise non politically committed types of all sorts on a general banner leaning towards a left of some sort" warrants me shares on Playboy revenue?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
People just want you to 1) have some awareness that your perspective is almost always very alien to others in the thread 2) following on that, write comprehensible posts instead of like three seemingly disconnected thoughts

Like what is a raindrop equation in lay terms, where's the other half of the clause that we "end with", who is talking about red-brown alliances?

or just stop posting

e: one other thing that has to be said is that Felix doesn't have to do anything to "attract" a follower. He is very funny, has 126,000 followers, and twitter shows not just retweets but also likes and even "this person you follow follows this other person" to everyone now. It's universe brain to attribute any follower to CHUD-whispering almost no matter what action the follower took

emdash fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 5, 2019

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

On the sense that they do attract a somewhat disparate distribution of people of different ideologies around the left to right spectrum, not necessarily coherent or continuous.

Usually when they say stuff that attracts a not necessarily a left crowd, there's accusations of Strasserism and of being a part of a Red Brown alliance, if the occasional post about Noah Berlatsky is of any indication.

With Felix, when I say that, it is not saying he panders to a crowd here and there, but that when he talks about in a more serious tone and about being young and online, his words are usually more kind towards those on the fringe of society, which appeals in a similar way as to what Contrapoints 's shtick usually is.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

first thing I thought of when I saw felix's movie title

oh my god it's real lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Leslie Lee the Third also has a bad opinion about Blade Runner 2049, although he did like the Bautista scene showing he is redeemable.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Deckard being a replicant is a stupid idea.

Also all of this

The_Rob posted:

Blade Runner 2049 was pure trash that fundamentally misunderstood the original on a level I didn’t think was possible. Making Deckerd into this legendary figure rather than just a blip is so lame and predictable. Also doing the the tired your daughter is the key to the revolution nonsense. Deckard was never a hero and he probably did more harm than good in the original. The one interesting part of the movie was the digital girlfriend stuff but it didn’t really end up going anywhere. Honestly ford shouldn’t have been in the film at all.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 5, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Blade Runner 2049 was pure trash that fundamentally misunderstood the original on a level I didn’t think was possible. Making Deckerd into this legendary figure rather than just a blip is so lame and predictable. Also doing the the tired your daughter is the key to the revolution nonsense. Deckard was never a hero and he probably did more harm than good in the original. The one interesting part of the movie was the digital girlfriend stuff but it didn’t really end up going anywhere. Honestly ford shouldn’t have been in the film at all.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Blade Runner 2049 was boring as poo poo. Looked pretty cool though. Pretty fitting for a sequel to Blade Runner.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

2049 was an amazing film and probably better than the original. looking forward to the new dune film a lot, probably the best director and casting anyone could have asked for

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

THS posted:

2049 was an amazing film and probably better than the original. looking forward to the new dune film a lot, probably the best director and casting anyone could have asked for

Villeneuve reminds me a lot of Nolan as a director where he knows how to technically shoot a movie but can’t tell a half compelling story to save his life.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

Villeneuve reminds me a lot of Nolan as a director where he knows how to technically shoot a movie but can’t tell a half compelling story to save his life.

nolan is an actual worthless hack. he intentionally makes most of the dialogue unintelligible because he says he cares more about the texture and tone of the film or some stupid bullshit like that. arrival told an incredibly compelling story. comparing villeneuve to nolan is ridiculous

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Leslie Lee the Third also has a bad opinion about Blade Runner 2049, although he did like the Bautista scene showing he is redeemable.

True. Also that episode was great just because they got David Hayter (the voice of Solid Snake) on to talk about the movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

THS posted:

nolan is an actual worthless hack. he intentionally makes most of the dialogue unintelligible because he says he cares more about the texture and tone of the film or some stupid bullshit like that. arrival told an incredibly compelling story. comparing villeneuve to nolan is ridiculous

Nah I stand by it. They both suck. Arrival doesn’t have a whole lot going on once you get past the surface level stuff.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

Nah I stand by it. I’m an idiot and smell like a hot sewer.

agreed

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The_Rob posted:

And it's 30 minutes too long. It's visually stunning, though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

The_Rob posted:

Nah I stand by it. They both suck. Arrival doesn’t have a whole lot going on once you get past the surface level stuff.

goddamn you have some bad opinions

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Villeneuve is the best thing to come out of Quebec since Poutine. :quebec:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
they should do a cut of br2049 that removes 30-50 minutes of ryan gosling's face closeups. that would turn it into a good-looking, if kinda pedestrian, flick

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The_Rob posted:

If you pretend it is an anthology of shorts and ignore the overarching plot the individual elements are all much better.

Someone should edit in a frame story.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Trabisnikof posted:

If you pretend it is an anthology of shorts and ignore the overarching plot the individual elements are all much better.

Someone should edit in a frame story.

I could see that because yeah the movie does kind of feel that way. Making the second half about Deckard kind of kills the movie for me though. Truly I don’t think they needed to come back to that character at all.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Leslie Lee the Third is a concentrated, pure hard rock of Bad Opinions

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
bro, he's like, a loving robot or something, right? and, like, he's got thoughts and feelings and poo poo, dude. im going forget this unless im constantly treated to long-rear end shots of his completely expressionless face. bro

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zhulik posted:

bro, he's like, a loving robot or something, right? and, like, he's got thoughts and feelings and poo poo, dude. im going forget this unless im constantly treated to long-rear end shots of his completely expressionless face. bro

I gotta get me onea those, bro

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just skip BR2049 and watch Cherry 2000 instead.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

The_Rob posted:

I agree with this

Ryan Gosling having computer sex: cool, good

Jared Leto pretending to be blind and ranting incoherently at a bored Harrison Ford about pregnant robots or something: just absolute dogshit

It looked pretty though

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The_Rob posted:

Completely correct, except that the digital girlfriend thing did go somewhere, it ended with the replicant women smashing the data stick and asking if he enjoyed their product which was a hamfisted way of making sure the audience knew exactly what they were trying to say with that whole subplot. Amateur bullshit.

As if trapping Ford in a literal museum of nostalgia wasn’t enough.

It was a beautiful movie that was poorly written and forty minutes too long. And neither movie understands anything about PKD though one of the cuts of the original gets close by accident.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

emdash posted:

People just want you to 1) have some awareness that your perspective is almost always very alien to others in the thread 2) following on that, write comprehensible posts instead of like three seemingly disconnected thoughts

Like what is a raindrop equation in lay terms, where's the other half of the clause that we "end with", who is talking about red-brown alliances?

or just stop posting

e: one other thing that has to be said is that Felix doesn't have to do anything to "attract" a follower. He is very funny, has 126,000 followers, and twitter shows not just retweets but also likes and even "this person you follow follows this other person" to everyone now. It's universe brain to attribute any follower to CHUD-whispering almost no matter what action the follower took

sucks to be a normie don't it :smug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

br2049 was the movie no one asked for but ended up being loving rad

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Serf posted:

I mean how many big movies call out all existent civilizations for depending on slavery, including the near cyberpunk future.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Brendan sounds a lot like Will. It's very apparent when Will isn't around and he just slots right into that role.

The opening is loving hilarious.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Not as funny once Michael Moore starts telling Michael Moore stories, but I guess he's pretty interesting.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Uranium posted:

I mean how many big movies call out all existent civilizations for depending on slavery, including the near cyberpunk future.

man i went and saw hobbes and shaw over the weekend and at one point the cyborg supervillain names capitalism as one of the things ending the world. real capitalist realism poo poo lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just skip BR2049 and watch Chappie

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Serf posted:

BR2049 predicting San Jose being a city-state wide dump was fire. I enjoyed that movie. Visually dope, but a hamfisted way to insert white people into a slave narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

That movie doesn't even have an ending