Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I've kept avoiding the thread for fear of spoilers but I've got another, incredibly frustrating question regarding paths:

I've never been able to get Edelgard to B support, it has been stuck at "going to take some time" for many ingame months. Now I got the option to attend her coronation and then.... she turns and I have to fight her. Apparently I'm locked out of that story, because I was supposed to be C+ support with her but I've literally been unable to advance her support so what the heck? I assume you have to get her past B at some early point in the game, which means there's no way I can even go back and fix this which sucks massive rear end since this is the stuff I was most interested in :sigh:

You cant advance any supports past B until the timeskip. The annoying thing with the Edelgard choice is that you cant back out, you have to commit then and there and it automatically advances the day. There should be a warning or something before you talk to her.

If youre talking about her reveal in the tomb in like January you have to fight her in every route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

I've kept avoiding the thread for fear of spoilers but I've got another, incredibly frustrating question regarding paths:

I've never been able to get Edelgard to B support, it has been stuck at "going to take some time" for many ingame months. Now I got the option to attend her coronation and then.... she turns and I have to fight her. Apparently I'm locked out of that story, because I was supposed to be C+ support with her but I've literally been unable to advance her support so what the heck? I assume you have to get her past B at some early point in the game, which means there's no way I can even go back and fix this which sucks massive rear end since this is the stuff I was most interested in :sigh:

No you are still on the right track if you attended the coronation. You have to fight her that chapter no matter what, the choice is after the chapter.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is there any downside to just retreating and re-running levels until I’ve maxed out all my current classes?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
then why did the internet say I needed C+ support with her to get this route

if that's the case then thank god, I guess I'm booting up the game again

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

You need C+ for her to invite you to the coronation. If your support is locked it means you got to C+

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Your Computer posted:

You're a little confused on terminology, I think. C+ isn't B or higher, it's C part two.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

You need C+ for her to invite you to the coronation. If your support is locked it means you got to C+
lmao it turns out I'm just bad at the alphabet, B support comes after C support :cripes:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Like there’s a fair few A+ supports in this game if you go through the log, which should tip you off

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Gamerofthegame posted:

claude you absolute dipshit

you set us on fire

that owned so hard, because i assumed it was just going to do a thing that stopped the pegasus experiment pinatas from spawning.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Funnily enough it seemed to work in game?? like all the enemy troops freaked out and stopped moving, and then the boss lost his poo poo and tried to scalp Byleth

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

morestuff posted:

Is there any downside to just retreating and re-running levels until I’ve maxed out all my current classes?

You will overlevel and (even further) trivialize the game's difficulty, rendering all further missions less engaging for the rest of the game. Other than that, no.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

It's really loving boring

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I thought you lose all exp you gain if you retreat from a map? Or at least that’s what I read last time I had to do it

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hargrimm posted:

You will overlevel and (even further) trivialize the game's difficulty, rendering all further missions less engaging for the rest of the game. Other than that, no.

Cool

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Can Gambits break more than one armor tile on a monster? I could swear it worked a couple times but every time since then I've only gotten one tile to break. Maybe I imagined it before, it would kinda trivialize the monsters (even further) if I could just zap em once with one of the Gambits that hits a large radius.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I thought you lose all exp you gain if you retreat from a map? Or at least that’s what I read last time I had to do it

I believe it's a hard/normal mode difference

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Can Gambits break more than one armor tile on a monster? I could swear it worked a couple times but every time since then I've only gotten one tile to break. Maybe I imagined it before, it would kinda trivialize the monsters (even further) if I could just zap em once with one of the Gambits that hits a large radius.

Gambits break both levels of armor on the square they're initially targeted at, and one level of armor on all other squares within their AoE.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Phenotype posted:

Yes, though it depends on gambit. I've seen 2 armor times fully broken by a gambit but also one tile fully broken ja the three others just cracked.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Annette gets a battalion from her Part 2 paralogue with her dad that lets her instantly shatter all four armor tiles on monsters.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow, Byleth's unique class is ugly.

I got used to it after awhile, and could even kinda dig the fighting pope look. I never really got around to liking the collar though.

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

The collar is unforgivable.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Eagles route split: So I figured Flayn was probably going to leave but somehow it didn't occur to me that she might take her stuff with her. Rip march ring, I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FByleth was already a fashion nightmare so I accepted the ugliness of her unique class with open arms

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Is Gilbert recruitable on Golden Deer

like in the monastery in chapter 18, Annette mentions that her dad was seen carrying Dimitri’s corpse off the battlefield, so I figure he’s one of the characters who sticks with Faerghus

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Andrast posted:

FByleth was already a fashion nightmare so I accepted the ugliness of her unique class with open arms

FByleth is inferior to MByleth if only because FByleth always has this were dead-doe-eyed look to her. Both Byleths lack much personality, but MByleth at least looks like he is thinking about things. FByleth looks as if there hasn't been a brain cell firing off for years.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byleth looks blazed at all times

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is Gilbert recruitable on Golden Deer

like in the monastery in chapter 18, Annette mentions that her dad was seen carrying Dimitri’s corpse off the battlefield, so I figure he’s one of the characters who sticks with Faerghus

He is not.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My only issue with MByleth's look: those stupid sleeves on his default outfit. Their placement doesn't make any sense and they don't have realistic physics so they just move stiffly with his arms in cutscenes. I feel like that's an element of his design that should've been cut as soon as they saw it on the character model but nope, stupid stiff sleeves.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would definitely wear that bonus outfit if I had the option to leave off the hat.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Harrow posted:

My only issue with MByleth's look: those stupid sleeves on his default outfit. Their placement doesn't make any sense and they don't have realistic physics so they just move stiffly with his arms in cutscenes. I feel like that's an element of his design that should've been cut as soon as they saw it on the character model but nope, stupid stiff sleeves.

Also that fash peaked cap on the alternate. Why's that there?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What's the rule for how you break monster barriers? Is it just 1 combat = crack, 2 combats = break, and effective damage = auto-break? Or does the amount of damage or hits you do make a difference?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What's the rule for how you break monster barriers? Is it just 1 combat = crack, 2 combats = break, and effective damage = auto-break? Or does the amount of damage or hits you do make a difference?

It’s pretty much just that. Damage or number of hits doesn’t matter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wonder how different the supports are between the male/female MC. I can't imagine so many characters like Dorothea and Manuela being obviously horny for the female MC.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

RBA Starblade posted:

Byleth looks blazed at all times

sothis is actually the goddess of weed, she's constantly leaking thc into Byleth's body just by being in her head or whatever

sorry to spoil you on that

Also I just got to Part 2 in Edelgard's route (would be earlier but my partner has now forbidden me from playing without her there to watch, she's gotten massively sucked in), and, uh, talk about loving glow-ups, gently caress. Hello, Petra! Hello, Caspar!

Also that last battle before the timeskip was tricky, I think it took me an hour and a half to win, taking it nice and slow. MVP was Leonie, who took hits like a champ and dished out a lot of pain.

Bows are really hosed up in this game, huh? If you're willing to give up a slot to Close Counter, they're almost identical to Lances (weight/hit/damage-wise), except, you know, with range.

Tired Moritz posted:

I wonder how different the supports are between the male/female MC. I can't imagine so many characters like Dorothea and Manuela being obviously horny for the female MC.

You don't have to imagine with Dorothea!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RoyalScion posted:

It’s pretty much just that. Damage or number of hits doesn’t matter.

This is how I felt early on, and then later it became the opposite where no matter how much damage I did I needed two different people to hit a shield part for a break

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

even aside from dorothea being S-rankable with girl byleth, i remember her getting very horny with ingrid in their B rank support, only to be told in no uncertain terms to gently caress off

which made their paralogue even more hilariously incomprehensible and disjointed in retrospect

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Tired Moritz posted:

Dorothea is outrageously horny for F!Byleth, too. Manuela, not as much?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
So the second DLC should be published before the end of October and it will contain grindmaps with more enemies which drop items as well as "helpful in-game support items", which most likely is stuff you find on the ground in monastery. Not useful, but they are releasing a free patch on the day as well. Perhaps that's lunatic mode.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man, it's really difficult to not skill Byleth as a Faith magic user considering that White Magic Avoid +20 is absolutely loving bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dorothea is young "will gently caress anyone" horny, manuela is old "will flirt with younger people but not actually gently caress them" horny