Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Still needs updating to have defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Kurtofan posted:

Legendary Wall!

double post oops.

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 6, 2019

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I'd try it as a fun of in food chain goblins before I wrote it off. I can see this being a lotus pretty easy in that format. It's definitely a brick against some decks and stupid good ramp against others. I'm not going to double sleeve 4 but I believe it has very limited use somewhere funky

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

InterrupterJones posted:

I can't wait to finally build the lovely Wall tribal deck with Morophon/Arcades/Doran that I've always wanted to build.

I wish it was WUBRG

5 Color Wall jank is something I would play commander for. Arcades is cool but you don’t get to play red which has some of the fattest butts in the world like 0/8 Wall of Stone and 0/7 Wall of Granite and a bunch of 0/6’s and then you can’t play black to play BR Daretti who’s +1 makes 1/1 Defenders and you miss out on the 0/13 Tree

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Retromancer posted:

I'm mad that this wall is just outside the identity of both my Arcades Walls deck and my Bolas superfriends deck.

Child of Alara as your commander, shuffle the other 201 cards together, EZ-PZ

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Ash barrens is a $3-4 card and it just got a reprint, was it a no show in C19 decks?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

PleasantDirge posted:

Ash barrens is a $3-4 card and it just got a reprint, was it a no show in C19 decks?

It's one of those "staple in almost any deck" kind of cards like Reliquary Tower and Sol Ring

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I ordered the ten guild kits, but Amazon cancelled my order for one set of five and jacked up the price, so I think I'm going to return the rest and save my money for Eldraine/Arena. Hope you enjoyed my Magic: the Gathering story.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

It's one of those "staple in almost any deck" kind of cards like Reliquary Tower and Sol Ring

FTFY

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Also it's nowhere near as much of staple status as Sol Ring.

It is quite good in many pauper decks, though.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Why is sol ring still a $5 card. I get that it goes in every commander deck. But it’s also printed in every commander deck.

After 7 years of printing it I feel like the market is sufficiently flooded with them. Are there people still buying them at $4-$5?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The American Dream posted:

Why is sol ring still a $5 card. I get that it goes in every commander deck. But it’s also printed in every commander deck.

After 7 years of printing it I feel like the market is sufficiently flooded with them. Are there people still buying them at $4-$5?

Yes. Commander is very popular and people like to build lots of decks, and Sol Ring is an auto-include, pretty much always.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

The American Dream posted:

Path to Exile is still ten dollars despite being an uncommon and the zillion times it's been reprinted. It's just drat good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have an Beta Sol Ring and it makes me happy. I can't wait to bust it out.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Someday Bojuka Bog will be $5, and justify the hundred copies I ordered online in college as a joke

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sol Rings are only 1€ here in Europe but they do sell within two days whenever I put some on MKM. I suspect it's just people who are too lazy to switch them between their pile of Commander decks.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 6, 2019

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I have at least 10 sol rings. If it was a $1 card and I needed a second one I’d for sure buy one so I didn’t have to switch.

It just seems like the casuals are probably going to buy a deck a year and the grinders are gonna buy 1-4 a year and eventually everyone is going to have extras laying around after a few years.

It just surprises me it has a premium uncommon level of value still. Not worth like a dollar or two.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
This thread inspired me to count my Sol Rings and I'm proud to report that I own 27 copies

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'd be willing to bet most of the commander deck copies stayed with the original owner. If you bought the deck to play with, no matter what you do with it, you're going to need one.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Aranan posted:

It is quite good in many pauper decks, though.

Thank you! This is the info I wasn't considering. Now I'm good putting the two I fished out of the 50 cent bin in a penny sleeve in the "lands" fat pack box for pauper use

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Slightly restricted Magus of the Future which also gives flash, not bad.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 7, 2019

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
How exactly would one cast a land card?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

nrook posted:

It's probably mostly superfluous text for clarity.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Face down as a morph?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

nrook posted:

Zoetic Cavern?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

The Shortest Path posted:

Slightly restricted Magus of the Future which also gives flash, not bad.

Woof, instantly makes Divergent Kykar better in cEDH. Lets you do the Trinket Mage combo at instant speed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

What's with the dog speak lately?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Balon posted:

Woof, instantly makes Divergent Kykar better in cEDH. Lets you do the Trinket Mage combo at instant speed.

drat yeah you're right. That's pretty good.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Rinkles posted:

What's with the dog speak lately?

Its what the kids are saying? ‘Woof’, ‘oof’, and ‘yikes’ all seem to be the interchangeable exclamations these days.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Balon posted:

Its what the kids are saying? ‘Woof’, ‘oof’, and ‘yikes’ all seem to be the interchangeable exclamations these days.

Ouphe! :colbert:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Was playing some Arena today and got hit by an Ixalan's Binding and my brain had a temporary short circuit where I could not comprehend how long this has been in standard.

2 years. Is this the longest standard rotation we've ever had?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

AceClown posted:

Was playing some Arena today and got hit by an Ixalan's Binding and my brain had a temporary short circuit where I could not comprehend how long this has been in standard.

Standard has had 2-year rotations for practically the entire time it has existed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nrook posted:

It’s not obvious that ‘cast’ excludes land cards so it’s good it says it.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
This is however the first Standard with full-sized sets for most of that two years, as Rivals was the last small set. So the card pool for this Standard is actually rather larger than used to be normal, and if they keep rotation like this Standard will continue to have a larger average card pool going forward.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

TheDemon posted:

This is however the first Standard with full-sized sets for most of that two years, as Rivals was the last small set. So the card pool for this Standard is actually rather larger than used to be normal, and if they keep rotation like this Standard will continue to have a larger average card pool going forward.

Maybe they should try shortening the rotation, like say, make it rotate twice a year and each pair of sets is in standard for about a year and half?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
jesus christ standard is so bad right now, 8 out of 12 matches in the diamond queue is bant scapeshift grognards

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

ShadeofBlue posted:

Maybe they should try shortening the rotation, like say, make it rotate twice a year and each pair of sets is in standard for about a year and half?

Why would we want them to change something thats working perfectly fine, especially to a system that already failed catastrophically and the entire community begged them to get rid of?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Balon posted:

whew + oof = woof

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Balon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRa75_Hlr28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AceClown posted:

I think there may have been something about these past two years that have made them feel longer than any other 2-year period in Magic's lifetime