Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I'm a labour member and I never get those emails.

Who should I complain too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

notaspy posted:

Are you Jewish?

Regardless, take it to the JLM

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

sebzilla posted:

Are you Jewish?

Regardless, take it to the JLM

Hey, I don't get them either! :thunk:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

It's antisemitic to claim that the antisemitism in Labour has been overblown for political ends.

Also let me interrupt this news segment on how two right wing terrorists slaughtered dozens with automatic weapons to talk about how some rose emoji called me a melt on twitter and how it's exactly the same.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Gaemblor posted:

It's Trevor Bastard - same guy behind Simon Hedges / Streatham Rovers / Oliver Laughdugry / a billion other 'Trevor Bastard Extended Universe' parody accounts

Ohhhh cool, I didn't realise he was behind any of those. They're really well done parody accounts, just the right level of subtly silly.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

notaspy posted:

Our CLP secretary who uses the new Organise system to send out emails (which is supposed to be GDPR compliant) told me that there is an issue with some members not receiving emails via that system. He has been trying to find out why.

Suggest you "contact labourmembership@labour.org.uk or call us on 0345 092 2299 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)."

I have seen some of the inner workings of the system and there seems to be a range of tick boxes for whether people want to receive texts, emails or phone calls but one of the people who is NOT receiving the emails has them all ticked.

I think some ISPs have 'aggressive' spam filters and maybe Labour organise mails are falling foul of that. Our sec'y did say there had been a bit issue with one of them ISPs (can't remember which) which Labour HQ had had to sort out.

Ed: two of the people I know aren't getting them in our CLP aren't jewish so there's that theory blown :P

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hahaha I love it when these fucks out themselves

https://twitter.com/carmic3/status/1158656420474163200?s=19

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

White supremacists are literally gunning down innocent people by the dozens but have you seen that some people are mean to Rachel Riley on twitter?!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/uncoolfellazone/status/1158772523749793792?s=20

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I always thought she would be a bright and informed individual based on her mathematics skills. Or maybe there's something to the adage of 'Good at Maths, poo poo at Arts & Humanities.'

Personally I'm kind of nervous about the implications of all this fascist and supremacist upheaval and how it may translate over time across the Atlantic. It feeds itself into those deranged enough to buy into it and exhibit those values, and at some point they just snap with hatred. I know we're already seeing it, but I get the sinking feeling that things will become more violent especially with the ultra-austerity clampdowns. Not only will it be hate crimes and gang violence now, but politically fueled violence because of straight up lies as well. It's a bit disheartening.

The knife crime in London alone is increasing at a small but steady rate according to most of the statistics. If we do bomb out of the EU with nothing, I can't see any sort of measure curtailing it in the immediate future. I'm sure the police have a lot to say on the subject, but nobody will listen.

tldr: How do I buy a gun that shoots knives?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 6, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Coohoolin posted:

Hahaha I love it when these fucks out themselves

https://twitter.com/carmic3/status/1158656420474163200?s=19

LOL at someone being too much of a poo poo for Daisley.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's antisemitic to claim that the antisemitism in Labour has been overblown for political ends.

Also let me interrupt this news segment on how two right wing terrorists slaughtered dozens with automatic weapons to talk about how some rose emoji called me a melt on twitter and how it's exactly the same.

it's cool how the news is signal boosting this idea that even the anti-racist left hates jews, just to give antisemitism that mainstream flavour

Eleanor did pretty good in addressing that without letting them pull her off topic into BUT LABOUR

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Mcdonnel just threw scotlab under the bus.

https://twitter.com/HTScotPol/status/1158782739551805442?s=19

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Ooft.

There's also been a bunch of headlines today about Ruth Davidson being thrown under the bus by Tory HQ, haven't bothered reading what the craic is exactly but I'm enjoying the pre-2014 nostalgia.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
That's the 2017 manifesto out the window then. Labour definitely gearing up for an SNP coalition in that case.

E: Labour, 2017:

quote:

Labour opposes a second Scottish independence referendum. It is unwanted and unnecessary, and we will campaign tirelessly to ensure Scotland remains part of the UK. Independence would lead to turbo-charged austerity for Scottish families.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Diet Crack posted:

The knife crime in London alone is increasing at a small but steady rate according to most of the statistics.
Yes, it's back up to the barbaric levels of the late 00s :cryingolympicopeningceremony:

It's not great that it's going up, but most of that is youth services closures and the death throes of the war on drugs.

Diet Crack posted:

If we do bomb out of the EU with nothing, I can't see any sort of measure curtailing it in the immediate future. I'm sure the police have a lot to say on the subject, but nobody will listen.
That's because most of it is a string of slurs for African and Asian people. And "more stop and search", which does not work.

lmao

Diet Crack posted:

tldr: How do I buy a gun that shoots knives?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PIpLFcUOg

e: ^^^ How would a Lab/SNP coalition work if there's a Labour minority in England and Wales? Making every law GB/UK in scope, or just hoping that Sinn Fein take their seats the SNP vote on devolved issues outside of Scotland?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
it's McDonnell, he's a favourite vehicle to trot out test balloons, wait 24h to see if it turns out to be another misspeaking

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:eyepop:

Can't believe stop-and-search has a retroactive effect, let's do it more and get those past numbers even lower!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

ronya posted:

it's McDonnell, he's a favourite vehicle to trot out test balloons, wait 24h to see if it turns out to be another misspeaking

I'd say he's more likely to mao them out

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
that said, it is hilariously consistent to promise a referendum on terms your members don't want, in order to campaign against the option your members also don't want

Guavanaut posted:

e: ^^^ How would a Lab/SNP coalition work if there's a Labour minority in England and Wales? Making every law GB/UK in scope, or just hoping that Sinn Fein take their seats the SNP vote on devolved issues outside of Scotland?

the SNP still wants a referendum approved and agreed to be recognized as binding in Westminster, not a UDI, hence major English party support is critical to making its raison d'etre actionable

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Guavanaut posted:

Hmm, I suspect the SNP would be willing to overlook the West Lothian question to support a government that had made adequate concessions to devolution/funding/indyref holding.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

:eyepop:

Can't believe stop-and-search has a retroactive effect, let's do it more and get those past numbers even lower!
Preventing the Thames Torso Murders by aggressively searching Chris Osinbajo, 15, every time he goes to the newsagent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/brexitparty_uk/status/1158377052342562819?s=19

Best photo they could get.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
man Danny Baker has fallen hard since the BBC fired him

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
That neck :stare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We used to make poo poo in this country, built poo poo. Now we just put our hands in the next man's pocket.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

bold move desecrating the flag like that

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Gonzo McFee posted:

Best photo they could get.
He definitely looks like he's spent a not insignificant amount of time explaining why racism isn't real on facebook.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

He looks like he's survived a hanging

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Good comment under:

https://twitter.com/rodmckie/status/1158521333506027520

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

NFB

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
That man. I don't know what it is exactly, but give him a big red rubber nose and he's literally every stereotypical sleazy circus clown ever.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like the alien from the first Men in Black movie has been stealing bodies again.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Of course he's loving nobility

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

He's Barney pretending to be Krusty in the Kamp Krusty episode.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

That is a very sunk-in chin right there.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Diet Crack posted:

I always thought she would be a bright and informed individual based on her mathematics skills. Or maybe there's something to the adage of 'Good at Maths, poo poo at Arts & Humanities.'

STEM graduates, particularly engineers, are much more likely to become right-wing extremists, fundamentalists and terrorists than liberal art, social sciences and humanities graduates. Something about seeing human society as a machine or a mechanism with rules, causes and effects instead of the chaotic mess it actually is. Or possibly it's reversed and having a tendency to view things as mechanical is what puts you on both the engineering and terrorism paths.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sulphagnist posted:

STEM graduates, particularly engineers, are much more likely to become right-wing extremists, fundamentalists and terrorists than liberal art, social sciences and humanities graduates. Something about seeing human society as a machine or a mechanism with rules, causes and effects instead of the chaotic mess it actually is. Or possibly it's reversed and having a tendency to view things as mechanical is what puts you on both the engineering and terrorism paths.

Engineer brain is a whole different tier to regular STEM brain, even "normal" engineers are inevitably going to be massive weird dorks, just sometimes in a nice way

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sulphagnist posted:

Shoves PhD in STEM subject behind back of sofa....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NewMars posted:

That man. I don't know what it is exactly, but give him a big red rubber nose and he's literally every stereotypical sleazy circus clown ever.

Sulphagnist posted:

I thought it was that engineers especially were more likely to become fundamentalists and terrorists of any wing or stripe, and it's most likely because they believe that a) there is a solution for problem, and b) solution isn't a people solution but a technical solution.

Can't get more technical solution than bombing something.

It's mostly because the countries that they looked at for radicalized engineers don't really have a radical left option if you're angry and alienated.