Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Harrow posted:

I went Lance, Faith, and Riding so she could be a Holy Knight. She gets good Faith attack magic, too, so she can be a pretty powerful and mobile healer/caster.

Alternatively, just keep her as a Bishop or train both Faith and Reason so she can be a Gremory and have double the white magic casts per map.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i had marianne take the holy knight path so she's got a C in lances and a B/A in riding in addition to hitting A+ in faith naturally, but only being able to physic 5 times per map as a holy knight sucks and i wish i'd had her focus on black magic so she could go gremory post-timeskip, instead of riding

I hadn't considered Holy Knight. I was planning on taking Lysithea the Gremory route and was going to make Marianne a bishop for double physic. Can you have multiple Gremories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Wildtortilla posted:

I hadn't considered Holy Knight. I was planning on taking Lysithea the Gremory route and was going to make Marianne a bishop for double physic. Can you have multiple Gremories?

gremory requires high reason AND faith anyway so why not

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Do cooking buffs actually stack? I thought you got 1 at a time. If they do stack, this changes everything.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm not sure what to train Marianne in. My plan is to have her heal, so obviously reason, but I'm not sure about the other skills. I'm planning to have a my dancer be a back up healer, and I'm using Lorenz and Lysithea as offensive magic users. Any suggestions? She's still on the default Lance + Faith skill combo.

I made her my dancer and then kind of regretted it because her stats are CRAZY and she could have been a total muder machine if she was let loose on the battlefield and not on permanent dance duty

if you do her paralogue she also gets a relic weapon sword so there's that

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Speaking of the monster weapons where the gently caress do you find Mythril anyway?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

wuggles posted:

Speaking of the monster weapons where the gently caress do you find Mythril anyway?

last time i got some i believe it was from the giant bird monsters?

e: i was browsing through the support library earlier and i saw that you can switch between seeing a lot of C or B supports from post or pre-timeskip (at least for golden deer, since more options will open up once i do the other routes)

so it's funny to see say, ingrid praising ignatz for his art while he's painting at the statue of a ruined seiros statue post-timeskip

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

wuggles posted:

I think you have to Shield Break the Giant Birds.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They wont but totally could do an epilogue story dlc that deals with El and Byleth going after Those Who Slither In The Dark, since El straight up says at the end that she plans to go after them

There's no way there isn't a The Actual Ending Route DLC

I'm poaching Dorothea and Lysithea first and the game keeps interrupting my plans for quests that take points and god drat it I just can't resist a meaningless quest for meaningless prizes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody posted that the devs said the dlc wont engage with the main story i thought

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Marianne's Legendary sword is amazing enough that if you bump her to like d+ in swords after you make her a holy knight she becomes a hit-and-fade death machine

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo brawling owns

Super No Vacancy posted:

somebody posted that the devs said the dlc wont engage with the main story i thought

Awakening had a "Here's a post-game Save The Future" ending dlc, Conquest had a "the third game and ending" DLC, I'm just guessing something's going to come along to tie something or other together regardless of pinky promises they totally aren't

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

someone itt mentioned that there's supports coded between all three house leaders, even though of course it's impossible to see them on any route as of right now

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I know every playthru is different because of stat growth percentages but my god lysithea is an absolute monster

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I found a another small complaint The school stuff slows down way to much after the skip. Like, it's pretty easy to max affection and by that point you're builds are already set in stone so most of the activities become pointless. It would be cool if the game started giving out more paralogs or side missions. I also feel like the supports should have used the time skip more.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Her reason-based spell list kinda sucks, but if you get swords to C you can just toss her a levin sword. A forged one has a 1-3 range and she has a good magic growth.

If not going the Levin sword route, it probably makes sense to give Marianne at least some Reason, though, given her Faith skill is full of excellent healing spells (she gets both Phys and Fortify!), it only offers Nosferatu for offense, which is hella heavy for a physically weak slowish character, so even Fire is going to be more effective...

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
There are even points on routes where you can raise affection with the other House Leaders.

Much as a Golden (non-deer) Route is sort of against the game's theme... Sothis also says cut your own path...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i wish marianne got fortify; instead it's aura at A rank faith

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Unless there's some secret source I never found, Mythril is way too rare. Those legendary rusted weapons take 10 to forge and I found 15 in my entire playthrough, after shieldbreaking every monster I fought. Pretty sure at least two of those were bought from online visitors, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The three houses have a vastly different amount of time locked stuff. Going from BE where over half the supports are behind the time skip or some event, while a majority of golden deer being done immediately is a whiplash.

Like at least 4 supports in deer are already finished before chapter 10 since they cap at B.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Mythril comes from Golems as well. Not that those are especially common.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

RBA Starblade posted:

Holy poo poo brawling owns

Awakening had a "Here's a post-game Save The Future" ending dlc, Conquest had a "the third game and ending" DLC, I'm just guessing something's going to come along to tie something or other together regardless of pinky promises they totally aren't

it's nitpicky but this was actually made by koei and not intsys, so that doesn't necessarily mean much

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Does the post-timeskip ever say how Dimitri lost an eye, or do we just assume it's a random combat injury?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

he just wears the eyepatch to look cool

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

taichara posted:

Does the post-timeskip ever say how Dimitri lost an eye, or do we just assume it's a random combat injury?

It's explained

He doesn't lose an eye in some routes

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

TurnipFritter posted:

I think you have to Shield Break the Giant Birds.

Huh. Thanks, you two. I’ve been armor breaking almost every monster I’ve seen but I guess I’ll keep doing it

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I gotta say, having to have all the story battles take place at the end of the month kinda ruins the pacing of some of these chapters. Like there's a major problem we need to solve but we've decided the best time to solve it is exactly at the end of the month so we can...what? Stand around and have tea?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i wish marianne got fortify; instead it's aura at A rank faith

Oh, woops, got Marianne and Mercedes confused....

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I gotta say, having to have all the story battles take place at the end of the month kinda ruins the pacing of some of these chapters. Like there's a major problem we need to solve but we've decided the best time to solve it is exactly at the end of the month so we can...what? Stand around and have tea?

It's justified in some months as them preparing/investigating in the background, waiting for more information from troops, or vague training leading to the head out. Edelgard in some post time skip dialog mentions that they should proabbly go asap....but it's important to give people some minor downtime under the guise of "training" in order to maintain morale.

But then you have the kidnap chapter so it's still not, ah, perfect.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My units are starting to diverge some in terms of the luckier ones vs unlucky ones stat-wise. Dedue is literally invincible to everything that isn't magic or anti-armor weapons/attacks. If there are no magic guys around I can freely march him into the middle of any number of enemies. I've gotten strangely lucky with speed on units that aren't normally speed-oriented, but unlucky with "raw" attack stats like Strength/Magic.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's nitpicky but this was actually made by koei and not intsys, so that doesn't necessarily mean much

koei's probably even shittier about paid DLC than intsys so welp

Agean90 posted:

he just wears the eyepatch to look cool

who among us wasn't blown away by KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM back at E3

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's specifically the ROTK team of Koei

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Snake Maze posted:

Unless there's some secret source I never found, Mythril is way too rare. Those legendary rusted weapons take 10 to forge and I found 15 in my entire playthrough, after shieldbreaking every monster I fought. Pretty sure at least two of those were bought from online visitors, too.

There's an auxiliary mission to fight monsters every now and then. I picked up 5 mithril on one and 14 wootz steel on another.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm an idiot. I accidentally have been leveling riding for Claude instead of flying. :(

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lol i just had what i think is a huge story revelation in the middle of a C support for a character that isn't even normally in my house.

of course i could be wrong, but still someone answer this for me, yes/no with absolutely no explanation:

I figure Flayn is probably a dragon like Rhea (it's the hair), but is she literally just one of the four saints, who has been alive for thousands of years?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I guess they meant everyone to play through multiple times, but it's weird how you make the House choice after getting maybe 1-3 lines of dialogue from each character and nothing else to go on, and then right after you choose a House you get a group scene where all the characters talk to you and banter together, giving you a good idea of their personalities and the house's dynamic. Feels like you should have had that intro scene for all three Houses before choosing one.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Do cooking buffs actually stack? I thought you got 1 at a time. If they do stack, this changes everything.

One month I cooked a bunch of luck meals because I had a lot of those materials and didn’t want to waste others if they didn’t stack, and that month was crit city. You can easily see the stat boosts on the details menu.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

DC Murderverse posted:

lol i just had what i think is a huge story revelation in the middle of a C support for a character that isn't even normally in my house.

of course i could be wrong, but still someone answer this for me, yes/no with absolutely no explanation:

I figure Flayn is probably a dragon like Rhea (it's the hair), but is she literally just one of the four saints, who has been alive for thousands of years?

Yes.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

Flayn is bad at keeping secrets. I imagine Rhea and Seteth are constantly frustrated by her randomly letting slip that they're all immortal half-dragons who've been secretly manipulating the course of human history for eons. It makes some sense in context since apparently she's still fairly young by their standards.

Speaking of, I noticed Flayn has an S support with male Byleth and god drat it game, could you not?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Huh, with a C rank thought there was a chance I might not have to kill Ferdinand if I finished him with Byleth, but apparently not. Oh well, you'll survive next time Ferdi. Guessing Caspar's probably doomed too, not that I terribly care one way or the other about him.

Lorenz (re)joined though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Huh, with a C rank thought there was a chance I might not have to kill Ferdinand if I finished him with Byleth, but apparently not. Oh well, you'll survive next time Ferdi. Guessing Caspar's probably doomed too, not that I terribly care one way or the other about him.

Lorenz (re)joined though.

So it is just impossible to keep him alive on routes where he's locked to C pre-time skip?