Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ratjaculation posted:

See this is what I mean, the thread needs a common enemy, Pissflaps 2, I'm still willing to do it if Diet Crack decides its not for them.

What kind of tree would you replace Jeremy Corbyn with?

any kind of tree just name one

e- don't be fooled this is NOT a tree

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Barry Foster posted:

Too many p.good posts about ecology and poo poo at this point.

Sorry pal, you hosed it for yourself

Would it help if I told you he looks like a member of the weasely family?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

baka kaba posted:

Does a Menorah count as a tree?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

Too many p.good posts about ecology and poo poo at this point.

Sorry pal, you hosed it for yourself
Just like the mouse in his av is loving that chocolate orange.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

That is sort of the point of the positions, though, to make sure that normal humans don't get anywhere near them, or your money.

I know, but sometimes my brain wants to put itself in the place of people with insane jobs and bask in the madness.

Like sometimes when I watch wrestling and I imagine what it would be like if my job was to catch a 6'10" racist who pretends he's dead and is flying directly at my head, and make sure we both fall over safely but also make it look like it killed us both.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1158664541057748993

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

baka kaba posted:

I think the dogwood tree was used to crucify the original JC, so maybe that one

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jables88 posted:

So the Corbyn position currently is that because No Deal is a terrible idea, even though people voted for Brexit it's only sensible to now seek a mandate for this as it's not what people were promised. This would take the form of a second referendum in which Labour would back Remain.

Can someone explain to me what the FBPE issue is with this position? I mean, isn't it their position as well?

It might lead to a left wing government if Labour does it. If the FBPEs get to do it, it will lead to a massive swell of support for reasonable centrist government and they will be able to profit from Tory policy without doing anything to change it or take any of the blame for making it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

baka kaba posted:

English oak. Old, wise and provides an ecosystem for more invertebrates, birds, epiphytic plants, mammals, etc than any other tree. Providing support for the many, not the few.

Jose posted:

Its more a cross of a Weasley and the werewolf dude apparently.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ratjaculation posted:

English oak. Old, wise and provides an ecosystem for more invertebrates, birds, epiphytic plants, mammals, etc than any other tree. Providing support for the many, not the few.

This is a good answer

test FAILED

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

English oaks are notoriously anti-semetic bare in mind.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ratjaculation posted:

English oak.

Say goodbye to the labour vote in Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland then

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Say goodbye to the labour vote in Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland then

Give it time and this will happen naturally anyway - as in they won’t be voting in national elections because they won’t be a part of the UK. I don’t blame them either.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

Provides support for parasites too though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Sean Connerys favourite tree is also his favourite part of a woman

Ash

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

baka kaba posted:

The Sycamore in the Hadrian's Wall gap.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think the dogwood tree was used to crucify the original JC, so maybe that one

Sounds like a pretty antisemitic tree tbh

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
We should replace normal Jeremy Corbyn with Communist Stalinist Jeremy Corbyn

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jose posted:

Wait, do you have mugshots of all the posters itt too? I thought it was just our collective prolapse pics

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

Sassafras albidum. Every part is useful and it typically regenerates in gaps created by windblow.

:newdanger:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

Wait, do you have mugshots of all the posters itt too? I thought it was just our collective prolapse pics

Don’t forget the front on nudes and dick pics - goonsxxx.txt

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tarnop posted:

Like sometimes when I watch wrestling and I imagine what it would be like if my job was to catch a 6'10" racist who pretends he's dead and is flying directly at my head, and make sure we both fall over safely but also make it look like it killed us both.

Perhaps there is more similarity between wrestling and politics than one might think.

Barry Foster posted:

Perhaps the prolapse looks like a weasely prolapse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The new York times has really outdone itself

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/s...ingawful.com%2F

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Jose posted:

The new York times has really outdone itself

We already have the Graun.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I also apologise to the thread for being a oval office and anyone I may have offended with my remarks about mental capacity, genuinely.

I’m just sick of the age we live in where disinformation is king and I feel extremely loving frustrated by it today, moreso than normal and it spilled into here. It’s no excuse to use terminology that is outdated and offensive.

Sorry all!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

^^^^ Aight.

Diet Crack posted:

Don’t forget the front on nudes and dick pics - goonsxxx.txt

Are they ascii?

OwlFancier posted:

weasely prolapse.

Woah!

Good band name

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There’s a lot of 8’s, capital d’s and = signs, so I’m going with yes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

It cannot be denied that mine is indeed a capital d

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
https://twitter.com/eleanorkpenny/status/1158697357741121536

Fucksake

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well you'd look weird with half a bellend.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

thats some logic right there

The guest talks a lot of logic for a 13 year old

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 6, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ah, projection Gove accuses EU of refusing to negotiate new deal

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

There's two sorts of millenials - those that grew up reading Harry Potter and who became cops and those that read Animorphs and who developed PTSD, an anger against oppression and rudimentary guerrilla warfare tactics.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What about those who read goosebumps and long for a Jammy Junta?

E: I didn’t even need to read the article to know which state this occurred in -

Yes, that is a black man partially hogtied by mounted police and paraded down a street for a lynching stern talking to. No this is not a photo from 1890.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 6, 2019

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Jedit posted:

It might lead to a left wing government if Labour does it. If the FBPEs get to do it, it will lead to a massive swell of support for reasonable centrist government and they will be able to profit from Tory policy without doing anything to change it or take any of the blame for making it.

Dunno about FBPE’s, but the obvious objection to that policy is that literally zero voters want to spend the next 6-12 months ignoring all other political and economic issues in order to extend Brexit in an attempt to negotiate an implausible deal. Which, if somehow achieved, would then be campaigned against by the ones who negotiated it.

Except that I don’t believe Labour have actually stated they would campaign against their own deal, only against a Tory one, right? Either way, while it can be accepted that Labour’s Brexit policy is absolutely clear, unambiguous and well communicated, the question of what it actually _is_ does seem still open.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

"violence and err, err, *words*"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

radmonger posted:

Except that I don’t believe Labour have actually stated they would campaign against their own deal, only against a Tory one, right?

Yes that's what they have said. Reporters just deliberately muddle it to confuse the populace.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

radmonger posted:

Dunno about FBPE’s, but the obvious objection to that policy is that literally zero voters want to spend the next 6-12 months ignoring all other political and economic issues in order to extend Brexit in an attempt to negotiate an implausible deal. Which, if somehow achieved, would then be campaigned against by the ones who negotiated it.

Except that I don’t believe Labour have actually stated they would campaign against their own deal, only against a Tory one, right? Either way, while it can be accepted that Labour’s Brexit policy is absolutely clear, unambiguous and well communicated, the question of what it actually _is_ does seem still open.

Source your quotes

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Email sent to all LP members by Corbyn on 9th July this year:

(my bolds/underlines) - obviously I have changed my name to protect the innocent-ish.

quote:

Dear Jaeluni

I am proud to lead the Labour Party – the greatest political party and social movement in this country.

We all recognise that the issue of Brexit has been divisive in our communities and sometimes in our party too.

As democrats, Labour accepted the result of the 2016 referendum. In our 2017 manifesto, Labour also committed to oppose a No Deal Brexit and the Tories' Brexit plans – which threatened jobs, living standards, and the open multicultural society that we as internationalists value so much.

I want to pay tribute to Keir Starmer and the shadow Brexit team for holding the Government to account during this process. That helped secure a meaningful vote on their deal – which we then defeated three times – including inflicting the largest ever defeat on any Government. And following their refusal to publish their legal advice, this Government became the first to be held in contempt of Parliament.

Labour set out a compromise plan to try to bring the country together based around a customs union, a strong single market relationship and protection of environmental regulations and rights at work. We continue to believe this is a sensible alternative that could bring the country together.

But the Prime Minister refused to compromise and was unable to deliver, so we ended cross-party talks.

Now both Tory leadership candidates are threatening a No Deal Brexit – or at best a race to the bottom and a sweetheart deal with Donald Trump: that runs down industry, opens up our NHS and other public services to yet more privatisation, and shreds environmental protections, rights at work and consumer standards.

I have spent the past few weeks consulting with the shadow cabinet, MPs, affiliated unions and the NEC. I have also had feedback from members via the National Policy Forum consultation on Brexit.

Whoever becomes the new Prime Minister should have the confidence to put their deal, or No Deal, back to the people in a public vote.

In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs.

Labour has a crucial, historic duty to safeguard jobs, rights and living standards. But no Brexit outcome alone can do that.

We need a general election. After nine years of austerity, too many people in this country cannot find decent secure well-paid work, and have to rely on public services that have been severely cut back.

Our country is ravaged by inequality and rising poverty, huge regional imbalances of investment, and the government is failing to tackle the climate emergency facing us all.

That is why we need a Labour government to end austerity and rebuild our country for the many not the few.

Signed, Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the Labour Party

Jeremy Corbyn
Leader of the Labour Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Tarnop posted:

Source your quotes

The email sent to all Labour party members by Corbyn on 9th July, helpfully quoted a above. Read the bolded parts.

As wrong as it is to reduce the nuance and deliberate question avoidance to yes/no, if you did so, you get ‘If we win an election we will Brexit’.

Failing to understand that the probable majority of people people currently against Brexit would prefer a different policy is no basis for a successful campaign strategy.