Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Here's a menu in the installation for the Good Place they have at SDCC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
They missed it by not having Megan Amram name every menu item with a pun.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bullshirt, where are the food puns? It's not The Good Place without the food puns.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ten dollars for a bowl of cereal?

This is the bad place.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

inthesto posted:

Ten dollars for a bowl of cereal?

This is the bad place.

inthesto figured it out? I'm not gonna lie, this one hurts.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Pan Dulce posted:

Here's a menu in the installation for the Good Place they have at SDCC.

Man that menu is a nightmare for anyone allergic to eggs (like me)

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

swickles posted:

They missed it by not having Megan Amram name every menu item with a pun.
Yeah I kept rereading that looking for the jokes. That's just a menu.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It probably sounds silly, but I always half-assumed that these kinds of things were free. I mean it’s basically a big advertisement for the show.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Oasx posted:

It probably sounds silly, but I always half-assumed that these kinds of things were free. I mean it’s basically a big advertisement for the show.

Nerd conventions are full of overpriced everything, panels that should interest you but bore you after 2 minutes, and people who share your interests but annoy you after two sentences of conversation.

Nerd conventions are the real Bad Place.

(I'm a huge grump; I'm sure conventions are very fun for people who aren't me.)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

inthesto posted:

Nerd conventions are full of overpriced everything, panels that should interest you but bore you after 2 minutes, and people who share your interests but annoy you after two sentences of conversation.

Nerd conventions are the real Bad Place.

(I'm a huge grump; I'm sure conventions are very fun for people who aren't me.)

Yeah, I got a free trip to PAX once and it was the most boring awkward thing I've ever seen. Pay to wait in lines to see commercials for videos games a day or two early, wow. Potentially interesting panels that... were not. Corporations hawking their commercials and a whole industry of over-priced embarassing nerd-chachkies. We all had way more fun just skipping the convention its self and wandering around Seattle.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Just go to DragonCon, get a hotel room, spend most of your time people watching, it owns

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
Season 3 Gag Reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uolHo5M9eZs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Today was the last day of filming The Good Place. :gbsmith:

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1157793889538805760

https://twitter.com/mannyjacinto/status/1157853182657044481

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd love if an event in Season 4 threatened the main cast's existence and Shawn ended up saving them. The logic being "I'm not going to let you off that easy, I still want to torture you for eternity and I can't do that if you cease to exist."

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd love if an event in Season 4 threatened the main cast's existence and Shawn ended up saving them. The logic being "I'm not going to let you off that easy, I still want to torture you for eternity and I can't do that if you cease to exist."

I too want the good place to become dbz

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jameela Jamil's cluster swearing will never stop being hilarious to me.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Help.

Also you can get away with saying bollocks but they have to bleep out balls? what the fork?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Jameela Jamil's cluster swearing will never stop being hilarious to me.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Help.

Also you can get away with saying bollocks but they have to bleep out balls? what the fork?

Americans don’t know what bollocks means. Thus having Spike use it all the time in Buffy.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Good news: Because it was nominated for an Emmy, the script for Janets was posted on the Emmy website!

Bad news: Because everybody talked so much poo poo about the GOT script, the Emmys put all the scripts behind a username/password, so you can't download it anymore.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Good news: Because it was nominated for an Emmy, the script for Janets was posted on the Emmy website!

Bad news: Because everybody talked so much poo poo about the GOT script, the Emmys put all the scripts behind a username/password, so you can't download it anymore.

If anyone has a copy pm me, I'd love to read it

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Koalas March posted:

Same. Maybe they'll post the scripts back publicly when the heat dies down.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Koalas March posted:

Same. I can’t believe I couldn’t find anything on Reddit, but here we are.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Thanks to whoever recommended post-TGP sitcoms - Superstore was just lovely and The Detour might be one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm not entirely sold on The Detour, I watched the first two seasons and I haven't cared enough to watch the third yet. The husband and wife are just too dysfunctional, and not in a fun way. I dunno, it's had some good bits, but it just doesn't all come together well enough I think.

Santa Clarita Diet was wonderful, though, and I wish it had gotten another season or two. Has Drew Barrymore done any other work in the last, like, ten years? It took me a few minutes to recognize her, but she was fantastic. And I could have SWORN that her rival real estate agent lady was Alicia Silverstone in a sort of mirror of 90s hotties, but it's just some actress that looks just like her.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Phenotype posted:

Santa Clarita Diet [...]
And I could have SWORN that her rival real estate agent lady was Alicia Silverstone in a sort of mirror of 90s hotties, but it's just some actress that looks just like her.
She was Juliet O'Hara on Psych, maybe that's where you recognize her from?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Man, I miss Psych. The first episode I saw was several seasons into the show's run. I'm pretty sure it was "Tuesday the 17th," and from the title card for that episode, I was hooked. (The literal Rick Roll at the end was also sweet.) It was one of those shows that people had been telling me to check out and I was like, no, don't wanna do that... then I was mad at all of them for not trying harder to make me watch it.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

tarlibone posted:

then I was mad at all of them for not trying harder to make me watch it.

Real Eleanor move.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Ardlen posted:

She was Juliet O'Hara on Psych, maybe that's where you recognize her from?

Never seen Psych, no. It's not that I recognized her from anything, it's that I was absolutely sure she was Alicia Silverstone until I googled it to make sure. I thought it was a really good bit of casting to mirror Drew Barrymore -- a hot 90s actress that hasn't done any work in the last fifteen years to rival Barrymore, another hot 90s actress that hasn't done any work in the last fifteen years. Apparently no, they just found a doppelganger:

I'm not even sure which is which in that photo.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 8, 2019

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Would you say that with both of them side by side your are Clueless?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Holy hell, they both really do look alike when they're side by side!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Vietnamwees posted:

Holy hell, they both really do look alike when they're side by side!

I would say to them "you want ice cream cone?" BOTH of them say yes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The one on the right is one of Santa Barbara's finest. Both literally and figuratively.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

It makes it more uncanny considering we haven't really seen her in anything in the last ten or twenty years.

That girl could have grown up to look like either of those women.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Is this goon face blindness? Their chins/mouths/eye shape is completely different and that young headshot is clearly Alicia.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I know the young one is Alicia, but that young pic is basically the last time she was in the public eye -- in the intervening years she could have grown up to look exactly like Maggie Lawson.

Or hell, maybe it's face blindness. Even with you pointing it out I can't tell anything different about their chins or mouths or eyes that I wouldn't think could be explained by makeup.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just looked it up and she is going to be in this season of Bajillion Dollar Properties. Before that the last thing I would have seen her in is like Suburgatory in 2011. She was in Book Club which if you are a white woman over 70 you saw two years ago.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have no problem telling Maggie and Alicia apart, but I couldn't have identified Alicia in that picture without being told she was one of them

I think Katheryn Winnick and Scarlett Johannsen look way more alike

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Phenotype posted:

I know the young one is Alicia, but that young pic is basically the last time she was in the public eye -- in the intervening years she could have grown up to look exactly like Maggie Lawson.

Just because actors aren't in things you watch they haven't dropped off the face of the earth. She starred in a show last year and just got cast in a Netflix show this week. She had a bit of a career slump, but was still working fairly regularly all along.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Kristen Bell was on the latest episode of Hot Ones eating vegan wings. She’s so endearing, and she talks moral philosophy :allears:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

I would say to them "you want ice cream cone?" BOTH of them say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

tarlibone posted:

Man, I miss Psych. The first episode I saw was several seasons into the show's run. I'm pretty sure it was "Tuesday the 17th," and from the title card for that episode, I was hooked. (The literal Rick Roll at the end was also sweet.) It was one of those shows that people had been telling me to check out and I was like, no, don't wanna do that... then I was mad at all of them for not trying harder to make me watch it.

I remember seeing ads for Psych, and thinking that looks to be the dumbest the show. Fast forward a year later and I had just burned through the latest Monk boxset and needed something else to watch. The Psych pilot was one of the bonus features, and I thought, "Oh well. Time to see how bad this show really is."

About 20 or so minutes later, Shawn's digging through some rich person's trash, and when he finds a CD wallet, he announces to Gus that he's keeping it.

I immediately went out and bought the DVD set.