Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for directing an overweight guest to sit in a different chair from everyone else?

NTA, I had a fat friend snap a chair in half. This guy just saw it coming, is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for 'stealing' my Dad's business idea and making a success of it?

Dog. Heelys.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

Yes, you’re the rear end in a top hat if you did not involve your dad in some way with the business. A partnership would have been ideal, but a non-equal partnership, or a job would have worked.

If you legitimately just stole his idea and :shrug: “who gives a gently caress where it comes from, even though it’s my dad,” while getting semi-wealthy of that idea without giving him a thing...

You are definitely the rear end in a top hat.

It's late in the game but he did offer 20% of the profits, and that's an extremely good deal for just having an idea.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Beachcomber posted:

horrifying golden corral post

oh my god. oh my god. thank you for this post.

cheddercaust

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My (31m) girlfriend (34f) gets angry food isn't waiting on her every time she wakes up.

quote:

Generally we'll stay up until the same time, which is early morning. She can't wake herself up for work, so I have to wake up and wake her. Most often, she's in a foul mood at this point and wants to start arguments about things that are easily resolvable.

A recurring theme, be it in the mornings or after her post-work naps, is when she wakes, she expects food to be waiting on her the minute she wakes up. I am constantly accused of starving her because she must wait on this food for a few minutes, despite the fact that when I finish cooking, she often won't attempt to eat it for 30-60 minutes.

I asked today for ideas on quick foods for the morning since we wake up around the same time. Her response is "I've told you what I like to eat. There's no point in telling you again." Which, she has mentioned ideas before in the heat of the moment, I told her I am awake enough this time to understand it and plan for ideas for breakfast. She again refused. Yet told me again that she's going to work hungry.

tl;dr girlfriend expects me to have food waiting on her every time she wakes up. We wake up roughly the same time since we go to bed together. Is this reasonable?

time to go on strike, sub

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I (27f) am paranoid my gf (23f) is either knowingly or unknowingly copying my mental illness.

quote:

Important sidenote: I am in a poly triad, bf is 26m.

Six months ago I met a great couple and three months ago we became an official poly triad. There hasnt been any major red flags, only that my gf has attention seeking issues and my bf enables her attention seeking.

Before we became official I told them I have Dissociative Identity Disorder. I wanted to know if it was a deal breaker. I was in therapy for 7 years and am now a functional, capable adult. Before I was a mess, in and out of hospitals. Me and my alters (for the most part) work together to hold a job, have an apt, etc.

They handled it very well. My gf did ask a lot of questions, specifically about "how systems work", and she said it was to know us better. Its nice to have supportive partners so I felt comfortable discussing some things and answering respectful questions.

Fast forward to a month ago. I gave her the number to my therapist. He diagnoses her with OSDD. Suddenly she has a system who she all knows by name, an inner world, knows what they look like, they are just now communicating with her. She has also now "switched" for the first time ever 4 times this week. Apparently our therapist remarked that he was surprised at how smooth her first switch went which is surprising. A "new" system having a smooth switch is very weird, I havent known anyone in the DID community have this happen.

She never gave any inkling of having a dissociative disorder and never said she experienced any symptoms we do. She never said she has voices. There were no signs. She jumped into this diagnosis like its a new fun exciting thing.

I want to talk to my bf to see if he saw any symptoms or signs in the 2 1/2 years they were together. I want to believe her. I want to not be paranoid. She is a genuinely caring, nice person 90% of fge time and I care about her very much. But she does have attention seeking behaviors (on top of any attention our bf gives to me she has to have it too). I cant shake how it feels off. And honestly I feel like shes having fun with a diagnosis that Ive struggled with all my life.

TL;DR: Gf now has a near same diagnosis that I do out of nowhere. Do I wait it out to see how therapy goes? Do I talk to our bf? Am I just a paranoid idiot?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ZombieLenin posted:

Yes, you’re the rear end in a top hat if you did not involve your dad in some way with the business. A partnership would have been ideal, but a non-equal partnership, or a job would have worked.

If you legitimately just stole his idea and :shrug: “who gives a gently caress where it comes from, even though it’s my dad,” while getting semi-wealthy of that idea without giving him a thing...

You are definitely the rear end in a top hat.
He did try to involve the dad. 20% of the profits for doing nothing outside of having the base idea is huge, especially since he took on exactly zero risk with the business. Now dad's throwing an idiot pissbaby tantrum because the idea he never would have even attempted to make profitable was made profitable by someone with the stones to loving do it.

He should be proud of his son for making something of himself, not having a fit because :qq: MY IDEA :qq:

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

He did try to involve the dad. 20% of the profits for doing nothing outside of having the base idea is huge, especially since he took on exactly zero risk with the business. Now dad's throwing an idiot pissbaby tantrum because the idea he never would have even attempted to make profitable was made profitable by someone with the stones to loving do it.

He should be proud of his son for making something of himself, not having a fit because :qq: MY IDEA :qq:

He only tried to involve his dad after his dad got upset with him for stealing his idea and profiting off it. If he had started this business venture with that then I'm sure the dad would have had much less of an issue, and if he'd rejected it at that time I think the son would be less of an rear end in a top hat for deciding to go through with it anyway. It was a concession that was made to placate his father, not out of any goodwill.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Yawgmoth posted:

I think it'd be one thing if the son mentioned it to his father, or offered him involvement at the outset and Dad turned him down, but it sounds like he didn't. Is OP breaking any laws? No, but he's most assuredly an rear end in a top hat. If I were the dad, I wouldn't be sharing anything but the most mundane of thoughts with him moving forward.

Admittedly I'm not inclined to like the OP given the "my pansy dad is a pussy beta cuck and I'm a go-getter manly man" attitude.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

He's a good businessman, which is almost a synonym for rear end in a top hat.

He can both be right and a lovely dude at the same time.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for stuffing $80 in my girlfriends purse, after she told me no to me offering her money?

Yes, you're an rear end in a top hat. She specifically asked you not to do it, and not only did you do it, you did it in a way guaranteed to convince her you think she's a moron. Unless we're talking about a child, or someone incapable of communicating or taking care of themselves, you don't get to overlook another person's consent just because you're sure you have good intentions.

Like, don't date someone who's too prideful to accept gifts, that's fine, but this was about the worst way to handle it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

Yeah, ideas are ten a penny, it's the ability to do the work that matters. Also, I'd like to know how long dad has had this idea. Is this something he'd just thought of and son swooped in to take it, or (as I suspect is more likely) is this something he thought of thirty years ago and done gently caress all with?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, ideas are ten a penny, it's the ability to do the work that matters. Also, I'd like to know how long dad has had this idea. Is this something he'd just thought of and son swooped in to take it, or (as I suspect is more likely) is this something he thought of thirty years ago and done gently caress all with?

My dad had a million dollar idea once a year and never did anything and then he always enjoyed complaining how it was his idea.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (31m) girlfriend (34f) gets angry food isn't waiting on her every time she wakes up.

time to go on strike, sub

This girlfriend better be way hot to be demanding that poo poo.

About idea Dad: How did he not notice that his son was starting a business based around his idea? He knew and never spoke up. He was never going to capitalize on the idea, and should be proud of his rear end in a top hat son. Son is still an rear end in a top hat for not giving his Dad a notice about what he was doing, and offering to involve Dad or something from the start.

LOL at your new avatar, Pinecone.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for asking if Male/Female/Attack Helicopter is harmful/offensive as gender selection in our game?

quote:

Today, I woke up to see the game I'm working on be the topic of discussion of a top post on r/asktransgender due to the fact that, as a joke, we included the 'attack helicopter' option when selecting gender in a specific minigame we have.

I knew the meme is sometimes used in a toxic way but mainly remember it from being all over YouTube comments many years ago around the time that a lot of silly furry-related stuff went viral so it seemed harmless to me.

It was my idea to include it and the whole game is kinda full of memes and is very tongue-in-cheek so I didn't think it would be interpreted as hostile. I was not invested in the meme being in the game and didn’t mind changing it unless this is overly politically correct and not the right thing to do…

So I decided to make a post in r/games saying mostly the same things as I’m saying this post and asking if I should change it. Because there have been instances where a game changes things to cater to those who take offense, only to then face even more criticism because it turned out that it wasn't really that offensive.

While some of the responses were insightful and helpful, a surprisingly high amount of em insisted I was obviously propagating a meme that they claim was always transphobic and I ended up getting tons of personal messages that did not show much understanding, to say the least.

I’ve discussed it with the other devs and we’ll be changing it because the feedback is clear. But... AITA for making a post to ask input on /r/games after /r/asktransgender was mostly offended?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for asking if Male/Female/Attack Helicopter is harmful/offensive as gender selection in our game?

It's okay, he's taking it back.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

"rear end in a top hat" isn't strong enough a word.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for demanding that my wife stops working on Sundays because football is on

quote:

Posting on behalf of a friend:

My wife and I have two young kids, both younger than 3 years old. I work Monday through Friday and often Saturday as well, and she manages a bar and works weekends, including Sundays.

At this point I'll say that I love to watch football (NFL). It's what I look forward to every week and it's been that way for years. I am heavily involved in fantasy football with a league that's been around for a decade, and it can get very competitive and intense. It is a paid league, so there is money on the line.

We recently got into an argument. I can't do the one thing I look forward to every week (for only a few months per year) because she works literally every Sunday and I'm in charge of the kids all day through the evening. I suggested that she should hire somebody so she can take Sundays off, but she doesn't agree.

AITA for asking her to shift her schedule around just for a few months during the year so I can enjoy the games?

quote:

UPDATE: My friend chimed in below in the comments. Here is the link: yadda yadda yadda reddit link

I assure you this is not a shitpost.

Friend posted:

I never said I wasn't being an rear end in a top hat.

Her brother owns the bar, she manages it. The shift opened about 4 months ago and she hasn't tried to fill the position, nor has the kitchen manager.

I put my foot down for something I enjoy.

I watch the kids as soon as I get home every other day of the week. I make sacrifices for my family.

I have been addicted to football before I met her, before we got married, before we had kids. She knew this would be an issue.

I went from passive aggressive to rear end in a top hat on purpose.

I never said I wasn't being an rear end in a top hat.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (27f) am paranoid my gf (23f) is either knowingly or unknowingly copying my mental illness.

Dear Agent J______, please pass this on to HQ

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for demanding that my wife stops working on Sundays because football is on
If only there was football which played primarily on Saturdays and had its biggest games in prime time on Saturday night...

Or maybe some kind of recording device so he could watch the games later.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Now that Pinecone is officially with the Feds, we're all on some kind of watchlist right?

Also, the $80 depositer should dump his girlfriend. You can't eat pride and the lack of nourishment has made her stupid.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

MagusofStars posted:

If only there was football which played primarily on Saturdays and had its biggest games in prime time on Saturday night...

Or maybe some kind of recording device so he could watch the games later.

I assumed he was watching live at the matches, not on TV.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I hate to tell you, you post on SA, you've been on a watchlist since Jul 7, 2009.

I just hate everyone in that fantasy football one. Tape the game, learn to wait and not look at scores. If it gets spoiled for you, oh well, there will be other games.

EDIT: good point, never considered that. ^^^^^

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fatkraken posted:

Very unlikely as they only play half the season at home.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dazerbeams posted:

Now that Pinecone is officially with the Feds, we're all on some kind of watchlist right?

Also, the $80 depositer should dump his girlfriend. You can't eat pride and the lack of nourishment has made her stupid.

I think the pro move would have been to show up with copious takeout, like two pizzas or a shitload of Chinese.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Dr Strangepants posted:

LOL at your new avatar, Pinecone.

LMFAO I knew it was coming. I told someone that I was gonna buy Winners Don't Use Drugs tonight before someone else put something on for me. That's fantastic.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fatkraken posted:

Considering he said he's so ~heavily invested~ on his fantasy team, he's probably trying to watch all Sunday games back-to-back and constantly check his fantasy league roster. Gotta have that up to the second update if Nick Foles throws a pick-6!

My brother's that type of guy. Like, constantly glued to his phone during the season, because if LeSean McCoy picks up six more yards, then...

It's the most aggravating thing in the world, because I could not give a plop about his fantasy league stats or any of the minutiae.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

how do i get my ex back?

quote:

tl;dr: my ex and i broke up because my brother found out. my ex is myy brothers best friend. she told me she loved me for the first time and i know she meant it and she breaks up with me 1 week later. were still best friends now but now its awkward between us and she seems like she doesnt care to text me. my brother is going far away for school if that matters. How do i get her back? i love her so much and i want her back more than anything. sh said she doesnt want to be in a relationship right now with me because she feels too guilty and whatever else. we were so close and we did everything for eachother. she told me let her feelings come back naturally IF they come back. I dont want to move on. how do i make her fall in love with me again?

My ex (20F) and I(19M) started dating last year. My ex has been my brothers(24M) best friend for a couple years now. Me and her started dating behind his back while we were at college. Last month, my brother found out about us and basically forced us to break up. We didnt break up but we went on a break because i cant ruin the relationship between me and my brother and the relationship between her and my brother. But that night he found out and confronted us, me and my ex told eachother that we loved eachother for the first time. We were so close, we know everything about eachother and we spent everday together. We were so happy and i love her so much. A couple days after my brother found out, my ex and i facetimed eachother on our anniversary and we told eachother that we loved eachother again. Fast forward 1 week later and she breaks up with me. She tells me that she feels too guilty, she cant be in a relationship right now, and that I deserve better than her. I treated her so well, i took care of her and looked out for her and she did the same thing for me. We did everything for eachother. I want her back more than anything. I talked to her yesterday (2 weeks after we broke up) and i told her i still love her and i want to be with her. She told me that she cares a lot about me but her feelings for me have changed. She keeps telling me to move on but i told her that i dont want to because we were so good together. And how can i move on from her, she was perfection to me. I told her im not going to give up and shes not happy that i wont move on. We are still best friends but theres obviously this awkwardness between us. Because she said she doesnt want to be in a relationship right now (idk if she doesnt want to be in one with me or in one in general) but i want to be more than friends still. Im trying my best to be friends with her but its always me texting her first and her responses seem so shallow and like she doesnt really want to text me. I asked her if i should ask for closure but she told me to wait? My brother is going to school far away very soon so idk if that will play any part in her wanting to get back with me but its killing me to think that maybe shes seeing other people when she tells me she cant hang out cause she has plans. and she wont tell me what her plans are and i know she doesnt have to but what else should i think. I want her back more than anything, how do i get her back? I dont know how she feels about me anymore but she literally told me she loved me like 3 weeks ago and i know she meant it. I feel like im being punished for everything and i dont know what i did to deserve any of this, I lost my relationsip with my brother and i lost my girlfriend who was the one person and only thing that made me happyy in my life. What do i do? Were going back to school almost 3 weeks and i dont know if she will ever have strong feelings for me again. and what do i think shes thinking about me now?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Considering he said he's so ~heavily invested~ on his fantasy team, he's probably trying to watch all Sunday games back-to-back and constantly check his fantasy league roster. Gotta have that up to the second update if Nick Foles throws a pick-6!

My brother's that type of guy. Like, constantly glued to his phone during the season, because if LeSean McCoy picks up six more yards, then...

It's the most aggravating thing in the world, because I could not give a plop about his fantasy league stats or any of the minutiae.

my country really doesn't have competitive fantasy sports in any meaningful capacity, since we have always had actual sports betting readily accessible, so I really don't know how it works. Is it a game that's actually PLAYED live, like you make decisions during the season which are time sensitive, so the person with the most info available the quickest has an advantage? Or do you make decisions/changes during the season at set times between games? Or is it just a set it and forget it thing where you just do the draft and let it play out with no changes to your lineup or w/e?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fatkraken posted:

my country really doesn't have competitive fantasy sports in any meaningful capacity, since we have always had actual sports betting readily accessible, so I really don't know how it works. Is it a game that's actually PLAYED live, like you make decisions during the season which are time sensitive, so the person with the most info available the quickest has an advantage? Or do you make decisions/changes during the season at set times between games? Or is it just a set it and forget it thing where you just do the draft and let it play out with no changes to your lineup or w/e?

You just set your line up before the weeks games and hope it works out.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You just set your line up beforehand and hope it works out.

:I

So watching the actual games live makes NO DIFFERENCE to your chance of winning? You could literally just set it up and come back at the end of the season to see if you've won?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

:I

So watching the actual games live makes NO DIFFERENCE to your chance of winning? You could literally just set it up and come back at the end of the season to see if you've won?

You can make changes each week but yeah the actual games don’t actually matter. If you look at the stat line after the game it accomplishes the same thing. As you can’t make adjustments once playing starts

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I used to have some friends who got into that but most of it sounded like gibberish to me so I never thought to ask: are different FF groups' ways of scoring points different enough that you *have* to watch the games to count up your score, or can that all be taken from a website after the game and it's just a very granular version of cheering the people on?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can make changes each week but yeah the actual games don’t actually matter. If you look at the stat line after the game it accomplishes the same thing. As you can’t make adjustments once playing starts

ah, week's games not seasons, gotcha

Still, he doesn't need at all to watch live for the actual fantasy game. I the league is all meeting up at one of their homes and hanging out to watch the games I can understand him wanting to spend time with his friends bond over doing something they're into as a group. If not then...

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Dylan16807 posted:

It's late in the game but he did offer 20% of the profits, and that's an extremely good deal for just having an idea.

I missed that, then yes, probably not as big of an rear end in a top hat as I assumed.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I don't think people like the OP watch the games to see how their fantasy league is doing. They play fantasy leagues because they're already people who watch all the games and it makes them even more invested in what's going on. It's just an excuse to say "I need to watch this game to see how X is doing." Two kids younger than 3 is a handful, but he could still take care of them and have the TV on in the background and cheer and know what's going on, but I doubt that's the experience he wants.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Pinecone Sample posted:

bigger problem is that your probably imaginary 'therapist' is absolutely worthless if he's indulging either of you in your fantasy roleplaying illness. "he was surprised at how smooth her first switch went" yeah i'm sure lol

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ulex minor posted:

bigger problem is that your probably imaginary 'therapist' is absolutely worthless if he's indulging either of you in your fantasy roleplaying illness. "he was surprised at how smooth her first switch went" yeah i'm sure lol

I was expecting the twist that he’s polyamorous with his gf and his other personality

Gonna m night this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"I was always a fan of this sport, she knew I was before we met, she knows it's important!" he cries as he willingly creates a family and takes on more responsibility.