Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where/when do i unlock faculty training? am i missing something?

There will be a quest to unlock it. It should be pretty early on, like in the first few chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RoyalScion posted:

There will be a quest to unlock it. It should be pretty early on, like in the first few chapters.

if i have the sword of the creator have i missed it?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Skippy McPants posted:

Byleth got their crest from their mother. For ages, Rhea was experimenting with sticking crests into people to try and resurrect Sothis but she could never find a combination that would do the trick. Byleth's mom was one of these experiments and carried the Crest of Flames. When her and Jeralt's had a stillborn kid, she begged Rhea to transfer the crest into Byleth and the process killed her. Maybe because the crest was extender her life?

Anyhoo, it was the combination of Seiros' blood in Jeralt and the application of the Crest of Flames that rekindled Sothis' conciseness in Byleth. Apparently, you get a lot of these anime-rear end details from Rhea's supports in the BE church route.

In other news, I just finished Ch. 11 and Rhea's Oedipus complex is seriously creepy.

Ah that'd be something you can only see on that route so that'd be why I missed it. Still is the Crest of Flame's Nemesis's? Makes Rhea's plot a lot less vengeful though. Still awful. Given both her and the slitherers fascination with sticking crests in people, are they a rogue faction of manketes or something?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Eimi posted:

Ah that'd be something you can only see on that route so that'd be why I missed it. Still is the Crest of Flame's Nemesis's? Makes Rhea's plot a lot less vengeful though. Still awful. Given both her and the slitherers fascination with sticking crests in people, are they a rogue faction of manketes or something?

Yeah, Nemesis carried the Crest of Flame. I'm still a little unclear on whether it was gifted to him by Sothis so he could defend Fodlan, or if he took it from her when his army attacked Zanado.

Those who Slither are the descendants of a highly advanced human civilization, Agartha, that aspired to godhood and was at odds with Sothis and her children. They study and experiment with Crests because POWA! And the main reason the church is so committed to meddling in Fodlan politics is to keep another similarly advanced society from developing.

Rhea does it because she's desperate to bring her mom-god back to life.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 6, 2019

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Stating for the record that Leonie is the best student in the drat academy. Trains hard, fights dirty, has her poo poo together mentally, and refuses to let the other students dump their baggage on her. Also dumpstering Felix' smug rear end when he challenges her to a duel. ( I also love Felix)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mr. Pool posted:

Stating for the record that Leonie is the best student in the drat academy. Trains hard, fights dirty, has her poo poo together mentally, and refuses to let the other students dump their baggage on her. Also dumpstering Felix' smug rear end when he challenges her to a duel. ( I also love Felix)

Linhardt's a little similar in that he knows exactly what he wants and what he doesn't want, and manages to perfectly balance his life around those things. Also he cures cancer.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, Nemesis carried the Crest of Flame. I'm still a little unclear on whether it was gifted to him by Sothis so he could defend Fodlan, or if he took it from her when his army attacked Zanado.

Those who Slither are the descendants of a highly advanced human civilization, Agartha, that aspired to godhood and was at odds with Sothis and her children. They study and experiment with Crests because POWA! And the main reason the church is so committed to meddling in Fodlan politics is to keep another similarly advanced society from developing.

Ah nice. I assume that's what I missed from not doing Golden Deer? Thanks for the lore dump! I do hope that one day Edie's route will get the CG it's missing compared to the other routes and have it's rougher edges sanded off, ie one or two more chapters to deal with Thales. Like sure they want you to do everything to see the whole picture, but her route is REALLY abrupt as we've said. And there are several portions where like, other routes get CG and you just see a .png on her route.

Not that I regret anything, her route is everything I wanted, and I can't choose any other route because I get emotionally attached to my pixels and story choices.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gamerofthegame posted:

why does the beach map exist tho

edit: also you can reenter BEAST maps over and over to change the drop, including getting legendaries. loot boxes are everywhere.

So you deploy Lysithia on her own and do reenactments of the allies running into Nazi machine guns (but they shoot magic)

Oh also the Nazis win

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Is there any way to get Faculty training bonuses other than the Renown statues? I'm so close to having enough time to train C in heavy armor!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are there so many maps where flyers are important

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That S rank music is the poo poo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DLC speculation? Well, the game has five major factions but only four routes.

Tired Moritz posted:

Because flyers own. I'm at the beach paralogue now and I have enough mages and flyers to field a whole army of nothing but.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Skippy McPants posted:

The thing about the crests, and this is Golden Deer Spoilers The entire "Crests were bestowed by the Goddess" is a loving lie that is being told to essentially keep hidden the actual truth. That being that Nemesis and Those that Slither butchered Sothis, carved her body up into their Relic Weapons and the Crest of Flames and then carried what amounted to Seiros's mother's corpse into battle to then butcher the rest of the Manaketes in the Red Canyon, and then turn THEM into the crests to empower his own forces. So yeah Seiros is a little hosed up with grief. The whole situation is hosed up.

In short, even the people who think they know the truth about history don't know poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The beach enemies never really have casters so sending out Dedue or similar to just stand there and smash idiots all day works.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
lol @ my question about running monster battles earlier. I immediately went from there to Sothis's Paralogue and it is literally just like 12 giant monsters

Also, I'm really curious on how they tell the story of the first half from the PoV of other houses, because I'm with Blue Lion so far, it has felt very Blue Lion focused. The old guy was Ashe's family, the guy with the lance was Sylvain's family. We haven't had much in the way of story/battle with anyone having to do with either of the other two houses.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

DLC speculation? Well, the game has five major factions but only four routes.

Because flyers own. I'm at the beach paralogue now and I have enough mages and flyers to field a whole army of nothing but.

Finally, a side story where I can play my good friend Monica

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rannum posted:

Finally, a side story where I can play my good friend Monica

Not even Koei can resist the call of Just Monica.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mordiceius posted:

lol @ my question about running monster battles earlier. I immediately went from there to Sothis's Paralogue and it is literally just like 12 giant monsters

Also, I'm really curious on how they tell the story of the first half from the PoV of other houses, because I'm with Blue Lion so far, it has felt very Blue Lion focused. The old guy was Ashe's family, the guy with the lance was Sylvain's family. We haven't had much in the way of story/battle with anyone having to do with either of the other two houses.
During Part 1 of the Gold Deers story, the whole group is just more or less along for the ride with Bayleth who's being asked to investigate this or that. They're not overly involved in politics or drama until after Part 2 starts where Claude is finally given chances to be relevant.

I haven't played Black Eagles or Blue Lions, but I know Eagles are really important in the latter half, and Lions are important in the middle since both have members relevant to the plot.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eimi posted:

Here is how you make Lysithea a goddess. Get Lorenz, ignore him as a unit, just steal his staff from his paralogue and give it to her. She now has range 3 on all her spells and is death incarnate.

As for what people are talking about wrt to Edie's route do you have to beat him with Edie or Byleth or something? I had Ferdie deal the finishing blow and he just died. No choice to spare him or anything. It opened up some neat dialogue, and none of the Deer's actually seemed sad about it. Everyone was just like "Wow he had a clever plan to smoothly integrate the Alliance into the Empire if he lost." Instead of everyone being like dude could've surrendered when it was clear his alliance was crumbling. He had no dog in this fight beyond being independent.

Late game Edel.

As others said, you have to let El or Byleth get the takedown to get a chance to spare him. I went back and redid the map after seeing a lot of people going "Well, gently caress." about Claude dying. The dialog is similar with him alive, but with more "At least he's alive" or "I'm so relieved he didn't die."

Also spared Hilda thanks to Bernie just pinning her to the ground with arrows for the whole fight.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Late game Edel.

As others said, you have to let El or Byleth get the takedown to get a chance to spare him. I went back and redid the map after seeing a lot of people going "Well, gently caress." about Claude dying. The dialog is similar with him alive, but with more "At least he's alive" or "I'm so relieved he didn't die."

Also spared Hilda thanks to Bernie just pinning her to the ground with arrows for the whole fight.

Clearly a goal for when I NG+ super optimize her route then.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sylvain's fear of sperm jacking is so funny.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sylvain just wants to live a life without being judged by his Crest, it's actually pretty sad

his support with Lysithea is pretty funny though

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Tired Moritz posted:

Loads of maps where flyers are important and (end game spoilers, BE Chaos) the final battle absolutely ruins your horses movement and makes them feel useless

Maybe the last classes should all be fliers instead.

And I am surprised there's no way to see the supports with Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude together. I was going to invite them to eat with each other but I guess I won't bother.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

Late game Edel.

Same timescale spoilers.
Did you have a support with him? I think it's not to do with who kills him because Ed got him for me and I didn't get a choice but I hadn't spoken to him....ever, at all. So that's probably something to do with it too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

NG+ lets you buy support levels too, goddamn

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

NG+ lets you buy support levels too, goddamn

You miss out on the cutscene. Yea I know you've seen it already but it feels.... strange. Like now you're big friends.

Talking of those cut scenes it's strange that you can raise your relation with Petra in one but basically all the others have no +relation no matter what you say to the other person.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ll probably just rewatch them in the extras menu, they’re all really good

Started my second run, I miss my endgame babies already. I’m amused that Lorenz has the lowest charm on the Deer and that matches up with Claude’s description of him

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lorenz is a proper prick.

And it's fun in NG+ turning up to the first death knight fight with Pegasus knights and stuff.

God you advance so fast!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Second playthrough, Golden Deer. I poached Mercedes a while back and I'm thinking of making her my dancer since I already have like three or four white mages and I don't really need one more. Is this going to be a problem for any reason, e.g. post-timeskip leaving or something?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Second playthrough, Golden Deer. I poached Mercedes a while back and I'm thinking of making her my dancer since I already have like three or four white mages and I don't really need one more. Is this going to be a problem for any reason, e.g. post-timeskip leaving or something?

Nope, you're absolutely fine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hit tip for lions, take Lorenz. He is the most self important, hilarious rear end lol.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know he's not going to be this way forever but drat I am absolutely loving Dimitri following the Flame Emperor reveal. First there's his laughter and evil grin as he starts snapping necks and crushing skulls, and then he's gleefully talking about how he has never felt better because his parents (dead by the way) and his dearest friends are all telling him to murder his sister. It's the good poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 6, 2019

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

JBP posted:

Hit tip for lions, take Lorenz. He is the most self important, hilarious rear end lol.

More important, his Paralogue gives you Thyrsus, the +2 magic attack range staff.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Please make Front Mission: Three House for me someone

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Keeping your batallions in new game+ is the weirdest.

My hand picked by Edelgard knights that add +8 physical and magic are here fighting alongside Claude.

At level 18, in chapter 5. It's madness

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Speaking of weird battalions, what's with that one mission that gives you like two or three just named like "Pirates" and "Rogues"? They're all lovely E-grade battalions with Disturbance and you get them very late, I don't even recall when and it might even be post-timeskip.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Speaking of weird battalions, what's with that one mission that gives you like two or three just named like "Pirates" and "Rogues"? They're all lovely E-grade battalions with Disturbance and you get them very late, I don't even recall when and it might even be post-timeskip.
if you level them up their bonuses are pretty decent for e-rank, so presumably they're meant for people who you didn't bother leveling authority on.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I'm on the last 5 missions or so of blue lions and I'm getting kinda sick of running around the monetary 3 times a month just to get everyone's motivation up. What do you guys do with your free time at the tail end of the game when everyone who needs one has hit their master class?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

NG+ kind of has the same problem right from the start. Turns out 10 slots to do stuff with is kind of a lot. I've been spending my excess on faculty training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm doing Dimitris paralogue this poo poo is crazy. I think I'm enjoying this more because it's on hard and also there's so much going on here