Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/Qlippot/status/1157338088248684544

Apparently that was the source of Doug and EVS' 'falling out.' (Let_them_fight.gif)

Who's Mags in this context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
Also, where does the "blackface lawyer" nickname come from? Was it an actual case, or some remark he made?

It's so hard to keep up with all these weirdos. Between this and the Epstein saga, I feel like my mind has tumbled down a rabbit hole and right into one of those machines used to polish bowling balls. My brain is now hard and smooth and gleaming and ready to be fired into a brick wall.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think he's called 'blackface lawyer' because of this

https://twitter.com/ljmontello/status/1148652211091705856?s=19

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Please note, when confronted with that, Rekietta's entire defense was "my black friend said it was ok".

Yes, he actually tried to play that card.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1157894679393918977?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/themightylayman/status/1158074588573532160

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is horrifying and makes me feel sick. Dude was very retailer friendly, I had a beer with him at C2E2 years ago.

I hope someone burns his house down.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/SjjAirZ/status/1157884163866759168

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The tweets on that account are pretty weird

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fangz posted:

The tweets on that account are pretty weird

It's a bot

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Not every online weirdo you don't like is a bot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fritz posted:

It was certainly intended to be a bot at some point.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This is awful.

Interesting to read the replies from various pros.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

fritz posted:

That they think Dallas has more than one daily newspaper means they know nothing about the newspaper industry in America at the least.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Skwirl posted:

That they think Dallas has more than one daily newspaper means they know nothing about the newspaper industry in America at the least.

That was p. much why I posted it, yeah; I might not have if they had said 'Metroplex' instead.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, it's probably telling that even Vic's supporters think he's the one on trial.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
if it was previous churning out botnoise and is now targeting responses on some hot issue, it's likely an account that's part of a botnet that is now being used for more active, human-tuned paid influence.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Skwirl posted:

Does *any* US city that's not NY have more than one daily?

Seriously, the deadtree newspaper has five years left at most, probably closer to two.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gynovore posted:

Seriously, the deadtree newspaper has five years left at most, probably closer to two.

Boston has two, barely

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gynovore posted:

DC has two, but one of them is run by a cult.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Miami has the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel. The latter is technically based in Ft. Lauderdale, but it covers and circulates throughout South Florida.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gynovore posted:

Detroit has the Free Press and the News, which I think are both still dailies.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Boston has two, barely

The Herald is a POS, it's only one small step above lovely supermarket tabloids. It barely deserves to be called a newspaper.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

if it was previous churning out botnoise and is now targeting responses on some hot issue, it's likely an account that's part of a botnet that is now being used for more active, human-tuned paid influence.

I can't tell what's a conspiracy theory and what's just part of our terrible cyberpunk future anymore

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gynovore posted:

Chicago still has both the Tribune and the Sun-Times.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Zinkraptor posted:

With TF2 lore, they made the decision to just move past the game surprisingly early on. In the comics, the whole Red Vs. Blue war that the actual game is based around ended when Mann vs Machine happened in 2012, and even the “main” comics all take place well after that.

The TF2 comics are fantastic (hence why I still have a Sniper avatar despite not having seriously played the game since I was in High School) and it’s led to a bizarre situation where Overwatch was released with a bunch of lore and hasn’t moved at all, while TF2 had basically nothing and somehow actually turned into a real story. One that will never be finished, because of course Valve stopped right before the final issue that was meant to wrap things up, but still.

Any chance you could post Scout's death scene in the touching panels thread? I remember seeing it on Twitter a while back and thinking it was really well done.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Wanderer posted:

Chicago still has both the Tribune and the Sun-Times.

Doe the Daily Herald count as well? Or is that too geared to suburbanites who claim to be from Chicago?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Billy Gnosis posted:

Doe the Daily Herald count as well? Or is that too geared to suburbanites who claim to be from Chicago?

I spent the first 19 years of my life as one of those suburbanites and I only vaguely recall ever seeing a copy of that paper.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Wanderer posted:

I spent the first 19 years of my life as one of those suburbanites and I only vaguely recall ever seeing a copy of that paper.

Same, but my family got Daily Herald and the Tribune every day.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok posted:

Any chance you could post Scout's death scene in the touching panels thread? I remember seeing it on Twitter a while back and thinking it was really well done.

Wait.

Wait a minute.

They killed off Scout? Like, not for real, right?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gynovore posted:

The Herald is a POS, it's only one small step above lovely supermarket tabloids. It barely deserves to be called a newspaper.

It's absolute trash that can't afford to do their own printing so they literally had to subcontract their own competitor to print their tabloid, it's true

but frankly that's still more than many major municipalities have

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Vandar posted:

Wait.

Wait a minute.

They killed off Scout? Like, not for real, right?

Well

He definitely died, for real, but God let him go back and said he'd see Scout again in fifteen years. Also Scout was explicitly placed on earth as a gift to its women. He's not the only person who dies and gets better in that issue alone. Look, the comic goes to weird places and maybe you should just check them out, but we've been trapped in a cliffhanger since 2017 so folks are tetchy about it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That's such a bad way to casually explain one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a comic to someone who hasn't read it

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Between this and 8Chan, good week!

https://twitter.com/acvalens/status/1158827473414606849?s=20

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Couldn't have happened to nicer people.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Awaiting that go fund me and the idiots it fleeces.

:shepspends:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In the replies, it's back up already.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kalli posted:

In the replies, it's back up already.

Sadly our Russian friends apparently couldn't stick the landing.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Vic got booted from a con in NYC, so now you too can just meet him....in Times Square....

https://twitter.com/Squally_kins/status/1159195424890245120?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"I will tell you as soon as it's likely too late for the venue to cancel once they find out who they let book."