Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Even the boring cash advance is hilarious. Swipe your card and get a currency only valid in this club, for each Shotgun Dollar it costs $1.80

This strip club uses arcade tokens.

Or even better, long strips of prize tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I really hope there's a feature where you flip a switch or spin a shipwheel like in Dustin Hoffman's quarters in Hook and a bed descends from the ceiling covering the tub.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

By paying :20bux:, you receive a special Stripclub Lootbox (tm) which will contain a randomized prize. Maybe it will be a commemorative sticker to remind you of your visit (collect all 20), or a token that you can redeem with a dancer for a rendition their signature catchphrase or pose! If you are lucky you may even receive some limited StripCoins(R) which can be used to purchase your choice of reward from the premium StripCoins Menu!

Please note, prizes are only valid for your current visit and coins and tokens may not be exchanged with other patrons.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I hate it but that would 100% be a money maker. Throw in some free drink tickets as a prize and you're set.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:pedo: You *Heh* wanna come play somg vidia games at my place? I *heh* promise not to lock you in as some sick sort of pet *heh*

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Those long strips of tickets that are dispensed out of a slot?

But where on a stripper would you keep such tickets, oh, I see.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Contractors in the Caribbean trying to make a quick buck by using generic stainless steel instead of marine grade stainless. :argh:

Salt water is a bitch.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

When mobile home renovation goes wrong (or, how many different kinds of wainscoting can we use in one trailer?)

Check out the 3D tour in the listing to get a real sense of the level of craftsmanship here.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I thought the average was 6 tickets! This is deeply unsettling.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought the average was 6 tickets! This is deeply unsettling.

:golfclap:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Youth Decay posted:

When mobile home renovation goes wrong (or, how many different kinds of wainscoting can we use in one trailer?)

Gotta say, those electrical outlets on the corrugated metal really makes me nervous.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Do they make you twitchy? :suicide:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Gotta say, those electrical outlets on the corrugated metal really makes me nervous.

There are ways to make that safer. Usually, you just use a box extender and wrap tape around the outlet to cover its screws.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

You could use industrial boxes that are designed to go into metal, but that might destroy the look, heh.

The single piece of green tinsel in the corner of the window really finishes the room perfectly

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I wonder what the post it note on the toilet lid says? "Do not open unit Doomsday"?

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
This might be more OSHA.txt as the building is probably pushing 200 years old, but I saw this last night.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

That is every building on the Thames west of London Bridge.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I like how the top floor door has a doorknob on the outside.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Yeah, this is basically "how do you get large things up into the second floor when the staircase is smaller than you are" in years past. There's no beam sticking out of the top of that dormer with a pulley attached which is disappointing.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Many of the adjacent buildings did have the beam, but on the second floor. I think this used to have a deck attached. Back side of King St, Old Town Alexandria, fwiw.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Volmarias posted:

Yeah, this is basically "how do you get large things up into the second floor when the staircase is smaller than you are" in years past. There's no beam sticking out of the top of that dormer with a pulley attached which is disappointing.

this is one of those architectural conventions that went away in spite of how sensible a feature it so frequently is, especially in places that frequently involve big things being moved to and from upper storeys, not just commercial buildings w second-storey warehousing like in that example- not that that's a common setup anymore- but also lowrise rental housing
same with transom windows/ventilation. our ancestors came up with a great way to let a crossbreeze through that didnt require leaving all your doors wide open, but nah, the war is over and everybody will definitely have central AC by 1960 so why bother

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
See also: building with natural light in mind

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Platystemon posted:

See also: building with natural light in mind
On the other hand, that lower window might have been bricked up to avoid the window tax....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Youth Decay posted:

Check out the 3D tour in the listing to get a real sense of the level of craftsmanship here.

1. I'm glad the set designers for HEE HAW were able to find work.

2. What the gently caress does that post it note say? Something Lovecraftian is probably the most optimistic scenario.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Ceiling fan posted:

2. What the gently caress does that post it note say? Something Lovecraftian is probably the most optimistic scenario.

Probably just "Water is off, no poops please."

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Probably just "Water is off, no poops please."

"If it's yellow, let it mellow
If it's brown, flush it down."

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ceiling fan posted:

2. What the gently caress does that post it note say?

"Please post here instead"

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
"Do Not Remove - Load Bearing Toilet"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ceiling fan posted:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nevets posted:

"Do Not Remove - Load Bearing Toilet"

It will be when I'm done with it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ceiling fan posted:

"Warning: snakes"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bear Loading toilet

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My homestead friends are tossing around the idea of renting well-drilling equipment and trying to DIY it, due to there literally not being a company that will drill a well in the area they live. How badly can this go?

I have no idea if this is poo poo you can rent, but they seem to think it is.

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008

Javid posted:

My homestead friends are tossing around the idea of renting well-drilling equipment and trying to DIY it, due to there literally not being a company that will drill a well in the area they live. How badly can this go?

This scene, no further.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I guess I should have specified "water"

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Javid posted:

How badly can this go?
It's a well documented fact that back in the 60s a Russian team attempting to gather geological data accidentally bored too deep and broke through into hell. So, as far as worst case scenarios, that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scarodactyl posted:

It's a well documented fact that back in the 60s a Russian team attempting to gather geological data accidentally bored too deep and broke through into hell. So, as far as worst case scenarios, that.

It must have been an artesian hell.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

well documented

nice

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Javid posted:

Tell them to call a professional.

Ask them, "what do they plan to use to seal that annulus?" If they don't know the correct answer is to use some sort of bentonite sealing/grouting product then they aren't going to do a very good job of it.

Consequently, they won't seal the casing properly, the well will get contaminated after one or more of their dogs pisses and shits near the casing, and they get a good rain, which then allows (because of the lovely seal) dog piss and dog poo poo water in to their ground water which they rely on for drinking.
A chlorination or UV light or whatever for disinfection isn't good enough, because they could also be potentially contaminating neighbouring wells, which can lead to lawsuits and/or fines from the EPA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
My dad drilled a well on our lot when I was a kid, so at least in principle it's doable. But we only ever used it as greywater for the garden. And it was a lot of work.