Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Greenway and Jake Bean were both on my radar. Anywho, to round out the backend I will take Nikita Zadorov

Gourde - Barzal - Pastrnak
Dvorak - Zibanejad - Tuch
Hirose - Kempe - Rust

Sergachev - Dumba
Matheson - Savard
Zadorov - R. Andersson

Mrazek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Connor Clifton

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects Laurent Brossoit.

While he didn't play a lot of games, his sv%, gsaa, and quality start percentage were good.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
2 hours have passed so Mentholmoose is skipped, I'll take Artem Anisimov

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Selecting for El Gallinero Gros, Connor Brown

i am the bird (6:11 PM EST)
VOTE1
WeaponX
stab
Jonathan Fisk
Drunk Canuck

Skipped:
mentholmoose (x1)

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 6, 2019

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ok, gonna make my skipped pick.

Zach Aston-Reese. Should be a good fit on my fourth line.

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-Palat
Lindblom-Zacha-Beauvillier
?-Aston-Reese-?

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon-Green

Rinne
Georgiev

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Ok, gonna make my skipped pick.

Zach Aston-Reese. Should be a good fit on my fourth line.

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-Palat
Lindblom-Zacha-Beauvillier
?-Aston-Reese-?

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon-Green

Rinne
Georgiev

ZAR is a great 4th liner/plug. He can slot up with injuries and not be a complete black hole on a line which is more than you could ask for with a pick at this stage.
He had a bit of an up and down season last year but that's because he bounced between playing with Malkin and the corpse of Matt Cullen so just being on a consistent line might see him establish himself as a more dominant forward. He's show the ability in bursts.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit takes Juuso Valimaki

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jets select Chris Tanev.

Hoping with not as heavy deployment this year (which should be possible given Vancouver d changes) he is able to bounce back a bit.

If not, he will still be ok, and only has one year left on his deal.

Oh and also it means brothers on the same team which is cool.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
WeaponX (8:28 PM EST)
stab
Jonathan Fisk
Drunk Canuck
Kilza
JawKnee

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select Mattias Janmark

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

WeaponX posted:

The San Jose Sharks select Mattias Janmark

already selected by teemu pokemon's homely squad

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

poo poo, the San Jose Sharks select Brendan Lemieux

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, at least you aren't the first person to try and pick a player that's already been picked.

Next up:
stab (until 10:28 AM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
Drunk Canuck
Kilza
JawKnee

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Yeah i might misspell his name because hes a goober but gently caress it its close enough, the lovely rookie from the red wings

Micheal Michael Rasmussen

stab fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 7, 2019

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I guess I'm impressed that you misspelled Michael rather than his phonetic last name.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

stab posted:

Yeah i might misspell his name because hes a goober but gently caress it its close enough, the lovely rookie from the red wings

Micheal Rasmussen

He's going to make an incredible overpaid 3rd line center for Edmonton in a few years

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This is the point where I'm starting to throw darts with a lot of players, but Lawrence Pilut was probably the second-best defenseman on the Sabres last year and should only improve with a greater role this year.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kings Select LW Trevor Moore

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Moore was on my reserve, ah well

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

These choices get tougher and tougher, but I'll pick MacKenzie Weegar as my 3rd pairing RHD.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
Johansson - Trocheck - White
Nieto - Steel - Hornqvist
x - Ryan - x

Hedman - Petry
McNabb - Miller
x - Weegar

Raanta

Next up:
JawKnee (until 12 PM EST)
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Gonna take a reach on a player that might not even play this season with Karson Kuhlman

At 23 he's only played 11 regular season games for the Bruins, which isn't much of a sample to draw anything from. Never-the-less I'm going to!

Who cares if he shot 20%, he did it on 12 minutes a night! I like it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

13m to go to the cap floor for the canucks!

also I have 7 contracts expiring next year lol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

stab posted:

Micheal Michael Rasmussen

I'm truly sorry for your loss

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm truly sorry for your loss

That fucker is never going to see the ice or at tops he's getting like 8 minutes a game.

I wanna do like Tampa did that year where they had 4 lines and literally 3 dudes i think either never played or had a TOI of like 2 minutes

Am i crazy or did that not happen and im hallucinating things

P.s rasmussen is trash but hes cheap trash with some small upside

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

stab posted:

That fucker is never going to see the ice or at tops he's getting like 8 minutes a game.

I wanna do like Tampa did that year where they had 4 lines and literally 3 dudes i think either never played or had a TOI of like 2 minutes

Am i crazy or did that not happen and im hallucinating things

I think the closest is Carolina's 2001-02 squad, who iced Darren Langdon for an average of 3:21 in 54 games, Craig Adams for 4:30 in 44 games, and Jeff Daniels for 7:30 in 67 games, while true full-timer Tommy Westlund averaged 9:22 across 79 games.
https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CAR/2001.html

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I mean, it could be worse. You could be better off only playing one line for the entire game (hi real life Oilers).

Next up:
Kuule hain nussivan (until 12 PM EST)
FBS
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The just now woken up Avs select Connor Murphy to sit on their third pair and be big.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm going to pretend Stephen Johns didn't miss an entire season and that his brain will be just fine for the rest of his contract.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Have people been skipped?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
lazerwolf has until 12:37 PM EST

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK so about 15 mins then its Ergo

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selects Ryan Carpenter

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Since my last Oilers RW won't be playing this season, Zack Kassian

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong but I checked the sheet multiple times and this guy seems to be available. It surprised me because he played 22 minutes a game and was fairly decent on a lovely team. I need another lefty on my blueline.

The Devils select Ben Hutton.

This makes me defense:

Severson-Klingberg
Hutton-Hronek
Fox

I like that D baby!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Ottawa Senators select Derrick Pouliot.

I was going to start taking prospects here, and I'll likely mostly take prospects the rest of the way, but Pouliot can play 16 decent minutes / night, and step up the lineup for a few games in the event of an injury, and that's what I want out of a 3rd pairing guy. That and a one year prove it contract, with a 700k salary, that leaves him as an RFA after it expires.

Gallagher - Crosby - Kreider
Tkachuk - Skinner - Hinostroza
Lowry - Simon

Karlsson - Goligoski
Risto - Manson
Pouliot

Jones
Ullmark

Babcock

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

fawning deference posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I checked the sheet multiple times and this guy seems to be available. It surprised me

bad pick, bad player

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Florida pastes in Pierre-Édouard Bellemare to avoid having to type it out correctly.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Drunk Canuck posted:

bad pick, bad player

Interesting. I thought I remembered Canucks fans saying he was a bit unsung. Well either way he can eat minutes, badly or no, and if he does actually suck he can just get third pairing minutes and I can move Fox up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hasn't posted it here and the forums are acting up but Teemu wants Patrick Marleau