Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

no dilbert ever

Ahh, now there's the poor-shaming that was missing from yesterday's strip.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Boy I've been busy over the last week and I completely forgot to set aside time to post comics. I'm going to split it up and post them throughout the day so it's not just a giant lump of poo poo.

You mean you're gonna dump a huge load of Holbrook on us? You shouldn't have! :v: ...No really, you shouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

StrixNebulosa posted:

After this is one of the Holbrook dumps and I'm not ready, Frumple

I'm sorry to say there is nothing I can do about it. It's gonna happen and we will all suffer. I'm not going to start on Holbrook until after my run here though so you have plenty of time to prepare emotionally.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FrumpleOrz posted:

I'm sorry to say there is nothing I can do about it. It's gonna happen and we will all suffer. I'm not going to start on Holbrook until after my run here though so you have plenty of time to prepare emotionally.

I love hatereading Holbrook as much as I love hatereading Luann so keep it up. Have a good run.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TampaTango posted:

This isn’t “The Commissar Vanishes”

Oh, give me a break. :jerkbag:

If the thead decides to stop posting Dilbert and someone really wants to read it still, there are plenty of ways to go about doing that. This isn't an archive of comic strips - posters have always chosen what they want to post, and no particular artist is obligated to have their work included. A lot of comics don't get posted here because they're just plain boring, are those being censored too?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is the only Family Circus I've ever laughed at.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus 2

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
drat i cant wait to erase every trace of scott adams ever existing just by not posting dilbert in a something awful subforum

Garfield

Heathcliff

Oveboard

Monty

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I wasn't expecting a glory hole joke in classic Nancy, but I'm also not surprised.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I could give or take Dilbert. It's in my local paper so I'll end up seeing it anyways. Someone was posting the very early Dilberts for a while and those were fun.

That being said I love Zippy and look forward to it every day!

Gatley Heathcliff

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 6, 2019

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

ON THE FASTRACK

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

FrumpleOrz posted:

At least there's No Safe Havens on Sunday.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FrumpleOrz posted:

ON THE FASTRACK

what does the stopwatch have to do with this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

lmao i was scrolling past the other day and thought for sure that guy, despite looking like the stupid art forger, was someone else because it was too stupid

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

SAFE HAVENS

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

KEVIN & KELL I'm not gonna lie, the Sunday one got me to laugh.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

FrumpleOrz posted:

ON THE FASTRACK

This is literally someone throwing the bus on top of him.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

It's impressive how every single Holbrook strip was stupid. Has to be a new record.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I know I've said this before, but the trapeze people in Safe Havens make me irrationally angry and I don't know why.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Either post Dilbert because it's a big name comic strip or you want to expose it to criticism or you simply want to, or don't post Dilbert because you want to spare people the sight of potential offensive strips or avoid reminding them of noted rear end in a top hat Scott Adams or simply don't want to. Either one's fine but in my opinion commit to your choice and don't faff about with posting it, but spoilered or linked.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

I know I've said this before, but the trapeze people in Safe Havens make me irrationally angry and I don't know why.
it's apparently an inheritable trait

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

My Lovely Horse posted:

Either post Dilbert because it's a big name comic strip or you want to expose it to criticism or you simply want to, or don't post Dilbert because you want to spare people the sight of potential offensive strips or avoid reminding them of noted rear end in a top hat Scott Adams or simply don't want to. Either one's fine but in my opinion commit to your choice and don't faff about with posting it, but spoilered or linked.
:yeah:

(The correct option is not posting it at all, btw.)

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

FrumpleOrz posted:

ON THE FASTRACK

why is the eye, and not the ear, eavesdropping on an in-person conversation. how is he so bad at this!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Egads, but I do like the Bus.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sorta related: Viacom Media has announced its plan to acquire everything to do with Garfield, including a new animated adaptation. No clue if the comic itself will change or not.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
I don't really see the point in dropping Dilbert. The point of this thread is to :justpost: comics, even if they occasionally or even regularly suck. Adams is a goofy little shithead, but Dilbert isn't exactly Mallard Fillmore. Apart from the occasional idiotic flare-up, it's about as anodyne as Retail or similar.

Re: "providing a platform for Adams," I don't know how that applies here. Adams doesn't get one red cent from this thread, nor are his opinions championed in any way.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

treasureplane posted:

I don't really see the point in dropping Dilbert. The point of this thread is to :justpost: comics, even if they occasionally or even regularly suck. Adams is a goofy little shithead, but Dilbert isn't exactly Mallard Fillmore. Apart from the occasional idiotic flare-up, it's about as anodyne as Retail or similar.

Re: "providing a platform for Adams," I don't know how that applies here. Adams doesn't get one red cent from this thread, nor are his opinions championed in any way.
Unless someone comments on it I usually just scroll past it anyway, like 75% of the content in this thread.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Seeing it posted all at once like this really highlights how awful Holbrook is at visual jokes. I gotta wonder if the quality would improve a tiny bit if he didn't spread himself thin over three strips like this.

FrumpleOrz posted:

SAFE HAVENS

Why are these lovely parents worried more about whatever the Dodos are going to do rather than the fact they're going to abandon the planet they adopted as their kid? :argh:

The way I see it, either they get a stupid reason to extend their stay and we get more lovely parenting, or they actually leave on schedule and Mars gets relegated to occasional gags.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

treasureplane posted:

I agree. I'm certainly not going to tell people what to post, I'm frankly super grateful for all the effort people put into this thread, but if you know you hate dilbert, just scroll past imo

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
eh i guess.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

No, they have a reputation for looking like sweet dogs. They're bred to be snappy little buggers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Evil Mastermind posted:

What's the deal with the trapeze people, anyway?

You'd think they'd use more zero-gee-capable beds on a spacecraft where the rotation might need to be turned off for maneuvering or repairs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

I'm gonna cryyyyy

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

FrumpleOrz posted:

SAFE HAVENS

If the robot is solar powered, it's not aerobic and it doesn't need exercise.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Lockhorns

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

maltesh posted:

What's the deal with the trapeze people, anyway?

You'd think they'd use more zero-gee-capable beds on a spacecraft where the rotation might need to be turned off for maneuvering or repairs.

I've actually asked this a few times myself, but any answer I've gotten has floated out of my head by the next time the trapeze people show up. Or I block it out, one or the other.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

MOTHER GOOSE & GRIMM

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

HAGAR THE HORRIBLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Technowolf posted:

Sorta related: Viacom Media has announced its plan to acquire everything to do with Garfield, including a new animated adaptation. No clue if the comic itself will change or not.

the article says he's still "doing" the strip, so there's still going to be interns copy-pasting art assets onto pre-generated outlines or whatever they do now.

Jim Davis posted:

“I’ve always tried to make people laugh with humor that is classic and appealing to both kids and adults. I’m delighted that Garfield is going to be placed in the capable hands of the folks at Nick. They know how to entertain and will be great stewards for the franchise. I am also excited to continue to do the thing that gets me out of bed every morning — the comic strip.”

I expect zero change except maybe they say it can't get posted on GoComics anymore, and all that means is I have to keep garfield.com bookmarked instead

count me in among the "just post it if you gotta" crowd but, I hope you do spoiler it if any bullshit gender takes transpire from here on