Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

manuela is old "will flirt with younger people but not actually gently caress them" horny

I dunno, you have an awful lot of conversations with her about bringing guys back to her room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I swear to do a run where I marry Manuela, even if it means having to play as MByleth

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is the reason awakening had dlc with like every character in the series because they thought it was gonna be the last game

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is the reason awakening had dlc with like every character in the series because they thought it was gonna be the last game

yes

if you're gonna go out then go out with a bang, or so they thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I dunno, you have an awful lot of conversations with her about bringing guys back to her room

yeah but they're all 40 year old knights, i dont think she's loving anyone under 30

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What's the deal with these "house vs house" tournaments having so many random mooks? I just did the intermediate lance one and there wasn't a single named character!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's still amazing to me that fire emblem of all thing managed to crawl back from the brink of death to being a major franchise for Nintendo

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

What's the deal with these "house vs house" tournaments having so many random mooks? I just did the intermediate lance one and there wasn't a single named character!

...Did you poach all the named characters?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

psy_wombats posted:

...Did you poach all the named characters?

Nope! The only characters from other houses I've taken are Bernadetta and Dorothea, neither of whom would be in the lance tournament anyways.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i can't get over claude, in the bow tournament, losing to petra of all people in the finals

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Some of the tournaments are just against random mooks.

I figure they're just the other, unnamed students that populate the monastery.

edit: though there are replacements if you poach a student. I entered Hubert into the mage tourney (he won), fighting through Lorenz, Marianne, Mercedes, Annette, and the final and deadliest combatant, 'Mage'.

(picture Lysithea pouting on the sidelines)

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 6, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Flayn and raphael have some great supports where they just shout war cries at each other

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you were going to build Byleth into something other than a sword class/their unique class, what would you do? I'm looking for some fun alternative builds for future runs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

If you were going to build Byleth into something other than a sword class/their unique class, what would you do? I'm looking for some fun alternative builds for future runs.

I'm probably going falcon knight/Wyvern lord next playthrough because fliers are cool

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

Punch Assassin

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

PantsBandit posted:

Nope! The only characters from other houses I've taken are Bernadetta and Dorothea, neither of whom would be in the lance tournament anyways.

Are you sure it’s specifically a ‘House vs. House’ tournament? Only every other tournament is that, the other tournaments are listed as competitions against various mercenary groups

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Byleth / Flayn C support had me laughing:
F: Prof how old are you?
B: literally no idea, what about you?
F: Oh haha you know... *checks hand* THE AVERAGE AGE OF A STUDENT IN THE ACADEMY

flayn doesnt give a poo poo, she's just doing the bare minimum so she can tell seteth she tried. i didn't really care for her one way another until one of her base conversations where she said "this reminds me of when i was a child so very long ago" and when prompted how long very long means just says "oh, a very very very very very very very very very very VERY VERY VERY long time ago" without missing a single beat.

i love her now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

check out all the random mooks in the dance scene

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

That's different, there are random unnamed students all through the monastery, it's not weird to have some no-names show up at the ball. The weekly tournaments will actually have rogues and bandits sign up for them, though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Phenotype posted:

That's different, there are random unnamed students all through the monastery, it's not weird to have some no-names show up at the ball. The weekly tournaments will actually have rogues and bandits sign up for them, though.

prisoner exercise program

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Phenotype posted:

the school has a course in brigandeering, it stands to reason they also have courses in rogueing and banditry

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The game list's Manuela's age as a secret, but in their paralogue, Hanemann says that he's 15 years older. He's listed as 51 years old (pre-timeskip) making Manuela 36 years old. I am a math genius. :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Andrast posted:

It's still amazing to me that fire emblem of all thing managed to crawl back from the brink of death to being a major franchise for Nintendo

Was PoR the last FE game to sell well until Awakening? FE10 didn't sell all that well IIRC, so you had RD, SD, and New Mystery all in a row sell like poo poo. I'm not a fan of Awakening but yeah it's surprising they were given budget to churn out as complete a product as they did given they hadn't had a game sell well since 2005.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sydin posted:

Was PoR the last FE game to sell well until Awakening? FE10 didn't sell all that well IIRC, so you had RD, SD, and New Mystery all in a row sell like poo poo. I'm not a fan of Awakening but yeah it's surprising they were given budget to churn out as complete a product as they did given they hadn't had a game sell well since 2005.

I believe each game sold less than the last until Awakening reversed the trend. In Japan the sales were (mostly) monotonically decreasing going all the way back to FE3 for the SNES.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

The game list's Manuela's age as a secret, but in their paralogue, Hanemann says that he's 15 years older. He's listed as 51 years old (pre-timeskip) making Manuela 36 years old. I am a math genius. :v:

Fun detail: everything about Manuela's roster page makes perfect sense when you realize she wrote it herself.

Especially the part about refreshing beverages.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

FByleth looks as if there hasn't been a brain cell firing off for years.
I mean, to be honest, this actually matches her character quite well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Harrow posted:

Fun detail: everything about Manuela's roster page makes perfect sense when you realize she wrote it herself.

Especially the part about refreshing beverages.

Oh you are right.

Goddamn, there was so much care put into the tiny details.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm doing my second route with M!Byleth and he constantly has a mean look on his face. His resting face is "I can't believe I have to put up with this poo poo" and I think I prefer F!Byleth's "deer in the headlights" resting face

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sydin posted:

"sell like poo poo"

The games sold well for DS games, it was just not Business Numbers expectations especially with New Mystery going back to japanese only and being another remake.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I've played a few hours on normal and it's way too easy, so I'm restarting on Hard. I was doing Blue Lions, but I think I'll try one of the other Houses. Beagles seem like the "main" story, and I like having magic users, but Golden Deer seem a lot more chill.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BE-Edelgard Chapter 15 question The little preamble before battle had Seteth & Flayn both wish there was a way to avoid this. After learning I could've spared Claude, is there a "golden-but-meaningless ending" for this mission and does it involve dragging Byleth to both halves of the battlefield. I'm having people play keep away with Flayn right now.
I completed their paralogue and had them bot hat B Rank (maybe C for Seteth) if that matters at all

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Speaking of Manuela what do you build her as? She has incredibly weird stats, she starts with B faith as a priest but she has very high strength and speed and uses swords but hates black magic and ???

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I've played a few hours on normal and it's way too easy, so I'm restarting on Hard. I was doing Blue Lions, but I think I'll try one of the other Houses. Beagles seem like the "main" story, and I like having magic users, but Golden Deer seem a lot more chill.

There really isn't a main story, FYI. Each route is missing something that is explored/explained in a different route.

I'm mentioning this because it's something I got caught up on when picking a house and later learned isn't really an issue. Think of it like every route giving you a different piece of the full picture.

Golden Deer definitely has the chillest house leader by far, though.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 6, 2019

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Even normal isn't that easy when you have some of the trickier combat scenarios I think.

Anyway, mastering classes seems to take a LOT of time, and a lot of them seems to be semi-needed. Mage mastery is incredibly strong, and apparently Brigand's is the same for the Phys side? And Archer gives a +Hit? The Intermediate classes mastery do seem the best.

Any other good ones?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

rannum posted:

BE-Edelgard Chapter 15 question The little preamble before battle had Seteth & Flayn both wish there was a way to avoid this. After learning I could've spared Claude, is there a "golden-but-meaningless ending" for this mission and does it involve dragging Byleth to both halves of the battlefield. I'm having people play keep away with Flayn right now.
I completed their paralogue and had them bot hat B Rank (maybe C for Seteth) if that matters at all

Yes there is. I managed to get them both to flee by engaging them with the professor. Luckily Seteth will not move at all so it's only Flayn you have to worry about suiciding somone. I do not know if other units work as well by Byleth will 100% spare them. As they were the only members of their faction I cared about I was very happy when this happened.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

If you really want to power-level a bench-warmer, have them hold an exp gem as an adjutant. You still get all the buffs you would normally since their equipped weapon doesn't really matter, but they'll level crazy fast.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arkeus posted:

Even normal isn't that easy when you have some of the trickier combat scenarios I think.

Anyway, mastering classes seems to take a LOT of time, and a lot of them seems to be semi-needed. Mage mastery is incredibly strong, and apparently Brigand's is the same for the Phys side? And Archer gives a +Hit? The Intermediate classes mastery do seem the best.

Any other good ones?

Mastering Mercenary gets you Vantage, which can be awesome on someone with really high damage, though I'll note that I got it on Byleth and really haven't been in a situation where I've let it trigger so :shrug:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Do beginner classes have any differences between them besides stat growth and the skill you learn from mastering them? Soldiers getting +2 def seems less what I want than more Speed or Strength or Magic, so I'm not sure what to do with all these lance users

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

PantsBandit posted:

If you really want to power-level a bench-warmer, have them hold an exp gem as an adjutant. You still get all the buffs you would normally since their equipped weapon doesn't really matter, but they'll level crazy fast.

Also if you're recruiting someone but don't want to actually use them, but say still want to see their supports, make them a healer. DPS adjutants are more or less useless but healer ones proc a lot and that extra +20 heal is handy as hell. I've also seen some give phalanx/aegis which can be useful. Particularly Ignatz on Lysithea.

e: don't worry about mastering anything other than commoner/noble, brigand, and mage tbh. Promote asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do beginner classes have any differences between them besides stat growth and the skill you learn from mastering them? Soldiers getting +2 def seems less what I want than more Speed or Strength or Magic, so I'm not sure what to do with all these lance users

you gain more weapon experience in the weapon(s) it specializes in