Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

darmpold timb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

one cool thing about america is we have a lot of room for mass graves

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

fosborb posted:

the detox is a good idea, honestly. think about it like, if you can't detox, then you really have a problem.

anyway, i was very happy to not wake up to a mass shooting this morning, but regardless i'm going to say good night with this video I apparently made last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiavR9UBo

Oh, I know I have a problem. I've been through professional detox 4 times and did 10 months in a long term program.

Like, I'm a loving alcoholic, but usually I just get miserable and tired and sorry and have to seek help... right now I'm fine but I'm just tired of drinking.
I think the last time I felt this way was 20 years ago and I just went cold turkey and quit drinking for 5 years.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol if lindsay lohan gets bone sawed by some psycho prince

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

didnt see that coming

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, if the Fed lowers interest rates again, I am definitely going to have to look into refinancing my mortgage. Maybe I can push it from the current 30 year structure (which I hate and didn't really want in the first place) into a 15 year loan with both a lower rate and lower monthly payments.

And all it will cost me is probably somewhere between 2-3k in fees.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

posting in a nest of nut shells and electronics to say gently caress the american hellpresident durdel tourmp

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chard posted:

friends i'm so tired of being mad all the time

weed don't work anymore, booze don't work anymore, i can't get enough time off work for campimg to work anymore

still trying to fully Feel that one of my childhood best friends killed themselves not two weeks ago

country is a gently caress, president's a poo poo, cops killing people and people are putting stickers on cars saying 'more of this'

good thing climate will kill us all soon turmp

drat, sorry about your friend :(

:d2a:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Chard posted:

friends i'm so tired of being mad all the time

weed don't work anymore, booze don't work anymore, i can't get enough time off work for campimg to work anymore

still trying to fully Feel that one of my childhood best friends killed themselves not two weeks ago

country is a gently caress, president's a poo poo, cops killing people and people are putting stickers on cars saying 'more of this'

good thing climate will kill us all soon turmp
just try to enjoy the time u have left also dont hurt yourself

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rah! posted:

lol if lindsay lohan gets bone sawed by some psycho prince

She's getting bone somethinged by a middle eastern prince

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rah! posted:

drat, sorry about your friend

:d2a:

thanks their family also lost the younger brother to alcoholism a few years ago and whelp he never got over it, the parents had faces at the funeral i hope to never see on a human being again

lol an entire family line obliterated by economic despair and high school athletics

lmao! turmP!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fosborb posted:

the detox is a good idea, honestly. think about it like, if you can't detox, then you really have a problem.

anyway, i was very happy to not wake up to a mass shooting this morning, but regardless i'm going to say good night with this video I apparently made last night:

video doesnt work

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Man, if the Fed lowers interest rates again, I am definitely going to have to look into refinancing my mortgage. Maybe I can push it from the current 30 year structure (which I hate and didn't really want in the first place) into a 15 year loan with both a lower rate and lower monthly payments.

atleast u have a house

https://twitter.com/LuzPenaABC7/status/1158615156756140032?s=20

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

cargo cult posted:

just try to enjoy the time u have left also dont hurt yourself

yup tryin hard to do that, maybe instead of retiring i hike the triple crown? we all die anyway maybe a bear's tummy is as good as any place to rot

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chard posted:

thanks their family also lost the younger brother to alcoholism a few years ago and whelp he never got over it, the parents had faces at the funeral i hope to never see on a human being again

lol an entire family line obliterated by economic despair and high school athletics

lmao! turmP!

gently caress

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Chard posted:

lmao! turmP!

:glomp:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pohl posted:

Like, I'm a loving alcoholic, but usually I just get miserable and tired and sorry and have to seek help... right now I'm fine but I'm just tired of drinking.
I think the last time I felt this way was 20 years ago and I just went cold turkey and quit drinking for 5 years.

right on.

related, have you tried Moderation Management or any other harm reduction thing? if you have, how was it?

i'm not asking for you

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Plinkey posted:

have you tried not booze?

lol
gtfo fascist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trobopm

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

oohf she looks terrible

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol
gtfo fascist

i appreciate the sentiment(s) in this post, like a matryoshka doll of Internet soothing wrappers indeed

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

atleast u have a house

It's a cheap condo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

TMMadman posted:

cool thinking this will Matter at all lmao

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

T

R

R
RRRRRRR

UU

r again

MMMMMMMMMMMOPPP
p

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

And that's the just time it takes to save up a down payment, which Grant's the opportunity to spend another 30 years paying a mortgage

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chard posted:

T

R

R
RRRRRRR

UU

r again

MMMMMMMMMMMOPPP
p

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Rah! posted:

video doesnt work

hahah gently caress, i'm too old for youtube.

try now?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

one of my good childhood friends OD'd on heroin a couple years ago, along with a million other people who got surprise fentanyl in their poo poo

hellworld :d2a:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

typin and deletin

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

And that's the just time it takes to save up a down payment, which Grant's the opportunity to spend another 30 years paying a mortgage

And man, 30 year mortgages are such loving rip offs because the amount of interest you pay over that time is just utterly ridiculous, even with a 'low' rate.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rah! posted:

one of my good childhood friends OD'd on heroin a couple years ago, along with a million other people who got surprise fentanyl in their poo poo

hellworld :d2a:

friend, that's lovely, i hope that those affected have found some measure of peace

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fosborb posted:

hahah gently caress, i'm too old for youtube.

try now?

:hai: now it works

feralhog day

over

and

over

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
we regret to inform you the hogs are nazis

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spergin Morlock posted:

[succdem voice] tax advantaged home savings accounts and expanded private mortgage insurance via a private / public sector partnership financed by Goldman Sachs

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And man, 30 year mortgages are such loving rip offs because the amount of interest you pay over that time is just utterly ridiculous, even with a 'low' rate.

one cool thing about hellworld is not having to know poo poo about mortgages or w/e just rent forever until you can't work anymore and then die lol

lmao idiot

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fosborb posted:

right on.

related, have you tried Moderation Management or any other harm reduction thing? if you have, how was it?

i'm not asking for you

no, I did AA every time but I also did like 5 years of intense 1 on 1 therapy. Group therapy never helped because we weren't dealing with my issues.
the 1 on 1 therapy literally saved my life and allowed me to be happy.

Everyone is different but honestly I think groups banding together to do self help are just cults and best avoided. Look at therapy, avoid medication if possible and just do the best you can to survive in the mean time. Like I'm really lucky. Right now I feel loving fantastic! That is why it is so hard to quit.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Rah! posted:

:hai: now it works

feralhog day

over

and

over

i can finally sleeeeeeep

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1158613340551356416
https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/status/1158490174034198528?s=20
https://twitter.com/bryne/status/1158603080952233989

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

And there it is.